URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1964
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gone Country"

Posted by jbug on 08-19-08 at 12:34 PM
I caught only the last 15 minutes or so of this last night.
Seems John Rich watched a bit of Gordon Ramsay. He was in "costume" observing and interacting with the contestants for the most of the first episode.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/series/gone_country_2/series.jhtml

Jermaine Jackson is best known as a member of the iconic music group, The Jackson 5. The group, consisting of brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael, signed with Motown Records in 1969. Today, the group is considered one of the...

Chris Kirkpatrick is best known as the founding member of the international pop phenomenon *NSYNC. The Grammy-winning group has sold over 56 million records worldwide. In 1998, *NSYNC released its self-titled debut album with hits like "I Want You Back"...

Sean Young has starred in over three dozen feature films including Blade Runner, No Way Out, Wall Street, Fatal Instinct and Ace Venture: Pet Detective. Before becoming an actress, Young worked as a model and...

As a contestant on the fourth season of the hit show American Idol, Mikalah Gordon quickly won over the hearts of her fans. Finishing as a Top 12 Finalist, Gordon competed alongside season four winner Carrie Underwood. During the competition,...

Lorenzo Lamas' first big break came in 1978 with his role as Tom Chisum in the blockbuster film Grease. Since then, Lamas has become a well-known TV star. During the 1980s, he played the role of Jane Wyman's irresponsible grandson, Lance Cumson,...

Sebastian Bach is a Canadian heavy metal singer, best known as the former front-man of Skid Row. The band, founded by ex-Bon Jovi guitarist Dave "Snake" Sabo, recruited Bach in 1987. In 1989, Skid Row released its self-titled debut album, which produced...

Irene Cara's musical career includes two Grammy Awards, an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award. Cara was first catapulted to stardom in 1980 in the role of Coco Hernandez in Fame. In the film, she sang both its title song "Fame" and the...

Boot Scootin with Snidget

Table of contents
  • RE: Gone Country,mindy23, 09:42 AM, 08-23-08
    • RE: Gone Country,JessicaRN, 00:40 AM, 08-24-08
      • RE: Gone Country,MollyTV, 10:53 AM, 08-28-08
        • RE: Gave it another chance,mindy23, 10:04 AM, 08-30-08
          • RE: Gave it another chance,JessicaRN, 05:11 PM, 08-30-08
            • RE:Marty Steward!! Forgot about him....,mindy23, 09:01 AM, 08-31-08
              • RE:Bummer of a Finale!!! (Spoiler info),mindy23, 10:13 AM, 09-27-08
                • RE:Bummer of a Finale!!! (Spoiler info),jbug, 03:12 PM, 09-29-08
                  • RE:Bummer of a Finale!!! (Spoiler info),JessicaRN, 09:49 PM, 09-29-08
                    • RE:Bummer of a Finale!!! (Spoiler info),kidflash212, 01:11 PM, 07-10-16
                  • RE:Bummer of a Finale!!! (Spoiler info),Agman2, 11:36 AM, 01-26-16

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gone Country"
Posted by mindy23 on 08-23-08 at 09:42 AM
Had NO idea who most of these people were until the promos on the first epi. Then LAST night, BOY, did we get to know Sean Young!! Is she whacked or what??

All I can say is this season certainly seems to be full of a ton of drama! And that just isn't the country way, as I see it. Knocking on doors all night long, is not cool for ANY genre. I'm hoping she gets booted out, or at least a very strict talking to by the Rich Man. However, he IS in deep admiration of her, so who knows....Did we lose what's her face, Irene, forever?? Will the group forgive Sean for keeping them up all night? Will Sean be able to remain sober enough to edit her song from NINE pages to 3 verses, a bridge, and a chorus??? Stay tuned next week folks.......

Posted by JessicaRN on 08-24-08 at 00:40 AM
Unfortunately, this show went from being kind of a sweet concept the first season to being a Surreal Life clone this season. And could any of these people really become a country music star. Most of them are too old to start a new career.

Lorenzo Lamas did look good in a speedo though.

Posted by MollyTV on 08-28-08 at 10:53 AM
i agree....jermaine saying the Jacksons sang country first.
uh huh...right....i thought it was all motown all the time.
whatever.

this season is exactly like a surreal life. and i do think rich likes sean. good for him...what a mess....he must like the drama.

they all bore me
mollytv

"RE: Gave it another chance"
Posted by mindy23 on 08-30-08 at 10:04 AM
What can I say? I'm drawn like a deer to the headlights. Besides, there isn't a whole lot on on a Friday night, with the DNC winding down, and the RNC heading up...

Anyway, the drama continues with Irene leaving the 'house' (I agree-SO SURREAL-LIKE, I'm watching for Mini-Me to come around the corner in his little robo-car getup). She just doesn't need this S*** in Nashville. Does she need it in Denver? Or LA or Chicago? No one ever answers that question. Ah, Irene, we hardly knew ye!

Sean is by far the most hated house-guest EVA! Jermaine has compassion, becauss, hey, that's what the Jackson 5 were all about, weren't they? Besides singing Country. I forget-weren't they the ones who did "My Name is Sue"?? Oops-no, that was Johnny Cash. I can see little Michael now, with his tight little fro threatening someone in a bar with that song...ah, the memories of the late '60's.

OK, So, Sean just wants everyone to 'like' her. Like, what? They all say they 'love' her, but THANK GOD, Sebastian tells her to her face that she is a cold faced drunk, and she CANNOT touch one more drop of liquor whilst living with them. Or else, I'm sure! He was royally pi$$ed that they were all kept up all night, and I don't think another trick like that will be very funny at all.

The road trip to the prison was interesting, and somewhat entertaining. Of course, the REAL entertainers-Jermaine, Mikala, Sebastian, and Boy Band, who has ZERO confidence, all took round 2 in this pseudo-competition. The inmates especially loved Mikala and Boy Band, who was stuck with singing a Patsy Cline song "Crazy". Which, IMHO, he did very well!!

Sean, on the other hand, screwed up her lines, her tune, her tone, and every other thing that can be muffed on stage! She is a nutcase, train wreck, sad song whose time has defintely come and GONE!! WAY GONE!! She needs to be in REHAB, hello! Not in this mansion. No way, no how. And I hope we see that happen before this series plays itself into the ground.

"RE: Gave it another chance"
Posted by JessicaRN on 08-30-08 at 05:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-08 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

I agree with everything you said. Sean has no business being here a all. She is a pitiful nut job and has absolutely no musical or performing ability. I think that JR just wanted to have her because he is harboring some old crush on her. If there wasn't the distraction of Sean, I think that I could start to be interested in the rest of the cast. It was hilarious when Mikala was interviewing herself.

I think that either Mikala or Chris will win, mostly because the others are just too old, although I'm liking Jermaine. Whoever wins can go and join Julio somewhere in a dark studio in Nashville, never to be seen again.

I love Marty Stewart and was so happy to see him, but what was the point of having him there and then that was the last we saw him.

"RE:Marty Steward!! Forgot about him...."
Posted by mindy23 on 08-31-08 at 09:01 AM
Oh yeah, what WAS he doing there??? Does he live at the prison?? No, I don't think so, but JR made some comment about him being "Johhny Cash's SIL". So?? What does that mean? He hangs out at the prisons all day, representing Pappa Johnny? I dunno...

Anyway, thanks for mentioning that-I totally forgot he'd even made a 3 second appearance. I think since the show is only 30 minutes, with 20 minutes of commercials, A LOT is lost in the editing. Evidentally, huh??

"RE:Bummer of a Finale!!! (Spoiler info)"
Posted by mindy23 on 09-27-08 at 10:13 AM
For those of you who decided that the debate needed to be on hold and wanted to get away from it all, Gone Country had its GRAND FINALE as only John Rich can produce! Sarcasm here...

I was totally bummed that in the end, though neck and neck, Jermaine was not chosen, but Sebastian, the rebel, no holds barred, forget the rules, rock and roller, got the title of 'GONE COUNTRY".

Yes, they both did an amazing job, but what was it that JR made his ultimate decision on? Excuse my dangling participle-early in the morning....that Jermaine is already famous? So is SB, in some areas, I suppose, though I'd never heard of him. That Jermain is Muslum, Black and has an obviously beautiful black Muslum wife?? You really don't think a hard-core country man like JR would base an opinion on THAT, do ya?

Is it that Jermaine already comes from an ulta-uber-superstar family?? What was the final straw?

In any case, you could see the disappointment on Jermaine's face. And I felt that JR should have kept his stupid mouth shut and just NOT have said the 2 were in a dead heat! THAT puts HIM in quite the awkward postion.

But I get the feeling that JR doesn't really care.

If anyone gets an insite on this, please let us know, would ya??

Posted by jbug on 09-29-08 at 03:12 PM
I saw the finale on a re-run Sat. I was so disappointed that Sebastian won. Not an attitude that fits country at all.
I would like to have seen Jermaine win. Or even Lorenzo - tho he needs some work on his voice, for a non-singer he did very well.

Too bad Mikala ruined her last performance - with grabbing JR's hat and then getting the little girl on stage with her.

I guess I never really knew much about Rich's personality till this show. I liked his music and all, but never saw this side of him - and I don't really care for it.

Sliced Strait From the Heart

Posted by JessicaRN on 09-29-08 at 09:49 PM
JR was pretty sure that he was not going to let go of that hat. Does he have hair under there?

I thought that Jermaine Jackson had a beautiful song and sang it really well. Wonder what will happen with the song?

Poor Chris Kirkpatrick! I actually think that he could have a career in country music and he seemed like a nice guy, until he opened his mouth around JR, and then he would say something that JR took as personal insults. And you don't disrespect JR.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 01:11 PM
Jermaine Jackson sang Country & Western? Should have watched that.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-26-16 at 11:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-16 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

I never understood what a heavy metal artist was even doing on that show!