URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1960
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bachelor Ben season premiere."

Posted by Estee on 01-02-12 at 12:28 PM
In which ABC stops pretending this is about love and just goes for the maximum possible number of catfights per hour.

The standing record is 675,824.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bachelor Ben season premiere."
Posted by qwertypie on 01-02-12 at 04:02 PM
I think I'll give my liver a break and pass.

Posted by Estee on 01-02-12 at 04:05 PM
As if 80% of these women wouldn't track you down and punch you in the liver. How dare you ignore them! They'll show you!

Posted by byoffer on 01-03-12 at 00:16 AM
I watched a bit of the opening episode, for no other reason that to meet the lovely ladies. Both of them.

Usual bunch of girls, most of whom are pretty on the outside but shown to be not-so-pretty on the inside. I don't know who the bachelor is, but think from the comments he must have been a loser on a previous Bachelorette.

As seems to be the growing tradition, many have some sort of schtick for meeting the bachelor. One wore a humongous hat, one told some poems, and one passed on the limo to arrive by horse.

But easily the scene of the night had two girls chatting and touching and all-but making out on the couch. I am pretty sure one even asked for the other's number.

I didn't see the roses, so am not sure if the bachelor gave roses in hopes of a 3-some.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-03-12 at 02:51 AM
Byoffer, Ben is Ashley's reject from the last Bachelorette. He's the guy who proposed to her and got shot down.

The rumor weeks ago had been that the cattiness level reached new lows this season, and tonight's ep plus the previews do nothing to refute that rumor. There are a boatload of wackjobs on there this season, the fangs and claws are already out and sharpened, and a lot of those who got roses aren't really very pretty, but most of this cast ARE shallow as hell. If Ben wants to keep the drama down as much as possible, he needs to get rid of the cattiest b!tches as fast as they'll let him. And unless he's thinking about picking her, he's doing Jenna no favors by keeping her around. She seems quite obviously emotionally weak and unstable, and unless he seriously thinks he might pick her in the end, it would be an act of mercy to send her home next ep and get her out of that house and away from all the merciless cattiness.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-03-12 at 09:30 AM
Somebody needs to give Ben some red bull...he always seems to have such low energy. When I heard he was cast, I was like oh no... his conversations are so boring. There were several times that he just stared at the girl and they had an awkward silence. He must come from family money because I just imagine an entrepeneur winemaker as far more energetic. It's funny to watch the women fuss all over him.

Yes. I agree. Shallow yes. But, also very pretty. This season seems to have some very pretty contestants...more so than previous seasons. For the male viewers, I don't know who was your favorites... didn't finish it but my first impression was courtney the model?, blonde casey? who just smiled and said see you inside, and that girl that just walked by him without stopping. I wonder who will be this season's Emily? I know that they show a lot of bad behavior on this show, but in truth, you literally see this all the time in night clubs.... there's nothing that happens on the show that doesn't happen as a regular occurrence at your typical high profile club. It's just another saturday night. It must be easy to cast.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-03-12 at 12:29 PM
Joe, if that's the kind of $hit that goes on in nightclubs all the time, I'm damn glad I've never been in one. Some of these girls are really awful people, just heartless as hell. As for how pretty they are, yes there are some really pretty ones, but as a whole I think you overrate them. Sure there aren't many pooches there, but there are several of them whose good looks are more superficial than real. Between their looks and their personality and character flaws, I doubt Ben has more than 3 or 4 of them worth considering. He'll just be playing the game with the rest to keep ABC happy.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-04-12 at 01:39 AM
Yes. That stuff goes on all the time in some of the best night clubs. Well, I thought they were pretty ...at least compared to the past few seasons where I felt it had gone down hill. I'm not watching these shows for their heart.... and really Emily was the only one in recent memory that I actually felt like I rooted for.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 01-03-12 at 10:56 AM
I dont normally watch this show but this season there's a Central NY girl (10 minutes up the road from me)Jaime the Nurse who's had to raise her siblings. She got the first Rose at the Rose ceremony. I fully expected to have her be a train wreck as Dryden is a creepy little town (thank god for us sophisticated Ithacan's nearby)but she seems fairly normal. YAY.

Posted by Tummy on 01-03-12 at 12:19 PM
She was by far my favorite of the night.

I probably won't watch when shows quit playing reruns. But I like to see the first episode.

Ben's hairstyle drives me crazy. And not in a good way.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-03-12 at 12:33 PM
Why don't you tell it like it is? Ben's hair SUCKS. He looks like hell. Of course, I don't think his hair is what he's selling.

Posted by Tummy on 01-03-12 at 03:33 PM
Lol. Well, I don't think it really sucks, I just hate that parted down the middle all the way to the tip of the nose style.

What IS he selling? 'Cause I'm not sure.

Posted by mrc on 01-03-12 at 03:05 PM
Haters.

A Slice of Manga
If you quit your job to come on TB, shouldn't ABC list you as "unemployed?"

Posted by Estee on 01-03-12 at 03:19 PM
No, this is a hater.

http://twitter.com/sportsgal33

She's back...

Posted by samboohoo on 01-03-12 at 04:39 PM
Haven't seen much. There are some real "winners" this season.

Ben. I like Ben, but there is absolutely no attraction there for me. I hate the hair - in any form that he has had. I do think it looked better last night that it did all of last season, but longish hair is a complete turnoff for me.

Love the David Gray song.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Loree on 01-03-12 at 09:09 PM
They must think playing up the fact that Ben or his family run a vineyard makes him exciting.

Ben is just dull. Not great looking, no charisma. They have to hope the women are crazy because Ben is not going to bring the drama or excitement. Everytime one of the women swooned about him being great looking I laughed.

DH and I never would have made it through the episode if we had not been drinking wine. It was fun to snark at. But hard to believe anyone really wanted Ben. These women want to be on TV and get famous. They want to win and beat the other women. Ben is like an after thought. They might as well be competing for Chris Harrison's crazy cousin Ernie.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-12 at 10:32 PM
Didn't Firestone have a vineyard too? The show is officially in yet another rut.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-04-12 at 01:43 AM
Yeah, it takes a lot of money to start up a winery... it's obviously a family vineyard...but they make it sound like he's the main man. I thought I was in the bizarro world when the girls can swooning about how hot he was.

Posted by MTW1961 on 01-03-12 at 09:17 PM
If there was ever any doubt that the producers have a big role in determining who stays, that HAS to be erased after Jenna got a rose.

I thought the way Anna walked by without even saying "hi" to Ben was pretty funny, but even more funny was that we never saw her again all episode. What a waste! Glad she didn't get a rose.

Jaime is lovable. She may be this year's Good Guy. Jenna is the psycho, and Courtney the model is the Bad Guy. Should be fun! I hope he picks Courtney and she laughs at the puny little ring he chose for her and throws it in his face. Would be nice to finally see the Bachelor get rejected, and it would be even more fun if Ben proposes to another woman only to be turned down.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-04-12 at 01:46 AM
Unfortunately, Courtney is so good looking. I didn't think so at first when she was sans makeup.....but once she showed up at the limo all dolled up... I thought that Ben will probably keep her around for a while. You can tell which girls these Bachelors are attracted, which they are not just by the look in their eyes.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-04-12 at 04:04 AM
If it were to later come out that them what're in charge told Ben to keep Jenna for good TV purposes, that would prove for all time that they are heartless ba$tard$. Jenna is obviously the top wackjob this year, and it would be an act of mercy to get her out of that house and away from all that merciless cattiness, so if the big bosses made Ben keep her, they better be praying that one of those heartless wastes of oxygen in that house doesn't cross the line and deliberately push her over the edge and cause her to go mental. After Monday's opener I feel sorry as hell for Jenna. She's not cut out for that dog-eat-dog bull$hit, and she oughta be in a normal relationship with a nice guy who loves her, not in a knock-down, drag-out war with 17 other girls, most of whom have no hearts or morals. You always hear that old line, "So and so's here for all the wrong reasons", but in the case of these self-centered DAW's, nothing could be closer to the truth for a lot of them.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-04-12 at 04:32 AM
Question for the women: Is Ben sufficient eye candy for you? If not, who would you have preferred or hope will be the next bachelor?

Question for the men: Who are the five you are most attracted to show?

Posted by Estee on 01-04-12 at 08:15 AM
I don't find him unattractive, just -- bland. He's essentially a walking piece of tofu.

Posted by byoffer on 01-04-12 at 10:33 PM
Okay, I will play. Here are my top ladies on pure looks (based on pics from the ABC website):
- Lindzi (she might have got my first impression rose too!)
- Jenna (head-case or not, she is good looking!)
- Kacie
- Nicki
- Samantha

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-06-12 at 08:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-12 AT 08:54 AM (EST)

A lot of brunettes on your list, lol. Just the way Ben likes it. I'm basically basing this off of when they walked out of the limo...some might not take good photos like Britney and Courtney, but seem more striking when all glammed up.

For me, it would be:

Casey S.
Britney, the one that came with her grandma
Courtney....seems kind of mean, but she does clean up well.
Diana
Lyndzi

Posted by samboohoo on 01-05-12 at 10:10 AM
Ben is not eye candy for me. I have to basically stop at that hair. Not sure who I would want to see.

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-04-12 at 08:55 AM
This show reminds me of the cliques and antics of my son's middle school peers-- it seems like many of the women are stuck in the 7th grade. I only watched part of the premiere episode, and the middle school personalities were already on display; the women were working out their pecking order/social tiers in front of the cameras.

With that said, they'll chew up Jenna and spit out the pieces.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-04-12 at 11:38 AM
I'm afraid you've pretty much got that right, Max. Jenna's gonna need some serious therapy when this is over.

Posted by redheaded_sweetheart on 01-05-12 at 00:27 AM
I'm afraid that girl needed therapy before this even began!

Posted by MTW1961 on 01-09-12 at 08:02 PM
Heh. Exactly what I was going to say. The show only accentuates the need for therapy. It doesn't create it!

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

Posted by samboohoo on 01-05-12 at 10:14 AM
Jenna: I think she could have some issues, I'm going to wait before I call her psycho. Previews do show her having another breakdown. But, as I was watching her last night, I felt she was more drunk than nuts. I have had that same feeling, and I thought the way she spoke was more of someone who had had way too much to drink.

Courtney: Previews lead me to believe she is the bad guy.

LOL about Anna. He did kind of laugh about it, and I thought we would see more of an interaction. Perhaps they showed nothing since he didn't pick her. Not sure.

Posted by Loree on 01-05-12 at 11:31 PM
I assumed he never talked to Anna at all after she walked in trying to be mysterious. But in the outtakes at the end we saw her playing kickball with the group and talking and laughing with Ben.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-06-12 at 09:04 AM
When, Jenna introduced herself as a blogger, my first impression was that she was going to overanalyze everything. I think she just might be super sensitive...some people can not handle these types of high pressure social situation and get overwhelmed with the cameras and everything. Also, Monica seemed to be really mean. We see a lot of girls crying in the trailers...so I'm pretty sure the producers are manipulating the situation behind the scenes to cause more drama and hurt feelings and paranoia.

I am a little surprised that Ben didn't pick Anna and went for a few girls that I didn't think he'd be attracted to. I wonder if some of the girls like Monica were just "suggested" by the producers to stay on because they would create more catfights that this series seems to be moving towards with each successive season. Less about romance and more about catfights. I think Ben just picked Jenna because he was attracted to her....he does seem partial to the brunettes.

Anna--I wondered what would happen with that storyline once she blew him off...but nothing really came of it. I guess it was a bad move... she tried to be different... but guys generally don't go for that type of schtick.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 01-06-12 at 09:07 AM
Maybe, Courtney is the temptress this season? Was she the one that gets naked and skinnidipping with him in the ocean.... and also naked in the hot tub with him (based off of that teaser at the end). Courtney did say she was a "model," so she might be trying to get attention and get famous off of this.