URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 196
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Headbutt"

Posted by suzzer on 05-09-05 at 02:11 AM
Anyone else slow down the Manfredo headbutt from last week and watch it frame-by-frame? It could be a trick of angles/slow-motion, but it sure looks like Manfredo (1) snaps back from a light punch opens his eyes and looks up at Joey's head, (2) lunges upward HARD, and (3) starts to shut his eyes right as he's about to make contact, like he's bracing for impact.

Basically it was Jesse's comment about Mafredo supposedly being the buttee, but yet Joey taking all the damage that made me go back and look at the "tape". I like Manfredo, but Tivo sure makes it look like there was some form of calculation in that action, even if it was just an instantaneous, instintictive lunge at seeing an opening. I think the rest of the world likes Manfredo too, which is why he may be getting a break here. Just think if Anthony had done something like that.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Headbutt"
Posted by thecontender2 on 05-09-05 at 06:53 PM
Are you saying that the head butt was intentional?

Comming soon....

Posted by suzzer on 05-09-05 at 06:58 PM
Yes I'm saying when you slow it down and watch Manfredo, it sure looks like the headbutt may have been intentional to some degree.

Posted by FarwestChips on 05-09-05 at 08:45 PM
LMAO, yes I agree; the guy who has the fight won, and is landing shots at will while backing away from a desperate fighter that is head down and bull charging’ intentionally head butted the other fighter?
Let me guess you are a Ruiz fan huh?

I will now apologize to the board admins that have done such a fine job of controlling me over the past several months, you know I love and respect you all, but you also had to know I could not get past this or the "fixed fights" posts without responding in a less than polite way.
With that said;
suzzer; Elvis is dead, that’s just the way it is, and the little strips in your dollar bills, they are not micro chips made to track you. I can see how love of an artist or paranoia of a large unfeeling government can make a less than normal person believe in such things. But your conspiracy theory is way out there, and makes no since. I would recommend large daily doses of Lithium, Prozac, and LSD. And I beg of your loved ones to send you to a safe place where you cant hurt yourself or others. Its going to be ok suzzer, the doctors in the green ninja suites will remove the listening devices from your teeth as soon as the alien ships has left our solar system.
Want to hear a good conspiracy theory? I think our friends suzzer and Bill3510 are the same person.

Uhthankyavarymuhch, “Elivs has left the boards”

Posted by suzzer on 05-09-05 at 08:56 PM
Just watch the tape and judge for yourself, that's all I'm saying. If you don't agree fine. Like I said, I like Manfredo, and I'm fully ready to admit it could be a trick of the angles or the way things look different when they're slowed down. But it sure is interesting to watch in slo-mo. And regardless of your conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories, this is a legitmate question--one that Jesse brought up in the show--and one that certainly doesn't merit whatever tweak-addled part of your brain you pulled that second paragraph out of.

"no since"???

Posted by FarwestChips on 05-09-05 at 09:33 PM
Sorry, but you posted this at the wrong time, back to back conspiracy theories was just to much for me to handle. Any other day I would have been a bit less offensive, but whatever.
Still you yet to explain why a fighter that was landing over 60% of his punches would head but a guy he admitted liking, and that had only managed to land around 10 of the 30 punches he threw in the round?
It makes no sense (ha! got it this time), a better conspiracy theory would be the one posted by Alfonzo Gomez stating that Peter may have given Joey the two rounds as to not embarrass him with a 5-0 sweep. It was obvious after rounds 1 and 2 that Peter had him whooped and hurt bad, and while peter didn’t throw any punches in three and four he moved well enough to keep Joey from landing any good hard shots. After the fight Peter looked more like he had been out dancing than out boxing.
P.S. I did what you suggested and while Peter did lift his head it was Joey that had crowded him, what was Peter to do? Just sit there and enjoy the upper cut or over hand to the c-spine?
If you can give me one solid reason why Peter would do such a thing intentionally post it.
He said both before and after the fight that he liked the guy.
And once again I will say he knew he won one and two, and he knew he was well ahead in five.
I wont bother posting to this any further, I will let you get back to www.johruiz.com and to posting about how Ruiz was robbed By Jones and the payed off judges.
Unless that is if you would like to go out with me?

Posted by suzzer on 05-09-05 at 09:51 PM
Are you a hot girl?

Honestly this is the first time I've posted here or on any boxing-related board in my life.

Posted by Wassail99 on 05-10-05 at 02:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-05 AT 02:49 AM (EST)

I also taped the fight and watched it with frame by frame advance. From what I saw, Joey "fell" into Peter when he punched him, that is why Peter's head is down, he is dodging a punch, then he instinctively comes up because he is bringing his right arm up to punch Joey. His head is coming up because he is getting ready to punch him with his right hand. Joey hit Peter on the top of his head (in Peter's hair), when Peter's head was still down. I don't want to be gross, but I know that is when it happened because you can see the blood splatter in the frame by frame advance at that time.