URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1951
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Reality Bites Back (Comedy Central)"

Posted by Estee on 07-18-08 at 06:47 AM
This is what LCS should have done. Ten comedians fight their way through eight reality show parodies to win a prize that's one-tenth of their first sufferage point: Extreme Manipulation: House Edition, a.k.a. Not Quite Big Brother. Michael Ian Black hosted last night's premiere and managed to send Julie Chen so far up the river, we may never get her back -- if she could be bothered to notice the thing at all.

First challenge? Seduce someone into a showmance in the dark, using words alone to convince a partner you couldn't see.

The twist? The comedians were unknowingly trying to romance their parent.

This could be good. This could be very good...

Two 'ringers' in the cast: Amy and Theo.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Tonight's 'Rock Of Love'."
Posted by Estee on 07-24-08 at 03:06 PM
Tune in. Turn on. Freak out.

"RE: Reality Bites Back (Comedy Central)"
Posted by bacon on 08-11-08 at 11:37 PM
Is nobody else besides me and you watching this show? It's a freaking riot! I knew I was hooked when contestant/comedian Amy said "You know the old saying. Once you go black you can never talk to your parents again".

I'm also, and always have been, a huge fan of Michael Ian Black. His deadpan delivery is perfectly suited to host this show.

"RE: Reality Bites Back (Comedy Central)"
Posted by Estee on 08-12-08 at 01:54 PM
I think the time and channel are making this one a problem for a few people. CC is going to have a marathon of the first few episodes during a more standard viewing time, so that might help get interest up -- but for now, it's really tucked into a very dark corner.

"So You Think You Can Dive."
Posted by Snidget on 08-16-08 at 08:47 AM
Whoever got Greg Louganis to be on the judging panel deserves a raise?

Who knew he had a sense of humor about himself enough to do this show?

Medal winning sigs by Agman!

"RE: So You Think You Can Dive."
Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 09:51 AM
I lost my Olympics tribute siggie.