URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 195
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Vinyl/Nylon Sweatsuit Jesse was using."

Posted by Lazt Boy Scout on 05-09-05 at 00:09 AM
Exactly how effective are those vinyl/nylon sweatsuits that Jesse was wearing in tonights episode? I saw the water just pour down when he lifted the top half. However, I hardly ever see anyone using those, so can anyone tell me how effective they are?

Damn, if they work that good I wouldn't mind using one for my runs.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Vinyl/Nylon Sweatsuit Jesse was using."
Posted by Superbad on 05-09-05 at 00:40 AM
It depends on what you want to use 'em for.

If it's short-term weight loss, like to make weight for a sport, then it's alright. However, they will not help you lose 10 pounds in permanent weight because it's water loss not fat loss.
If anything they're good to use as a warm-up or a light work out but those things can be very draining (for heavy duty stuff.) I used to spar with one on in the summertime and the sweat used to literally pour out when I stretched the elastic, but I don't like the dizzy feeling that usually accompanies it so I don't mess with 'em too much.

Summer's coming so be especially careful if you choose to use one.

Posted by Lazt Boy Scout on 05-09-05 at 01:07 AM
Gotcha. The perfect explanation.

Thanks a lot.

Posted by RDIheath on 05-09-05 at 10:23 AM
never had to use one but knew many that did use them all through college. I didnt box but wrestled and never had to cut to make weight but many guys I wrestled with DID and used them very effectively. Theyre NOT a substitute for training and eating right to stay at weight (as in Jesses case as he partied and drank and ate with no thought about weight and then had to really CUT)
Most guys use it to make tournament weight (in wrestling) which tends to be 2 pounds below normal weight and it works well
As stated above though its all water and CAN VERY EASILY bring on dehydration

Posted by PhoenixMons on 05-09-05 at 01:01 PM
As others have said, they're pretty much for temporary weight loss only. I'm a dancer and a lot of the dancers (teen and up) use the "rubber pants" to lose a little bit of weight before shows and competitions. But it's certainly not going to help with actual fitness...I wore a pair of the shorts during a one hour dance rehearsal once (probably about ten years ago) - it was really hard to move and it was very cold when I took the shorts off (shock to the system with the abrupt temperature change). I'm not a big fan of the suits myself, but can certainly see how they'd be useful for meeting weight in boxing.

Got blog?

Posted by alex78 on 05-09-05 at 01:08 PM
The craziest thing I heard was one college wrestler wearing one of these suits put a stationary bike in a sauna and then exercised in the sauna for about an hour. He died of dehydration shortly before his match. I would strongly suggest not jogging in the summer with a nylon suit like Jesse.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 05-09-05 at 02:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Martin Lawrence was hospitalized cuz after using one of those suits. It didn't help that he was cracked out of his mind too!

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved
"Power concedes to nothing.....without a demand. But power won't
even concede to a demand, when that demand comes from a weak
constituency that lacks testicular fortitude." ~ Minister Louis Farrakhan