URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 195
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The female comic that does the Macy parade balloon and annoying baby creeps me out!"

Posted by SignorVitalis on 08-31-04 at 00:21 AM
Brr...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The female comic that does the Macy parade balloon and annoying baby creeps me out!"
Posted by vixie on 08-31-04 at 00:53 AM
me too, honey, me too

"RE: The female comic that does the Macy parade balloon and annoying baby creeps me out!"
Posted by FlyinBrian on 08-31-04 at 02:23 AM
You know, if you replace the word "pretty" with "funny" in jessica's act, it makes much more sense.

Does anyone know someone who thinks they are funny but aren't. People keep telling them they are funny, so they think they are, but they aren't. They walk into a party and think they are funny.

All of it is much more accurate that way, except for the part where she says that you start to wonder if she is pretty (funny). I know Jessica isn't funny,

Posted by LeftPinky on 08-31-04 at 04:06 PM
Perfect! She's not funny and has a "one joke" repertoire. It's all variations on the obnoxious voice and faces. Please let her go away first thing tonight (along with Cory and she wasn't funny last night either!)...

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by motormouth on 08-31-04 at 04:19 AM
I am so glad to hear others feel the same way as I do about her. I think she is not only not funny, but highly obnoxious. Her humor seems juvenile to me. JMO.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Posted by Joools on 08-31-04 at 10:33 AM
Her humor seems juvenile
>to me. JMO.

I completely agree, motormouth. Making faces to try and be funny? Yeah, that worked when I was 5. On the other hand, season 2 had slim pickings when it came to replacing Bonnie. Of the four they had to choose from, the only one I liked was Marina anyway.

Posted by Dizwiz on 08-31-04 at 08:10 AM
I missed her act last night (I was reading to my kids...sue me!) but saw the recap...did she do the same act over again? Her recap was all stuff I'd heard before. I didn't like it the first time!

Diz

Posted by truthrules50 on 08-31-04 at 08:49 AM
More proof about comedy being so subjective....I absolutely adored her last night. She had me in tears I was laughing so hard. Personal taste.

I also loved the guy from New Jersey. Boy, they had some dang funny people in the first year (I never caught it).

Sad about Ralphie's dad.

Posted by missygirl3 on 08-31-04 at 11:00 AM
yeah, I agree with all of you. She is pretty d***mn awful and so not funny. But there were slim pickings on Bonnies replacement. I think I am sitting LCS3 out and just read summaries. I cant stand any more of Ant,Tammy, and please no more Rich Vos

Posted by RuffNeck on 08-31-04 at 11:06 AM
Why did she replace Bonnie? I missed the beginning.

Posted by mecated on 08-31-04 at 02:02 PM
Bonnie said she didn't want to do the competition again. So they gave the comics from season 2 a choice from 4 comics from the Las Vegas finals and they voted for her.

Spandex: It's a privledge, not a right (Cereal Killer-Hackers)

Posted by zazzy on 08-31-04 at 05:10 PM
I wondered if that were the reason. I missed the explanation as well --flipping back to the Complex on Fox to see who was eliminated.

Bonnie looked tortured by the end of the show--especially when the first 5 out came back for a second chance. I think it was tough on her ego to be the "least liked" by the audience on top of being the first one out.

Posted by suzybeezy on 08-31-04 at 02:30 PM
>yeah, I agree with all of
>you. She is pretty d***mn
>awful and so not funny.
>But there were slim pickings
>on Bonnies replacement.

Why didn't they bring back Jim Wiggins - The old raspy voice, whiskey drinkin' guy? Or that Norton guy that couldn't continue because of contractual obligations on Tough Crowd? Or how about the guy that Brett Butler and Drew Carey pitched a fit about Dan Futerman (?) Or Monty Hoffman - the throat cancer guy... There were many better choices that Who they ended with. I don't get it. They send the comics from season 2 picked her, why...because they knew she'd be the first one eliminated and wouldn't be any competition!!!

Posted by ropefish_3 on 08-31-04 at 10:20 PM
I think they wanted to replace a woman with a woman.

Posted by Mistral on 09-02-04 at 10:39 AM
I missed this whole week due to my own cluelessness and not thinking it would start until later in Sept.

So Bonnie bowed out (gee, can't imagine why) and they replaced her with that scary lady who didn't even make the first cut? <shudder> Just as well I missed it, I guess.

I agree on your choices for replacement....I was a big fan of Monty's, and any of the others you mentioned would have been just as good. But if the comics got to vote on who replaced Bonnie (I gather that's what it was, or an audience vote?) it seems natural they'd vote in someone not funny that they could surely beat and not one of those guys who might provide some competition.

Posted by Loree on 09-02-04 at 07:07 PM
I am so glad the Balloon Lady's return was short-lived. What were the other comics thinking voting her back in? Was she wanted back because they all thought they could beat her? That is the only explanation.

I don't understand how her type of comedy works in larger venues either. Unless she is on TV or you are sitting close you wouldn't even see the whole facial expression part of her act. And that is about all her act is. That and the annoying voices.

Posted by triednottowatch on 09-03-04 at 02:38 PM

>What were the other comics
>thinking voting her back in?
> Was she wanted back
>because they all thought they
>could beat her? That
>is the only explanation.

You hit the nail on the head. Keep in mind that this is also a competition within a competition. They all knew that Jessica was no threat to the other members on the team, so voila! Instant lamb to the slaughter.

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 09-06-04 at 09:51 AM
WOW....lots of Jessica haters around.

I thought she was kinda funny. Oh well....

Thank goodness they had her back, though, and not Jim Wiggins!!!

YIKES!

I don't think this show's audience is into "sympathy" voting, though, as was suggested a few times. Funny is funny. Only the loser gets sympathy!

Oh well....who will be the next one to go????

Posted by indianajeb on 09-14-04 at 05:42 PM
im thinking they chose her, because in the end the knew they could all beat her...seriously so glad shes gone...couldnt stand her