URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1943
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? - Canadian Ed."

Posted by trigirl on 07-04-08 at 09:41 AM
Anyone watching? Enjoyed the tryouts and Maria school but am not loving the performance shows. Why do they audition using their amazing musical theatre voices and songs then they put them on tv doing cheesy karaoke.

bouncey by Ice

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? - Canadian Ed."
Posted by bullzeye on 07-04-08 at 04:00 PM
I actually thought that this would be part of my summer viewing as I really like Andrew Llyod Weber and The Sound of Music is a long time favourite.

I missed the tryouts completely and I couldn't make it through one episode after that. I never thought a reality show could be cheesier than "Grease", but this show makes Grease look like it is Emmy material. And could they get a worse host for the show?

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Posted by Loree on 07-05-08 at 09:16 PM
I have been watching. I still don't think I can tell half the females apart. But I can't stand Janna so she will probably win.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-02-16 at 06:30 PM
Yea, All females look the same. Got it.

Posted by Loree on 07-07-08 at 10:07 AM
Judge Elaine certainly came out of nowhere with her remarks against Donna lastnight. Wasn't expecting that. We don't usually hear the judges on the reality singing shows talking about a contestant's actions behind the scenes with other contestants. Donna is obviously causing a problem that Elaine does not like. Although John seemed to think it didn't matter if she was b!tchy since he feels all good leading ladies are. But it probably will hurt her where votes are concerned.

Right now I like Elicia the best. Janna and Elicia could be the final 2 if the judges get to pick them.

Posted by trigirl on 07-09-08 at 08:53 AM
I think the judged realized they had totally screwed up the previous week by going easy on some contestants and not on others. The final two was a nightmare because it was probably two of the four strongest girls. Did you see that Elaine was crying?

I loved how Elaine called out Donna's behaviour in rehearsals. She also praised Janna for being prepared. I like having their insight into things behind the scenes.

bouncey by Ice

Posted by maroonclowns mom on 07-11-08 at 07:37 AM

I vote Janna. When she walks out on that stage "she owns it "

Posted by Loree on 07-20-08 at 07:35 PM
I can't believe Andrew brought up the gerbils when Elaine was talking about Richard Gere. John almost fell off his stool laughing so hard.

Posted by trigirl on 07-29-08 at 09:48 AM
The Richard Gere thing was hilarious. You can only get away with that on Canadian or British tv....no way that would have made the cut in the US.

Good finale. Great final two. I think I may buy tickets.

So...Simon was apparently arrested on assault charges and that is why he didn't make the finale. Wow!!!! Can't wait to hear more about that!!!!

bouncey by Ice

Posted by Loree on 07-29-08 at 11:00 AM
>
>So...Simon was apparently arrested on assault
>charges and that is why
>he didn't make the finale.
> Wow!!!! Can't wait
>to hear more about that!!!!
>

Really? I was wondering what was up with his absence.

I was happy with the result. I just never warmed up to Janna. And I do think Elicia did get better and grew as the season went on.

Posted by Agman2 on 02-01-16 at 04:18 PM
Maria, I just met a problem names maria,.....