URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1942
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Final Three Two"

Posted by cahaya on 07-25-11 at 11:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-11 AT 01:19 AM (EST)

The Rose ceremony becomes a non-ceremony as Constantine bows himself out and, while Ashley appreciates Ryan making a surprise reappearance, she sends him off to disappear for good.

And on top of that, we get an interruption from the Rose Garden just as Constantine's outlook looks worse than the U.S. economy. To add insult to injury, a political Boehner isn't quite what the guys were looking for.

Which leaves us with Ben and J.P. for next week's finale.

I'm probably going to skip the drudgery of the rather pointless "Guys Tell All" (99% about themselves) special on Sunday and save the treat for the finale next Monday.

This week's recap here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Final Three Two"
Posted by qwertypie on 07-26-11 at 00:51 AM
Fantastic recap on your link. Thanks!

Posted by Round Robin on 07-26-11 at 01:23 AM
Hell, the "Men Tell All" show is the only part of this bull$hit that interests me anymore. I'm curious to see if Bentley has the balls to show up after the $hit he pulled, what he says, and what the other guys say about him. And I'm mildly curious to see what kind of reaction William gets after the way he roasted Ashley. But after the rumors I read about the guy she eventually picks, the finale and "Final Rose" show don't interest me at all.

Posted by cahaya on 07-26-11 at 12:59 PM
Rumors have it that Bentley doesn't show up.

Posted by Estee on 07-26-11 at 03:22 PM
He's too busy starring in the next season.

Posted by cahaya on 07-26-11 at 03:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-11 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

Although Bentley won't be in Bachelor Pad 2 (contrary to earlier rumors), Ames will be (ABC bios). Then again, Bentley might just decide to try to show up if he can get past security.

However, there are some sites up where readers can vote whether Bentley boy should be in the next season of The Bachelor.

Posted by jbug on 07-26-11 at 01:17 PM
The bachelorette expects all 3 (or more) bachelors to fall madly in love with her.
And? to express that undying and forever love to her.
Even knowing that every bachelor will get his heart broken - except one.
I still don't get that part.

And? I don't get how each man can fall into bed with her knowing either that another had already been there the night before or that another will be there the next night.
Or for that matter, how SHE can.

Hats off to Constantine for taking the high road in that.

Posted by cahaya on 07-26-11 at 01:26 PM
Yeah. While it might seem Ok for her, I sure wouldn't want to fall for a gal who had two other guys who have already fallen for her and who fell (or will soon fall) with her in the sack! I guess Constantine is as old fashioned as we are, hmmm?

This is one reason why I never really got into these kind of shows. I read, though, that in the upcoming Bachelor Pad, they're segregating the gals and the guys, limiting them to smoochy-coochy but no hanky-panky.

Posted by qwertypie on 07-26-11 at 01:36 PM
Haven't watched the ep yet, but many of the former bachelor/ettes swear that no nookie took place on the overnights. YMMV

Posted by cahaya on 07-26-11 at 02:00 PM
It's left up to our imagination after the cameras withdraw. There's really no telling, unless somebody is telling!

I don't have a clue either way.

Posted by samboohoo on 07-26-11 at 03:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-11 AT 10:12 AM (EST)

I'm pretty certain got some. He almost didn't wait for the cameras to leave the suite.

Her kisses with Ben are very different than her kisses with JP. Heck, I wanna kiss JP.

For someone who says she fell early, she sure was having a LOT of fun with Ben on that boat. Especially during the outtakes at the end where they were clearly trashed and talking about their feet. That was actually pretty funny. I would have rather seen that than any of the rest of her date with Ben.

ETF: changed JP to Ben regarding the outtakes.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by sharnina on 07-26-11 at 07:28 PM
Yeah, the sun-tan lotion business was pretty risky.

Posted by Pamselfish on 07-27-11 at 02:12 PM
I agree completely.
I stopped watching this show years ago for the same reasons you mentioned above. It really does stretch believability. The fact that the show is even still on the air amazed me enough to tune in again to see if it had changed. The only thing I see different is now they have a huge travel budget, and the forced scripted drama (i.e. Bently)has gotten stupidly ridiculous. The silly Millionaire Matchmaker is now more about finding love than this show.
If I'm going to watch a scripted drama, I want trained actors.
So glad it's almost over.

And no matter how much effort (and money - flying him to Fiji) they are putting in trying to get us interested in Ryan being the next Bachelor. No Way. Ho-Hum.

Posted by Ants on 07-26-11 at 08:27 PM
I can't wait for the MTA. Should be lots of fun.

I still don't get Ashley's physical attraction to Ben and Constantine. Maybe they're just not photogenic. I don't even get the emotional attraction to Constantine - seemed like he was phoning it in for the past few weeks.

Posted by Pamselfish on 07-27-11 at 02:22 PM
Good way to put it...he has been just phoning it in...but Ashley kept choosing him.
So he stayed around long enough to get the international publicity for his restaurant. Then he hung up the phone with a touch of class.
He can return to his family and community down in Georgia with no regrets. Good for him.

Posted by Pamselfish on 07-27-11 at 01:56 PM
This is the first Bachelor/Bachelorette that I've tuned into in years, so maybe there's been a slow transition to this in my absence, but I'm always surprised when Ashley talks with such certainty about being engaged at the end of the show. Is that now a requirement for the guy/girl left at the end with the final rose? In the beginning that was always part of the draw of the final show....who got the last rose....and....was a poposal going to happen? On those very first seasons, one of the filmed scenes was always the final 2 bachelors going to a jewelers to pick put a ring at the show's expense. Even then, a proposal did not always happen.

Even in this episode, Ashley excitely says to Chris H, "By next week I'll be engaged!" Again - how does she know that? It seems like such a strange statement to make. How can she be so sure the the guy she gives the final rose to will propose? Is she planning on doing the proposing? Even in that scenario, how can she be so sure it will be accepted? They've only known each other for a few weeks in on-camera, unrealistic circumstances....hardly enough to base a true engagement on.

I just remember in other seasons the word "maybe" or "hopefully" was always used in conjunction with the word "engagement". Not this time. I don't get her.

And really, her sun tan lotion behavior with Ben while staddling him in a small bikini was pretty disgusting for someone who is planning on being engaged to another man in a few days.