URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1940
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Wipeout"

Posted by KwietOne on 06-25-08 at 02:05 PM
This came on before "I Survived a Japanese Game Show". I was laughing my butt off watching these people trying to navigate the course.

I especially laughed out loud when the large woman was swinging on the rope, but couldn't hold on. I mean, really. Did she really think she could do this?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Wipeout"
Posted by leggs77 on 06-25-08 at 10:41 PM
I was also laughing my butt off at everyone. For some reason people falling down cracks me up. I am looking forward to new episodes, I haven't laughed this much at a TV show in awhile

Piggly Wiggly

"Love it!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 06-27-08 at 08:27 AM
This is so funny! My young kids even like it...something for everyone to watch.

I really want to go down that slide in the tube!

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

"I watched"
Posted by udg on 06-30-08 at 02:37 PM
I'm reserving judgment. It's like MXC censored, which means my kids can watch it, but it also feels like they're trying too hard. Hopefully, the commentators will fall into a better chemistry after an episode or two.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by samboohoo on 07-02-08 at 09:00 AM
Very funny show. And I love the hosts. I remember that one guy from Talk Soup.

surfkitten summer sigshop 2008

Posted by Asrai on 07-02-08 at 05:48 PM
GF and I have been watching it since the premier and love it! The first night, I realized that I can't watch this with anybody besides my immediate family. Why? Cause I laugh so aggressively that I sound like a spaz! It's embarrassing, but I'll still watch!!

I do prefer MXC (Takeshi's Castle), but I'll take what I can get!!

I've also noticed that at certain times during the show, I start to get physically involved. How so, you ask? When they do "The Sweeper" I end up picking up my legs as I'm sitting on the couch. Or when they do "The Slide," I always lift myself up as if I was actually the one on the course! I love this show!!!

Scooping stars with Sharnina

Posted by KwietOne on 07-02-08 at 06:01 PM
Anyone notice that spinning thing at the end is spinning MUCH faster? You'd think that one dude who made the ugly female comments would just sprint across it, but he was dead tired after leaping over all those rolling barrels.

Posted by Asrai on 07-03-08 at 02:01 PM
Yeah, GF and I noticed that when we watched, too. She kept pointing it out, so much so that it was distracting me from watching the contestants! I think they're tweaking things (like speed and such) every week.

Scooping stars with Sharnina

"RE: Wipeout- a dissenting opinion"
Posted by toddE on 07-09-08 at 04:45 PM
We are a house full of MXC fans who finally watched Wipeout last night. It was kind of lame, honestly.

A big issue is that the Japanese contestants are eliminated when they fall or fail. It is also much more hilarious.

This version isn't awful, but it's mediocre. The hosts are disappointing. Used to love John Henson on Talk Soup. Their suits are the worst. I want to say they wear JC PEnney clothes, but maybe that's harsh on JCP.

Posted by gypsyvixen on 07-11-08 at 02:43 PM
I totally wanted to see this show when I saw previews for it but I keep missing it on tv! Looks hilarious!! And judging by reading your comments, it IS hilarious!

Posted by dragonflies on 07-17-08 at 02:09 PM
All I can say is BIG BALLS!

Surfkitten summer sig shop 2008

Posted by samboohoo on 07-17-08 at 02:44 PM
It's amazing how many people are having trouble with big balls.

surfkitten summer sigshop 2008

Posted by kingfish on 07-20-08 at 06:33 PM
Best Part?

The balls aren't cleaned of mud and are slicker than goose grease after the first person tries to bounce across. That actually looks like a fun backyard thing, except that there have to be some serious injuries.

The falls are very funny.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-11-16 at 04:13 PM
I thought it was going to be about my surfing career!