URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1935
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Bachelorette Ashley - Episode 6 - The Return of Bentley"

Posted by samboohoo on 06-28-11 at 09:17 AM
And hopefully the last we hear of him until "The Men Tell All" and "After the Final Rose."

First thing. Could Ashley's jeans have been tighter? I would have thought going to Bentley's room would have had her prancing down the hall in only a robe. Then for her to kiss him. Then for him to draw that whole thing out another 15 minutes. And I don't know about you, but I think at some point between her sitting on the sofa with Chris and her doing her "F-you" interview to Bentley, Ashley finall saw some of the fricking editing room tapes.

I didn't really see too much of the rest. I saw a little of JP's date, which in my book completely puts him at the top of the list. I think he's definitely in the top 2.

Oh, and Hooray to Mickey!

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Bachelorette Ashley - Episode 6 - The Return of Bentley"
Posted by Estee on 06-28-11 at 11:59 AM
So how do you think Bentley will do as the next Bachelor?

Remember:

Controversy = ratings.
People will watch just to hate in person.
There are at least twenty-five women in the world stupid enough to either believe they can fix him or be attracted to an uncaring emotional abuser.

He's a lock.

Posted by Ants on 06-28-11 at 01:46 PM
Except me. I won't watch. I've only seen a couple of bachs and I've seen enough of Bentley.

I know I said that I liked JP, but Lucas is gaining ground. I'm starting to really like him, too.

It's funny that they paired Constantine and Ben for the dragon boat race. They look like twins, except that C is huskier.

I felt bad for Ashley when the guys turned against her when she talked about getting rid of Bentley. I can understand their disappointment, but I liked JP's reaction much more. I also like that he respected her and didn't tell the guys, let her tell the rest of the guys.

Posted by Ants on 06-28-11 at 01:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-28-11 AT 01:48 PM (EST)

I like Ashley, but yeah, those jeans were too tight.

Posted by Loree on 06-28-11 at 06:50 PM
Ashley is very bowlegged. I don't know why she insists on wearing the really short skirts or the extremely tight pants to show them off. Then she teeters on really high heels and it just looks odd the way she is walking. She also wore a see-thru dress lastnight that showed off her thong.

I believe they finally pulled Ashley aside and told her the truth about Bentley. We did not see her getting the hint from her meeting with Bentley. All of a sudden she is badmouthing him in her interview. She also did not look exactly like she did after seeing him. It was taped at a different time. Her hair was not the same. They brought him back to give her the chance to look like she figured him out. But I doubt she did. She would have taken him back in a minute if he had asked in the hotel room.

JP definitely is looking like the F1. They have the most chemistry together. It must be fun for him watching her scenes with Bentley now.

Posted by Pamselfish on 06-30-11 at 03:02 PM
OMG - All your comments are so right on the money! Thanks for writing it all out so clearly. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind, now, exactly what's been going on.

I really, really like JP. I hope he's not the last one standing. He deserves so much more. I'd watch every episode if he was the next Bachelor!

From the start, I really wanted to like Ashley, but I've just lost all interest.

I'm impressed with the travel budget, however. It's hard to believe all the exotic places they're filming, with so many bachelors still on board. I remember the first seasons of the show - it was a big deal to have the 3 remaining contestants filming across the border in Mexico.

Posted by Ants on 06-30-11 at 07:35 PM
I'd sign up just for the free world travel (well, if I were single and 20 years younger). I believe that many of the bachs and 'ettes do just that. So what if you get eliminated? You get to see the world for free. If you happen to fall in love and get married, all the better.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 07-01-11 at 12:39 PM
>I'd sign up just for the
>free world travel (well, if
>I were single and 20
>years younger). I believe
>that many of the bachs
>and 'ettes do just that.
> So what if you
>get eliminated? You get
>to see the world for
>free. If you happen
>to fall in love and
>get married, all the better.
>
Ditto. and I don't blame anyone for doing this.

Posted by jbug on 06-29-11 at 09:31 AM
Bentley makes it sound like it was his idea to go half way round the world to see her (& on his dime).
Ashley has trouble making herself clear & makes it sound like (to the other men) that it was her idea to bring him half way round the world to see her.
Chris Harrison did not have to take credit for that

I agree that she heard more than we were shown.

Seriously, I agree w/ Ashley that he could have just called;
but then that wouldn't have been near as dramatic for production.
We must all realize that production, drama, it's TV! comes first. Ashley & the men are way down on the list somewhere.

Seems Ashley didn't take time to put herself in the men's shoes to think of how she would have felt had Brad fallen for another & pined over another & then told them all about how he had closure....
Wondered if there was more to JP's reaction than we were shown, but then again, it did appear that she expected them all to have the same accepting reaction.

Mickey knew he wasn't going to be the one - knew he wasn't "falling in love" with her; I'm glad at least one guy had the guts to leave.
However, Ashely's reaction to his telling her to send him home? very childish LOL; like "if you can't play by my rules and let me be the center of everything, you can just pack up your toys and go home right now; I don't want to play with you any more anyway".

So now? who the heck is coming back next time? or did I not understand the previews?

Posted by samboohoo on 06-29-11 at 10:02 AM
Or Bentley could have been straight up from the start and not done the whole "dot, dot, dot" thing. He could have still accomplished his goal of making her cry. It's not like she wasn't going to see it all later anyway.

All of it was an f-ing waste of my time.

I think one of the guys she sends home is coming back. Mickey? Probably not. Blake or William? Probably not. Remember when Ali left Jake and then called him? I think it's going to be one of those deals.

I love JP. He's got a sweet "young" look and a very serious "grown up" look.

Also, Ames. Somewhat hot in this episode. The kiss was a little awkward, but he looked really good all episode. Sometimes he looks odd, sometimes pretty darn hot. This week, he was hot. Still totally not my kind of guy, but he's nice to look at.

Posted by Ants on 06-29-11 at 07:23 PM
How many hours per day does Ames work out to get that rockin' bod? THAT's what's hot about him imo.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 06-29-11 at 01:12 PM
>And hopefully the last we hear
>of him until "The Men
>Tell All" and "After the
>Final Rose."
>

Ha Ha! His name was mentioned again in the preview for the rest of the season! Of course, she COULD have only said "i miss Bentley" "I want Bentley" once or twice, and they've edited it into the show every 6 minutes...but every time I hear his name (besides feeling VERY sorry for her just cuz why would she fall for him so fast, really!!)...anyway, every time i hear his name, i just want to shoot myself. UGh!!

I believe the preview was for the rest of the season, so someone could come back at the FRC or any other time. That is getting old. No wonder I'm not as addicted as last season.

Posted by samboohoo on 06-29-11 at 02:38 PM
Agree. I watched the whole show last night. He comes back, she's done with him and yet we hear his name another 10 times after he leaves.

Grrrrr.

Posted by qwertypie on 06-29-11 at 05:06 PM
It is totally killing my liver!

You would think I would learn not to do the Bachelorette drinking game.

"Well, if you want a liver killer..."
Posted by Round Robin on 07-07-11 at 01:05 AM
...how about this rumor? I won't mention his name, but rumor as printed in a crappy magazine I just read has it that the guy Ashley chose, and who supposedly proposed to her, has already dumped her and is reported to have said he just did the show to get famous and basically used Ashley for a ticket to fame and a show biz career. If that doesn't drive you to drink, or at least drive Ashley there, what will?

"RE: Well, if you want a liver killer..."
Posted by rachelOH63 on 07-07-11 at 12:52 PM
S.h.o.c.k.e.r.

"RE: Well, if you want a liver killer..."
Posted by Ants on 07-07-11 at 10:30 PM
I hope his balls turn blue if that's true. That's a pretty crappy way to treat a fellow human being. Don't like Ashley? Fine, but she doesn't deserve THAT.

"OFFICIAL BENTLEY COUNT"
Posted by qwertypie on 07-07-11 at 11:41 PM
For last episode (thanks Mama Qwerty since I had pretty much passed out)
I kid you not.

"RE: OFFICIAL BENTLEY COUNT"
Posted by Round Robin on 07-08-11 at 04:23 AM
Now THAT'S a liver killer!