URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 193
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"East Coast Spoiler Thread - Discussion of 5/8 Episode "

Posted by pdaj on 05-08-05 at 05:49 PM
Where is everyone?

I'll have to pick up the slack. ;)

Two hours until "game time" ..

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: East Coast Spoiler Thread - Discussion of 5/8 Episode "
Posted by FFantasyFX on 05-08-05 at 08:22 PM
Whoa . . . quiet in here.

It seems like the preeminent question of this episode is if Jesse can get down to the requisite weight in time. Apparently he did. Man, they really are trying to edit this episode as a Jesse loss . . .

"Rounds 1 - 3 "
Posted by FFantasyFX on 05-08-05 at 08:42 PM
This is really amazing. I don't think it can be editing, but I think Anthony actually won the first two rounds. Jesse is laying an egg . . . although he's come out strong in the third round.

"Round 4 "
Posted by FFantasyFX on 05-08-05 at 08:45 PM
The curse of the horrid trainer strikes again . . . based on what has been shown on television so far, I'd have to give Anthony three rounds to one round for Jesse.

"Round 5 "
Posted by FFantasyFX on 05-08-05 at 08:48 PM
If the editing was accurate, Anthony played that final round much too aggressively. And we have our first knockout of the season.

"RE: Round 5 "
Posted by pdaj on 05-08-05 at 08:57 PM
As you guys stated, the West's trainer ("1/2 Man 1/2 Stupidity") .. had been given a lot of positive attention for his motivational tactics in the corner for this show.

But what the hell was he doing tonight?

Telling Bonsante to go after him when he had the match won? Didn't he watch Rocky II? All he had to do was last the round and the fight was his! Immense stupidity on the behalf of Bonsante and his corner.

Jesse looked awful tonight -- and he was fortunate to land the perfect blow.

"Mostly Agree"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 05-08-05 at 09:06 PM
I agree - Jesse looked absolutely horrible tonight. He's going to get creamed by whoever fights him in the semifinals unless he shapes up.

On one hand, I can't blame Bonsante for wanting to continue fighting in the way that scored him the three of the first four rounds. Who knows what would have happened if Anthony had gone conservative; it may have taken him out of his rhythm and Jesse would have scored the knockout anyway. Still, his style left him wide open to counterattacks and I would have to agree that the safer and smarter tactic would have been to stay on the defensive in round five.

"RE: Mostly Agree"
Posted by ladro on 05-08-05 at 10:35 PM
Maybe it was just the editing, but assuming Bonsante was leading 3-1 going into the final round, I think he came out way too aggresive. He should have just danced and jabbed his way through the final round. Easy for me to say

Posted by jenniferlyn on 05-09-05 at 05:48 AM
Son of a B&$#@ I fell asleep and missed the show!!! I'm assuming Jesse won by a lucky blow in the last round?? Did Bonsante really get knocked out cold, or did he just fall down and the judge called the fight?? Damn, they better come out with this season on DVD so I can really see what happened!!

Posted by FFantasyFX on 05-09-05 at 07:39 AM
Jenniferlyn:

Unless the fight was heavily edited, Jesse did indeed win the fight with a lucky blow in the last round. Anthony clearly won rounds one, two, and four, and was winning five until Jesse landed the punch that turned the tables. Anthony wasn't knocked out totally cold though. He got up after the knockdown and seemed to be alert enough to indicate to the ref that he would continue boxing. However, Anthony clearly wasn't all there since Jesse proceeded to knock him silly afterwards. The ref stepped in and called the fight before Anthony seriously got hurt.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-09-05 at 07:08 AM
I agree with you ladro, but yeah... easy for me to say.

"arrogant jesse vs obnoxious anthony"
Posted by matt_abt_u on 05-09-05 at 09:02 AM
jesse got lucky with that uppercut as he was losing the fight big time. he looked lethargic, could be the effect of losing too much water trying to make the scale.

anthony, was looking for the kill to shut out jesses mouth but too bad, he got over confident when going for it, as a result, got careless.

my heart sank when i saw his daughter looked at her dad being punched into a pulp.. sad, but thats boxing.

"RE: arrogant jesse vs obnoxious anthony"
Posted by ChicagoTRS on 05-09-05 at 09:40 AM
Interested in seeing the score cards for this fight but looked obvious Anthony was way ahead and just needed to cruise through the last round. The ring side comments from Tommy and others made it clear Jesse needed the knockout in the 5th. Really poor corner work in Anthonys corner, he should have went to a more conservative approach.

Another good fight...one thing has been proven throughout this show is that all of these fighters have put up very good efforts even when most of the "experts" have called certain fights mismatches. Jesse was supposed to destroy Anthony...Peter was supposed to crush Joey...Ishe was supposed to beat everyone...etc...