URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID18
Thread Number: 193
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"HUGE NEWS: New reality show exclusively at SB.COM.......casting applications being taken now!"

Posted by shakes the clown on 05-10-01 at 07:58 PM
....well, I've figured out my summer project (besides being a full fledged media whore that is). It is with great pleasure that I bring you the inaugural SB.Com Celebrity Member Survivor!!

That's right, 16 of you will be chosen by yours truly to participate in the first ever SB.Com Survivor. This is NOT a fantasy game...this is for real.

Every week I will submit a detailed summary of the week's episode much in the same way I did for the regular, boring, no personality Survivor. Only this show is all about you guys!

There will be drama, there will be alliances, there will be backstabbing, starvation, sex, chocolate, crying and in the end, victory for the sole survivor!

Now, to answer the question you've all been waiting for....How do I get on this fabulous show? Easy, all you have to do is fill out a simple application. The applaication will ask some very personal questions, but your responses MUST be made public as you learn the first lesson in being a media whore...your life is not your life anymore, its ours!

Now, keep something else in mind, even if you don't apply for the show, you still might be selected anyway as I have determined that anybody who has ever posted on this forum is immediately eligible. I'm looking for 16 dynamic, unique and hopefully conflicting personalities and I won't take no for an answer.

Because of the secrecy of the project, the location and the cast will not be revealed until the first summary...however, I do not have airtight security on the set and I expect possible spoilers to emerge and be posted on the board.

I know you people love my summaries (I hope) but, now here's your chance to be a part of them!

Without further ado, the application: Please respond with quotes so I can keep track of your answers accordingly.

Background questions

1. Age

2. Marital Status

3. Kids?

4. Employment?

5. Educational background?

5.5 Military background?

6. Intersting employment background?

7. Gender?

8. Social Security Number and major credit card # (just kidding

Survivor questions

9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the most?

10. Now the one(s) you admire the least?

11. If you were to make the show, what would your strategy be?

12. Cite an example where you have been ruthless?

13. What special skill(s) would you bring to your tribe?

fun facts

14. Describe your most embarrasing moment?

15. Ever experienced that not so fresh feeling? (just kidding)

16. Favorite Food?

17. Poster on the board you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge (posters already in game will not be eligible, but answer will be updated accordingly if need be)?

18. Favorite Movie? (may list more than one)

19. Favorite book? (may list more than one)

20. Would you sleep with Shakes the clown for a guaranteed spot in the final 2?

21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list)(No survival items!)

The show will be shot at the same place as all the rest of the Survivor shows, a sound stage in Los Angeles...right Survivor Dawg?

And remember one thing, even if you don't apply you still might find yourself selected and then it will be at the author's descretion to fabricate your background as he sees fit...so I suggests you fill out the applications or else run the risk of being subjected to tabloid-style journalism.

P.S. I'll be posting this thread on every board (sorry GT) cause I don't want anyone to miss out and I really don't know where this goes yet.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: HUGE NEWS: New reality show exclusively at SB.COM.......casting applications being taken now!"
Posted by dangerkitty on 05-10-01 at 11:36 PM
>14. Describe your most embarrasing
>moment?

It would help if you would narrow it down to "most embarrasing moment not involving alcohol".

dangerkitty

"Nevermind" - Kurt Cobain and Emily Litella

"post your apps on this thread"
Posted by shakes the clown on 05-11-01 at 00:31 AM
Where do I
>send my application?

...if you want to be a media-whore, you have to learn the first lesson....NO PRIVACY...so post your apps in this thread.

Besides, this will give everyone a chance to see the inner workings of the whole casting process...I might even post the fina cast interviews when I get around to them.

I'll also post a lot more info about the way this is gonna work tomorrow night, but basically your involvement ENDS when you fill out your app....the rest is up to me..you just have to sit back and wait for the summaries to see if you made the show, and then to see how you are edited.

One thing I will tell you, the final two will be live in a chat room on SB (written summary to follow of course) and the jury will be required to vote for the winner...so I don't decide the final winner.
\\

"RE: post your apps on this thread"
Posted by dabo on 05-11-01 at 03:16 AM
>I'll also post a lot more
>info about the way this
>is gonna work tomorrow night,
>but basically your involvement ENDS
>when you fill out your
>app....the rest is up to
>me..you just have to sit
>back and wait for the
>summaries to see if you
>made the show, and then
>to see how you are
>edited.
>
>One thing I will tell you,
>the final two will be
>live in a chat room
>on SB (written summary to
>follow of course) and the
>jury will be required to
>vote for the winner...so I
>don't decide the final winner.
>
shucks, this sounded great until the chat bit, dammitall I don't do chat; honestly, arranging that, sounds neat but how you gonna do that?

"RE: HUGE NEWS: New reality show exclusively at SB.COM.......casting applications being taken now!"
Posted by SherpaDave on 05-11-01 at 12:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-01 AT 01:32 PM (EST)

Edited to remove a dumbass question I had and just fill out the app instead:

Background questions

1. Age
34, but would turn 35 during the "run" of the show.

2. Marital Status
Married.

3. Kids?
Two boys, 2 1/2 yrs. and 2 1/2 wks.

4. Employment?
According to my business cards, I'm a Senior Web Engineer, whatever that means.

B.S. in Interdepartmental Studies in Speech from Northwestern University (translation: I was a Theatre major who took too many classes outside the Theatre department). Don't ask me how a classically trained actor became a Senior Web Engineer, but it should translate well to being a Shameless Media Whore.

5.5 Military background?
My fraternity pledge son was a Naval ROTC. That count?

Was in a touring improv show created by the guy who later created "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"
Did fund-raising for United Way.
Was officially a Digital Sherpa (hence the handle).

7. Gender?
Male.

588-2300-EMPIRE (inside Chicago joke to curry favor with the judge).

Survivor questions

The kangaroo on the left looked like it had the upper hand in its boxing match with the 'roo on the right.

Duh, the 'roo on the right.

I would do my damnedest to write eminently quotable posts right before Shakes writes each summary to make him want to keep me around. Also known as the Andy Van Slyke strategy (inside baseball joke to earn brownie points from the judge). Also, I'd walk around in my birthday suit on my birthday. Hey, it worked for Dicky.

I once convinced a kid I didn't like that a friend of mine had died when he was out with pneumonia. On the day my friend came back to school, we let everyone know what was going on. My buddy wore a white suit and everyone pretended they couldn't see him while he kept saying things like, "Jim, you're next. I've come back for you, Jim." Even the teachers were aware of it and played along. We let poor Jim get pretty worked up before dropping it.

Well, it's an internet survival contest. I'd say a Digital Sherpa should be pretty well qualified for that.

fun facts

Tie: 1) Having a snotball fly out of my nose onto my girlfriend's face while I was kissing her, or 2) squeezing my (different, later) girlfriend so hard while we were having sex that she unleashed a gargantuan fart.

Ummm... see #14.

16. Favorite Food?
Gyros.

17. Poster on the board you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge (posters already in game will not be eligible, but answer will be updated accordingly if need be)?
By the time this challenge rolls around, I figure I'll be REALLY hungry, so I'd pick someone nobody would miss and pull a Hannibal Lecter on him. skierdude10 would be a likely candidate.

"Delicatessen"

The Brothers K by David James Duncan

Only if he straps on Colby's “Outback Porta-Pussy.” (See http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/1467.shtml)

21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list)(No survival items!)
Colby's “Outback Porta-Pussy”
SAFECO Field
Diaper Genie (parents of young'uns know what this is; it could easily be adapted to handle the tribe's sewage problems)
A web-cam (so I could transmit back to the board spoilers that Shakes wouldn't want everyone to see)
Howard Stern, bound and gagged (so I could kick the crap out of him whenever someone was pissing me off)

Can I have my lovely parting gifts now?

Posted by ItzLisa on 05-11-01 at 02:06 PM

3. Kids?

*** 2 1/2 WEEKS! Congratulations on your "newbie", Sherpa Dave!
(And your embarrassing moments were hilarious!)

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

Posted by SherpaDave on 05-11-01 at 04:27 PM
>*** 2 1/2 WEEKS! Congratulations
>on your "newbie", Sherpa Dave!
>
Thanks, kindly. I think that was the first week I voted for Tina to be booted, since I had absolutely no time to read the spoilers that week.

Btw, if ever I get to be a "Survivor" contestant, the first thing I'll do is get tattoos of both boys, so I can have pix of them with me without using up a luxury item to get 'em.

"Hey, look! I'm wasting my 700th post on this question. . ."
Posted by George Tirebiter on 05-11-01 at 03:34 PM

>Was in a touring improv show created by the guy who later created "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"

Is that the REAL Whose Line? or the Drew Carey rip-off? (I love that show! some of the most brilliant teevee ever!)(Sorry, Drew, but you don't know sh¡t about improv, and you're no Clive Anderson!)

GT

700!Please just throw money, people--money. . . or drugs. (If you choose drugs, I may accept cake and tofutti later.)

"RE: Hey, look! I'm wasting my 700th post on this question. . ."
Posted by SherpaDave on 05-11-01 at 04:25 PM
>

>Was in a touring improv show created by the guy who later created "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"

>Is that the REAL Whose Line?
>or the Drew Carey rip-off?

Both, actually. Dan Patterson was the director of the show I was in, called "Oedipuss 'N' Boots." Shortly after, he was hired by BBC Radio. When he moved into BBC TV, the first show he created was "Whose Line." When Drew brought the show over here, he brought Dan with it as the Executive Producer.

Posted by samiam on 05-16-01 at 01:15 PM
3. Kids?

Oh, so you're getting a LOT of sleep. I have an almost-3-year-old and an almost-1-year-old, both boys. Man, are you in for it! *snicker*

"My lovely application..."
Posted by colleenwannabe on 05-11-01 at 04:43 PM

>1. Age : 34
>
>2. Marital Status : Yes
>
>3. Kids? : Two sons
>
>4. Employment? : IBM, technical writer
>
>5. Educational background? B.A. in English
>
>5.5 Military background? No way
>
>6. Interesting employment background? Avon lady, dry cleaning, H&R Block receptionist
>
>7. Gender? : Female
>
>8. Social Security Number and
>major credit card # (just
>kidding : No way
>
>9. List the contestant(s) from
>SurvivorII that you admire the
>most? : Alicia and Mad Dog
>
>10. Now the one(s) you
>admire the least? : Amber and Mitchell
>
>11. If you were to
>make the show, what would
>your strategy be? : As entertaining as possible
>
>12. Cite an example where
>you have been ruthless? : Deletion of important file.
>
>13. What special skill(s) would
>you bring to your tribe? : Maintaining in the face of adversity
>
>moment? : Forgetting the ending to a joke in front of at least 10 people, including my boss and his boss.
>
>15. Ever experienced that not
>so fresh feeling? (just kidding) : at least once a month
>
>
>16. Favorite Food? : avocados
>
>17. Poster on the board
>you would most like to
>have visit you if you
>won a "visit from family
>member" Reward Challenge (posters already
>in game will not be
>eligible, but answer will be
>updated accordingly if need be)?
>: Vampkira
>
>18. Favorite Movie? (may list
>more than one) : Bringing up Baby and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
>
>19. Favorite book? (may list more
>than one) Maia and Rachel Ray
>
>20. Would you sleep with
>Shakes the clown for a
>guaranteed spot in the final
>2? : Nah.
>
>21. List five items you
>would like to bring as
>a luxury item? (if selected,
>I will choose one of
>the items from the list)(No
>survival items!) My Basset Hound, brush, conditioner, razor, and pillow
>

Posted by Mitrelleum on 05-14-01 at 03:48 AM

HOT DIGGITY DAMN!!!!

Background questions

1. Age
2. Marital Status
Single
3. Kids?
None
4. Employment?
Food Service Manager
High School education (12&1/2 years)
5.5 Military background?
I stood in front of a cannon once
6. Interesting employment background?
Warner Bros. Studio Store employee. (Believe me, that was interesting...)
7. Gender?
Male
Survivor questions
Umm...5...
Jeff, Tina, Mad Dog, Keith, Alicia, Rodger, Elisabeth
Jerri, Mitchell, Kel
Lay low at first but fight for the team, after the merger, try not to be so athletic, gain people's trust and learn others strategies.
This week, an employee of mine who has been slacking and has little respect for my position, came in to find his hours completely cut from the schedule.
Sense of humor, unbiased psychological outlook, practicality, organization, and well thought out strategy.
fun facts
My uncle almost caught me polishing the candle in the bathroom
As a matter of fact, I...Hey! Wait a second...
16. Favorite Food?
Pasta and chicken combinations
Superman! For encouraging me to vote!
The Goonies, Poseidon Adventure, South Park
Dragonlance Chronicles
If he lets me tie him up
Prescription goggles
Listerine
Deck of Uno cards
Nail Clippers
Red convertible Volkswagen Beetle

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PICK ME!!!!
I want to be your Survivor whore!!!

Posted by AresMars on 05-14-01 at 09:48 AM
Background questions

1. Age - 40

2. Marital Status - Yep, 13 and going strong

3. Kids? - 1 boy, 10 yrs
4. Employment? - Software Application Developer

5. Educational background? - Some College

5.5 Military background? - er... Does being born on Twenty-Nine Palms count?

6. Interesting employment background? - Use to build passenger aircraft, now I go by train.

7. Gender? - Male

8. Social Security Number and major credit card # (just kidding ) – You show me yours and I’ll show you mine

Survivor questions

9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the most? PyschoMichael and Kentucky Joe

10. Now the one(s) you admire the least? ScerriJerri and Bitchell

11. If you were to make the show, what would your strategy be? Poison my opponents against each other until they turned and fed on themselves ...hee ...hee

12. Cite an example where you have been ruthless? Set up a co-worker I didn’t like to fail on an important project. In all fairness he tried to do it first.

13. What special skill(s) would you bring to your tribe? Be there when they need a friendly ear, until my knife slips in their back of course.

Fun Facts

14. Describe your most embarrassing moment? When I was about 8 I woke up from a nap and went out to the playground for our complex....to bad I didn't get dressed first.

15. Ever experienced that not so fresh feeling? (just kidding) Only after franks and beans.

16. Favorite Food? Spaghetti and meatballs.

17. Poster on the board you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge (posters already in game will not be eligible, but answer will be
updated accordingly if need be)? – Shakes, SurvivinDawg, or Ice Cat.

Independence Day, Boys in Company C, Matrix, Green Berets

19. Favorite book? (may list more than one) The Stand, LOTR, Dune

20. Would you sleep with Shakes the clown for a guaranteed spot in the final 2? Hmmm, He’d have to have some major corrective surgery first.

21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list) (No survival items!)
1) Sketch Pad and Pencils
2) Camera and Film
3) A baseball
4) A Laptop and lotsa of batteries
5) My coffee cup

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

Posted by unknownsurvivor on 05-14-01 at 06:31 PM
Ok I am new here but would really like to be concidered for your show.
so here's the dirt

Background questions

1. Age - 22

2. Marital Status - single

3. Kids? - none that I know of

4. Employment? - Car audio installer

5. Educational background? - Hs and minor college

5.5 Military background? - I own a set of camo clothes and a gun.

6. Intersting employment background? - Used to pickup bodies for local funeral homes

7. Gender? - male

only if you promise not to tell any one else
Survivor questions

9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the most? - mike and roger

10. Now the one(s) you admire the least? - jerri and debb

kiss ass and do what ever the producer tells me to.
12. Cite an example where you have been ruthless? - not showing up to work on time for 6mo strait

13. What special skill(s) would you bring to your tribe? - the ability to build any thing, start a fire, and cook rice

fun facts

14. Describe your most embarrasing moment? - getting cought with the bosses daughter on the table in the break room

after I answered question 20
16. Favorite Food? - twinkies and ho-hos

17. Poster on the board you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge (posters already in game will not be eligible, but answer will be updated accordingly if need be)? ellippis - they already know who will win

18. Favorite Movie? (may list more than one) - hannible

19. Favorite book? (may list more than one) - hannible

20. Would you sleep with Shakes the clown for a guaranteed spot in the final 2? - only if it was more than 1 million for the prize

21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list)(No survival items!) -
duct tape
brittany spears
contacts and soulution
arsnic
body bags

Unknownsurvivor

Posted by Play2Survive on 05-15-01 at 00:43 AM
>There will be drama, there will
>be alliances, there will be
>backstabbing, starvation, sex, chocolate, crying
>and in the end, victory
>for the sole survivor!
>
>
> Background questions
>
>1. Age ..... 34
>
>2. Marital Status ..... singly
>
>3. Kids? ..... None
>
>4. Employment? ..... former Marketing Consultant, future Media-whore-with-a-disturbing-twist
>
>5. Educational background? ..... Calvinism and the Theater
>
>5.5 Military background? ...... Uh, no.
>
>6. Intersting employment background? ...... Dancing bartender
>
>7. Gender? ..... male
>
>kidding ..... after we have sex
>
> Survivor questions
>
>most?

Varner
Tina
Alicia
>
>10. Now the one(s) you
>admire the least?

Amber
Colby
Mitch

>11. If you were to
>your strategy be?

Find out as quickly as possible what this clown’s game is all about. If it’s anything like the real Survivor, I will avoid offensive behavior like singing Fiona Apple songs, comparing myself to Miss America, assigning names to other player’s dinner, breaking into obscene snoring after getting off with Mom, and talking about my own bodily odors.

>you have been ruthless?

When I was four years old my old lady made me hit the hay before I was ready. After tucking me in and giving me a kiss goodnight, she turned to the door. I shouted for her to stop, and in a deadly serious low tone said, “Mom. Some day I’m going to cut your head off.” (This day has not yet come).

>you bring to your tribe?

A photographic memory for numbers, perfect arches in my feet, athletic prowess, exceptional investigative skills (like picking Amber to win it all in the PTTE), strong physically conditioning, an irrational fear of flags, and ancient Chinese ass cleaning secrets.
>
> fun facts
>
>moment?

When I was 13 and my mom caught me and the neighbor girl showing each other our recently developed bushes in the laundry room.

>so fresh feeling? (just kidding)
>
Foaming Oven Cleaner works like a charm

>16. Favorite Food?

Sushi

>17. Poster on the board
>you would most like to
>have visit you if you
>in game will not be
>updated accordingly if need be)?
>
SurvivorDawg, ItzLisa, Cass12, Skierdude or Ayak – depending on the stage in the game that I win said challenge

>more than one)

Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
The Ref
Six Degrees of Separation
The Party
Heathers
Elizabeth
Love and Death

>than one)

Confederacy of Dunces

>Shakes the clown for a
>2?

What gender is a clown? What does a clown look like naked? Does a clown kiss with mouth open or closed? Are clowns dominating or passive? Do clowns want to cuddle after sex? ….. ok, yeah, all right, if I must.

>21. List five items you
>would like to bring as
>I will choose one of
>survival items!)
>
A volleyball
Pen and paper (no, that’s not two items, it’s the kind my grandmother used to buy, where the pen was actually attached to the note pad with a string)
Soap
A case of diet doctor pepper
A clown suit

"And now, the movie"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 05-15-01 at 02:52 AM
>>21. List five items you would like to bring as
>>a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of
>>the items from the list)(No survival items!)
>>
>A volleyball

Wilson?

"RE: And now, the movie"
Posted by dabo on 05-15-01 at 03:16 AM
I'm beginning to suspect shakes is Bruce Dern but, lol, don't let on, let's see how he runs things out. hoooohoooooo!!!!

Posted by cass12 on 05-15-01 at 11:09 PM
1. Age

2. Marital Status
Engaged

3. Kids?
2 dogs and a cat (Adopted, not spawned by me)

4. Employment?
Full time black witch

Witchcraft, and some college

5.5 Military background?
None

Motivational speaker at prisons nationwide

7. Gender?
Female

I can get you some stolen ones if you need 'em

Survivor questions

Jeff, Mad Dog, Tina

Kel, Amber

Curses, Curses, Curses

Leading the police on a long car chase after robbing a liquor store

See #11 and also catching things mid-air when they fall

fun facts

Hitting a parked car while waving to an ex's grandparents

ZESTY

16. Favorite Food?
Cheese

GG, VampKria, P2S

Eddie and the Cruisers,Senseless,American Beauty,Shawshank Redemption

Watership Down

Absolutely

Vaseline
Ice Pick
Rubber Cement
Whip
Tube of tennis balls

Posted by Lightmage81 on 05-16-01 at 01:52 AM
First a Volleyball, now some tennis balls........

next we'll see Survivorsean's bowling alley bcome a reality!!!

Posted by Play2Survive on 05-16-01 at 11:10 AM
Can't answer for Cass on her tennis ball fetish, but I chose a volleyball (first on the list mind you) because the final survivor will need a friend. I fully expect Shakes (reality my ass) to off the cool folks early. To last the long, hot summer, I will need a friend to hit around/sleep with. I want Shakes to name it though.

"What the hell...."
Posted by samiam on 05-16-01 at 02:49 PM
> Background questions
>
>1. Age? 30 (NO! NO!)
>
>2. Marital Status? Very, very married.
>
>3. Kids? Two boys, almost 3 and almost 1.
>
>4. Employment? I'm a field research associate in child development. Also known as a stay-at-home mom. Also known as "What do you mean, cook? I haven't even showered yet!"
>
>5. Educational background? Bachelor's degree in history, with minors in English and psychology (Can you say "unemployable?" I knew you could!)
>
>5.5 Military background? I do nothing that requires me to function in predawn hours. I am violently not a morning person.
>
>6. Intersting employment background? I was in this movie on the Internet...also, I was the assistant to the speaker series director for a college, and in that capacity I once got to have dinner with Dr. Ruth.
>
>7. Gender? Female.
>
>kidding My Discover card number is...oh, wait, that's not a "major" credit card.
>
> Survivor questions
>
>most? Alicia, Jeff, Tina
>
>10. Now the one(s) you
>admire the least? Mitchell, Amber, Keith
>
>11. If you were to
>your strategy be? Be sweet and cheerful and helpful, flying under the radar, then cut their knees out from under them as soon as it's feasible, smiling the whole time. Kind of like Tina.
>
>you have been ruthless? Be a telephone solicitor and call me sometime. I've made several of them cry.
>
>you bring to your tribe? Cooking, organization, sarcasm...oh, and I was a Girl Scout for 12 years, so that would mean, well, nothing except that I was addicted to the damn cookies. I am, however, a mom, and as such, I am constantly surrounded by emotional blackmail, psychological turmoil, attempts at manipulation, and poor acting. Bring it on.
>
>
> fun facts
>
>moment? I was breastfeeding at home one day when there is a knock at the door. I rise from the sofa with my babe still cradled in my arm; I am unaware that he has disengaged and is now sleeping peacefully. I greet the UPS man with shirt pulled up, bra unbuckled and exposed to the world. To his credit, he kept a straight face, but I'm sure he had a good story to tell when he got back to the office.
>
>so fresh feeling? (just kidding) Every week after watching Survivor
>
>
>16. Favorite Food? Ice cream. Ben and Jerry are my personal gods.
>
>17. Poster on the board
>you would most like to
>have visit you if you
>in game will not be
>updated accordingly if need be)? ItzLisa, if she brings the 'Girls with her...I may need them.
>
>
>more than one) Monty Python's The Holy Grail, The Matrix, The Blues Brothers, Henry V
>
>than one) Last Call by Tim Powers, Dune by Frank Herbert, and anything by Tom Robbins
>
>Shakes the clown for a
>2? Can I bring my husband?
>
>21. List five items you
>would like to bring as
>I will choose one of
>survival items!)
>
Carmex
Boggle game
dental floss
aromatherapy cream
pen and paper (because even if I don't win the money, I plan to get a large advance for my autobiographical account of the life and times of a reality show contestant)

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating. -- George W. Bush

"RE: What the hell...."
Posted by SherpaDave on 05-16-01 at 03:59 PM
>>12. Cite an example where
>>you have been ruthless? Be a telephone solicitor and call me sometime. I've made several of them cry.

Being a mom of two small boys, you'll appreciate my method of handling them. When they ask for me, I tell them, "Just a moment." Then I hand the phone to my two-year-old (who LOVES to jabber away on the phone).

Posted by larman on 05-16-01 at 09:37 PM
OMG! That's it!! I cannot wait for the next phone solicitor...I've GOT to try this one over here! LOL-'lil ole Rachael will give them a run for their money...hope they don't hear the rest of us snickering on the other phone as we are listening in...Thanks!-gator

Posted by samiam on 05-17-01 at 03:58 PM
I have done a version of this. Once I got a call during one of my two-year-old's world-famous temper tantrums. I said to this poor person, "Hey, you know what? I'll sell YOU something." And I hold up the phone to my screaming, floor-pounding child for a moment. Then I add, "It's a once-in-a-lifetime offer that you really can't refuse. Can I just verify YOUR address so I can send him to you C.O.D.?" Funny how quickly they hang up.

Posted by dangerkitty on 05-16-01 at 04:10 PM
You app is a riot, samiam!! Great read!

>>5. Educational background? Bachelor's degree in history, with minors in English and psychology (Can you say "unemployable?" I knew you could!)

LMAO! A kindred spirit! Me: Bachelor's in Political Science, minors in theatre and psychology. (Both discarded majors, btw). And with two more upper-division classes, I could have had a third minor in literature. Responses to job search after college: "You're under-qualified." ~or~ "You're over-qualified."

dangerkitty

"Nevermind" - Kurt Cobain and Emily Litella

Posted by samiam on 05-17-01 at 03:54 PM
Ah, yes! So then you either A) spend another two years in school getting trained to do something you don't like but can get a job doing or B) accept a job for which you are horribly overqualified and will be criminally underpaid. BTDT!

Posted by janisella on 05-16-01 at 11:35 PM
Shakes, do you really need a summer project? I've got a house that needs cleaning and two kids who need chauffering to sports. Wouldn't that be a better use of your time than some imaginary survivor game?

I'll answer the questions just in case you decide you need a token soccer mom (and quite frankly I'm scared of the background you might make up for me).

Background questions

1. Age
39 (the real 39, not the Jack Benny 39)
2. Marital Status
married
3. Kids?
2 sons 2 cats
4. Employment?
office manager for patent attorney
B.A. Social Welfare, paralegal certificate
5.5 Military background?
Does sleeping with a member of the Air Force count?
I have dug ditches, dispensed condoms, taught water aerobics, built theatre sets and washed pots and pans, among other things.
7. Gender?
Female

Survivor questions

9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the
most?
Mad Dog
Colby
to try to remember to log on and see what I'm up to.
My kids are 7 and 9 and own no video games.
I can go from zero to ##### in 2.5 seconds (1.5 when I'm PMSing).

fun facts

I can't remember off-hand, but I'm sure alcohol was involved.

16. Favorite Food?
chocolate ice cream
George Tirebiter or Dalton

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Zelig
anything by John Irving

I might

21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list)(No
survival items!)
a high speed modem, deck of cards, guitar, cd player, long book to read

Posted by bergdogg on 05-17-01 at 10:31 PM
1. Age
2. Marital Status
none, I'm 18
3. Kids?
No, I'm 18
4. Employment?
I work at a grocery store
High School
5.5 Military background?
HELL NO!!!!!!
I pretty much run the place!!!!!!
7. Gender?
Male
911-00-0000 1234-5678-9012-3456

Survivor questions

9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the most? Colby, cause he won everything
Mike, cause he was no holds

Keith, the arrogant fu(ker
Form an alliance, change it if neeed be, and be as nice as possible. Also, definately try to win immunity at all costs
Getting people to be on your side
Team worker, inteligent, and hard working

fun facts

During gym class, while watching this hot chicks ass, my gym shorts fell off and my stiffy was hangin out of my boxers.
you don't wanna know
16. Favorite Food?
pizza
you, of course
The Shining The Waterboy
The Shining
If you are a chick, then sure.
Solar powered flashlight
razor
Clue
Monopoly
Deck of cards

There it is. Take me, or don't take me, I don't care. I know that I wouldn't win unless I won some key immunities, cause I am a person that is a threat to very decitful players (VERY LIKEABLE).

"berdog..."
Posted by BaquaR13 on 05-19-01 at 03:22 PM
Now is your embarassing moment really true???????? For reals? D-A-M-N

"well, here is your answer"
Posted by bergdogg on 05-21-01 at 00:18 AM
unfortunately, yes

She told me she was flattered that I thought she she was hot, and I will never stop hearing about it, from the day it happenend to the day I die.

btw, you forgot the G in bergdogg!!!!!!!!!!

"I got it right this time.. berdogG(not a vote)"
Posted by BaquaR13 on 05-23-01 at 07:47 PM
So.... you were in PE and u saw her and... just got excited. Is that how it happened? Shakes, if you read this... he wins it for the most embarassing. That one would have hurt man. Did everyone notice?

"Awwwww!!!!"
Posted by ItzLisa on 05-18-01 at 09:45 PM
Just wanna say thanks to Play2Survive and samiam for listing me as their visitor! Didn't want you to think I was blowing you off - I just hadn't checked out this bunch of apps, and I didn't know till I saw it on OT! Youse guys - I'm all verklempt!!!

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

"RE: Awwwww!!!!"
Posted by Play2Survive on 05-19-01 at 03:34 PM
Since we saw i to i so many times during S2, I thought I could use an advisor who would not require much prepping. But, alas, you've been cast....

Hey, if Shakes casts me I hope we can form an alliance

Go Sox! (Am I trying too hard?)

"RE: Awwwww!!!!"
Posted by samiam on 05-21-01 at 01:19 PM
Don't mention it, honey. You're like buttah!

(She says, blowing on her just-applied PPG temp tattoo)

"hey i am on the edge of my seat here..."
Posted by BaquaR13 on 05-19-01 at 03:00 PM
When are you going to announce the "winners"? I am still trying to figure out if this game is real or not. I guess i beleive it. And... just for the record i didnt send an app;ication because i beleive i may be too young. But i didnt see an age limit in your instructions...is there one?

"Shakesvivor has been moved to the Off-Topic Board"
Posted by Kismet on 05-21-01 at 09:41 AM
Just so you all know... Shakes announced the men and women over there and that's where this will play out.

Kismet

Posted by Lancerdude74 on 05-25-01 at 02:02 PM

Background questions

1. Age

2. Marital Status

Single

3. Kids?

No thanks

4. Employment?

Professional Student

Many years of post-secondary school education (Science, English) that are still being added to.

5.5 Military background?

Don't think they'd let me in <wink>

Pretending to be a sportswriter just to see naked baseball players.

7. Gender?

All male

Duh...what's a social security number? (Sorry, I'm from Canada)

Survivor questions

Jeff <sigh>, Alicia, Jerri (she was fun)

Nick <yawn>, Kel, Amber

To keep my hormones under control long enough to find a core group of people that I can trust. Then be fake to everyone else.

Getting in fights with other kids when they would cheat at musical chairs.

Athleticism, brains, ability to lie and scheme....

fun facts

Had to be when mommy caught me "choking the chicken"

Once or twice...

16. Favorite Food?

PIZZA!

Would be nice to see some pictures, but I'd say Vampkira or IceCat

Romy and Michelle
Clueless
Superstar
A League of Their Own

Buddy Babylon

I'd do more than that...

Deck of cards
Toothbrush
Condoms
Bible (for toilet paper)
Statue of Madonna (the singer)