URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1924
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Elvis Week"

Posted by Devious Weasel on 05-04-06 at 03:57 PM
Let's see some song choices!

Chris - Suspicious Minds, Viva Las Vegas

Taylor - Jailhouse Rock, Heartbreak Hotel

Elliott - Kentucky Rain, Can't Help Falling In Love

Katherine - Devil In Disguise, Wear My Ring Around My Neck

I think Elliott is in the biggest trouble this week - nothing jumps out at me as an uptempo song that suits him. This should be a home run night for both Chris and Taylor, but I think there are enough Elvis songs Kat can sing that she could really surprise (someone get her Trisha Yearwood's version of Devil in Disguise on her headphones stat!).

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Elvis Week"
Posted by KoalaChick on 05-04-06 at 04:05 PM
It's hard to say about Elliott, DW. I would have bet the farm that Kellie doing Bohemian Rhapsody or Taylor doing Play That Funky Music would have been absolute train wrecks, and they really weren't half bad. And I thought Katharine would have NAILED Against All Odds, and she "butchered it". So, he may surprise you and sing an Elvis song that blows you away.

Has it been confirmed that they are singing Elvis? I know they went to Graceland to meet up with Tommy Motola, but I haven't heard an official announcement that it's Elvis songs.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 05-04-06 at 04:27 PM
Well, I'm in disagreement with you on both Kellie's Bohemian Rhapsody and Taylor's Play That Funky Music. I thought both were train wrecks.

Here's the wording from the official site:

Make sure to watch when the top 4 take on the music of Elvis Presley

Posted by LisaPles on 05-04-06 at 04:36 PM
Sorry Elvis fans, but Uggh! The usual Elvis songs are just so tired. I'm already so bored with this season, could it get any worse?

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-04-06 at 06:42 PM
Don't get me wrong, DW, I didn't love either performance, but they weren't as hideous as I imagined they would be. Just saying, it's hard to predict how each contestant will do with each genre.

Thanks for the info on the Elvis songs. After I posted that, I did go to the site and saw that you were right.

Posted by geg6 on 05-04-06 at 04:36 PM
It will be criminal if Chris doesn't do Suspicious Minds.

Devil in Disguise would suit Kat quite well.

I agree that it might be a tough week for Elliot.

And I will be projectile vomiting if Taylor does (Let Me Be) Your Teddy Bear.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by Devious Weasel on 05-04-06 at 04:40 PM
That's why I went with two suggestions that would let him show off his "wild'n'crazy guy" shtick without inducing vomiting among non-fans.

Posted by geekboy on 05-04-06 at 07:54 PM
I would truly like to see Taylor sing "Kentucky Rain" and "Suspicious Minds". I don't care about the others - I simply don't see anyone other than Taylor pulling off Elvis songs.

geekboy

Posted by sylvester on 05-05-06 at 02:20 PM
Of course I have to second geekboy. I think this is Taylor's week. I want him to do Suspicious Minds, and I think it's being hinted at that the other song will be Blue Suede Shoes.

I hope Elliott finds two songs that suit him and that he does well. He's just such a sweet kid, I don't want him to go yet.

Posted by zombiebaby on 05-05-06 at 09:36 AM
Someone has to try In the Ghetto!

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs

Posted by tamarama on 05-05-06 at 09:49 AM
ewwwww! I got some cheese on my keyboard!

Posted by dragonflies on 05-05-06 at 01:34 PM
DH is in Heaven. He loves Elvis like I love Queen.

If someone sings "Blue Christmas" I may do something that I may regret.

Sigs by Cyg

Posted by frisky on 05-06-06 at 00:17 AM
I dunno, Dweeze. Elliot might be alright if he sticks with the old, fat Elvis.

I think he could pull off:

Always On My Mind

or

Are you Lonesome Tonight?

or

It's Now or Never

Definitely, this week is a shoo-in for Taylor and Hunk-a Hunk-a Chris.

Rolly made this.

Posted by dkay1211 on 05-06-06 at 09:38 PM
First of all, the "old, fat Elvis" comment really pi$$e$ me off....you don't have to necessarily like a particular artist, BUT being disrespectful is unnecessary and just highlights your ignorance....=)

With that said...I think "If I Can Dream" from the 68 Comeback Special would be great for Elliot!

Posted by frisky on 05-07-06 at 01:33 AM
Being disrespectful of old, fat Elvis is okay here. Being disrespectful to ME, however, is not allowed, and the fact that you have been disrespectful to me, Frisky, highlights your ignorance of the guidelines of this board.

Rolly made this.

Posted by missygirl3 on 05-07-06 at 10:23 AM
Personally, I cant wait to hear Chris or Elliot do some Elvis. I would love to hear Chris do Suspicious Minds as well. I am not so sure about Kat. But she has surprised me in the past.

BTW.. love your sig Frisky.

Posted by dkay1211 on 05-07-06 at 06:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-06 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

Oh I see...selective disrespectfulness =)...You are entitled to your opinion about Elvis in the same way that I am entitled to my opinion about you....that is the beauty of the message boards...entitlement and sharing! =)

"WARNING - dkay1211 "
Posted by Bebo on 05-08-06 at 00:10 AM
No, you do NOT see. Our guidelines clearly prohibit bashing other posters. Since Elvis is not posting here, he is fair game. If you cannot respond to a poster without attacking that poster, then you will not be permitted to post here anymore.

Now, this part of the discussion is over. Folks need to get back on topic.

"Potential Song Spoilers?"
Posted by KoalaChick on 05-08-06 at 07:47 PM
Got this from AccessAtlanta, but have no idea of it's merit. Just tossing it out there...

By Mike S

May 8, 2006 07:45 PM | Link to this

I think it is very very close between Elliot and Kat. In fact, I am being told by a very trusted source that they are being told the voting between all four is actually quite close. So, my take is that whoever struggles this week is in trouble. here is my take on the songs.

KAT - May struggle to be peppy/up on Hound Dog/All Shook Up —- BUT that is her weak spot, if she nails it she is fine. She will shine on I Can’t Help Falling In Love.

CHRIS - Taking a chance with 2 “ballads”. A Little Less Conversation is more upbeat than Suspicious Minds, but Chris will have to nail both songs as neither is a get you out of your chair and dance song. Still, if he nails both songs he may just garauntee a Chris/Taylor final. ADDED BONUS : Two songs that he can rest his voice on, very smart move.

Elliot - Much like Kat - A little out of his element with TROUBLE — BUT he might just jazz it up and pull it off. If I Could Dream will be another Song For You home run.

TAYLOR - Jailhouse Rock : He will dance, he will be manic, he will absolutely rule the stage and the SOUL PATROL will go wild. And Simon will poo poo the performance. In The Ghetto — SOMETHING II. I think Taylor may punch his ticket to the final this week.

"the Spoilers are accurate"
Posted by priestdi on 05-08-06 at 08:29 PM
http://television.aol.com/news/article/_a/american-idol-finalists-visit-graceland/20060508160209990002

Elliott Yamin: "Trouble" and "If I Can Dream"

Chris Daughtry: "A Little Less Conversation" and "Suspicious Minds"

Taylor Hicks: "In the Ghetto" and "Jailhouse Rock"

Katherine McPhee: "Hound Dog/All Shook Up" and "Can't Help Falling in Love"

Wow, this should really help Taylor. How very perfect for him.

"RE: the Spoilers are accurate"
Posted by Comsat on 05-09-06 at 01:10 AM
Elliot must give all he got this week. I think he will be next one to be out. And it will be a showdown between Kat and Taylor on who will be on the final 2. Chris will be the other one.

Posted by tenmeters on 05-09-06 at 07:41 PM
i dont think performance really matters tonight. elliot is gonna go regardless of his performance.

dont think can't help falling in love is a good choice for kat. she can't do ballads really well unless theres some belting involved like i have nothing.

taylor and chris will do well i think. not sure about kat and elliot.

Posted by geg6 on 05-09-06 at 08:32 AM
I think Chris has some great picks there.

He should do those well.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Thrilled he picked one of my picks.

Posted by priestdi on 05-09-06 at 03:25 PM

just saw this on mediafriends.com, how very amusing.

I never go near the official boards, haven't participated there since season 2 on Bolt. (any of you people around back in those days?)

"So AOL leaked the songs underneath pictures of the idols. We are thinking it’s accurate, though the mods on the AI boards are deleting all the comments on AOL’s leaked list, crazy!"