URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 1923
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Bird and the gang"

Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-09-03 at 09:35 PM
Hm...Big Bird, Bert (Burton), who else from the Sesame Street gang is on Survivor this year?

Well, as a HUGE Sesame Street fan, I thought it would be fun to assign all of the castaways Sesame Street characters...so here goes. If you have any additional suggestions, please feel free to add.

DRAKE:

Big Bird, AKA Christa (best friends with Snuffy)
Snuffleupagus, AKA Rupert (best friends with Big Bird)
Bert, AKA Burton (big bushy eyebrows and all)
Ernie, AKA Shawn (Bert's sidekick)
Grungetta, AKA Sandra (Oscar the Grouch's equally grouchy girlfriend)
Oscar the Grouch, AKA Jon (there isn't really any other jerky Sesame Street character, so he must be Oscar) - could also be Sinister Sam (the "I wanna know who bought the last box of crayons" guy from the saloon)
Betty Lou, AKA Trish (invisible these days...was a cute little quiet muppet in the 80s though)
NEED SUGGESTIONS for Michelle! for now I'll say Zoe cause she's cute - not many female muppets to choose from

MORGAN:

Kermit the Frog, AKA Andrew (does he ever stop talking and trying to be "reporter"?)
Herry Monster, AKA Osten (alternate is Mr. Johnson, the guy who orders from waiter Grover and always ends up getting frustrated and leaving)
Forgetful Jones, AKA Ryan O. (forgets the map in Saboga, and other unforgettable mishaps)
Prairie Dawn, AKA Tijuana (sort of the dominant, bossy type, but very smart)
Telly, Ryan S. (emotional, best friend of Rosita)
Rosita, AKA Lill (friendly, helpful, best friend of Telly)
NEED SUGGESTIONS for Darrah...there aren't many female muppets...maybe Liza ("there's a whole in the bucket dear Liza"...)

What do you think?

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Bird and the gang"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 10-10-03 at 00:15 AM
I think Jon is Miss Piggy - very loud and talks too much about himself. (I know he is a skinny guy, but he has that blond wig!).

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

"*snort*"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 10-10-03 at 00:20 AM
toooo funny Chrissy gal, and right on!

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-03 at 09:28 AM
This was actually one of the questions on Bashers for last week's episode. I think BriarRosie had the best idea of all when she picked Sweetums for Rupert.

I included a link to comparison pictures so y'all can judge for yourselves.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID1/2092.shtml#5

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-10-03 at 09:48 AM
Sweetums is a great idea for Rupert (btw, I don't check out bashers, so my bad for swiping someone else's idea ), but he's not Sesame Street...now if we expanded it to ALL Muppets, this sure would be a lot easier of a task for the girls and Sweeteums would be a better match for Rupert.

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted by Bebo on 10-10-03 at 10:24 AM
You didn't steal my idea, it was a case of GMTA. And like you said, you're limiting yours to the Sesame Street world.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-10-03 at 10:41 AM

I'll nominate Prairie Dawn for Michelle.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by timbo on 10-10-03 at 12:33 PM
Anyone remember the monster named "Harry" on Sesame Street? He was supposed to be really strong. That, and the name "Harry" (Hairy) makes me think he should be Rupert.