URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1921
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Finale and After the Final Rose"

Posted by rjrabbit on 03-14-11 at 08:54 PM
Tonight's the finale. Who will Brad pick? And who will be the next Bachelorette? Let's talk about it.

Siggie compliments of RollDdice

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Finale and After the Final Rose"
Posted by glazem1 on 03-14-11 at 09:20 PM
Is it really that much of a mystery? reality steve has been posting for a while. Don't think it's gonna last regardless.

Posted by Estee on 03-14-11 at 10:25 PM
I'll only make two predictions.

1. The locked thread count on this one is going to be low.

2. The producers will regard the above as a failure.

Posted by mrc on 03-15-11 at 08:29 AM
1. I felt bad for Chantal, but hearing that she's already found someone else made me all happy inside. {/sarcasm}

2. I like the fact that Emily is taking it slow. I think that will ultimately kill their relationship b/c Brad sees himself as having done everything right this time, but good for her.

3. I like the genuineness of Brad and Emily, as much reality as one can get from The Bachelor. They may not last, but I don't get the same vibe from them as from other past couples.

4. Ashley H. as the new Bachelorette=another Gillian season but not nearly as interesting. I don't get the alleged groundswell of support for her to be the Bachelorette.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by jbug on 03-15-11 at 09:36 AM
Did they announce Ashley H as the next? I missed that.
If so, I don't think I'll be watching.
I'm tired of the rejects returning.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-15-11 at 09:42 AM
I think they announced it on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-15-11 at 11:31 AM
Sorry, but I don't get the Chantal love at all. She was loud, full of drama, and how many times did she cry....debbie downer, if you ask me. She's recently divorced, I don't think she is mature enough to hop right into another relationship....and now, she's jumped right into another.

Emily: I really thought she'd be the one. I think she has her feet planted firmly on the ground and is showing maturity beyond her years. She's not giving in on what's best for her and her child, and Brad seems like he's finally in love....I hope that they can find some kind of mutual agreement.

Ashley H as the next Bachelorette? I think they have totally lost it with that pick. I found her immature and extremely moody and solemn. Questionable bipolar even....One minute she's giggly and hyper, and the next she's quiet and brooding. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think she's attractive at all....who would want to win her hand? I'd rather see psycho Michelle than Ashley H....bummed.

Posted by jbug on 03-15-11 at 12:14 PM
I've always thought this show was crazy - especially for the positions it puts these people in.
They are expected to all fall in love but only one gets chosen in the end; so the rest must expect to get their hearts broken but shouldn't be hurt by it. yea, right.

I agree about Chantal - her quick jump into another relationship so fast?
But she's still crying over Brad? and has another guy already?

Posted by Ants on 03-15-11 at 12:20 PM
That's what Chantal said about herself all along. She dated a guy in high school and married him. Just got a divorce and then went on the Bach. Just left the Bach and is now in love. Hasn't ever been single.

Posted by mrc on 03-15-11 at 12:36 PM
I think Chantal is H!O!T! but I would never want to date her. She seems to be a bit of a princess and she obviously can't be alone. Still, I do feel bad for her. Brad couldn't even explain why he kept her?!? Pretty lame.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by jbug on 03-15-11 at 01:04 PM
She did tell him to send her home if he didn't feel for her the way she felt for him.
Who knows tho when he really made up his mind.

During that last date with the sharks, she made a comment about a ring better be coming after she did that; it had to be an awkward moment for him; he said something flippant to get past it, but...

Posted by Loree on 03-15-11 at 03:28 PM
Chantal was on Regis & Kelly. She said it took her 39 hours to fly home from S Africa. She got home around the end of November. She met her new man through friends. But she has had to hide the relationship because of the show. So they have not been able to go out in public dating. Her parents knew she was not picked. But she said it was hard because the gossip was that she was F1. She said people were tweeting her congrats on winning. She also said she thought she was going to be the one until the day of the final rose. As she was driving around in the limo she started thinking it was too early in the day for the proposal. She has watched the show before and she felt it was too early for her to arrive there. That is when she started to have doubts.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-15-11 at 08:36 AM
Goodness, where to even start. . .

I haven't watched it all yet, just bits and pieces. I saw the family visits and saw the dumping and proposal, then saw the end of ATFR.

Chantal: I did feel sorry for her. At the beginning of all of this, I thought she was going to be the one, I thought she was the most suited.

Emily: I am glad he picked her because he did really seem to be in love with her, but reality has set in. As much as he thinks he is ready for an instant family, she was right on with all of her concerns and questions. Moving to Austin could be a great fresh start for her, but it would be such a change.

The sad reality of the show is that he was dating so many women at the same time. And I agree with Emily about her insecurities through all of it. How could she not have questions after watching him begging Ashely H. to trust what they had, him having all of that sexual chemisty with Michelle, him talking about being himself so much with Chantal and even taking her as far as he did.

We saw and Brad saw such a graceful, mature Emily during the show. (Well, that's what we saw through the editing.) We saw and Brad saw all of Chantal's reactions to being in that situation. I remember Emily saying something about wanting it to be over a few weeks ago. I don't know how much I would have been able to sit through every Monday night.

There is also a big age difference between the two of them. I've been in that same age difference. I can relate.

Emily only saw Brad through the six-to-eight weeks of blissful Brad and is now getting the full Brad.

Production Gufus:

1. The Train song. Really? Really? Isn't that the same song performed by Train during Brad's date with Jackie? Tacky, tacky, tacky.

2. Emily's story again. Really? Brad wouldn't have told him family any of that?

Posted by qwertypie on 03-15-11 at 09:13 AM
Are you talking chronical age difference where she is 14 years younger than him or emontional age difference where he is 14 years younger than her?

Posted by samboohoo on 03-15-11 at 09:36 AM
LMAO. Both.

Posted by Addi on 03-16-11 at 01:25 PM
LOL ... Good one

Posted by weltek on 03-15-11 at 09:30 AM
1. I was pulling for Chantal, but knew she had no chance. So I was sad for her. I thought her and Brad would've had a great life. They seemed very compatible.

2. Once the family dates were over, it was inevitable. Everyone loves dear, sweet Emily and her poise. And you can't deny falling in love. Early on, everyone saw it, including the other girls.

3. Is it poise, or is she just dull?

4. Brad has a temper...well, I don't blame Emily for being cautious. Particularly when her daughter is involved. And I still think if Brad was REALLY in love, he'd move wherever she is.

5. I asked my husband to promise to NOT let me watch the next Bachelor. I hadn't watched it since Bob, and I'm bothered that I got sucked in this season. It's really a craptastic show.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by samboohoo on 03-15-11 at 09:41 AM
1. Agree, I think. I would have liked to see her with him outside of the show.

2. Agree.

3. I think it's poise. I think that she had to live a very adult life at a very young age. And she was right, she didn't exactly get the "fun" dates some of the other girls got. I think we got glimpses of her fun side more in the outtakes than in the actual show.

4. Yes, and his temper was bottled up for a very long time. I agree with you somewhat about him moving. In this case, I don't know that I agree completely. (1) She should have been prepared for that, and (2) I think the only way any guy has a chance with her is to do it outside of Charlotte.

5. I think the last season I watched (before Jake) was Bob's. Now I took am sucked in again.

Posted by Addi on 03-16-11 at 01:27 PM
Aww... it's good fun tv. It's not meant to be life altering... just fun to watch... make snarky comments ... etc...

Posted by Loree on 03-15-11 at 11:36 AM
It will never last. Brad was in awe of Emily during the show. She is what he thinks he wants to be in love with. But he was always walking on egg shells around her. He even told Chris that he is always nervous around Emily. That is not a healthy relationship. Meanwhile he seemed so comfortable around Chantal and they had alot of fun. Emily even saw that.

Brad's family seemed to love Chantal. It seemed awkward when Emily showed up. They were not getting along that well. Then Emily went into the full sad sad sob story. Does she have to tell the full story everytime? Couldn't she just say that little Ricki's dad was dead. Brad's family was touched by her tragedy. Then the brothers' wives decided that Emily was perfect for them because she was a mommy too. They could relate to her. I would love to have seen this conversation if Brad had brought Michelle to meet them. She was a mommy too.

Emily seems like she has been using her tragic past as her theme of her life. Can Brad really compete with that?

Chantal is the lucky one. Brad seems like a big bore to me. And he would never admit to her why he kept her to the end when he knew she was not the one. She had told him to let her go if she was not The One. She didn't want to stick around because she cared too much. Brad seemed to think it was a big prize for her to get to spend more time with him. Really I think after being so on edge with Emily he kept Chantal around for the fun she brought. He needed that outlet.

Emily has all the control in this relationship. Brad wants to get married immediately because he is scared of losing her. I believe she will end up hinting that he has to move to Charlotte if the relationship is going to last. Then Brad will have to make his choice. The temper issue is also unsettling.

I found it interesting that Roberto is bothered by how Ali cried about Frank leaving. Why did that upset her if he was always her choice.

Posted by mrc on 03-15-11 at 12:34 PM
Love your post, Loree.

A Slice of Manga

"Did Anyone Else Notice?"
Posted by Farmie on 03-15-11 at 12:38 PM
When Brad walked Emily to the vehicle after meeting his family, the camera panned on a bracelet she was wearing. It was a black band with the initials "JRH" in silver. I assumed the intials were for Ricky Hendricks, and he went by his middle name. Does anyone know?

If my assumption is right, IMO, Emily is not ready to move on.

Farmie

"RE: Did Anyone Else Notice?"
Posted by misspiggy on 03-15-11 at 01:57 PM
Could be her daughter goes by her middle name and the braclet represents those initials. Naturally she'd have given her daughter its fathers last name. Just a thought But I could be wrong.

Unrelated to your post:
I think Emily is mature, poised and graceful. I was shocked at her age, as she is far above it in maturity. I personally feel like she was being realistic with brad the whole time, and was right to "warn" him about parenting realitys. I did want to jump through the screen last night when they had the bump in the road on the last date. I wanted to translate for both of them. Brad was saying, I love you, I love your daughter, I want her to be OUR daughter, and I'm up for whatever comes with that.
Emily was saying (without saying it)..I'm scared that when the fantasy, whoo-hoo this is so great feelings wear off, and the realitys of becoming an instant father to a five year old sink in..that your gonna run for the hills, and I will be alone, and heartbroken. AKA I'm scared I'm going to lose you.

I think the reason brad is so nervous around her is because its kinda like the geek dates beauty queen syndrome(not that brad is a geek)..but he has the viewpoint that he is "winning" her ..and so thus he feels he has to woo her, win her, protect her. With her emotinal scars, and battlefield past..he is trying to be caring and kind, and protect her, and not hurt her ..but at the same time..still get to the issues that need to be addressed. that would make anyone nervous. Its a sticky situation. one that takes TIME and PATIENCE..on BOTH thier parts.
I get the feeling brad is a tad impatient..and thus that may be his temper issue they brought up. He wants it..and wants it NOW. Kinda like a little kid wanting to rip open the nice , shiny, present under the tree..because ITS THERE. It was waited for and wanted for , for so long..and now ITS THERE.
Emily is more..It's there. I know its there..but just because its shiny, and pretty, and under the tree..dosent mean I have to open it right now. I want to pick it up, shake it..weigh it...check it out a little while before i just rip right into it.

They'll find thier happy medium. they will BOTH have to give a bit.
I will also say. EMILY does not keep bringing up her past love.
OTHER PEOPLE DO. She just responds to the guestions..with what in my opinion is grace. I'm sure if she was honest she'd like to wear a t-shirt that says "please dont ask me about my childs father..thanks".
If she was out for attention as a previous poster said. She would be bringing it up all the time, and on her own.
I personally think its the LAST thing she wants to talk about.
At the meet the family date, she only did it because she could see how uncomfortble brad was..and knew that it would eventually come up, she figured ..might as well get it out now.

I only have a few nice things to say about chantel. She made brad laugh, and they had fun, and she spoke her mind about things.
But "fun" and "laughter" only lasts so long, and only gets you so far. It wears off eventually. And speaking her mind. Well..I just find it paticularly red flag waving that she tried to get back with her ex right before the season started filming, then supposedly fell in love with brad...and now is with another guy all in this little time span. sorry..I think she is in love with the IDEA of being in love...and wasnt with brad.
I only have one concern about brad and emily. Her dragging her feet. Ha!
Personally I think she is right to take her time, and make sure its RIGHT before she puts EITHER of them (all three of them) through unnessisary hurt.
But I also think she is holding brad at arms length because she is going in her head "if i let go, marry him and give in to "happy"...I will lose it...AGAIN.
What she dosent realise..is the longer she drags it out..she is losing him a little more everyday.
Time heals most wounds...but sometimes it just gets infected.
I think now that the show is not airing..and they have some time to just be THEM..they'll work it out fast.
Emily said herself she is insecure. And brad admitted he is impatient.
I wish them the best! In case your reading this brad or em.
Let YOU be YOU and dont worry what others say, do , think, or how they act. YOU three are the only ones that matter at the end of the day!
And em..thank you for showing the world that there are some moms out there that DO put thier children above themselves...but at the same time DONT lose themselves so much in motherhood that they no longer are themselves.
You wear BOTH "hats" very well.

Posted by jbug on 03-15-11 at 02:23 PM
Welcome misspiggy. You had a lot to say for a first time post! Good input too.

now that the show is not airing..and they have some time to just be THEM.I agree. Emily needs to forget all the things she saw Brad do with the other women and work on the two of them.

Posted by misspiggy on 03-16-11 at 05:02 PM
Thank You for the Welcome. I started to apologize for the length of my post. But I figured instead of 18 random postings..I'd just sum up all I thought in one giant one. LOL

Posted by qwertypie on 03-15-11 at 10:06 PM
And I will second the welcome.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-15-11 at 03:31 PM
Her daughter's name is Josephine Ricki, named fully after Ricky: http://starcasm.net/archives/79449

Posted by jbug on 03-15-11 at 01:07 PM
So, if a Bach or Bachette falls in love & makes his or her choice early in the process, how should they handle it?
Should he/she keep others around that are obviously falling in love already too?
or
should he/she keep some that really don't have much chemistry and are there just having fun?

Posted by Loree on 03-15-11 at 03:41 PM
I think the ones that fall in love early often do send home anyone that seems too deeply involved with them. It is easier to keep the ones around that are really there for the publicity and travel. The ones that will not be so hurt when they are turned down at the end. Some of the past Bach/Bach'ettes have admitted sending their second and third choice home before the end because of this. They didn't want to hurt the ones they did care about. Then there are the Bachelors that don't fall in love with anyone and they just keep around whoever they want.

Posted by annie0326 on 03-15-11 at 07:59 PM
I liked Emily (how could you not?) but it seems like her whole identity revolves around her "tragic story"...personally, I don't think she will ever give up her "claim to fame". In addition, her in-laws (the Hendrick's) are filthy rich and provide her with a very nice life in Charlotte. The whole "hospital event planner" was more of a figurehead role for 3 months only after the Hendrick's donated millions to the hospital. Emily has never really had to work outside a few gigs here and there and really isn't all that bright or interesting...she has excellent manners and always says the right/kind thing. People act like she's had it so tough and she really hasn't...her heart was broken but she's been quite comfortable with nannies, plastic surgery, vacations, etc. Emily likes being the center of attention and I think she just got caught up in all this and is now looking for a way out.
Brad, in my opinion, just wanted to be the "hero" and wanted to feed his huge ego to be the one that "rescued" Emily and became the "new love of her life".
My thoughts on the new bachelelorette Ashley Herbert?? Annoying as hell! I'd rather the other Ashley (Spivey) had been chosen as the new bachelorette.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-15-11 at 08:06 PM
Well the good thing about this series is it brought out some new people to play with. Welcome aboard and check out the other forums!

Posted by Ants on 03-15-11 at 08:27 PM
I really liked Ashley S, too. I think she should've been the new Bach'ette. When's Ashley H gonna finish dental school for goodness sake?

As far as Emily's personality revolving around her tragic story, it's time now to move on from that and this is the way to do it. It's time for a new man and a new life. I hope it works out for them.

Posted by Hoobie on 03-16-11 at 08:44 PM
Or, choice #3...keep those around that the producers instruct you to, for ratings.

Posted by Max Headroom on 03-15-11 at 08:53 PM
Emily was rockin' that short haircut last night. Just sayin'.

I only watched a tiny bit of this season, but last night I managed to watch most of the finale and the entire "After the Final Rose". Based on what little I saw this season, Emily seemed like a better choice for Brad than Chantal, but I don't see a long-term success here as I think Brad's too much of a tool for the relationship to last.

Posted by annie0326 on 03-15-11 at 09:20 PM
Ha! A tool! For sure! I got so sick of hearing about his personal growth OMG.

"Other Observations"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-16-11 at 08:57 AM
1. Emily touches her hair a lot. A lot.

2. Chantal looked really good in the black dress. I like her hair better when it's down, but it looked good for the final dumping. I hated her hair when she wore the Cheetah dress.

3. Trista still talks like a baby, and she and Ryan have really aged.

4. Ryan, Molly and Roberto would all be good ones to give advice to Emily about handling the other relationships. Molly could also give Brad advice about going into an instant family.

5. Frank was to Ali was Ashley H. was to Brad.

6. Brad's brothers don't really look like Brad.

7. I want to know what Emily's gift to Brad was. Chantal gave him a map. When he left Emily's hotel room, he was carrying a bag. What was in the bag?

8. Brad gave a great answer to Emily's question about what being a father means. Given all that he went through with his own dad, I think that played a factor in why he was so upset.

9. There were moments on ATFR where I was looking at Brad and seeing Jake. He had some Jake moments there.

10. I have to wonder how much of this Brad is a real changed Brad and how much of it is him still trying to get out of the shadows of Hated Brad.

"RE: Other Observations"
Posted by misspiggy on 03-16-11 at 05:29 PM
1. Thank God I'm not the only one that noticed that. I think its a nervous habit..something akin to biting nails.

2. The black dress was very pretty. I was mostly impressed that her cleavage wasnt falling out of it (for once)..ha

3. I always thought they were both very unattractive..and her voice grates my nerves..but I think she is trying to sound "sweet".

4. Having been there and done that. I think all the couples can give some good advice..but your right those paticular couples seem to have a one up in those departments.

5. lol

6. I think brad and his twin (i think faternal twin)...look like dad...and the other like mom. I have a uncle that looks like neither one of his parents..but if you look back two generations ago..he looks like one of the uncles. Weird. Grandpa always jokes Grandma went back into time and had a affair. Sorry..went down a rabbit tail there.

7. I know right! I think likely it was something personal that was from her and riki tic (...i kept adding tavi to the end of it)

8. Yup..and I imagine him misreading her "parental warnings" made him feel like she was taking his "gesture of love and commitment towards her and riki"..and wiped her behind with it.

9.Personally..I think he's got a few similaritys there.

10. I think its the combination of the both. My bet is he can be a pill. and he also can be sweet. He's misunderstood often..so he trys to overcompensate by speaking growth, change, ect. Instead of just showing it. Actions...brad. Actions. LOL
but you know. It does take some "goobers" to get back on tv and do it again . I'd have hid somewhere.

"Always take the under."
Posted by Estee on 03-16-11 at 09:15 AM
Chris Harrison is already denying reports of the couple having broken up before the finale aired. Of course, you have to consider the denial source here. (Personally, I don't believe him when he says his name is Chris Harrison.)

"RE: Always take the under."
Posted by Loree on 03-16-11 at 12:43 PM
Chris really is the company guy. He says what he wants us to think. I'm not sure he is that well acquainted with the truth. I remember when Shayne Lamas and the Brit had broken up before ATFR. But they went on the show and pretended to be this happy couple. Chris denied all the reports they had broken up. But the couple themselves admitted afterwards that they were playing a role for the show and had indeed broken up. Chris of course never admitted it.

Posted by Hoobie on 03-16-11 at 08:52 PM
We got one last "Come here to me", right after the proposal. He paraphrased, but it still got a chuckle out of me.

I too, got sucked in to this show, and have only watched about 3 or 4 seasons previously. I promised myself I will NOT watch Ashley's Bachelorette. Wish me luck on that!

I am VERY concerned on what was meant by "Brad has a really bad temper". He seems so docile (read: dumb & dull), so I can imagine that when this temper comes out, it could be very scary. What could she have done to provoke this? Or is it on a whim? He apparently doesn't have a problem with airing this on national television, so I don't think he's an abuser...but I'd really like to know more details there.

Posted by annie0326 on 03-16-11 at 10:35 PM
Some final thoughts:
I thought Emily looked so much prettier during the show than she did on ATFR (I loiked her hair the other way).
While Emily is in Austin her daughter is with the nanny in Charlotte...seh must be so confused!

Posted by misspiggy on 03-17-11 at 03:53 AM
I think it looked better style wise on the show as well, but ...the new color is better. the makeup is better too. she looks less like malibu barbie..and more like..young hip mom.

As to riki being with a nanny.
You know..nanny's are often like members of the family. Like a aunt type relationship. Its not a good choice to pull riki out of school and jostle her from state to state in the begining of this. I think emily is handling this in a completely appropriate way. They said on the show that they havent seen each other for a month up till that point.
I think going away for the weekend once every other month while your child is with a trusted family like nanny, the one the child is accustomed too..and is in school the majority of the day anyway. Likely is with grandma more than the nanny..is not harmful.
Now..if emily starts being away more than she's home. Yes..then we have a problem.
But she has to get to know brad, and spend some adult time alone with him, and SLOWLY blend him into thier lives a bit at a time. I am sure on holidays, and the summer when school is out..there will be lots of all three of them bonding time.
Not meaning to bash your opinion. I just think that some people really get the wrong idea about "nannys" due to celebritys and tabloids. Some nannys truly are members of the family and the child is delighted to spend time with them. Thats all I am trying to say.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-17-11 at 02:00 PM
Agree about Emily's look. I went back and looked at her visit withthe family and thought she had on way too much makeup.

It's highly possible that Ricki is on spring break right now? Perhaps she is there with Emily.