URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1919
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Deadliest Catch Season 4"

Posted by DiscoveryChannel on 04-29-08 at 01:33 PM
Just wanted to let you know about the new season of the hit show Deadliest Catch on The Discovery Channel! New episodes premiere every Tuesday night at 9PM. If you haven't seen it before, Deadliest Catch follows the now legendary captains and their crews as they endure the brutal Bering Sea doing one of the deadliest jobs in the world - Alaskan Crab Fishing. The Deadliest Catch official site just launched something new too - you can send your favorite captain a message, and if you ask a question, they may respond with an audio message
dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/audio-messages/audio-messages.html

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Deadliest Catch Season 4"
Posted by batts on 05-03-08 at 02:46 AM
Lvoe this show. It's listed as 'Action Adventure' but it's as reality as it gets IMHO.

Really missin Greg and Rognild this season.

Ewwww, did you see the greenhorn squeeze the puss out of his squashed finger in the last episode?

OMGosh... those guys chain smoke those cigartettes.

It was sad to see the Hillstrand kid walk away from the family business. He walked into the bridge right when they were talking about him.

Posted by Buggy on 05-03-08 at 12:16 PM
Hey Batts!
Another thing we agree on.

I miss Rognild too.

I'm a big Northwestern fan, but I like them all.

Posted by Buggy on 05-03-08 at 12:14 PM
I've been watching, or recording it to watch later.
LOVE this show, and so glad for a new season.
I don't know why I am so hooked on crab fishing.
This show has always been great.

Posted by batts on 05-03-08 at 05:32 PM
I don't know why I am so hooked on crab fishing.

I'm hooked on crab fishing too. But I'm the kind of person that wanted to go and buy a shrimp boat after watching Forrest Gump. LOL

I'd prolly never make it to day 3 on a crab boat, but I'd lvoe to be there, cheer them on, and yell
"We're on the CRAB!"

Those guys would prolly hang me on on a line, over the water after 2 days...

Posted by Buggy on 05-03-08 at 07:43 PM
I wouldn't last a day, not an hour, on a crab boat.

I do love to guess how many crab are in the pot as they haul it up.

That's mah boat, Cappin Dan!

LOL!

Posted by HobbsofMI on 05-15-08 at 12:01 PM
I would not make it a day on any fishing boat....except a bass boat on Lake St. Clair.

I too miss some of the old skippers and boats.

GO WINGS!
sig by Pepe, bouncy by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Posted by TxMom2011 on 06-07-08 at 11:28 AM
I LVOE THIS SHOW and am glad to see it has a thread.

I like the Hilstrands the best. Johnathan reminds me of every hard working-hard playin guy I've ever met. You can take him off that boat and put him right on an oil platform in the Gulf.

One thing though, it seems that the Hansens live a more normal life than the Hilstrands. Though Andy I think is married the rest of those guys dont seem settled at all. While on the other hand, Sig and his brother (carp! cant remember his name) are married with kids - quite settled it seems.

Who knew I would get so caught up in a show about fishin' -- go figue :/

Posted by batts on 07-01-08 at 04:33 AM
Sigs brother's name is Edgar.

The Hillstrands recently talked on an After the Catch episode of 'other brothers', that used to be in the crab business, and it seems that conflict tore the family apart. I think it was on the After the Catch, Brothers episode.

I think I like the Hillstrands the best too. There just seems to be less conflict with the crew, with Andy and Jonathon on the boat. It seems all the other boats this season have slavedriving Capt Ahabs at the wheel. Captain Keith comes across as a bully sometimes, as well as Sig and Edgar. Phil is just strung out on cigarettes, and Red Bull....

Posted by TxMom2011 on 07-01-08 at 10:11 AM
I saw the Brothers episode of After the Catch... just cant get enough of these guys. I don't see Sig and Edgar as slave drivers though... I think they seem pretty fun. And the silent Norman... that was a cute montage of him. Still... the Hillstrands are my favorites. Gotta love the good ole boys!

Posted by Agman2 on 03-07-16 at 04:52 PM
I heard they haven't caught anything in a few years