URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1917
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bachelor Brad: F3 Episode"

Posted by mrc on 02-28-11 at 06:12 PM
I'm still upset over Shawntel's departure, but I'll persevere. Post your thoughts on tonight's episode here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bachelor Brad: F3 Episode"
Posted by j wilson on 02-28-11 at 09:34 PM
>I'm still upset over Shawntel's departure,
>but I'll persevere. Post your
>thoughts on tonight's episode here.
>

Posted by larspar on 03-01-11 at 00:02 AM
I too was pissed. She was very real. Ashley is such a dumb bi-atch, I'm glad she was eliminated tonight. Hallelujah. . . though it was kinda sad to see her go.

Posted by rjrabbit on 03-01-11 at 01:04 AM
Brad in New York. He's headed for South Africa. He's excited, nervous, and scared. He doesn't want to be that guy again and shut down like he did last time.

He has a strong connection with each of the women. They show a montage of moments with Chantal. The rollercoaster ride of emotions. The they show a montage of moments with Ashley. He says she is beautiful and talented. And then Emily. They show a montage of moments with Emily. He feels she is a truly sweet woman but her past intimidates him. He hopes that coming to South Africa with these 3 women will give him the clarity he's looking for.

He's terrified of being alone. He believes that one of these women will be his wife.

He's in Sabi Sands, South Africa. He's on his way to pick up Chantal. They're going on a safari. They see a group of lions napping under a tree. The animal Brad most wanted to see was a lion. Next they see a giraffe then elephants and zebras. Rhinos, wildebeast. They carry a picnic lunch down to the river where they eat with a hippo in the back ground. He's extremely happy and misses her family. She loves him and wants to be better for him. They kiss.

They're heading to dinner. Chantal wants to prove to him that she's totally in love with him. She wants to meet his family. He gets intense when talking about family. He says he is the most comfortable with her. She wants to marry him right there. He's cracking his knuckles while she's saying this. He says he likes her boldness. but why is he cracking his knuckles. Then Chantal gets the note from Chris Harrison to stay in the fantasy suite. She wants to go right away, she's done with dinner. He takes her hand and shows where they are staying the night. A tree house in the middle of nowhere.

Next date goes to Emily. He's been anxious to see Emily all week and can't wait to spend the day with her. He says he forgot something aand comes back with an elephant. She says that this is like her dream. She's always wanted to go to Africa and ride on an elephant. They come to a watering hole where the elephants are playing in the water. Brad likes the baby elephants and they talk about Ricki and how she would love being there. He asks Emily if she's ready for a serious relationship and she say she is. She asks him if he's ready for a five-year-old. He says that he loves that she is a package deal. He loves being with Em.

Dinner time and the sun is setting. Emily looks amazing. She feels like she is falling in love with Brad. He wonders why he is so nervous. Em assures him that he can ask her anything he wants to know. She's been good at seperating it when he's with other girls but she's ready for this to be over. She wants it to be him, her and Ricki. He gives her the note from Chris. She wants to set a good example for her daughter. She wants more than anything to spend time alone with Brad. She accepts the offer. She's only said "I love you" to one person in her life. Falling in love scares her to death. She wants to tell Brad that she loves him. She tells him that she loves him. He is falling in love with her too. She just made him the happiest man on earth.

And last but not least, Ashley gets her turn. That's the end of the first hour. See post below for the next hour's play by play.

New siggie by agman!

Posted by rjrabbit on 03-01-11 at 02:18 AM
He says that he and Ashley have come so far. The are going on a helecopter ride. Ashley freaks out. It's her biggest fear. He assures her and she gets on board. He's so happy that she overcame her biggest fear. South Africa is beartifuo from the air. They are both having a great time. They look at each other and they're on top of the world. They are having a picnic in an area the locals call "heavens's window". He toasts to her family. She says that her family loved him. He says he felt so comfortable. He asks her where she wants to live. She talks about living somewhere warm but also says she could live in southern Maine. He asks her about her career and she tells him that she's an achiever. He wants to help her find a balance. He's afraid they can't mesh their lives together and he will talk to her about it at dinner.

During the break they reveal some of the contestants on the next season of Dancing with the Stars. Dancing With The Stars Cast

They have a candle lit dinner. She feels their relationship is fun and playful but she knows they need to have a serious talk. She's very career oriented. She wants him to know that she's very interested in finding a balance. They've never talked about meshing their lives. He points out that he asked her where she wants to live and she never once mentioned Austin.He wants to know why they spend so much time trying to reassure themselves. She's not making a case for herself. He's frustrated he can't communicate what he wants. Awkward silence. She didn't know he had so many questions. He gives her the fantasy suite invitation. She accepts. They get to the suite and kiss, then more awkward silence. He's afraid he screw things up but he feels they are taking steps back.

He gets ready for the rose ceremony. He meets Chris Harrison. They sit down to talk. He says it's been crazy this week and this rose ceremony is difficult. He doesn't want to say goodbye to any of the women. He knows that he is falling in love and he is so excited. He says that Chantal and he have always had chemistry. He feels like he's know Emily for a decade. He was intense with Ashley and he felt like the wheels were falling off. Chris gives him a few minutes to get his thoughts together. He wants to talk with Ashley.

Chris welcomes the women. Brad comes in and asks to speak with Ashley. They go up some stairs and have a seat. He doesn't know where to start. He says that they both know that their date didn't go well. He's shocked that their relationship has gone in a completely different direction. She asks him why. He asks her to help him out. He doesn't know why they have such bad communication. He doesn't know if he fits in her life. She says maybe they made mistakes along the way and it's too late. She says she's trying to protect herself. He thinks she is so exceptional. He tells her goodbye. He doesn't want to put her through a rose ceremony. She's surprised and he walks her out. She's heartbroken. They hug and she leaves. She cries in the jeep. She feels they had a good thing but it got lost in translation. He heart is aching and she wants to find the good in this but can't.

He says that it was devastating telling Ashley goodbye but it gets him one step closer to the end. The women notice that Ashley is not coming back with him. He appologizes for leaving them waiting. He says that it is a two-way street so he asks each of the remaining women if they will accept the rose.

Next week - The Women Tell All
In two weeks - The finale

New siggie by cahaya!

Posted by Ants on 03-01-11 at 06:30 AM
How refreshing. Instead of making Ashley stand through the rose ceremony, he explained why they just didn't match. I don't know if ABC liked him doing that, but I agreed with it. She just didn't get to say goodbye to the other women. I suppose that's ok because they probably all keep in touch outside the show.

Posted by mrc on 03-01-11 at 09:18 AM
Glad to see Ashley go. They didn't have much chemistry.

Chantal got screwed (pun intended) with the tree house. Everyone else got a "real" fantasy suite, and she gets open air, a guard with a gun, and bugs.

DW pointed out that Brad has a hard time looking Emily in the eyes. That could mean a couple of things: he's intimidated, or he's really in love, or maybe both. Who knows?

A Slice of Manga

Posted by samboohoo on 03-01-11 at 11:07 AM
I haven't really watched yet. I turned in this morning to see the elimination, even though I suspected what was coming. The previews showed him looking toward Ashley when he said he wanted to talk.

I also did stumble onto Chantal's treehouse since I had to FF to get to the elimination. I kind of agree with you, but I kind of feel more sorry for the guard who seemingly had to listen to anything that might have happened. I don't know. The treehouse is one of those once in a lifetime things.

I agree with your wife about Emily. I think it's probably a little of both. I do think he's intimidated, but I also think he really, really cares for her. As much I really like her, I just don't see them together.

I too am glad Ashley is gone. I didn't really get their connection beyond the first date. Also, I had to LMAO at him wanting to hug her there at the end.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by mrc on 03-01-11 at 01:03 PM
Re hugs: I hope Brad isn't that awkward in real life.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by jbug on 03-01-11 at 01:19 PM
Did you notice again how many times he said 'badly'?
I was gonna try to count but I FF thru too much

and then? he decides to use the word 'greatly'. and not in the proper grammatical way.

( It's the old school teacher coming out in me; I can't help it)

Posted by jbug on 03-01-11 at 01:17 PM
Expected to see Ashley go after their date & the lack of communication or whatever.
She didn't seem ready to commit to moving to TX.
I have no idea what kind of work Brad does; is it possible he could move to where the woman is that he chooses?
Why does it always seem the woman have to pull up roots & move?

But...
has he talked with Emily about "meshing" their lives?
I don't remember any discussion about her & Ricky possibly moving to TX.

Posted by mrc on 03-01-11 at 01:21 PM
DW mentioned that last night. I would say the editing hid the discussion, but the Bachelor producers aren't that savvy.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by rjrabbit on 03-01-11 at 01:35 PM
Brad is a bar owner in Austin so it might be harder for him to uproot.

New siggie by cahaya!

Posted by mrc on 03-01-11 at 01:41 PM
He could sell his bar and move, but he's been clear about not wanting to do that.

That might suggest a double standard (the woman has to move to his city), but she (whoever "she" is) understands that moving to Austin is part of the package.

A PATCH of banana skin

Posted by samboohoo on 03-01-11 at 02:19 PM
Agree, which is why I didn't see him and Ashley meshing.

I've said before that I think Chantal would be the likeliest to move. I don't see that happening with Emily; however, I do wonder and think that the only way for her to truly move on would be to leave Charlotte. I just don't know if she could.

I see her really putting her daughter first. This could be a time when she could do it because of her daughter's age, but I just don't know. She's been unable to move on. I think for any man, Charlotte and that life, that's too much to compete with.

I also wonder about Brad being able to go full throttle into a life with a five year-old. He may not want to move and give up that life, but being a family man is going to require him to give up that life on some front.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-01-11 at 09:46 PM
And totally not-impressed at the tag with him refusing to eat the deep fried worm.
Perfectly all right for him to determine when and where the women have to face their fears (can we say domineering, patronizing, must always call the shots control freak), but heaven forbid he has to go outside of his comfort zone.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-02-11 at 10:10 AM
LOL. I always look forward to it, and I thought this week was pretty funny. I also liked the one last week with Granny's Mac & Cheese.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-02-11 at 10:54 AM
I have to admit, I haven't watched that one yet. It's waiting on my PVR.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-02-11 at 11:33 AM
It was cute. She called him "Dude."

Posted by misspiggy on 03-18-11 at 03:43 PM
My only thoughts is why did they make such a giant deal over her being a funeral director. I mean...really. Brad owns a bar, christ hosts a bachelor show...some lady at the grociery store you shop at, mops up vomit when a kid pukes on isle three. WHO CARES what a person does for a living. If they are happy at it...WHO CARES.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-19-11 at 02:48 AM
Brad seems to have a very narrow range of tolerance.