URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1912
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Brad & Laurel US Weekly "scandal"."

Posted by Estee on 02-14-11 at 07:12 PM
I'd remove the quotes if I cared enough. (I don't.) It's just not a season without an accusation taking the front cover of the world's most useless supermarket spill-wiper, is it?

The short version: boy meets girl. Boy dates girl on and off for eight years, with one 'off' period used for a reality show. Boy gets off show and goes back to girl. Boy claims to be serious this time. Girl considers believing him. Boy gets second shot at reality show. Boy dumps girl. Girl throws up her hands, says 'The hell with this', and gets some money with which to go on vacation and forget she ever met boy. And host smirks because it'll drive ratings up and that's all host cares about.

(I hate host.)

Ultimately, all this means is that ABC has their precious soap opera headline to lure in the haters with. As far as the show's aim at romance goes, it means what it always does: absolutely nothing. Who wants a good match when the headlines from a bad one could go on for months? Besides, they had to do something. The black eye was only good for a week. Remember the theme of this (and every) season: The Bachelor: If Your Intelligence Hasn't Been Insulted Yet, Wait Five Minutes.

Possibly three.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Brad & Laurel US Weekly "scandal"."
Posted by qwertypie on 02-14-11 at 08:26 PM
I'll get the drinks ready.

Posted by mrc on 02-14-11 at 09:34 PM
Cynic.

Posted by Estee on 02-14-11 at 10:22 PM
I like to call it 'experience'.