URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 191
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Boxing Writers Awards"

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-07-05 at 02:17 AM
Hi all,

Greetings from Vegas, from the Mandalay Bay specifically, after a tremendous evening: the Boxing Writers Association of America annual awards banquet. First time in the 80-year history of the BWAA that the event has been held outside of New York, and what a night. An unbelievable array of current and former champions all in one place: Chris Byrd, James Toney, John Ruiz, Hasim Rahman, Vitali Klitschko, Bernard Hopkins, Oscar De La Hoya, Winky Wright, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Wayne McCullough, Kevin Kelley, Jeff Lacy, Glen Johnson, Erik Morales, Lamon Brewster, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Julio Cesar Chavez, Richie Sandoval, Floyd Mayweather Jr. -- oh yeah, and some guy from "The Contender" called Sugar Ray Leonard. At one point they all posed together in a ring for what must be the best boxing group shot ever. Didn't have the time to dig out any dirt on possible future seasons or anything; if I get a chance to find out anything, obviously I'll pass it on.

(And those of you with Showtime: don't miss Saturday night's Corrales-Castillo fight. Should be terrific).

VFW

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"The Most Important Question..."
Posted by ARnutz on 05-07-05 at 02:11 PM
Did you win any awards?

Inquiring minds want to know!

"RE: The Most Important Question..."
Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-07-05 at 02:57 PM
Why, of course. Best desperate attention-seeker on a reality TV message board. What else?

Posted by ARnutz on 05-07-05 at 03:04 PM
*gasp*

There's an award for that??! Oh... CONGRATS!!!

Posted by madkata on 05-11-05 at 04:05 AM
You get MY vote! I've been a fan of your posts since you got here, and have even read some of your articles off this board... nice to have a pro like you around here

"RE: Boxing Writers Awards"
Posted by thecontender2 on 05-12-05 at 01:25 AM
I have always enjoyed your posts comments and support for Ishe Smith.
Are you the same guy on this website?
http://kieranmulvaney.com/
Just curious. I cant tell cus of the hat.

Comming soon....

Posted by madkata on 05-12-05 at 02:50 AM
I'm sure it's one in the same, as on the front page it says he's writing a book on boxing in Las Vegas.

Just curious -- how'd you get from the green environment to bloody boxing?

(I've got the same parental combo too: Dad/sailor and Mom/nurse. Sure you're not Filipino? LOL)

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-12-05 at 10:00 AM
Yeah, it's one and the same person. (But no, no Filipino blood, LOL).

I go from one to the other because I like the variety. Right now, I'm doing media and logistical support for these two explorers who just set off on a quest to become the first people ever to attempt a summer crossing of the Arctic Ocean. www.projectthinice.org.

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-12-05 at 09:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

Hi all, 
-- oh yeah, and some guy from "The Contender"
called Sugar Ray Leonard.
At one point they all posed together
in a ring for what must be the best
boxing group shot ever. Didn't have the time to
dig out any dirt on possible future seasons
or anything; if I get a chance to find out
anything, obviously I'll pass it on.

VFW

Darn

If you don't know, I don't know who does. I was hoping Ishe would tell you he got a call from MB or Frank and told him to get ready for a second season after the final.

Comming soon....

Well I am sure you had fun from the sound of things. Thank you for sharing this momment with us here

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-12-05 at 09:57 AM
Nah, he doesn't know anything. Unless he DOES know, and he's keeping it quiet like he did before this season. That Europe-US thing is bubbling out there as a rumor, but that's all. To be honest, I don't think that he, or for that matter, manyof the other guys, would like to do a second season. He wants to get on with his career, and I think he feels a little stiffed over the way the show and the website has presented him. Unfortunately, the contracts they signed mean that Burnett basically owns them for a while.