URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1909
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Do you think Emily's race car date was inappropriate?"

Posted by Bojackson999 on 01-27-11 at 08:36 PM
I read on TV guide that Chris Harrison stated that Emily's date with the Bachelor at the speedway was intentional. He said it was done with the mindset that it would help Brad and Emily work through Emily's past. As we all know, the past he is referring to is Emily finacee death in 2004. Her finacee was a NASCAR driver. I think that this was a VERY inappropriate date! The poor girl could easily be suffering from Post Traumatic Stress. This might make "good TV" to watch her melt down but should another person have to suffer to increase ratings. What do you think, was Emily's race car date inappropriate? http://whosright.com/poll/the-bachelor--do-you-think-the-emilys-race-car-date-was-inappropriate

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Do you think Emily's race car date was inappropriate?"
Posted by Round Robin on 01-28-11 at 03:58 AM
IMNVHO the producers should be publicly hanged for even thinking of this idea. How could they be such a pack of insensitive heartless ba$tards? Unbelievable!

"Just read this..."
Posted by Round Robin on 01-28-11 at 04:35 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-11 AT 04:40 AM (EST)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelor-host-chris-harrison-clarifies-emily-maynard-nascar-date----11938.php

Chris, you effing liar, don't pi$$ on my leg and call it a rainstorm. You heartless sons of b1tches deliberately planned that whole d@mn thing out in advance to get ratings and you know it. You're trying to put lipstick on the pig after you've already been busted, and it ain't gonna work. We all know it sucks, and any decent human being wouldn't dignify this by watching it. I sure as hell won't, I know that much. You guys are evil, just flat out evil.

"RE: Just read this..."
Posted by vince3 on 01-28-11 at 11:42 AM
They are as equally evil as heading to Talledega (I believe that's the racetrack) in TARFE when the Weaver Christians' father was formerly a NASCAR worker and I believe was killed at a track...

"RE: Just read this..."
Posted by Estee on 01-28-11 at 01:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-11 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

The one excuse we can give the TAR crew is having the course laid out long before the teams are ever chosen -- but in this case, you could make a strong argument for their choosing a team to fit the course.

But the Bachelor staff is more evil by about eight hundred percent. And I may be leaving out a 'million' somewhere. Every date this season was designed to play off insecurities, phobias and traumas -- by the host's own admission -- and he doesn't care. No one associated with the show cares. Phil's never been party to this sort of incident again, but if Harrison ever had someone whose hand had been eaten by a crocodile, he'd walk around behind her saying 'Tick, tick, tick...'

Posted by rjrabbit on 01-28-11 at 11:18 PM
I was equally appalled when I saw the previews for next weeks episode. I say was because I read the article on this site where Emily said that the experience helped get her some closure. She asked that people reserve judgement until they've seen the episode so I'm going to wait til I see it to determine if I think it really did help her find some closure and was a good thing for her and Brad.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-29-11 at 06:23 AM
I'm not about to reserve judgement. It flat out sucks. If this was planned before the women were chosen, Emily should never have been chosen, and if it was planned after the women were chosen, it should have been changed as soon as they knew there was even a chance Emily would be going there, and if Brad knew about this in advance he should have done the decent thing and dropped Emily before this episode. This had the potential to be a complete emotional disaster for Emily. Fortunately it has apparently turned out not to be, but this is not the kind of chance they should have even considered taking, as if it had backfired Emily could have been messed up for life.

Posted by misspiggy on 03-18-11 at 03:32 PM
Chiming in here, really late, and after the fact. But had a few thoughts on the matter.
While originally I thought to myself "are you serious " when the previews aired. I started thinking...of all the people with phobias, and issues to sum it all up that stay locked in thier homes. They never experience life...because life for them has become uncomfortable.
Everyone around them babies them, makes excuses for them, and in a sense "handicapps " them. Now I know there are some conditions that are outright life threatening and you have to make allowances for them. You have to walk softly with said person.
But with emily...she cant avoid the nascar thing for the rest of her life.
she cant avoid the subject of the ex fiance and how he died, if her current date doesnt know about it, and is just now getting to know her ..and for television pourpases..the people need to get to know her.
I mean its kinda like someone whose mom died in a bus accident. She is never gonna go near a bus terminal, see a bus, read about a bus, watch a bus on tv again. And should someone need her to take a bus for an extremely important reason, and she's given that choice..does she avoid it and never "live" again..just because her mom died on a bus. Get real..people die , if you hole yourself up in the house and never face the "thing" that took em..you'll die right along with them.
Emily seemed to me to be ready to deal with it.
I personally think she was ready to face some demons, and get it out of the closet, and done with. She was amazingly put together I think. As had it been me...they'd not have had a shot worth filming as I'd probably have been in the fetal position and sobbing the entire time. Emily said from the BEGINING she was ready to let her past fiance go...that she was ready to move on with another love , should it occur.
Having said that..she was ready to breathe again.
And I was proud of her. And I also think that she is ready for people to stop focusing on her past love, and start accepting her new love as "the" love of her life now.
I think when she talked about her ex..and said..the love of my life. She was just saying that so that no one would mistake how much she DID love him.
She's over it for the most part. She's ready to "live" now.
k..i think I made my point. HA!