URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1907
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New EP9 Information"

Posted by Krautboy on 12-05-01 at 04:16 PM
Here's some new information about next week...EP9.

For your review, here is the link to the previous discussion about this episode based on limited early information...
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1890&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

From Survivor Fever:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"ALL IS NOT WELL IN MOTO MAJI WHEN ONE TRIBE MEMBER IS COMPLETELY DEVASTATED BY THE ACTIONS OF ANOTHER, ON "SURVIVOR: AFRICA," THURSDAY, DEC. 13

"Dinner, Movie and a Betrayal" -- One tribe member has difficulty grappling with the deceptive actions of another, on SURVIVOR: AFRICA, Thursday, Dec. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Meanwhile a reward challenge results in an unlikely date.

RATING: To Be Announced."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Krautboy

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New EP9 Information"
Posted by NightScribe on 12-05-01 at 05:02 PM
>"ALL IS NOT WELL IN MOTO
>MAJI WHEN ONE TRIBE MEMBER
>IS COMPLETELY DEVASTATED BY THE
>ACTIONS OF ANOTHER, ON "SURVIVOR:
>AFRICA," THURSDAY, DEC. 13

Completely devastated? Someone must have felt very close to another person in order to be "devastated". This HAS GOT to be personal. And note the word "actions" -- so this won't be anything overheard, and it doesn't seem like someone who has cast a vote against another. It's something they did to another. hmmmmm. This is very strong language. Hyperbole? maybe.

>Meanwhile a reward challenge results in
>an unlikely date.
>
who would be an unlikely couple to go on a date? It will most certainly be a female/male, wouldn't it? Unless "unlikely" refers to, say, Brandon and Tom?

Wow, Kraut, good find. You should get lots of speculation on this one.
>

Posted by Amily on 12-05-01 at 10:52 PM
I keep thinking ... actions .., plural - not just one thing but action*s*. Should we be looking at more than one instance? And who would be so devastated by the actions of another on this game show? What could they have possibly done?

As far as an unlikely date, well, there are numerous "couples" to consider. But if the post are rignt, it looks like Brandon goes - with a female? "Unlikely date" could be 2 men or 2 women, right? If Brandon wins the RC, who would be an unlikely date for Brandon (besides a woman). Could it be a man? It has been shown that he has (sort of) bonded with Tom, but Lex is shown to have been "smoking out the snake" so probably not him, too much air time on that - could it be Ethan with him in the truck??? (Never saw the clip of the blond in the bikini top in the truck so I could be waaayyyy of base)

Posted by Rose Red on 12-05-01 at 11:19 PM
This is a very good point, Bungler. "Devastated" is a VERY huge word. And yes, "actions" is plural, Amily. Now I'm thinking this could refer to Lex's purported Witch Hunt, which would be something he did that was PLURAL. Zap2it said that "Lex's OBSESSION about who voted for him leads him to interrogate EVERY TRIBE MEMBER." Now who is sensitive enough to fit this description?

NOT BRANDON. He's VERY thick-skinned, as an effeminate, skinny, Army brat would HAVE to be to survive in the South, where he grew that charming Southern accent.
One of the women, perhaps? Teresa might be
"Devastated" by something Frank did, since they are only allied with each other? But then, the common knowledge vis a vis tomorrow night's show is that either Frank or Teresa are headed to Jury Town.

"Devastated" sounds like a female reaction. I don't see any of the L/E/F/T being devastated by ANYTHING.

Maybe it suddenly dawns on Kelly how short her time as a Free Range Celebrity in Africa might be if she continues aligning her self with the Big Boys.

Posted by Bungler on 12-05-01 at 11:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 00:00 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-05-01 AT 11:59 PM (EST)

Rose --

Did a post of mine disappear here, or did you read my comments somewhere else? Either way, we're in agreement that "completely devastated" is a strong statement, EPMB Hype Machine or not.

The scenario I'm seeing is Teresa having to play dirty in Ep 8, which is not her style. She's a sweetie, who honors her word. In Ep 2, she immediately fessed up to an Old Farts Alliance when Lindsey pressed her on it. She couldn't lie. In Ep 4, she visibly winced in pain when she asked the Mall Rats what was in it for the Old Farts in voting for Lindsey over Silas, and they replied, "Nothing." She also freely volunteered information that led to Silas's boot, and very possibly played a part in throwing the competition in order to secure that boot, thus putting the Old Borans in a very sweet spot. She also stuck to her word in not voting for Clarence. But remember in the middle of the bucket competition and Clarence was talking to her and she said, "You're trying to trick me. I don't like it." Teresa's someone (perhaps the only one on this show) who can really get her feelings hurt by another's actions. Everybody else seems to understand the ruthlessness of the game to some degree, and seems pretty cool about it.

A scenario I see developing in my head (and which I'd love to see played out on Ep 8 Thursday night) is this: Teresa realizes that Samburu must make a move. We've already seen this in the preview. It is Teresa who brings this up, and we only have one comment from Kim P. that shows agreement. We have a comment from Brandon (near the same time, as he and Kim P are in the same clothes and still sitting in the cart) talking about serious "schemin' goin' on." Teresa is not a schemer and I don't really know if she's up to it. Still, I think she trusts and likes Mama Kim. I can see her approaching Mama to join the ex-Samburu side. As the CBS website riddles suggest, the ex-Boran member who is approached by the ex-Samburu "shows interest." Teresa could very well take this interest as a signal that she has won Mama over, but when a Samburu (I'm leaning more and more towards Frank) ends up being ousted based on a 5-4 vote, Teresa discovers that Mama has "betrayed" her.

One thing many people keep saying is that the betrayal will occur in ep 9 and it will be Lex's ouster. Since that betrayal can't logically occur until TC and we don't see the after-effects of TC's until the next episode, how could the person who feels betrayed, the one who is "completely devastated," show the effects of that devastation in ep 9 if the betrayal doesn't occur until the end of the episode? I think the devastated player will be hurt because of something that occurs in ep 8.

Posted by Amily on 12-06-01 at 02:39 PM
Here's a stretch - if it is Teresa doing the scheming, maybe it is Frank who is devastated, her one true friend from the beginning. I haven't seen Frank involved in the scheming footage (with Brandon & Kim P). Perhaps he doesn't like her methods of scheming - or worse yet, is the "devastated victim" of her scheme. Pretty personal, pretty devastating.

I don't really believe this to be true, just a thought I had.

Posted by jenbug on 12-06-01 at 07:52 PM
I think that the devastated person might be Kim Pee after Brandon picks somebody else to accompany him on the reward challenge!! She seemed a little confused and disoriented when Brandon said he didn't want to sleep next to her anymore... maybe she thought they would continue to be close while he is scheming?