URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1905
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"3 Tribes"

Posted by TODDLJ on 12-03-01 at 08:04 PM
Okay, I am the last person to believe things like this, but does anyone think we still may see the 3 tribes of 3 thing happen this week?

Arguments For:

1. There sure was a lot of buzz about this, and several past Survivors (Sean and Jeff among them) said they believed it happened.
2. MB said there would be several twists, and we are probably still due for more.
3. The 3 member swap twist definitely didn't "end all alliances" as promised, so maybe he'll try something else new.
4. The 3-tribe split could happen temporarily, for a day or so, or just for the RC. It may be the reason the other old Samburu's 'can't talk to Brandon,' because he gets separated from them. That could also be why he has written "sing(le?)" on his arm. Maybe it's also why there are no vidcaps of the RC.

Arguments Against:

1. Past Survivors have been wrong many times, and I think they are just fed stuff from MB. The 3 Tribe thing was just a red herring.
2. Would MB do another severe change in rules and format? Doubtful.
3. "Ending all alliances" was just marketing hype and never would or could've happened.
4. Also, this weeks preview shows the entire current Motomaji walking to what appears to be the IC together, which would seem to rule out a split at that point.

Anyway, I don't believe it for a minute, but I thought if there was someone out there who did, I'd like to hear arguments in favor.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 3 Tribes"
Posted by drich61 on 12-03-01 at 08:34 PM
Not in survivor 3, maybe in future survivors, this was just floated out here as a trial balloon to see how we would react and to see what ideas we might come up with. The preview for this week says the IC winner goes to this town with the survivor of their choice. That makes no sense in a 3-3-3 IC, and they are not going to have 3 of those ugly immunity necklaces (1 is bad enough).

"Fool me once, shame on you. . ."
Posted by George Tirebiter on 12-05-01 at 00:22 AM
. . . Fool me TWICE, shame on me!

Yes, I'm living my life by trite old sayings now--so what?!

Before S3 began, the Early Show hype included questions to Burn-it and Jiffy about rumors the game would have shocking changes, including a 3-tribe finish. . . The response was their usual coy, smarmy act--refusing to confirm or deny, and revelling in the interest such a question would generate.

I'm sure this place is full of people obsessed enough to spew statistics about why this isn't feasible, but do we even need to expend that kind of energy? I think these rumors are more a bad attempt at manufacturing interest from thin air--I'll be happy enough if they manage to keep my attention on this bunch through the end of the show. . . Who'd have thought AFRICA would be so BORING?!

GT