URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 1894
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Randall Hand-Picked from the Get-Go - minorities, glory, humanity"

Posted by mythmargaret on 12-16-05 at 03:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 04:37 AM (EST)

XXXXXXXXX PLEASE READ ME AND COMMENT! XXXXXXXXX

In the past Apprentices (no, it's not "Apprenti"...) Trump has hired two white men and a white woman. He really needed to hire a minority this season or suffer great scrutiny and indignation - with reason and rightfully so! It is embarrasing to have a national TV show on NBC for four seasons and not find one qualified minority candidate to hire in front of all America. What kind of example does that set?

That being said, I believe that Randall was an exceptional candidate from day one. I think he was hand-picked to rise to the top and be in the final. It was certainly clear from the get-go that he was excellent.

Now, I think that Rebecca surprised them all. She was really terrific.

When it came time to hire one - Randall was the choice. He had to be. And he truly earned it, fair and square. But, there really was no reason for him to keep the happiness to himself. He had won. It was over. But, he could have brought more joy to the audience, glory for Trump and been the hero of the day if he had said, "yes, Trump, what the hell - hire her, too!" The cheers would have gone through the roof.

It would not have dispersed his own glory - it would have made him even more revered and respected.

Reading the other messages tonight, I see that many, many people are saddened by what transpired. I believe that people want to see acts of graciousness, selfishness and hope. It restores our faith in humanity. Why else do we have so many movies about heroes? What happened tonight was not an example I'd show my children about how to act / who to be in life.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Randall Hand-Picked from the Get-Go - minorities, glory, humanity"
Posted by divagirl on 12-16-05 at 04:37 AM
Gee, I would hope you would want your children to recognize competency when they see it so they can make the connection between earned rewards and rewards given just because your likeable. I would have been very disappointed if Randall had decided it was better to be liked than to stand up for what is right. In my opinion Rebecca did not deserve to be given a job. She didn't earn it. She had the poorest record of anyone over the last three seasons going into the final round. She didn't address her core job (raise money for charity) yet she was given a pass time and time again.

What your kids should learn is that is you follow the rules, do a good job you don't have to be a nice guy so a mediocre person can feel good about themselves.

Posted by sheplu on 12-16-05 at 04:47 AM
Rebecca failed the last task! If she was ugly Trump would have never made the offer and most people would have agreed with Randal

Posted by singer on 12-16-05 at 09:33 AM
1. If you agree that Boyfriend Bill should have asked The Donald to hire Kwame or that Robot Kelly should have asked The Donald to hire Jen M or that Kendra should have asked The Donald to hire Tana, then perhaps I can consider the proposition you posit above.

2. Randal's race has no bearing on his win; his ability does.

3. The outcry against Randal appears race-based to me.

--Singer