URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1892
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I still wish Mandisa is with the final 6"

Posted by Comsat on 04-25-06 at 10:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 10:49 PM (EST)

I saw Mandisa today on Idol Tonight, she looks great tonight. Watching the American Idol,I think they're all great, except for Kellie- really she is the only one I'd want to see voted off, I'd really like all of the other ones who are there, plus Mandisa, to be the winners!! I really like Mandisa. I heard that she's recieving great offers.. good for her.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I still wish Mandisa is with the final 6"
Posted by halfpintlemon on 04-26-06 at 00:10 AM
I really liked Mandisa too and was really bummed when she got voted off. I was glad someone finally stood up to Simon when he had taken it too far. Paula just makes it worse with her constant interruption...

Posted by Pepito on 04-26-06 at 02:24 PM
Thank you, thank you y'all for your kind words.... Frankly, I think I still belong on the show, too. And that Paris... still there? And KELLIE???!! What is this world coming to? I guess it was God's plan for me to get bumped, because he has other offers for me coming and I won't have to sign a contract that sells my soul to the American Idol producers, either.

Thank you Jesus.

Mandisa

Posted by singer on 04-27-06 at 07:27 AM
Mandisa is a fine singer with good technique.

What she lacks is an ability (or willingness) to finesse the way that she expresses music in different genres.

There was a point when I used to hear people say that Patti LaBelle sang at two decibel levels: Loud and Loudest. Luckily, comparing old and new video clips, I have noticed that she has adopted many, many different types of musical approaches over the years. That is why people consider her to be an outstanding performer today.

Mandisa could learn a lot from this example. If she is going to advance from being just a good vocalist to being a great performer, she needs to make her vocal expressions more versatile and subtle.

--Singer