URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID18
Thread Number: 189
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"HUGE NEWS: New reality show exclusively at SB.COM........cast appliations being accepted NOW"

Posted by shakes the clown on 05-10-01 at 07:39 PM
....well, I've figured out my summer project (besides being a full fledged media whore that is). It is with great pleasure that I bring you the inaugural SB.Com Celebrity Member Survivor!!

That's right, 16 of you will be chosen by yours truly to participate in the first ever SB.Com Survivor. This is NOT a fantasy game...this is for real.

Every week I will submit a detailed summary of the week's episode much in the same way I did for the regular, boring, no personality Survivor. Only this show is all about you guys!

There will be drama, there will be alliances, there will be backstabbing, starvation, sex, chocolate, crying and in the end, victory for the sole survivor!

Now, to answer the question you've all been waiting for....How do I get on this fabulous show? Easy, all you have to do is fill out a simple application. The applaication will ask some very personal questions, but your responses MUST be made public as you learn the first lesson in being a media whore...your life is not your life anymore, its ours!

Now, keep something else in mind, even if you don't apply for the show, you still might be selected anyway as I have determined that anybody who has ever posted on this forum is immediately eligible. I'm looking for 16 dynamic, unique and hopefully conflicting personalities and I won't take no for an answer.

Because of the secrecy of the project, the location and the cast will not be revealed until the first summary...however, I do not have airtight security on the set and I expect possible spoilers to emerge and be posted on the board.

I know you people love my summaries (I hope) but, now here's your chance to be a part of them!

Without further ado, the application: Please respond with quotes so I can keep track of your answers accordingly.

Background questions

1. Age

2. Marital Status

3. Kids?

4. Employment?

5. Educational background?

5.5 Military background?

6. Intersting employment background?

7. Gender?

8. Social Security Number and major credit card # (just kidding

Survivor questions

9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the most?

10. Now the one(s) you admire the least?

11. If you were to make the show, what would your strategy be?

12. Cite an example where you have been ruthless?

13. What special skill(s) would you bring to your tribe?

fun facts

14. Describe your most embarrasing moment?

15. Ever experienced that not so fresh feeling? (just kidding)

16. Favorite Food?

17. Poster on the board you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge (posters already in game will not be eligible, but answer will be updated accordingly if need be)?

18. Favorite Movie? (may list more than one)

19. Favorite book? (may list more than one)

20. Would you sleep with Shakes the clown for a guaranteed spot in the final 2?

21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list)(No survival items!)

The show will be shot at the same place as all the rest of the Survivor shows, a sound stage in Los Angeles...right Survivor Dawg?

And remember one thing, even if you don't apply you still might find yourself selected and then it will be at the author's descretion to fabricate your background as he sees fit...so I suggests you fill out the applications or else run the risk of being subjected to tabloid-style journalism.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: HUGE NEWS: New reality show exclusively at SB.COM........cast appliations being accepted NOW"
Posted by VampKira on 05-10-01 at 08:18 PM
Ok Shakes.. damn it.. I'll apply.. but ONLY cuz I am ascared that I will be selected anyway for whining so much about you... LOL! Arrrgghhh.. where do I send the App??

w.l.s.f.c.

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

"RE: HUGE NEWS: New reality show exclusively at SB.COM........cast appliations being accepted NOW"
Posted by dangerkitty on 05-10-01 at 08:39 PM
>And remember one thing, even if
>you don't apply you still
>might find yourself selected and
>then it will be at
>the author's descretion to fabricate
>your background as he sees
>fit...so I suggests you fill
>out the applications or else
>run the risk of being
>subjected to tabloid-style journalism.

Blackmail! Libel! Slander! Unlawful threats! Cheater! Low-down dirty dog! Stupid Clown! Muttafrikkin bastige! Restraining order! Sounds like fun! Where do I send my application?

dangerkitty

"Nevermind" - Kurt Cobain and Emily Litella

"post your apps in this thread"
Posted by shakes the clown on 05-11-01 at 00:28 AM
Where do I
>send my application?

...if you want to be a media-whore, you have to learn the first lesson....NO PRIVACY...so post your apps in this thread.

Besides, this will give everyone a chance to see the inner workings of the whole casting process...I might even post the fina cast interviews when I get around to them.

I'll also post a lot more info about the way this is gonna work tomorrow night, but basically your involvement ENDS when you fill out your app....the rest is up to me..you just have to sit back and wait for the summaries to see if you made the show, and then to see how you are edited.

One thing I will tell you, the final two will be live in a chat room on SB (written summary to follow of course) and the jury will be required to vote for the winner...so I don't decide the final winner.
\\

"RE: post your apps in this thread"
Posted by mistofleas on 05-11-01 at 02:25 PM
You're a sick, demented, ruthless, sanctamoneous blankity blanked so and so!!! Someone should have taken you out back to the pie making factory and filled you with whipped cream long ago. The doors to your little car should have been welded shut and the elephant allowed to toss it around like a hacky sack!
You knew you could do just this kind of thing and we'd all fall for it like a bunch of Kucha's at a luau. Well, you're not going to get away with it. Nope, I'm gonna tell you that right now...I will not sleep with you to make it into the cast!
*sigh*
My application with be posted soon.
Damn you clown!!!

mistofleas

"RE: Media Whore for hire"
Posted by spitts on 05-16-01 at 06:34 PM
Background questions
1. Age 31
2. Marital Status – Single and totally Bi
3. Kids? 0
4. Employment? Yes
5. Educational background? English
5.5 Military background? No
6. Interesting employment background?
I once worked in a library and the boy I was seeing worked there too. We’d go to the back and hug till we exploded.
7. Gender? F
I stole your identity, Shakes. Your credit report was easy to come by. Not many clowns in the database.
Survivor questions
9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the most?
Jerri and Amber
10. Now the one(s) you admire the least?
Rodger and Elisabitch
11. If you were to make the show, what would your strategy be? My strategy will to be as vague and ambiguous as possible without coming off flaky, loved by all, and virtually indispensable.
12. Cite an example where you have been ruthless?
Hiding the candy from relatives. They had sweet teeth.
13. What special skill(s) would you bring to your tribe?
I can spin a yarn like no one else. Plus I’m strong.
fun facts
14. Describe your most embarrassing moment?
I put a pebble in my nostril and was unable to get it out.
I have learned to live w/o being fresh.
16. Favorite Food?
Broccoli and I enjoy cheese pizza.
17. Poster on the board you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge (posters already in game will not be eligible, but answer will be updated accordingly if need be)?
Not sure. Probably, anyone who will give me a bit in the back of a Pontiac Aztek.
18. Favorite Movie? (may list more than one)
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Loss Of Sexual Innocence
Eve’s Bayou
19. Favorite book? (may list more than one)
The Witching Hour
20. Would you sleep with Shakes the clown for a guaranteed spot in the final 2?
HELL NO!
21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list)(No survival items!)

Toothbrush
Comb/ Brush
Frisbee
Floss
Strap-on

Posted by ACPS65 on 05-11-01 at 05:37 PM
1. 32

2. Single.

3. No.

4. Practicing Orthpedic surgeon.

5. NYU and NYU medical school. Mastered in Biology.

5.5 No.

6. Had a summer job once at a company which produced blow-up dolls once. Heh Heh.
7. Male.

8. No.

9. Sean Kenniff, Jeff Varner.

10. Gretchen Cordy, Rodger Bingham, Colby Donaldson, Jerri Manthey.
11. To not let other people in on my strategy.

12. I think I told a cerebral-palsy kid once there was no Santa Clause. Oops!

13. I'm a very versitle person. I'd try my best to help out the tribe if they were really in bad shape, but I'd be more concered with going solo and taking care of myself.

14. I try to do the embarissing, not be the victim. Maybe throwing up in grade school?

15. N/a.

16. Spinich and Artichoke with chips.

17. Skierdude10.

18. One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest, Rebel Without A Cause, Ferris Buller's Day Off.

19. Things Fall Apart, Lord Jim, All Quiet On The Western Front.
20. No.

21. 1 - Razor.
2- Toothbrush.
3 - Rosary.
4 - Piano.
5 - "New York, New York" by Frankie with something to play it on.

Oughtta throw me out of the running.

Posted by Leif Eriksen on 05-14-01 at 12:05 PM
A: after
C: college,
P: practice
S: surgery..........65 times

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Posted by Irisheyes on 05-11-01 at 06:50 PM
HEhehehehe.....just answering the questions will be fun for me.
1) 27

2) single

3) I'm the kid

4) Supervisor for a credit card company

5) Bachelor of Arts in psychology, minor in political science

6) I had a lemonade stand when I was a kid, does that count?

7) Last time I checked, I was female

8) 867 53 0909 Jenny anyone remember this ditty?

9) Rich for playing the game, Gretchen for her integrity, Greg for being weird, Colby for being hot and his integrity, and Tina for also playing the game successfully and so unlike Rich.

10) Nick for being lazy, Kelly for bot having a mind of her own.

11) Ally myself with people I trust, but people who aren't smarter than me. I would call the shots.

12) I'll have to get back to you on this one

13) I'd be entertaining. and a motivator.

14) Way too many to go into detail, except I will say this much. 17, car with a guy, cop pulls up.

15) Yeasterbunny? credit goes to Blusavana

16) If I said Doritoes and Mtn Dew, would it give me a spot? In reality, it's Coke and potato skins

17)BadAs to help me with strategy

18)Dangerous Beauty, Good Will Hunting, The Godfather, Apocalypse Now

19) The Memoirs of Cleopatra, The Pilot's Wife and the Bible

20) Hell YES!

21) two cartons of Marlboro Lights, (help making friends)
cards
journal and pen
camera and film
book

This was fun Shakes

Colby Rules!

Posted by Survivorchick on 05-11-01 at 09:58 PM
Ooooh! Oooooh! Oooooh! I'm so excited!
Canadians CAN apply for this one can't they?

Background questions

>1. Age

>2. Marital Status
Lesbian lover

>3. Kids?
No - but we're trying. It's proving to be difficult w/o the sperm

>4. Employment?
Convenience store clerk

>5. Educational background?
PhD in Psychology

>5.5 Military background?
Once had sex with a guy in an old WWII uniform

>6. Interesting employment background?
I was in a student film once - just like Jerri!

>7. Gender?
Female

>8. Social Security Number and major credit card #
Here they call them Social Insurance Numbers: 873 675 397
VISA 4509 2854 2966 0067 Ex 02/03

Survivor questions

>9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the most?
Liz and Jerri (for slightly different reasons)

>10. Now the one(s) you admire the least?
Amber and Mitchell

>11. If you were to make the show, what would your strategy be?
I would prove to everyone how essential I am. Oh, and look really cute and innocent.

>12. Cite an example where you have been ruthless?
There was a spider in my house the other day and I said to him
"Spider, I told you not to come in here. No second chances" and then I murdered him.

>13. What special skill(s) would you bring to your tribe?
I am HIGHLY intelligent - no building shelters in the middle of a riverbed, kicking butt on mental challenges etc. I know how to snare gophers for food.

fun facts

>14. Describe your most embarrassing moment?
Tough call - it takes a lot to embarass me. Maybe that time I planned to seduce my boyfriend (pre-lesbian days) and sprawled out on the couch naked before he came home - and it turned out to be the same evening he decided to spontaneously invite all of his coworkers over for dinner.

>15. Ever experienced that not so fresh feeling? (just kidding)
I'm not familiar with that feeling

>16. Favorite Food?
Rice

>17. Poster on the board you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge?
That lovable @sshole type - I think he lives near me

>18. Favorite Movie? (may list more than one)
Highlander, Look Whos Talking, 15 Minutes, Momento

>19. Favorite book? (may list more than one)
The Yellow Pages

>20. Would you sleep with Shakes the clown for a guaranteed spot in the final 2?
Definately. Is that on option?

>21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item?
laptop, KY Jelly, electric food dehydrator, blowdryer, teapot

What? Don't I get to send a video? Please pick me! Please pick me! Please! Please! Pretty Please! I promise I'll fight with EVERYONE!

Posted by Leif Eriksen on 05-14-01 at 12:15 PM

>I know how to snare gophers<
>for food.<

Your a prairie girl, aren't you? (I have murdered many a gopher and sold their tails for a quarter, each)

>That lovable @sshole type - I<
>think he lives near me<

OK, we can meet for golf, your friend is invited.

>List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item?<
> KY Jelly<

It is none of my business, but, what do you need this for?
Just asking, that's all.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Posted by Survivorchick on 05-14-01 at 10:06 PM
>Your a prairie girl, aren't you?

Whoa! I just gave away WA-AY too much information there.

>OK, we can meet for golf, your friend is invited.
Sounds good. Which island are you on?

>>KY Jelly
>It is none of my business, but, what do you need this for?
Just asking, that's all.

Ha Ha! I temporarily forgot that I'm a lesbian. (The truth is, I'm actually just a wannabe lesbian - my husband won't let me experiment)

Posted by Leif Eriksen on 05-15-01 at 10:20 AM
I live in Vancouver, are you on the Gulf Islands?

Only a Prairie Girl would know about gophers. An elementary deduction!

Keep dreaming about your experiment, your husband can't read your mind, can he?

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Posted by Survivorchick on 05-15-01 at 01:35 PM
I wish I lived in the Gulf Islands. But no, I'm not rich enough to buy oceanfront property and live off of my painted seashells. I'm in Vancouver too.

Posted by Leif Eriksen on 05-15-01 at 03:07 PM
You are not the girl that sells painted seashells at Granville Island are you?????

Anyway, coffee or golf?

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Posted by Survivorchick on 05-16-01 at 06:56 PM
Close, but no cigar.

>coffee or golf?

I'm not sure how I could do either without revealing my secret identity.

Posted by Mon Cherie on 05-12-01 at 01:19 AM
Sorry Shakes, I sent mine to your mailbox, before you said to post our apps here. I can't remember everything I wrote the first time, so this one might be a little different!

Background questions

1. Age 28

2. Marital Status Single

3. Kids? No

4. Employment? case manager, mattress tag security (don't you dare rip those off!), board lurker

5. Educational background? BS in Psychology

5.5 Military background? I can't get up that early

6. Intersting employment background? I worked for a foot doctor at one time

7. Gender? Femalien

Survivor questions

9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the most? Lizz- managed to get through the challenges and still look like she belonged in a Cover Girl commercial.
Alicia- She scares me in a good way

10. Now the one(s) you admire the least? Keith- his eyebrows bugged me. Kimmi- she was too annoying.

11. If you were to make the show, what would your strategy be?
I would start out being really nice, flying below the radar until the merge, then I would go to each tribe member and tell nasty stories to turn everyone against each other.
12. Cite an example where you have been ruthless? I once spread a rumor that my ex was gay, and alot of people believed it. I don't know if that's good or bad.

13. What special skill(s) would you bring to your tribe? My oral skills are amazing, and I am very crafty with my hands.

fun facts

14. Describe your most embarrasing moment? At a party, drunk, coming out of the bathroom with the back of my dress tucked into my thong.

16. Favorite Food? Sushi

17. Poster on the board you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge (posters already in game will not be eligible, but answer will be updated accordingly if need be)? Superman

18. Favorite Movie? (may list more than one)Cinema Paradiso, anything by Hal Hartley, anything with Parker Posey or John Cusack

19. Favorite book? (may list more than one)The Road Less Traveled, anything by Patricia Cornwell, Memoirs of a Geisha

20. Would you sleep with Shakes the clown for a guaranteed spot in the final 2? If he passed MY screening.

21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list)(No survival items!)Aveda calming body wash, toothbrush, a big book of short mystery stories, camera, bible.

Mon Cherie

Sarchasm:
The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who
doesn't get it.

"Mon Cherie...."
Posted by dangerkitty on 05-15-01 at 12:14 PM
>13. What special skill(s) would you
>bring to your tribe? My
>oral skills are amazing, and
>I am very crafty with
>my hands.
>

The fun thing about this answer is that I really don't know if you meant it the way it sounds...

>
>14. Describe your most embarrasing moment?
>At a party, drunk, coming
>out of the bathroom with
>the back of my dress
>tucked into my thong.

Bwahahahahaha!!! How long before you discovered it?

John Cusack

I loooooooved High Fidelity!!

dangerkitty

"RE: Mon Cherie...."
Posted by Leif Eriksen on 05-15-01 at 03:05 PM

>>My oral skills are amazing, and<
>>I am very crafty with<
>>my hands.<
>>
>The fun thing about this answer<
>is that I really don't<
>know if you meant it<
>the way it sounds...<

I think the question might be, Pussy, is what made you think of what you obviously are thinking when you read that perfectly innocent statement?

Just asking, that's all.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

"Leifsy..."
Posted by dangerkitty on 05-15-01 at 06:54 PM
I think what made me think of what I'm thinking is that I was thinking like I think others might think. What do you think?

Just thinking, that's all!

And an oldie but goodie for you, dear Viking...

Dangerkitty

"Hmmmm"
Posted by Mon Cherie on 05-15-01 at 11:59 PM
I guess I will just say you can consider it a "double entendre" (sp)?
DK- I think I walked around the party for a bit, lots of the guys were asking me to get beer out of the cooler for them, which obviously meant I had to bend over. I have no idea how long it was, but my roomie finally came up and told me. I thought it was hysterical, but then again, my butt looked much better in those days!

Mon Cherie

Sarchasm:
The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who
doesn't get it.

"RE: Pussy......"
Posted by Leif Eriksen on 05-16-01 at 10:34 AM
Boy, Pussy, I sure got a rise out of your post.

Now don't go misinterpreting that perfectly innocent statement.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Posted by dabo on 05-12-01 at 02:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-01 AT 02:34 AM (EST)

well, ben, if you must know (i have no audio by the way)...

>1. Age "43"

>2. Marital Status "married"

>3. Kids? "one of each"

>4. Employment? "essentially, troubleshooter"

>5. Educational background? "B.S. Mathematics"

>5.5 Military background? "Order of the Arrow (don't ask and I won't kill you)"

>6. Intersting employment background? "Journalist"

>7. Gender? "Male"

>8. Social Security Number and major credit card # (just
>kidding
>
>9. List the contestant(s) from SurvivorII that you admire the
>most? "Tina, Rodger, Jeff"

>10. Now the one(s) you admire the least? "Mitchell, Amber"

>11. If you were to >make the show, what would your strategy be? "Trust everyone, be friendly, track the pigs for their supply of trouffles"

>12. Cite an example where you have been ruthless? "I give clones no sympathy, same with trolls."

>13. What special skill(s) would you bring to your tribe? "Knot tieing, fire-starting, optomistic world-view, political mediator, logistic tendancies"

>14. Describe your most embarrasing moment? "The first time I got a standing ovation I didn't know what to do, I just stood there, what a doof I was; runner up, i thought survivorsean wasn't really, you know, survivorsean, but honestly who did!"

>15. Ever experienced that not so fresh feeling? (just kidding)
>
>16. Favorite Food? "ummmmmm.. who's sponsering this thing?"

>17. Poster on the board >you would most like to have visit you if you won a "visit from family member" Reward Challenge (posters already in game will not be eligible, but answer will be updated accordingly if need be)? "ItzLisa"

>18. Favorite Movie? (may list more than one) "Jeremiah Johnson"

>19. Favorite book? (may list more than one) "Catch-22"

>20. Would you sleep with Shakes the clown for a guaranteed spot in the final 2? "No, not even if it guaranteed me the win and hosting next year's show and getting to meet Anne Robertson."

>21. List five items you would like to bring as a luxury item? (if selected, I will choose one of the items from the list)(No
>survival items!) "harmonica, statue of Buddha, laptop computer, war and peace, ummmmmmm a big fat cow"

Posted by ItzLisa on 05-14-01 at 04:51 PM
Awww, dabo! Thanks again, dude!!!

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

Posted by Fast Eddie on 05-12-01 at 03:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-01 AT 05:49 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-12-01 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

>1. Age

>2. Marital Status
Married - in Fiji (for reasons I don't understand, lots of people wonder if it's legal).

>3. Kids?
Don't know of any, but possibly many dozen. Eight nieces & nephews to whom I'm almost as close as a parent.

>4. Employment?
Authoring and selling a travel guidebook on the internet; accounting (my wife's business); computer consultant.

University, with honours.

Play chess.

>6. Intersting employment background?
Thanks to a certain summer job, I could probably assemble a Homelite chainsaw from basic parts with my eyes closed.

>7. Gender? Male.

> Survivor questions
>
>9. List the contestant(s) from
>SurvivorII that you admire the
>most?

Rodger as a person. Tina as a public manipulator - she played just like Rich, except she lied and betrayed, yet she's convinced everyone she didn't play like Rich and was loyal. Colby for his all-round skills, until that bonehead play at the end.

>10. Now the one(s) you
>admire the least?

Jerri - in various post-show appearances, she proved that her image was indeed accurate, not just editing. Lis - getting by on lots of looks and childishness and no brains.

>11. If you were to
>make the show, what would
>your strategy be?

Decide if I have a chance. If not, get kicked out quickly and enjoy six weeks all expenses paid in a luxury resort. If I do have a chance, lay low, play dumb and don't be a threat. Be a follower, not a leader and stay on the strongest bandwagon. Then pull a fast one at the end. Of course, with the strategy exposed to the competitors, what good is it now?

>12. Cite an example where
>you have been ruthless?

Never in real life. Always in games, within the rules.

>13. What special skill(s) would
>you bring to your tribe?

World travel has made me highly adaptable and accepting of local conditions. Although I've lived in the same city all my life, I'm almost instantly at home anywhere and everywhere. Even after months of travel, I've never felt homesick.

> fun facts
>
>14. Describe your most embarrasing
>moment?

Too embarrased to tell you.

>15. Ever experienced that not
>so fresh feeling? (just kidding)

Yeah, back around age 3 or 4. Actually kinda nice at first.

>16. Favorite Food?

Crab; any shellfish; almost anything I've cooked myself.

>17. Poster on the board
>you would most like to
>have visit you if you

Don't know. I read messages for content and pay no attention to who posted them.

>18. Favorite Movie?

Easy: Animal House.

>19. Favorite book?

I can read almost anything and enjoy it.

>20. Would you sleep with
>Shakes the clown for a
>guaranteed spot in the final
>2?

My wife would not approve. Neither would I. Shakes would definitely not approve.

>21. List five items you
>would like to bring as
>a luxury item?

Any books;
crossword puzzles;
my subscriptions to National Geographic, Discover, Fortune; playing cards;
if you show me where the electrical plugs are, a CD player with my Beethoven and Led Zeppelin CDs.

Posted by larman on 05-12-01 at 07:22 PM
Alright! I'll take a crack at it..Can't wait to see what Shakes puts together.

If ya don't mind, I'll slur my answers together:

37 year old, pre-mid-life crisis married male with two screaming wee ones working as a social worker fortunately during the daytime with court ordered adolescent males. Yea, went to school and got a BS (and lots of it), managed to do it without entering the military..Prior to that, the most interesting thing I'd done was pick bag worms off little pine trees as a thirteen-year-old (mom thought it'd keep me and my twin out of trouble at the swimming pool).
Rodger's the Man! Anyone who'd jump off a cliff without swimming lessons has guts! Colby's hat really started to irritate me after a while, so I guess I admire him the least. I know it's lame. If I were on the show, my strategy would be to make a quick risky character assessment of my team mates, ally with the most trustworthy, strong, and intelligent one. Then, make an appeal with him or her to ally with another duo against the rest to become the final four.
Ruthless? All I can say is during the Survivor season, NO ONE WAS ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE REMOTE BUT ME...UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES and WITH NO EXCEPTIONS!
Special Skills: 1)Well let's see, this will be on a sound stage, huh? I can do some pretty good impressions...say like..how about 100 screaming Colby fans to greet him...or a herd of elephants about to trample the contestants (same exact impression).
2)I don't eat worms, but can certainly down some tequila
Most embarassing moment: taking tickets for a local folk festival, asked the nice woman to please show me her ticket...who responded..."oh, I'm singing tonight" (It was Joni Mitchell.)
Nothing beats Ben and Jerry's, Something About Mary, and the Lord of the Flies.
Visit from one of the posters?-would have to be the one and only Survivor Blows.
To sleep or not to sleep with the clown: Only if he slept with his jammies on and his red rubber noseand big squeaky shoes off! But, seriously, hell no!!!

Wow! 5! items: Shovel, axe, journal/pen and a family picture in glass. The picture would be priority.

Posted by dangerkitty on 05-12-01 at 09:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-01 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

Love your post, larman!

>ally with the most trustworthy, strong,
>and intelligent one

Nice to meet you, too!

>and a family picture in
>glass. The picture would be
>priority.

Hehe. I know what you're thinking!!

dangerkitty

edited for a quote word that appeared in the wrong spot

Posted by Lightmage81 on 05-13-01 at 06:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-01 AT 06:13 AM (EST)

Shovel, axe

WOAH!!!!

We've gone from backstabbing to backSTABBING!!!!

"We've reach a new level" - Alicia, after Mike killed the pig

Posted by DivaByTheSea on 05-14-01 at 04:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-01 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

My official application

>
>1. Age -- 27
>
>2. Marital Status -- married
>
>3. Kids? -- 1
>
>4. Employment? -- Manager of theatre company (full-time), freelance actor/singer (have done lots of commercials, plays, etc.), freelance music director
>
>5. Educational background? -- have my Masters degree, some credit towards PhD
>
>5.5 Military background? -- I have dated someone from each branch of the military, does that count???
>
>6. Intersting employment background? -- Yes, as a performer, I too have waited tables and tended bar. Other employment includes stints at a florist, The Gap, random clothing stores, soccer referee, girls softball umpire, basketball coach, and lead female singer of 80's metal cover band.
>
>7. Gender? -- female baby
>
>8. Social Security Number and
>major credit card # (just
>kidding
>
> Survivor questions
>
>most? -- Mad Dog, Colby, Lis, Rodger
>
>10. Now the one(s) you
>admire the least? -- Jerri, Amber
>
>11. If you were to
>your strategy be? -- I am all about being up-front. No flying under the radar here. I would end up being like Michael, in that I'd try to balance leading with being led (just not into a fire). I'm also the entertainer, with a bit of the athlete and mom in there. My friends call me a diva---so I'm sure that would come out.
>
>you have been ruthless? -- I took over management of a company at 23, besting people 20 years older than me.
>
>you bring to your tribe? -- I'm pretty darn resourceful. I can figure things out quickly. I have good sense of direction/inner compass, so to speak.
>
>
> fun facts
>
>moment? -- Once when singing in a show, I was supposed to be drug off the stage (it was in the act). The guy who came from behind me to take me off got his watch stuck on one of my dress's buttons. He had both arms wrapped around me dragging me backwards....wELL, as he was doing that, my dress was steadily going up higher and higher, until over 1000 people got a girlie show. I realized it, and went limp so that he would drop me. They had to work out a whole extra skit to get me off stage.

Runner up -- once in college, I had walked the entire length of campus after having thrown everything in my backpack quickly -- it was one of those 8 AM early morning last minute in the dark things. Suddenly, one of my guy-friends comes up behind me and says "nice bra you're not wearing." I stopped and looked....I had a blue bra hanging out of my back pack. I thought it was pretty damn funny though.
>
>so fresh feeling? (just kidding) -- Um, no.
>
>
>16. Favorite Food? -- Lemonade and Chicken Piccatta. If I say Diet Dr. Pepper and Combos, does that help with endorsements?
>
>17. Poster on the board
>you would most like to
>have visit you if you
>won a "visit from family
>member" Reward Challenge (posters already
>in game will not be
>eligible, but answer will be
>updated accordingly if need be)? -- Aya K. Something about him is intriguing. Shakes would work too!
>
>
>18. Favorite Movie? (may list
>more than one) -- Thelma and Louise, The Shawshank Redemption, The Thing Called Love, Crossroads
>
>19. Favorite book? (may list more
>than one) -- The Outsiders (loved that book growing up), The World According to Garp, I am One of you forever
>
>Shakes the clown for a
>2? -- I'll work out a 'behind closed doors' deal with ya Shakes.

>21. List five items you
>would like to bring as
>a luxury item? (if selected,
>I will choose one of
>the items from the list)(No
>survival items!)
1. guitar
2. sketch pad and charcoal
3. hair brush
4. Bible
5. Keith Famie's new book "Yes, I can cook rice." It'll make great kindling.
>

Come on Shakes. You know I'll be entertaining...and hey, that's what reality TV is all about....entertainment!

Posted by zerokewl999999 on 05-14-01 at 05:18 PM
> Background questions
>
>1. Age: 24
>
>2. Marital Status: single
>
>3. Kids?: nope
>
>4. Employment?: Hollywood video, independent musician
>
>5. Educational background?: high school, Geneva college
>
>5.5 Military background?: n/a
>
>6. Intersting employment background?: n/a (Hey, Hollywood video's interesting enough)
>
>7. Gender? male
>
>kidding : Phew
>
> Survivor questions
>
>most?

Mitchell for his sense of humor and because both he and I are musicians

Michael for his spirituality
>
>10. Now the one(s) you
>admire the least?

Jerri because she came off as a very tough person to get along with
>
>11. If you were to
>your strategy be?

let everyone else overplot each other, enjoy the expierence and grow in my Spiritual walk
>
>you have been ruthless?

?? (forgotten them all I guess, I hope ;)
>

humor, intelligence, nice personality, work ethic
>
>
> fun facts
>
>moment?

When I was in 4th grade I sang the star spangled banner occapello (sp?) and never realized how bad I sucked.
>
>so fresh feeling? (just kidding)

Hmm....
>
>
>16. Favorite Food?

steak, medium well done
>
>17. Poster on the board
>you would most like to
>have visit you if you
>in game will not be
>updated accordingly if need be)?

Conspiracy Jim
>
>
>more than one)

Titanic
Meet The Parents
The Apostle
>
>than one)

The Bible
>
>Shakes the clown for a
>2?

Well as tempting as that is...sike. Nope
>
>21. List five items you
>would like to bring as
>I will choose one of
>survival items!)

1. The Bible
2. devotional
3. guitar
4. toothpaste
5. football
>
>

Posted by Fuel on 05-15-01 at 12:19 PM

>Now, keep something else in mind,
>even if you don't apply
>for the show, you still
>might be selected anyway as
>I have determined that anybody
>who has ever posted on
>this forum is immediately eligible.
> I'm looking for 16
>dynamic, unique and hopefully conflicting
>personalities and I won't take
>no for an answer.

Shakes, for someone that posts as rarely as I do, this is very scary. I wouldn't be good for your version of Survivor, I'm very dull and about useful as Nick in camp.

Posted by Bushwacker on 05-17-01 at 07:23 PM
Gotta get in on this
> Background questions
>
>1. Age Younger than Rudy, older than Amber
>
>2. Marital Status Can't decide
>
>3. Kids? Don't know, don't care
>
>4. Employment? Yes
>
>5. Educational background? Huh?
>
>5.5 Military background? Somewhere
>
>6. Intersting employment background? The fact I'm employed is interesting in itself.
>
>7. Gender? M
>
>kidding Huh?
>
> Survivor questions
>
>most? Tina
>
>10. Now the one(s) you
>admire the least? Debb & Mitchell
>
>11. If you were to
>your strategy be? Huh?
>
>you have been ruthless? Huh?
>
>you bring to your tribe? My intelligence
>
>
> fun facts
>
>moment? Right
>
>so fresh feeling? (just kidding) You mean someone doesn't?
>
>
>16. Favorite Food? Tacos
>
>17. Poster on the board
>you would most like to
>have visit you if you
>member" Reward Challenge? Vampkira
>
>
>more than one) Huh?
>
>than one) Huh?
>
>Shakes the clown for a
>2? What's with all this "sleeping"? There's got to be something more fun than that.
>
>21. List five items you
>would like to bring as
>a luxury item? Colleen, Jenna, Amber, Liz, Rudy

Posted by JustLease on 05-17-01 at 09:01 PM
I mainly lurked, due to the fact that I had time to read but not to post... but here goes anyway...

> Background questions
>
>1. Age

>2. Marital Status

Ball and chain-less

>3. Kids?

None, thank goodness.

>4. Employment?

Director of Marketing Operations for a floral company

College, yeah.

Nah.

>6. Intersting employment background?

I spent a summer long ago trying to talk people over the phone into letting a salesperson come into their house to sell them 6 months of frozen meat and a giant freezer. I was good at it too. If I can manipulate total strangers into trusting me that way, I think I could manage to do even better in person.

>7. Gender?

All chick.

> Survivor questions
>
>most?

Colby for managing to keep his teeth so white the whole time, and Elizabeth since she was the only one I never wanted to whack in the head.

>10. Now the one(s) you
>admire the least?

Mitchell, because he whined too damn much and adored Jerri and Kimmi because she just didn't get it.

>11. If you were to
>your strategy be?

I'd form an alliance early on with the other likeable and least untrustworthly folks...fly below the radar...etc.

>you have been ruthless?

I'm ruthless every single day. Just ask my boss. I think it's the main reason he keeps me around.

I've never made a bad batch of rice in my life, and I tell highly entertaining campfire stories. (Or so I've been told.)

> fun facts
>
>moment?

At a chinese food buffet in a crowded restaurant, I somehow tripped and landed with a tremendous thud, thus causing the entire restaurant to go dead silent. Everyone then turned around to stare at me while I lay on the floor with my plate extended in front of me. I am proud to say, however, I didn't spill even a grain of rice during the incident.

>16. Favorite Food?

Chicken Marsala...but only if I make it.

>17. Poster on the board
>you would most like to
>have visit you if you
>in game will not be
>updated accordingly if need be)?

Well..shakes. Do you count?

>more than one)

Harold and Maude

>than one)

I can't ponder this one any more, so I'm going to just pick my favorite of this month which is White Oleandar. Very powerful.

>Shakes the clown for a
>2?

Hell yeah.

>21. List five items you
>would like to bring as
>I will choose one of
>survival items!)

1. a pillow
2. deck of cards
3. Dr. Haushka Quince facial moisturizer
4. my journal
5. Shakespeare anthology (I've been meaning to read for years..)

that's it...
JustLease

"Shakesvivor has been moved to the Off-Topic Board"
Posted by Kismet on 05-21-01 at 09:47 AM
The 'game' will play out over on the Off Topic Board. Several of you were chosen so head on over there.

Kismet