URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1882
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Thoughts on the leg"

Posted by starshine on 10-05-14 at 01:48 PM
Leg 2: London & Oxford

Having soldiers at Somerset house was ... interesting, had I marched like that I fully believe that my drill sergeant would have ripped my arm off and beaten me with the soggy end, all very namby pamby really. making the teams salute would have been even funnier.

Thumbs Up: OK Phil lied to us, that wasn't the annual parliamentary pancake race, however it was nice to see that teams could fail for not flipping. May I suggest the three legged race next time the teams come over.

Thumbs up and Down: Nice to see Pearlies actually in the East end, I know almost everyone has the internet these days but fifteen seconds on what they actually are might have been nice.

Thumbs Down: How could anyone find teeth like that any less than repellent?

Thumbs Up: Punting, no it isn't easy, but watching someone try it for the first time is always amusing.

For all that it was quite Merrie Olde England it was still a fun episode, slightly spoiled by the entitled superfan bit at the end.

But seriously those teeth?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Thoughts on the leg"
Posted by IanQuentin on 10-06-14 at 08:50 AM
I generally liked what they did with the Express Pass, but it's in the wrong part of the race. It should be right after the detour, so it wouldn't JUST be, the team in first at the end of leg gets it. Put some real suspense into it. Also, let people know when it's been taken, so everyone is equally encouraged to go for it if it is still available.

Posted by kingfish on 10-06-14 at 10:22 AM
I'm glad the defense of England and the Palace doesn't rely on our heroes. And they might have had a pair of pantaloons that fit a shorter person. That picture was also comical. Maybe they did that on purpose.

Yeah, about those teeth...

That guy is all about self-image.

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

Posted by Molaholic on 10-12-14 at 11:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-14 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

I didn't notice -- were the <PRODUCT PLACEMENT> cars automatic or manual? Because driving on the wrong side of the road is enough of a challenge, but if you've got to clutch & shift bass-ackwards as well it's got to be enough to force an all-nighter in a pub.

Seana did another one.

"Shetlands"
Posted by starshine on 10-16-14 at 09:49 AM
We studied Canadia for a year whilst I was at school, however the only thing that I remember from 6 years of school geography is <he hem> The Orkneys are just orf shore, The Shetlands are shoved out further, and The Faroes are far away . Well that year on Canadia was a real waste of time wasn't it?

I really enjoyed the leg, particularly the ponies

"RE: Shetlands"
Posted by kingfish on 10-16-14 at 10:35 AM
First rules of Reality Competition shows.

1. Never proclaim yourself to be THE superior team. Doesn't sit well, and is usually FLW.

2. Never pick a challenge that involves animals if there is another choice.

Posted by kingfish on 10-20-14 at 11:42 AM
Getting rid of the dentists is going to be difficult. They finish last and don't even have to give uo their Save Pass.

They are toughter to remove than caramel in dentures.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-20-14 at 12:02 PM
I was thinking the same as I watched. The overtanned, over whitened teeth villian team is pretty much assured a spot in the final now. With Bethany& Adam holding an Express Pass, they look good for the final too. That means all the other teams are fighting for one final slot.

Posted by Molaholic on 10-20-14 at 05:48 PM
I am very disappointed with the Powers That Be regarding the SAVE.

Once they handed it to Phil it should have been gone -- NEL or not. I suppose if they try to use it when they're aren't last will get the same foolishness. Dumb. Think of the U-Turn (double or standard) - team A puts Team B on the board, but team B has already gone on by -- team A does not get a do over. Let's be consistent here folks.

"Grudges vs Strategy"
Posted by kidflash212 on 10-27-14 at 05:49 PM
I wish they didn't have U-turns at all but if they are there, seems to me that it makes sense to use a little strategy. Keith & Whitney weren't nearly as much of a threat as the creepy, arrogant Dentists and you're pretty much letting them skate right in the final.

Posted by kingfish on 10-28-14 at 10:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-14 AT 11:58 AM (EST)

What? No one U-turned the Dentists? How can they be so stupid? Are they even trying to win the money?

With those competitors (competitors is not really the appropriate description) I predict that the Dentists will skate to the final leg with the free pass still in their pocket.

Posted by suzzee on 10-29-14 at 12:17 PM
Thinking the same thing, now that they were humbled a bit they aren't thought of as too obnoxious. Except by me, I expect production to add one of those little sparkle flashes to their smiles any time now. Skaters indeed. Wake up everyone.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by Agman2 on 10-30-14 at 03:51 PM

word

"Karma's a ..."
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-06-14 at 02:17 PM
Wasn't enjoying the squabbling mother/daughter team anyway.

"RE: Karma's a ..."
Posted by Agman2 on 02-27-15 at 05:13 PM
why not?

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-09-14 at 08:17 PM
I have to say, I'm really not liking the wrestlers. Deliberately lying to the food scientists because they didn't get a detailed map showing exactly where the next clue was seemed petty, and then deliberately lying about lying was ridiculous.

The food scientists seem to be having the most fun on the race, I'll be happy if either them or the surfers win.

Posted by Agman2 on 12-10-14 at 02:43 PM
Did someone say surfers?

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-11-14 at 04:34 PM
Not a big fan of the wrestlers either. I miss Kym and Alli - good team, strong competitors. Wrestlers have somehow bumbled their way into the next leg - never winning, usually just surviving.