URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 188
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gary Gulman cheated"

Posted by iloveangel on 08-27-04 at 01:32 AM
Hey, I can't be the only one who noticed that Gary straight up copied certain parts of his material word for word from another comic. A few years ago, I saw a stand-up comedian on Comedy Central, and I thought his routine was funny so I started taping it. When I heard Gary, at least two of his routines have material copied from this other guy. I don't just mean an idea either, I mean the whole bit. Can't he be disqualified for that? I can't think it would be acceptable to do that. I have proof on tape too.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gary Gulman cheated"
Posted by The 4th Horseman on 08-27-04 at 03:20 PM
oh well

Posted by iloveangel on 08-28-04 at 05:53 PM
Well, I guess it would matter to the guy whose material he stole. I thought the whole point of the show was to see who was the funniest, not who could try to be funny by copying someone else's act. Hmmm, I say "oh well" too because apparently no one seems to care, even though it's wrong.

Posted by motormouth on 08-30-04 at 04:28 AM
I would be shocked if this wasn't already known to his agents and the shows producers. It must not be a big deal to them. Or, if it is, maybe we will hear something about it this week as the new show starts. (see, I care. )

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Posted by skyhoneybear on 08-30-04 at 11:26 AM
Ant stole someones joke, the whole boxing is gay thing.(remember when Buddy Hackett called him out last year?) and then he made it to the second season. And when he told that joke the 1st season, I already knew the punchline. I forgot where I heard it from, but I know it wasn't Ant.

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"
"If Karma is a boomerang, I will see you sooner than later."---Will, Big Brother 5, USA