URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1876
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 4 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 08:02 PM
Here we go for yet another episode!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 4 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 08:05 PM
Looks like it'll be a brutal leg from the vidcaps and from reading up elsewhere on what's supposed to happen. Should be fun viewing and plenty of discussion to come on the Fanatics/Bashers forum.

Over/under on meltdowns tonight: 3 teams.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 08:16 PM
We're still in Malaysia at the floating village as a starting point.

Dave and Connor are first to leave, clue tells them to get to Prince Phillip Park and find a long house. Jet and Cord are two minutes behind.

Road Block - Leaps and Bounds. Jump on a bamboo trampoline held by a few locals and grab a flag hanging from the thatched ceiling. Jumping on bamboo? Yeesh, no wonder feet are going to get chewed up.

Connor gets his flag after only a few attempts. Head to Kuala Lumpur (let's just hope it's not the same flight that went missing). Leo/Jamal gets it quickly while Jet/Cord are still jumping after ten tries.

Luke talks about coming out at age 19. Margie said she knew already.

Cowboys finally move on after 47 jumps.

Globetrotters are fifth to leave, over a hour after the fourth team left. A little schmoozing with the local kids, nice touch.

Luke gets the flag quickly (at least that's what it appears).

Big Easy is jumping?!? I know being tall is an advantage but can the locals hold him up on the bamboo enough to allow him to go up high enough? Sure enough, he gets it quickly.

Country Singers now at the long house jumping for the flag. Caroline gets it!

Now Jessica jumping. Barely getting off the surface of the bamboo trampoline at first. Now on her 15th try.

Brenchel now taking off from the start mat.

Jessica now on jump #umpteen. Foot is now blistering and bleeding all over - the entire front half on the sole is red.

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-16-14 at 09:09 PM
I imagine that it will be next leg when we will see if Jessica's foot will hobble her. Those injuries sometimes hurt a lot more the next day.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 09:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-14 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

Indeed, I'm sure it will hurt a lot more, but she'll also be able to get it bandaged up really well. The race really has a way of firing up the ol' adrenaline.

Incidentally, I'm wondering if TAR medical give out any meds to the teams during the race or if they are responsible to get their own Tylenol, etc.?

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-16-14 at 09:23 PM
If I was chosen for TAR, I think that would be one of the essentials in my backpack. Exedrin Migraine and Tylenol, the huge economy size.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 08:33 PM
Jessica is back to jumping again after some medical care and bandages taped on. Boom, she gets it on her first try back on!

Rachel is now jumping. Promptly fell down onto her butt, so she's taking her pantyhose off. Got it on the very next try, so they're off to catch a flight.

Eerie. The Kuala Lumper departure on the board is showing "delayed" which is reminiscent of the scene at the Beijing airport last week as families waited for hours for news of the missing flight.

Three flights are on their way to Kuala Lumpur. Teams are to go to the Petronas Twin Towers. Looks amazing at night with the icy glow of light in the darkness.

Detour - Mix Master or Master Mix. Mix Master - learn how to deejay and if they perform well according to the judge, they move on. Master Mix - properly pour cocktails into a pyramid of 7 and then deliver them.

Certainly not what most people would think of as 'traditional' in a predominantly Islamic nation such as Malaysia.

Wonder how many of these cocktail glasses the TAR producers had to buy? They're going through a LOT of them in the early going.

After the tenth attempt, Jet/Cord manage to get all of their drinks poured without any colours being mixed together. Off they go to the pit stop.

Connor does it on his 12th attempt. Leo/Jamal switched to the Mix Master portion of the detour. Several other teams are now arriving to make it a tight race.

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-16-14 at 09:11 PM
Great Detours, real challenges unlike some we have seen in the past.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 08:49 PM
*looks around and wonders where is everyone else tonight after some great participation in last week's East Coast thread*

Three teams are currently doing the Mix Master half of the detour. Globetrotters seem to have a groove going on with an audience watching them but don't get it done just yet. Afghanimals back for another attempt and they get it done.

Jet and Cord are first at the pit stop and win a trip to London. Not far behind them are Dave and Connor in 2nd place.

Luke meltdown meter (1-10 scale with 10 being the highest): 2

Brenchel on try #14 for the Master Mix. Nope.
Margie doing try number 13 now. Nope.

Luke meltdown meter: 5

J and J doing the Mix Master now. Nope.
Globetrotters on the Mix Master... nope.
Country Singers ... nope.

Brenchel on try #20, nope.
Margie on try #19 - gets it all poured for a change, but it's too orange on the top. Nope.

Country singers complete Mix Master and off they go.

Afghanimals arrive at the pit stop in 3rd place.

J & J complete Mix Master.

Margie and Luke now on try 22.. nope.
Brenchel try 24, nope. Try 28, no.

Luke meltdown meter: 7

Globetrotters complete Mix Master.

It's now down to Brenchel and Margie/Luke. Luke's now on a flashback to his two frustrating times in the past.

Luke tries again and knocks over all the glasses and storms off into the washroom. Luke meltdown meter: 20

Posted by IanQuentin on 03-16-14 at 08:54 PM

Not that Luke really deserves sympathy here, but this detour seems a bit unfair. Can he even do the Mix Master if he wanted to?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 08:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-14 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

No, it would have been impossible for him, so I did think it was an unfair detour as every other team had the option to be able to switch detours and they couldn't. If they were going to put in a musical component, that's fine, set it up as a roadblock where one person would have to do it instead of both of them, and Margie would be on a level playing field with everyone else.

I suspect this was the reason behind turning this leg into an non-elimination leg, although we were due to have one anyway and it was a long, brutal leg.

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-16-14 at 09:06 PM
I figured this was non-elim when there was no bunching point, although the difficulty of the detours created one.

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-16-14 at 09:04 PM
That trip to London sounds great. Didn't seem as if the cowpies really appreciated it.

Posted by dabo on 03-17-14 at 11:21 AM
*looks around and wonders where is everyone else tonight after some great participation in last week's East Coast thread*

Seems I have a good ep to look forward to seeing when I get around to it, yay! End of not-so-spring break, wound up having to drive some kids back to school.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 08:57 PM
Margie makes Luke clean up the glasses he knocked over, saying that isn't acceptable behaviour. Good for Margie! Brenchel gives him a pep talk and the ASL sign for 'applause'.

J and J arrive in 5th at the pit stop.

Brenchel and M/L discuss taking the time penalty. They decide to keep going and support each other to the end. Margie says she has renewed respect for Rachel after their supportive behaviour - always had thought of her as the biggest crybaby ever (no, Margie... look at the guy next to you).

Globetrotters finish in 6th.

Brenchel - try 30. Margie and Luke - try 26. Margie nails it!

Margie and Luke finish in 7th at the pit stop.

Brenchel are now on try 40. Miraculously, Rachel hasn't gone into meltdown mode once. They take a break to pause for reflection with each other. Finally they complete it - they were there for 3 hours and 12 minutes.

Brenchel last to arrive at the pit stop, but it's a non-elimination leg and they're thrilled to have gotten through the ordeal.

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-16-14 at 09:07 PM
Brendan and Rachel seemed almost decent tonight. Anyone seen the four horsemen?

"Next week...."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-14 at 09:01 PM
Next week - Cowboys go fishing, Globetrotters go for a spin, Brenchel go for broke then frantically rush down the airport to catch a flight.

"RE: Next week...."
Posted by kidflash212 on 03-16-14 at 09:06 PM
Has going for a tight connection ever worked on TAR?

Posted by Puffy on 03-17-14 at 00:32 AM
Is Cahaya still around ? I'd like to see him chime in on the Kuala Lumpur leg.