URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1873
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Things You Never Knew."

Posted by Estee on 12-02-13 at 08:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-13 AT 09:08 AM (EST)

Tea leaves are cut using a blunt stick with a white flag at the end.

...actually, you need two of them.

Also, you boil eggs by holding them over water. In case you were were wondering.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Things You Never Knew."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-02-13 at 12:03 PM
Don't mock Marie. She's always 99% correct, don't you know?

Just dumb luck she happened to be able to get the eggs done properly the first time around.

Posted by Snidget on 12-02-13 at 01:09 PM
To be fair, I make hard-steamed eggs pretty regularly, the dedicated egg cooker steams the eggs and I've used my general purpose steamer.

But I don't know that open air steaming would do the trick, they both keep the steam contained to keep the cooking temperature consistent.

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-04-13 at 07:01 PM
Well, the steam looked pretty hot, so I think it would have worked, eventually. But I'm curious just how long she was there, since she got them so well cooked, even after doing it incorrectly at the beginning.

Posted by suzzee on 12-02-13 at 02:42 PM
Hard boiled meant it was hard to do, really hard. The only reason she may have put them in the water was that her arm got tired because it was hard to do. It's a good thing they weren't looking for soft boiled eggs because that would have been hard too.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by suzzee on 12-02-13 at 02:46 PM
It's just a #%$*($# stick. But if you bring that stick back to Phil you can turn it into a non-elimination round. And we think Survivor is fixed.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by kingfish on 12-05-13 at 12:12 PM
That production insurers wouldn't mind letting racers loose in a cobra infested field.

Well, that's one way to be philiminated.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 12-09-13 at 03:44 AM
Yep! That was pretty intense!!! Poor Leo & Jamal! I was starting to root for them near the end. Their final leg was really impressive - too bad about Leo not noticing the buttons : ( I wished they'd beat Travis (& Nicole.) But I'm happy Jason & Amy won! I liked them the best of the remaining teams.

>That production insurers wouldn't mind letting
>racers loose in a cobra
>infested field.
>
>Well, that's one way to be
>philiminated.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-09-13 at 07:58 AM
... that Tim has absolutely no balls at all. Marie got them in the divorce settlement.

(If I were in the same position, I'd cooperate right up until the start of the finale and then announce I'm only going to give 80% effort since the contract stipulates that I'd get 40% - if Marie doesn't like it, she can rip up the contract and we go in halfsies)

Posted by Estee on 12-09-13 at 09:33 AM
Except that Marie's ego would accept no result other than tying him to the nearest tree and finishing the course on her own.

Even in the middle of that last desperation alliance, the only way she could see to keep people with her was blackmail through information rationing. Her social life for the next few years is going to be very -- overbooked.

No, seriously. There's a lot of men who like being on the receiving end of that. At least until they file for the inevitable bankruptcy.

Posted by kingfish on 12-09-13 at 11:17 AM

"No, seriously. There's a lot of men who like being on the receiving end of that. At least until they file for the inevitable bankruptcy."

Is that the voice of experience I hear? So how come you ain't rich?

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-09-13 at 11:25 AM
Perhaps those darn morals and basic human decency keep getting in the way. Unlike in Marie's situation.

Posted by mrc on 12-10-13 at 09:53 AM
I have a freshman student who acts just like Marie. She's going to have a hard life ahead of her.

What is Phil's golf equipment?