URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1868
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep. 6: 7/05/10 "

Posted by byoffer on 07-05-10 at 10:06 PM
First a show, and then Jake and Vienna: After the (almost) Final Insult!!

I won't spoil the show, but theJake and Vienna thing is already spoiled. I mean really, really, rotten. It smells awful.

This is bad TV. Vienna is clearly upset, and Jake looks like he doesn't give a damn.

"We're not fame whores, but if the network is willing to pay, then we are willing to keep airing our bad laundry!!!"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Jake and Vienna"
Posted by byoffer on 07-05-10 at 10:19 PM
Apparently her dog knew it was a sh*tty situation.

"RE: Jake and Vienna"
Posted by Mon Cherie on 07-06-10 at 00:06 AM
Ha. Poor doggie.

"RE: Ep. 6: 7/05/10 "
Posted by true on 07-05-10 at 11:09 PM
Man, what a train wreck that was.

This whole interviewed proved that Jake is a horrible actor! He looked so nervous and guilty, while Vienna, who I can't stand either, came across much more believable. No way is she a good enough actor to fake that kind of emotion.

I always knew Jake was a psycho, controlling pig, and now everyone else knows it too. Fame Whore! Buahahahaha!

Posted by Mon Cherie on 07-06-10 at 00:11 AM
Agree completely. Don't like Vienna either, but they were assholes to not give her a separate time to talk like they did for Jake. But it's ABC un*coughbullcrapcough*scripted, so whatever.

C'est Moi.

Protect the Sanctity of Reality TV Marriages

Posted by Semprasectum on 07-06-10 at 01:05 AM
Its about time people actually see the jakster for what he is. . ..just a lying punk.

I loved it when she called him out on his flying?. . .what a tool

Posted by Loree on 07-06-10 at 00:11 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-10 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

Wow! I have always hated Vienna. But I believe her over Jake. My DH kept saying that Jake came off as a psycho. Jake wants to be famous so badly. He came off as scary to me.

Posted by AyaK on 07-06-10 at 00:31 AM
This looked like a battle in Psycho Wars. No one wins, but everybody loses.

The most believable claim, though, was Vienna's claim that she thought they'd go live a normal life, not hang around L.A. like fame whores. So I'll give Vienna Psycho a narrow decision over Jake Psycho.

Posted by Mon Cherie on 07-06-10 at 01:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-10 AT 01:21 AM (EST)

Really? I don't know. Probably because I have daddy issues. Jake reminds me of my dad- everyone loved him, he put on a good act- at home it was totally different. I saw shades of that in Jake tonight. Vienna's no innocent flower, but living with a control freak who treats you like crap while showing a completely different side to everyone on the outside can be very, very frustrating. And the whole "respect" thing- God only knows how many times my mom, brother and I heard that one over the years.

Enough of that- one thing one of my friends brought up when we were watching was if Jake and Vienna got any type of counseling when things started to go bad. That's one thing that makes me think about the sincerity of their desire to work things out, and that it truly is just all for the attention and fame. However, Vienna's emotions seemed very genuine, Jake seemed very stoic except for his little outburst. Playing devil's advocate, he may have just been emotionally exhausted- I think we've all been there at one time.

This is what I get for majoring in Psychology. Sheesh. Hope all is well with you Aya.

ETA: 10 years and I haven't hit the 2000 post mark? That has to be a record somewhere. I was always a chat ho anyway.

Posted by Loree on 07-06-10 at 02:55 PM
I saw Mario Lopez talking about the interview he did with Jake for Extra. Mario said that Jake kept using the word "respect" over and over again in the interview. Mario said it was very strange how Jake was so hung up on that word.

Posted by Mon Cherie on 07-06-10 at 03:59 PM
My inside joke, when I got older (to keep some sanity), was that if you farted in the wrong direction my dad would feel disrespected.

Posted by Wallflower66 on 07-06-10 at 06:17 PM
Hey Mon! Long time, no see...

Posted by Mon Cherie on 07-07-10 at 02:56 PM
Hey! We'll have to catch up in chat one night!

Posted by JustLis on 07-06-10 at 01:21 AM
Good grief.

When Jake picked Vienna to begin with, it was clearly nothing better than good sex. Neither of them had the emotional maturity to recognize what was necessary and important to a mature relationship. This is what a teenaged break-up looks like -- splayed on national television.

Last spring, I felt bad for Tenley. Now I'm just glad she wasn't sucked into a future with him.

And let's be real about Vienna. My heavens, she would NOT stop talking, EVER. Gads, both Jake and Chris had asked her REPEATEDLY to let him finish a sentence, and she absolutely would not. So when Jake FINALLY used a sterner voice to get her attention, she went whining off in tears, supposedly another illustration of how "emotionally abusive" he was to her. Please. I would have gone out of my MIND with her incessant talking and need for him to "kiss me, kiss me." She's an emotional, clingy, VERY immature woman who needs significant time to grow up before she ever attempts another relationship.

Yuck.

Good riddance to both.

"For those who didn't bother."
Posted by Estee on 07-06-10 at 07:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-10 AT 08:05 AM (EST)

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/05/jake-pavelka-vienna-girardi-chris-harrison/

And y'all wonder why I think of Total Drama World Tour as my primary Monday viewing option? Less contrived personalities and a host with a slightly lower control freak setting.

Was that as big an insult to Harrison as I think it was?

And that picture of Jake in the article, with thin lips looking as if a smile would split his entire face, has inspired a new nickname. From Hildy in the EW commentary section, it's my dubious honor to introduce...

...The Jaker.

Posted by Tummy on 07-06-10 at 09:19 AM
That was a trainwreck that I couldn't look away from.

I couldn't stand Vienna before and Jake was my least favorite Bachelor and now nothing's changed.

Some random thoughts:
I don't think Chris Harrison likes Vienna much.
I agree with both Chris and Jake that I find Vienna's claim to hate LA and the cameras false. (I'd bet money she'd accept a spot on the next Bachelor Pad)
Everyone knew Jake was a media whore, he should just own up to it.
I see a bully in Jake underneath that awwshucks exterior.

I felt sorry for neither of them.

Posted by Tummy on 07-06-10 at 09:23 AM
I like the 4 guys left and find myself wishing Frank had bowed out in Chicago instead of letting one of the other guys get eliminated.

Posted by LFJ on 07-06-10 at 10:03 AM
Let's see a show of hands.

Who would like to fly on an aircraft with Jake in the pilot's seat, or in the area of the cockpit at all?

What an insecure, mean little Bas&%&d he is. His inadequacies (the one thing he has really been trying to cover up) were showing all over the place (he may as well have had his pants unzipped). That is what he is all about, and what accounts for his attitude toward women (although he may have learned some of that from his parents' relationship). That is why Vienna was having intimacy issues with him, and why he had to come off as her "Lord and Master". He should have fun getting and holding a permanent position with an airline.

As for Vienna, she can be summed up in one word - BORDERLINE!!!

Posted by Estee on 07-06-10 at 11:35 AM
BORDERLINE

Which side?

Posted by LFJ on 07-06-10 at 12:28 PM
"BORDERLINE

Which side?"

She would lie on the intense therapy/asylum side.

Posted by samboohoo on 07-06-10 at 09:40 AM
I haven't watched yet. I saw Ali and Roberto's daytime part of the date and just the snippets of clips aired of Jake and Vienna. I have a mailing to do today, so I'm hoping to watch while I label and fold.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by byoffer on 07-06-10 at 10:00 AM
Beware of papercuts, Boo.

Then again, papercuts - one of the most painful types of cuts - are still less painful than watching that Vienna and Jake segment.

Do you get to lick all the envelopes too??!?!?

Posted by samboohoo on 07-06-10 at 01:52 PM
My fingers hurt less than my ears.

No paper cuts. I did have to do a bit of folding and needed to make sure they were perfectly lined up. As I was watching this interview, I intentionally misfolded a few.

No licking. I use glue sticks for the envelopes. Most of these were just labels on brochures.

"Jake/Vienna"
Posted by samboohoo on 07-06-10 at 02:00 PM
Aye yay yay. Where to even start. That was just plain painful.

I feel like I believe them both and I don't believe either of them.

By his own admission when he chose her, Jake knew he was getting someone who was a spoiled dadddy's girl princess. I'm sure her tantrums always worked with daddy. She asked how he could be sick of her in six short months? I ask how one could not be sick of her in six short minutes. He also by his own admission (in the episode in the castle with the two-on-one date with Gia) knew that he was getting a lot of sex appeal with Vienna. I imagine that tantrums and sex have gotten her very far in the past. I can totally imagine what life with her was like. I remember her discussing the fact that she like to sleep in. I remember Jake being irritated about her sleeping until 10:30. I totally believe she was lazy and spoiled, and I doubt she cleaned up anything, especially after her dog. Didn't she say somewhere that she was "potty training him? *eyeroll* If she didn't know where she would be living or for how long, she shouldn't have brought the dog along.

In Vienna's defense, I agree with Jake being a fame whore. I think she was jealous of that, but I agree he was one. I can see where she was lonely. I don't know that I'd want to be moved out to L. A. and left in an apartment all day either. I do wonder about her crying and whining to go home and still staying there. I think Jake is somewhat of a control freak, but I also think he is very set in his ways so to speak and I imagine living with Vienna was a lot like suddenly living with a child.

I don't think she was mean. I think she was just spoiled. The interview showed him to be impatient and angry. He seemed more mean to me than she did.

"RE: Jake/Vienna"
Posted by jbug on 07-06-10 at 04:29 PM
repeat what Boo said

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by Starness on 07-07-10 at 11:27 AM
I originally thought Jake was the nice guy who picked the awful witch on the show (because of good sex).

But after watching the breakup episode, it left me thinking Jake was the really scary one.

Vienna is much younger than Jake, and much more immature. He knew that when he picked her. She is a major drama queen, and to her the drama is real. It sounds like when she tried to break up with him twice before, he didn't take her seriously. But to her drama-filled mind, she really meant it. It shows me that there was a disconnect because of their maturity levels.

Also, Vienna seems shocked how life off the show was so different. Ummm, could it be that they didn't have helicopters wisking them off to romantic destinations everyday or fun, action-packed days planned for them each week? I think they were getting confused with romance on a t.v. show vs. romance in real life. Vienna probably thought Jake was much more of a fun guy than he really is, and Jake probably thought Vienna was much more into him than she really was.

Jake was extremely condescending toward Vienna on that breakup episode. His description of what "undermining him" is, was really freaky. I've double-checked my husband's car directions or measurements before (examples they gave), and he doesn't feel threatened by it. He does the same to me, and the most I'd say is (jokingly), "Ah, so you don't trust do ya!!!" And he'd return jokingly, "Nope."

Jake seemed really controlling and not wanting a woman who will challenge him in any way. He definitely wants a wife who will LISTEN to the boss. SCARY!!!

Posted by Loree on 07-07-10 at 12:10 PM
Jake does not seem to have any sense of humour. Basically I don't think he has much of a personality at all. He puts on this act and pretends to be what he thinks people want. The real Jake is a scary person. "Sociopath" comes to mind.

"The Ep before the train wreak"
Posted by jbug on 07-06-10 at 04:34 PM
I was surprised that Ty went home.
She must be worried that he wants a woman to stay home.

I LOL when Ali arrived for one of her dates & Frank was drinking from a juice box.
Do grown men drink juice thru those tiny straws in juice boxes?
TBH, at first I thought I was seeing him raise a pack of cigs to his mouth and take a cig from the pack - actually rewound to watch again & realized it was a juice box then

I lurved the dress Ali wore at the rose ceremony.
I want one just like it.

What is this misdirection about Frank meeting with and hugging another woman? Is it his sister?

Posted by MKitty on 07-06-10 at 05:16 PM
Holy carp...holy carp, holy carp.

so...phew...where to begin. Well, Ali's was sure ripped off by Jake and Vienna taking over a good 40 minutes of her show!! Sheesh.

Okay, J&V:
Has there every been anything more awkward than this? HOly crap in a hand basket. Hate Jake even more after that interview. He looks so damn condescending, so cold, so "I am rolling my eyes"..Yikes, did you see his body language full of contempt.
Vienna...basket case, crying, but still looked genuine. Yes, she is a spoiled Daddy's girl, but she looked like she was truly upset. yes, she is annoying with the way she never let him finish a sentence, but I really hated the way he punished her by speaking so slowly and with such long pauses that it almost forced her to interrupt. Total mind games. He may be a psychopath. Seriously.

And, then she didn't get a final word but he did. Shameful.

Now, back to Ali. That girl is just not mentally there...and I don't mean dumb or stupid, but he mind is just elsewhere and I think she is now freaking herself out and second guessing everything and NOT relaxing with anyone. Sheesh, maybe the rumours that she picks NOBODY are true as she sure looks like she is not totally in love with any of them..as she does have a wall up. Ty was the obvious choice to go home as he really wants a nice little wifey to cook and clean and have his babies....not Ali's style.

Sigh..who knows...looks like there is trouble ahead...

Summarized by the Capn!

"Body Language"
Posted by Loree on 07-06-10 at 06:05 PM
I just finished watching ET. They have a body language expert evaluating Jake. It was interesting because she was pointing out every little thing that Jake did. She thinks he is ready to erupt in violence and is an abuser. Jake loves the media attention. But I doubt he will be happy with this.

"Ali's hair"
Posted by true on 07-06-10 at 07:57 PM
Ok, I assume that Ali had some unfortunate hair extensions put on, since her hair grew several inches since her season with Jason.

Good Gawd, the rats nest of stringy, yellow with dark roots hair disaster is making me nuts! I just want to scream at her to brush her frekcing HAIR.

She looks like a total mess.

I feel better now, its been bugging me for weeks.

"RE: Ali's hair"
Posted by Loree on 07-06-10 at 11:27 PM
Ali's hair was alot better during Jake's season. She became the Bachelorette and they gave her those nasty extensions. And her hair has become a shitty shade of yellow blonde. It looks like a rat's nest and they never take care of her roots. When they decided to give her a makeover in NYC I thought they would give her roots a touch-up. But No, they didn't do it. She looks hideous with that hair.

Posted by thndrkttn on 07-07-10 at 08:10 AM
I completely concur about Ali's hair. It was totally distracting; the extentions, the massive dark roots, the brassy yellow and how nasty, messy it was. Yuck.

Posted by MKitty on 07-07-10 at 12:33 PM
That is so funny that everyone is talking about this...as I was also mentioning it to my friends while we were watching the show, that Ali's hair was so awful, so distracting, that I just became obsessed with looking at it and not noticing what was being said on the show!

HUGE dark roots, then orange, then bleached out blonde that looks like straw..and such a mess!!! Holy crap woman...don't you have a friggin' stylist or hairdresser?? The show sends you on helicopters and up to castles but they won't let you get your hair fixed or styled??? Sheesh!!! Do something about that rat's nest on your head!!!

Summarized by the Capn!

Posted by samboohoo on 07-07-10 at 09:55 AM
I didn't notice extensions, but I noticed the color. It is awful.

Posted by LFJ on 07-07-10 at 01:56 PM
Is it just me? Or is anyone else reminded of an unkempt (taken to the extreme) Britney Spears when she was going around flashing her kittycat at every opportunity? I hope the network isn't creating another monster. I am sick of Ali as it is. I only watch to see Roberto.

"The Actual Episode"
Posted by samboohoo on 07-07-10 at 10:02 AM
Roberto: They had fun together and, while I haven't been crazy about them thus far, I thought this was a really good date for them.

Ty: I could tell he was going home. Poor Ty. I loved Ty. Where the heck was he when I was looking for that kind of husband? I don't see them working at all. I think they would both end up being miserable - he's too traditional, she's so not traditional.

Frank: I like him less each week. I can't really tell what his deal is. He's like a fricking time bomb. I hope we get some better answers about him next week. What happened with his relationship with his previous girlfriend? Why did he skip town? Why is he working in retail? I'm not too bothered by him living with his parents. I see this happening a lot with certain circumstances. I think it would bother me if the guy had plans to stay there or to eventually move me in, but I can see him doing it to get back on his feet. I think he really doesn't know who he is or what he wants in life. I think he's having an early (very early) mid-life crisis.

Kirk: I still feel like he's hiding something. Maybe he was just a party-hardy frat boy who really does have a new perspective on life. I just think there's something off about him.

Christ: The best for last. I like him. What a nice guy. A seemingly genuine guy. I completely understand why it's taking him so long to open up. I wish they would show us more of their conversation than just about his mom though. He had me LMAO when he was trying to drive that scooter. First the horse, then the wrestling. Now the scooter. Too funny.