URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1852
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode 3 - 6/7/10"

Posted by samboohoo on 06-08-10 at 08:51 AM
First off, *whack MRC* for dragging me back to this addiction.

Now, I didn't get to see last night, so I had to quickly look at the ABC site. What happened to Hunter? I liked Hunter.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Episode 3 - 6/7/10"
Posted by jbug on 06-08-10 at 09:11 AM
Hunter couldn't get up to the plate, much less get to first base. LOL
No actually, he just couldn't get in a romantic mood - given sunsets in the hot tub & a blanket by a campfire. No kisses; nuttin honey.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by samboohoo on 06-08-10 at 03:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-10 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

I just watched Hunter's part. So sad. I really liked him. And I totally get where he is coming from. I might have a hard time rushing into things like that too. Poor Hunter. I would have totally kept him over Kasey, Jonathan, and yes, even Justin.

Justin's nice to look at - until he unbuttons his shirt ( to expose his Rated R tee shirt) or opens his mouth. So immature.

Posted by byoffer on 06-08-10 at 09:23 AM
LOL. It really is a terrible waste of time. But DW likes it, so...

Hunter and Ali had no sexual chemistry. This is the first 1-on-1 date that Ali hasn't found that chemistry, and it certainly seemed obvious from the edit that there was no click. Hunter commented that he is more of a slow mover, and maybe not suited to this sort of setting. On their date they barbecued (enough food for an army!) and hung out in the pool at Ali's house. Their date was quite short (the other guys noted that he was back to the house to grab his suitcase in around 3 hours) so Ali knew he was toast quickly.

It seems to me that bachelors can be separated into 3 categories, at least from the edits we have seen:

1. There are a couple where Ali really seems to have a good connections. This would include Frank and Roberto (the latter of which she seems really smitten with). Chris L is probably in this category also. The connection Ali has with these guys is both a physical and emotional. Interesting that this week Frank had a mixed edit, with a lot of his edit focused on how the strong ties he had felt with Ali are being challenged as she dates (and kisses) all these other guys.

2. There a couple of guys who seemed to lack emotional connection, but Ali just loves their "hunkiness". I would put Jesse and Kirk in this class, and possibly Justin.

3. The rest of the guys aren't getting much of an edit. Most of their edits have been discussions in the house with the other guys, as opposed to time with Ali. I would expect the next boots to come from this group, pending some changes in the edit.

The only exception I see is the weatherman. He is getting a big edit, but I don't understand why. He and Ali seemed to lack chemistry when they kissed, and he certainly isn't hunky, but he has been kept.

Posted by jbug on 06-08-10 at 09:36 AM
Jonathan the weatherman edit is a different one.
not quite sure what to make of him yet; seems immature to me.

I do not like the lawyer guy - I think his name is Craig.
And there are a few like you said that we are seeing very little of. I don't even remember some of their faces when their names are called out for roses!

It's funny that Ali compared the drama with Justin to that with Vienna last season.
The editing showed us that Vienna was odd and why the other women didn't like her.
Maybe I'm missing something but the editing is not showing me why the guys don't like Justin. I didn't see a big deal in his reaction to Hunter not returning. Hey, if you want to win, you want to see every other guy not coming back. Right?
Justin is just damn good looking if you ask me!
The best looking guy there.

Posted by Tummy on 06-08-10 at 10:27 AM
I'm not sure why Jonathan ever agreed to come on this show. I feel sorry for him most of the time. I really liked Ali when she laid one on him during the shoot. But I'm not sure why she kept him last night, his storyline is done.

Really Frank? You didn't realize she'd be kissing other guys? Have you watched the show?

I'm liking Roberto more and more. But with his editing how could I not?

Justin - I felt sorry for him also. I don't see what the guys see. Wonder if it's really not there or he's just being edited because he goes far? <--- that's not a spoiler (that I know of) just speculation. All of them have had the opportunity to trek up to Ali's house and just didn't do it.

Ali's pretty but I didn't like that dress last night.

Posted by byoffer on 06-08-10 at 11:01 AM
All of them have had the opportunity to trek up to Ali's house and just didn't do it.

How is Justin making that walk any different from when those guys cut in on each other during one-on-one house time? I have no issues with that.

I didn't like his "woo hoo, Hunter is gone" though. Maybe I have more of a sympathetic character. Hoot and holler on the inside, but show empathy on the outside. YMMV.

I found it almost strange when Ali commented that Roberto is almost too good looking for her. I would venture that she hasn't felt that way about a guy in a very long time.

Posted by Tummy on 06-08-10 at 12:07 PM
I didn't like his "woo hoo, Hunter is gone" though.

Yeah, I didn't like it either. But there are times he acts a little immature. It's not the worst response I've ever seen on this show about someone being ousted.

Agree about the comment on Roberto's looks. They're both cute - he and Ali - but neither are the best looking people I've ever seen. She's definitely infatuated with him and his life.

Posted by bullzeye on 06-11-10 at 07:47 PM
I found it almost strange when Ali commented that Roberto is almost too good looking for her. I would venture that she hasn't felt that way about a guy in a very long time.

Actually....she spoke those exact words to me some ago.

...and if wishes were horses, beggars would ride...

Posted by MKitty on 06-08-10 at 02:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-10 AT 02:11 PM (EST)

yup, my take on it is much like Byoffer's....

Guys she seems to like: Roberto, FOR SURE, Frank, Chris from Cape Cod, and Kirk...hubba hubba with the kissing scene.

WHO ARE THESE GUYS THEY NEVER SHOW? There is another Chris on the show that NEVER gets any air time, any interviews, any "confessionl" time and yet keeps getting a rose. Who is he??

And oh my gravy (to channel The Cowboys from TAR), Jonathan, honey, get it together. I don't really think he is cut out to handle this cut-throat competition. Seems like a nice guy, but needs to step it up and put on his "big boy pants" now and stop being a weiny. Sorry hon..but you had that coming to you.

Justin...hmmm..not sure what to make of him right now. Kudos for him for having the guts to walk up to her place, but why hide it and what is really going on in the house that makes all the guys hate him?

Lawyer dude? Later bud. You can go now.
Casey with weird voice. You creep me out..you can go now too!

Jesse...well, he survived a one-on-one..but I think he may be not quite too safe yet.

My comment on the forerunners (as far as I can tell )
Roberto: gorgeous, intelligent, seemingly normal...what's not to like. Heck, I am falling in love with him!! (or it is just the "edit"?)
Frank: Love him too...love his look, his quirkiness, but....he seems to be getting too overly analytical and will eventually drive himself crazy. Too bad...as I did like him and I hope he can keep it together.
Chris from the Cape: SEems decent, but isn't exactly blowing me away with any emotion. And, buddy, what's with the dressing down at every Rose Ceremony....only a shirt hanging out of your jeans....yikes...step it up a notch. And, have you two kissed yet...you seem to be wasting time with trivial nonsense. You won't last long if you keep it so superficial.
Kirk: blonde hunk and obvious sexual chemistry...but is there anything else upstairs? Not sure yet...or maybe we haven't beens how yet?

So..that's all I have!!

Summarized by the Capn!

Posted by samboohoo on 06-10-10 at 08:58 AM
Chris L. I too wondered about him dressing down. Is it for Ali because he knows she's not one who really "loves" to be so dressed up?

Posted by Tenorsaxy on 06-08-10 at 07:18 PM
Oh, the Dra.Ma.

Frank: Did he really think that because he had the first kiss that he would be getting the only kisses? If she was going to kiss one person and send the rest home, it would have been Roberto. But I have to say, she does strike me as being kinda slutty, although that could just be all the alcohol that they pour down these people's throats. Does this show have a sequester house for the rejects? Or do they just send them all to some fancy Hollywood Rehab place?

Jonathon: I understand the concern about wanting some privacy for your first kiss. But the cameras are rolling all.the.time. And, (see above) she'll kiss anyone. But seriously. Grow a pair! The only reason this crybaby is still on the show is because Ali likes having a little girl time, and thinks he'll gossip about all the other guys (um, Craig from Canada ring a bell?).

Roberto: I just don't get it. He's not my type. Neither is Justin. I don't like his sneer that just screams "I'm insincere!" And Kasey (with that voice!) would have been gone the first night. Tennessee Ty on the other hand....

The viewers don't even know who half these people are. If they are getting roses, should they be getting some sort of edit? We could do with a little less Jonathon to make time during the two hour show time.

And can we all agree that the mouse stole the show? There should be more of that and less of the drama. Dating should be fun!

Boo, I feel you; why am I watching this? Riiight Chris...too bad he's in the invisible edit group.

Posted by Estee on 06-08-10 at 09:15 PM
Except that they stole the mouse from, of all places, VH1. To wit, Daisy Of Love. Where it was a skunk.

The skunk was a lot funnier.

Posted by samboohoo on 06-09-10 at 09:26 AM
LOL! I am all about Tennessee Ty as well. And Chris L.

And who the heck is that other Chris anyway? And my god, send Kasey home, please, please, please. That dude is promising to sing??? OMH!

I'm a slow watcher because I rarely have two hours to just sit and watch, so I've only watched Hunter's date and then started at the beginning. I saw the Roberto date and have just gotten to the Barenaked Ladies.

I think Roberto and Justin are cute, but like you, they are so not my type.

And I actually like Lawyer Craig.

Posted by MKitty on 06-09-10 at 03:05 PM
I think Roberto is totally hot...he's totally my type. I could just eat him up! mmmmmmm.... (okay, back to work now..fantasy time over! )

Summarized by the Capn!

Posted by Tenorsaxy on 06-09-10 at 08:38 PM
Kasey sings in the previews for next week. Therefore, you may wish to skip the previews. But don't miss the mouse scene which ran during (after?) the credits and is irrelevant to the story line, so you could skip to that part.

Posted by samboohoo on 06-10-10 at 08:57 AM
I just left off at them confronting Justin about going to her house. I know, there is only a little bit left.

Posted by mrc on 06-09-10 at 09:16 AM
If you slapped my face nine times, we both would feel better.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by byoffer on 06-09-10 at 09:43 AM
But then she'd
(breaks out in song)
run...away...from you

Posted by samboohoo on 06-09-10 at 09:59 AM
LOL. I haven't seen that part yet.