URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1850
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode 2 - 5/31/10 - ECST (show recap in one post!)"

Posted by byoffer on 05-31-10 at 11:02 PM
warning - I just finished watching this in Eastern Time, so those on the coast might see spoiler info in here. Be warned!!

This weeks show has two one-on-one dates, a group date, and all sorts of house drama.

The first one-on-one goes to glasses guy Frank. Drive off in a classic old car... that promptly dies. So they hike it to catch a cab. They get some celeb time (photos along the walk of fame), and then hiking up to the Hollywood sign. They seem to click right away, and are quickly in smooch mode. They actually seem so into each other they aren't even thinking about the rose, but once it does appear she gives it to him quickly.

Then there is a group date with lots of guys. Down to the beach to do a hunky guy in silly little Euro speedos photo shoot. Gratuitous beefcake, but in the end all the drama comes down to psycho Craig M who really loves himself, and weatherman Jonathon who seems worried that wearing a speedo might make Ali think that the weather forecast is for cold weather.

During the group date one guy (Phil?) pulls out a guitar and serenades Ali on the beach. Weatherman pulls Ali aside and tells her that he is worried about Craig M being psycho, and hopes he won't have to go Karate Kid on him. (weather forecast = chances of lightning strikes?) Wrestler dude Justin gets some one-on-one time, and Ali seems sympathetic to how uncomfortable the house must be for him (after all the others tried to vote him out last week). In the end, the guitar guy gets the group date rose. (yay for us guitar guys!!)

The second one-on-one date is young (24) hunky (according to my 14 yr old DD) Jesse. They take private jet to Vegas, drive a red Ferrari, get a fancy private pool, and then a fancy romantic suite for dinner and piano music. Jesse seems a bit out of his element, and spends most of the date repeatedly saying how hot Ali is. Sounds very shallow, but he does enough (or is hot enough) to get the rose.

Back at the house, the Weatherman vs Craig rumble seems to continue. Craig even dons some of Weatherman's clothes to continue the mocking. Weatherman bugs me with his focus on Craig, and I usually hate the guys who seem to spend all their time griping about how is wrong for the Bachelorette, but in this case he is right. He again says something to Ali about Craig, and in their one-on-one time Ali even tells Craig that someone has called him dangerous (which leads to more weatherman vs Craig drama).

First impressions rose guy Roberto uses his one-on-one time wisely, pulling out a couple of baseball gloves to play catch with Ali. She seems most relaxed in this sort of situation, where she kicks off her heels and plays catch. She really seems to like Roberto, who seems like a good guy.

Rose ceremony. She gives out lots of roses. Still too many guys for me to catch all their names. The big drama of the episode between weatherman and Craig is edited to seem like the last rose will be one of them, though DW noticed that in a pan of the bachelors before the final rose weatherman already had his. Sneaky editors. Thankfully Craig does not receive a rose. In his goodbye speach he warns the single ladies on the plane ride home that he will need some comfort. Ick. I am embarrassed that Craig is from Canada (he can't actually be Canadian!!)

Okay, I am also embarrassed that I watched and recapped that, but it was a way for me to spend extra time with my DW and DD.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Episode 2 - 5/31/10 - ECST (show recap in one post!)"
Posted by MKitty on 06-01-10 at 01:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-10 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

Craig M? what a nightmare..how completely passive agressive and obnoxious. Oh..I am just kidding around... Yeah, right. I call bulls&**t! I am so glad he is gone.

There are a number of guys I quite like right now: Cape Cod guy, Roberto, Frank, and a few others whose names I cannot remember at this moment! When she was the on the date with Frank the chemistry was VERY obvious and I was just yelling "kiss her, kiss her" at my TV. Oh, and LOTS of kissing for a first date..wooo-eee!!

Oh, and my 14 year old son walked in during the Ferrari scene...he was freaking out over that car!! LOL...

I think she is really into Frank and Roberto...does anyone else have a chance at this point? Maybe the Cape Cod guy...he seems really decent...

Again, so glad that the producers didn't make Ali keep around Craig M for "drama" sake!!

Summarized by the Capn!

Posted by jbug on 06-01-10 at 09:03 AM
LOL Did they actually make Jonathan/weatherman & Craig M stand next to each other for the rose ceremony?
I was thinking she might not give one to either of them, but at least the wacko is gone. Wonder about editing - did he pick on others that way? or just Jonathan? and why did he single him out? & calling him weatherman all the time? Maybe he wanted a lot of camera time & knew one way of getting it would be to cause drama.

I like Justin - wrestler. Dang, but he is hot HOT HOT!

& we have to listen to nasal guy's voice again.

Posted by byoffer on 06-01-10 at 11:17 AM
What is wrong with that guy's voice? When my DD first heard him, she wondered if he had a hearing impediment leading to his altered speech.

Wrestler is also Canadian (at least he seems better than Craig M). From the previews it looks like he may go "over the cliff" next episode to get Ali time. Must be quite frustrating to try to do the show on crutches.

Posted by mrc on 06-01-10 at 12:22 PM
That was my take as well. Not that it matters, I guess, but it's unusual for a DAW not to address something that makes them stand out. Take Shooter, for example . . .

A Slice of Manga

Posted by mrc on 06-01-10 at 09:34 AM
Boring group of guys. *yawn*

Posted by MKitty on 06-01-10 at 12:13 PM
awwww..sorry you are so gellus of the current crop of hotties MRC...

Summarized by the Capn!

Posted by mrc on 06-01-10 at 12:23 PM
Let me know when the hotties (besides Alli) show up.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by MKitty on 06-01-10 at 12:50 PM
Yeah, Ali is pretty cute. I loved her purple converse sneakers she was wearing on her date with Frank!

Summarized by the Capn!

Posted by brenjor on 06-01-10 at 01:55 PM
Didn't anyone notice that for the rose ceremony Jonathan and Craig were next to each other. In one scene, Jonathan had no rose, but after a minute or so, he was standing there with a rose on. I thought, I didn't hear Ali call Jonathan's name. Then it showed her with the final rose, and lo and behold he did not have a rose on. What the heck is going on?? I went over it again and again and couldn't believe it.
Please if anyone taped it can you please look and see what I am talking about!!!! Thanks

Posted by qwertypie on 06-01-10 at 02:32 PM
I didn't watch it, but often the final edit make the show seen out of sequence (does that make sense?)
Maybe they had to reshoot the final rose ceremony and they spliced the two versions (badly).

Posted by brenjor on 06-01-10 at 04:26 PM
Yeah I thought of that too, but it was really poorly done to see him standing there with a rose for one second and the next he wasn't. I thought I was going crazy. LOL

Posted by byoffer on 06-01-10 at 10:45 PM
You are correct, Brenjor. That is what I was referencing in my comment about the sneaking editing of the rose ceremony in post 1 above. Jonathon had a rose before the final rose, but they edited it to look like the last rose was down to Jonathon and Craig M.

And welcome to the boards! Stay around and chat about shows and stuff.

Posted by brenjor on 06-03-10 at 07:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome!!! I will be back to chat with you.

Posted by bullzeye on 06-04-10 at 06:45 PM
byoffer - you are correct. I just re-watched (hangs head in shame) the rose ceremony and my eagle eyes confirmed that just prior to the "final" rose, there was a quick shot of Jonathan with a rose pinned to his lapel.

Some pretty bad editing going on which I will forgive due to my desire lust love infatuation fondness for Ali.

Posted by Kyrie on 06-07-10 at 06:39 PM
I don't know, help me out here, but each time someone "reveals" something that is somewhat commercial about themselves, up front and early, I just can't get past it. If the wrestler (Justin?) isn't promoting himself, I would be shocked. First he shows her his T-shirt (which he is conveniently wearing under a SUIT for crying out loud), then he pulls his shirt open again for the guys??? He is a cutie, but IMO, he isn't there for Alli, I betcha.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.