URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1848
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"the pickup artist"

Posted by cqvenus on 08-23-07 at 05:50 PM
on vh1.

it's my guilty pleasure.

it is utterly hilarious to watch these guys take canned conversations and *still* destroy them.

one friggin guy tried to 'open the set' by breakdancing in a club. 'wanna see me breakdance?' = worst.pickupline.ever

so far, i believe only 2 eps have passed. but they rerun everything on vh1 so much i'm sure you can get caught up very quickly. or you can just use youtube for an overview.

anyway... it's embarrassing, but when i'm up at 3 AM with a new baby, it definitely helps pass the time.

anyone else watching this crap?

~ cq

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: the pickup artist"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-24-07 at 06:19 AM
A wonderful guilty pleasure.

As a woman, yeah, "Mystery, master pick up artist" is still a dork. I would never take a guy seriouly who wore more make up than me, a fake lipstick print tatoo on his neck that seems to move position from show to show and a closet full of clothes that looks like Dave Navarro had a garage sale.

The two wingmen? Yeah, blond one J-dog is bleeping my gaydar big time.

I bet these "geeks" really just want a girlfriend, not a cheap one night thrill. It's sad that this show is only teaching them how to do that.

But if it builds their self esteem, than whatever works.

I still will be watching it though as this show is so over the top with the cheese factor.

Posted by LisaPles on 09-05-07 at 03:54 PM
This show is a riot! I love all of the terminology I'm learning such as "set", "gambit", "IOI" and "neg". I kind of like the concept of the "neg", I may have to try that. I'm just kidding!
The funniest thing about the show is the ridiculous outfits Mystery wears. I was laughing so hard when he was in the aviator outfit with the goggles on his head. I was wondering where the bi-plane was that he flew in on!
The show where the guys were kissing the woman while she was blindfolded was hilarious! I have to keep watching even if only for the comic value! This is one of the best worst reality shows ever!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-05-07 at 06:53 PM
ANd what was with the big old cry fest last episode???? Oh my god you would think they were sending a guy to his death, not just kicking him off the show. Whatever!!!

"oh i know"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-05-07 at 08:12 PM
i loved the crybaby who just cannot understand why girls think he's gay. hello? if you're going to try picking up a girl by talking about how you were in HAIR and it was "a life-changing experience," maybe rewatching the video will help.

~ cq

"RE: oh i know"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-06-07 at 11:57 AM
>i loved the crybaby who
>just cannot understand why girls
>think he's gay. hello? if
>you're going to try picking
>up a girl by talking
>about how you were in
>HAIR and it was "a
>life-changing experience," maybe rewatching the
>video will help.
>
>~ cq

So true! Exactly what I thought too.

"RE: Silver Bullet"
Posted by LisaPles on 09-07-07 at 11:37 AM
Every time I see Mystery with the piercing under his lip I think it looks like he got shot and there's a bullet stuck in his face. Oooh, what an interesting conversation "piece"!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-09-07 at 08:02 AM
For the giggles, I went on youtube and looked for this guy. Got lots of clips from his workshops where it is just like the show. Plenty of undercover shots of this dude picking up chicks in bars with hidden cameras. All the same starter lines or "sets" that he's teaching on the show.

Ok so here's the thing, is this show going to kill his business? If he makes a living out of these workshops that don't look much different than the show, who would go to them? He's not god giving out blessings!

Not to mention since women now know about hm and the show, he 's going to need some new gimmicks.

"RE: Who Dresses Mystery? "
Posted by LisaPles on 09-18-07 at 01:51 PM
Did anyone see last night's (9/17) show? What was up with the disguise Mystery was wearing in the park?? I thought he looked like a homeless Amish crack addict! That was nuts! We also got to see another of my favorites, Mystery's aviator look.

On a more serious note, I thought Kosmo did very well and I could see he has made a lot of progress. I hope at least one of these guys can get laid by the time this is over!

"RE: Who Dresses Mystery? "
Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-18-07 at 02:16 PM
I have to admit I did think "wow he looks like Wried Al in Amish Paradise" with that get up.

My money is on Kosmo. He seems to really be enjoying himself and is much more relaxed around women. The other one is just coasting on good looks at the moment.

"show of hands"
Posted by SherpaDave on 09-19-07 at 04:00 AM
How many people predicted these two as the final two starting with the first episode, based on looks alone? I know I did.

"RE: show of hands"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-20-07 at 05:07 PM

1. that other guy (not kosmo) is NOT attractive! he's far too pretty. brady? right. brady... i don't believe in dating men that are prettier than i am.

2. kosmo is a big huge dork. but, i predicted him to be final 2 b/c he's a good success story for mystery, given that he tried to meet girls the first week by friggin BREAKDANCING in a club. omfg.

3. i think there is no way in h3ll that this will ruin what mystery does for guys.

first off, women ARE this shallow, and it IS still going to work.

secondly, nobody but the four of US watch this stupid show.

~ cq

Posted by Sues on 09-21-07 at 11:03 PM
now now...I've caught a few moments too.....like the 'make out with fruit' episode....nice! Maybe next time they can grope cabbage patch dolls....

Posted by fullofgrace2470 on 09-25-07 at 09:18 AM
Count me in as number 5! I love this show and love both guys. Mystery just cracks me up. Has he gone into any of the clubs with his aviator look yet? I'd like to see how many women he can pick up in that!

I'd go for Matador, but Mystery or the other wingman? No thanks.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 02:00 PM
SherpaDave - haven't seen him around in a long time

"the finale"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-26-07 at 03:51 PM
i caught it on rerun last night...

big shocker who the winner was.

this whole thing has been a hilarious joke. i mean, it's great to give ppl confidence, but... i don't know. i just wish the end goal weren't simply to get laid.

i hope kosmo turns his new "skills" into something meaningful and doesn't just become another perverted pig whore guy who sleeps around.

~ cq

"RE: the finale"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-27-07 at 03:08 PM
>i hope kosmo turns his new
>"skills" into something meaningful and
>doesn't just become another perverted
>pig whore guy who sleeps
>around.

As do I Something about Kosmo just screamed "out of work actor/stand up comic". I'm sure he'll have his own show in no time. LOL

Yeah if Mystery showed up with the goggles... oh my lord I'd be on the floor laughing

Posted by Agman2 on 03-02-16 at 11:32 AM
I'm sorry i didn't get to see that show!