URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1837
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 22 - FINALE - East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 07:58 PM
Well, folks, it's time for the finale and we'll get to see who wins this season. Four teams are left: Mona/Beth (Derby Moms), Max/Katie (Villains), Caroline/Jennifer (Country Singers) and Bates/Anthony (Hockey Brothers).

Let's have at it, folks... share your thoughts tonight.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Starting on time?"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-13 at 08:00 PM
Shocked, I'm shocked.

"RE: Starting on time?"
Posted by Bebo on 05-05-13 at 08:02 PM
Snidge, you of all people shouldn't be. You know how bad the weather reports have been here in NC lately - rain, rain, rain, blah, blah. The golf tournament started at 6:45 this morning so that they could get the final round in before the weather got bad.

"RE: Starting on time?"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-13 at 08:10 PM
The rain held off long enough to get my mushroom log done (workshop at the local coop). Now it's waiting for the rain to soak it good and get it going.

"RE: TAR 22 - FINALE - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 08:02 PM
A recap of the start and some of the places visited along the way. Joey's overdramatic reaction to the scorpion on his hand, the doctors drowning in the water, Dave's Achilles heel, Philiminated contestants shown in order.

Now we get a look at the final four teams still in the race with brief profiles of each.

Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 08:05 PM
Had to get in their little country song snippet.

Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 08:21 PM
Max is such a stinker.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 08:22 PM
We're in Edinburgh, Scotland, and start in Old Town.

Max and Katie get us started off at 4:07 and teams must take a train to catch the Stena Line ferry to get to Belfast, Northern Ireland. Bates and Anthony (8 mins behind) talk about wanting to get rid of the Roller Moms, sees them as a real threat.

Country singers are a hour and twenty mins behind the leaders. Mona and Beth are another two hours behind the girls.

Bunching point at the station before the teams take the ferry.

Once in Belfast, teams take cars from a shipyard warehouse. Max/Katie and Hockey Bros take one route, the four ladies go another route. We'll see who made the right move ... and it's Max/Katie and Hockey Bros.

Roadblock - Bog Snorkeling. Weird sport where they have to put on wetsuits and snorkels, then go racing in a little bog to get their next clue. Not helping that it's a bit of a chilly day, either. Time to beat is 4:00 in the bog.

I'd like to see the doctors try this one.

Anthony goes first and makes it in a time of 2:18!
Clue tells them to "find the thing with a ring".
Katie is up next and does it in 3:10.
Mona's turn now and she does it in 2:53.
Jennifer goes in last and for some reason goes into the other side of the dock where it's sludge. Takes a long time to get out and as a result isn't able to finish within the required time.
2nd attempt for Jennifer. She's dealing with claustrophobia and stops halfway down the first lap.

Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 08:24 PM
Max was even laughing at Katie this time.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-05-13 at 08:27 PM
Didn't seem like a particularly tough Roadblock. Until Jennifer tried it.

"FYI"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 08:25 PM
I've got the kids yowling around me and hanging out with us while we're watching TAR, so there may be times where I miss out on something during a segment. So, if you see something that is missing from one of my segments, feel free to reply and add in your own unique perspective on the happenings.

"RE: FYI"
Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 08:31 PM
Country singers have fallen far behind but finally get away from the bog.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-06-13 at 04:33 AM
What was up with the guy at the bog who told Jennifer what she was doing wrong? Have we ever seen that before? Don't teams usually have to figure out what they are doing wrong for themselves?

Posted by featherfish81 on 05-07-13 at 11:45 AM
Maybe because the clue didn't give them the specific instructions? I think the people at the roadblock were the ones who told them where to go in the first place, so he was just clarifying when she didn't understand. I suspect most of those instructions are just edited out.

"Bog race"
Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 05-05-13 at 08:31 PM

Why am I not surprised that a bunch a drunk Irishmen came up with this racing idea?

And how can you quit when you are in the final four?

PS. What is that thing with a ring?

"RE: Bog race"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-13 at 08:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beacon_of_Hope_%28sculpture%29

"Five Courses, Two Courses...no differece"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-13 at 08:33 PM
Although last night all I had for dinner was soup and dessert.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 08:41 PM
We're back with Jennifer struggling and Caroline pushing her to keep going. She gets out of the water.

The other three teams are navigating through Belfast. Max and Katie are first to find a statue that has a ring.

Detour time!
Tray it - using a menu, serve five courses in the same order that were served on the Titanic. (Belfast is where the Titanic was built)
Spray it - at an urban sports centre, spray some graffiti while copying a piece of art.

Tray it - it's a big area where you could envision where the Titanic was built. Some confusion at first as Max/Katie could only see two courses listed at first. After a while, they figured that they had to load up a tray and then run down through the docks to deliver while following a seating chart for a table.

Jennifer is now getting a pep talk and decides to try again in the bog. She barely makes it in a time of 3:43!

This is going to be a tough one for the Tray it - there's a LOT of different dishes on the table. Max and Katie have now completed their second course. Anthony thinks they have done it wrong, and as it turns out, their performance for the first course was rejected.

Mona and Beth are also doing the Tray it detour. Meanwhile, Country Singers are a bit lost and asking for directions in a shop.

Bates and Anthony have successfully completed their first course.
Max and Katie just finished their third course.
Mona and Beth had their first course rejected.
Max and Katie complete their fourth course.
Bates and Anthony - second course.
Mona and Beth again rejected with their first course.
Anthony runs through the docks and drops his entire tray.
Country Singers get really, really bad directions and end up in the middle of nowhere.
Max and Katie - fifth course rejected.
Bates and Anthony - third course completed.
Mona and Beth still don't realize their mistake as they're following the wrong menu. Rejected again.
Bates and Anthony - fourth course completed.
Country Singers - finally find the clue.
Mona and Beth rejected again.
Bates and Anthony - fifth course rejected. First sign of stress we've seen from Bates the entire race.
Max and Katie complete their fifth course and get the clue.
Bates and Anthony rejected again. Bates complaining about Anthony big time.

"Serving food"
Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 05-05-13 at 08:47 PM
I would hate to do the serving tasks, it looks so easy and yet is so hard.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 08:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-13 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

We return to the Hockey Bros battling with each other as Bates said that Anthony would be off the hockey team.

Max and Katie get the clue to tell them to go to the pit stop at Ulster Hall. Phil's golf package is pretty prominent tonight.

Mona and Beth are frustrated, trying to figure out what they're doing wrong.

Caroline and Jennifer still driving around, figuring out where to go next.

Here's Anthony with the fifth course and he's hoping it's finally correct. As Bates go off to serve, Anthony's talking about how Bates isn't happy with him. They complete the fifth course!

We've got a footrace through the streets of Belfast between Max/Katie and Bates/Anthony. Max and Katie makes it about 15-20 seconds ahead of Bates/Anthony and win a trip for two to the Dominican Republic.

Country singers having a little meltdown in their car. Meanwhile, Mona/Beth are still struggling as their deliveries aren't correct. "That is... not what these people ordered!"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 09:00 PM
Mona and Beth are now saying "stop stop, it's all wrong" so they're re-evaluating things and finally realize they didn't read the sign carefully.

Caroline and Jennifer are doing the Spray it portion of the detour and they start spraying paint.

Mona and Beth finally complete their first course! Second one now complete. Country singers still painting. Third course complete for M/B. Spray spray spray. Country singers finish painting, but the guy thinks they need to sharpen up the edges.

Mona and Beth are now done with their five courses. Caroline and Jennifer have now had their artwork approved. Editing making it look like it's very close between the two teams.

In third place is ... Mona and Beth! They break out into tears - they evidently thought they were out.

Philiminated - Caroline and Jennifer.

Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 09:02 PM
tough leg

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-05-13 at 09:07 PM
Editing tried to make it suspenseful but the sun was much brighter when Mona & Beth finished the Detour than Caroline & Jennifer leaving me to think they were much further behind.

Posted by michel on 05-05-13 at 10:35 PM
I wonder if the hockey players caused the elimination of the country singers by helping the moms. They may have never figured out the 5 courses without the mention of the list.

Posted by jbug on 05-07-13 at 10:03 AM
I agree Michel.

"Order a pint?"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-13 at 09:07 PM
Do they get to drink the pint?

"The final 3 starts now..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 09:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-13 AT 09:17 PM (EST)

In Belfast at the Ulster Hall. The final leg is now starting with Max and Katie at 5:04 am. Clue tells them to go to London, England, and find the Euston Pub and order a pint to get their next clue.

Bates and Anthony leave a minute later. They say they're really good at finding pubs. Mona and Beth are 42 minutes behind the Hockey Bros. Bates and Anthony are sad to see the country singers eliminated when they see Mona/Beth strolling onto the ferry.

We're on the ferry now and it's really, really windy.

Now we're in London. Teams find the pub and order a drink, then get a clue to tell them to go to Washington DC and find the Lincoln Memorial. Uhh, they had to take a ferry and travel to London simply to get a pint of beer to fly to the US? They've got flights from Northern Ireland to the US, don't they? Or they could very easily have saved time and money by having them go to Dublin or Shannon for a flight to the US.

We're now in Washington. Taxi time! They have to find the "I have a Dream" speech marker in the marble at the Memorial. Feels weird seeing it on TV - I was there just a month ago in that very spot where MLK stood there and gave his speech! A man is there to give them their next clue, which tells them to go to 1100 Pennsylvania Ave.

Three chaps wearing sunglasses greet the racers in front of 1100 Pennsylvania and take them inside through to have their picture taken with the President. We must maintain decorum! It's actually a solo shot then the pic inserted in with one of Obama. Clue tells them to go look for a spy and get a briefcase.

Mona and Beth seems to be a little lost, in the wrong place.

"RE: The final 3 starts now..."
Posted by Puffy on 05-06-13 at 01:06 AM
They probably wanted the teams to go to London in order to create a bunch point.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-05-13 at 09:17 PM
1100 is different from 1600

Posted by Snidget on 05-05-13 at 09:18 PM
Their math is not like our earth math.

Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 09:18 PM
I am relieved on behalf of Barack that he didn't have to meet Max.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-05-13 at 09:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-13 AT 04:42 AM (EST)

Or Katie, Has anyone ever given a phonier smile than she did in the airport to Beth & Mona?

Posted by featherfish81 on 05-05-13 at 09:20 PM
Surprised they thought they could just walk up to the White House.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-05-13 at 09:19 PM
I hope there is an actual challenge soon

Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 09:23 PM
secret agent game

didn't they do this in family race?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 09:27 PM
Bates was thoughtful enough to take his hat off for the picture to "meet" the President.

Mona and Beth have now arrived at 1100 Pennsylvania.

Max and Katie are running through the parking lot and find a marked car, the window rolls down and they receive a briefcase.

Roadblock: Spy Games.
They have to mingle through and figure out which one of the 50 spies have the right briefcase for them to swap to get their next clue. They have to ask "where can i get a good half smoke with chili?" and the agents are telling them "sorry I can't help you."

Bates and Anthony arrive a few moments after M/K. They're the first to crack the code and they have to figure out their order in New Zealand, Indonesia and Vietnam in order to have the right combination to open their briefcase. Bates opens his briefcase! Clue tells them to make their way to the home of the Nats (Washington Nationals ballclub).

Mona and Beth arrive and their password to ask is "the cherry blossoms are beautiful in April."

Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 09:29 PM
the cherry blossoms are half smoked in this weather, pass it on

Amazingly, the moms do now have a chance to overtake the newlyweds.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 09:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-13 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

Max is still running, trying to figure out what he's supposed to do, may have passed right by a guy he didn't get around to asking.

Whoa, Phil is brave to stroll in with the mascot behind home plate while a pitcher is throwing and a batter fouling off pitches!

At Nationals Park, one person has to dress up as a ball mascot while the other goes down a zipline and drop a ball for the partner to catch.

Mona/Beth gets it done and swaps her briefcase! Moments later, Max/Katie finish up. Both quickly open their briefcases. Based on the editing, Bates and Anthony have quite a big lead at this point.

Bates catch the ball from Anthony, and their next clue found on the ball tells them to go to Hains Point. They've left before the other two teams arrive at Nats Park.

Katie is second to do the zipline and Max misses the first ball dropped. Third attempt nails Max directly on the forehead.

Final challenge: Go Global. They must search through a pit and pull out globes that match the places where they've been to. Anthony says it's like Chuck E Cheese all over again.

Max gets beaned on the forehead again. Mona and Beth arrive. Max finally catches one and they're off.

Anthony is still muddling through the pit trying to find a suitable globe.

"Warning MBJA!"
Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 09:41 PM
Those are big balls.

More
Ball
Jokes
Ahead!

"RE: Warning MBJA!"
Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 09:55 PM
Katie is better at picking balls.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 09:43 PM
This Go Global challenge looks like it might be the toughest of all the match-the-places final challenges we've seen over the seasons.

Posted by byoffer on 05-05-13 at 09:46 PM
Mona and Beth playing catch - proof that there are no balls in roller derby!

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-05-13 at 09:51 PM
Not much chance to catch Anthony and Bates

Posted by Bebo on 05-05-13 at 09:53 PM
And Raleigh NC is rocking tonight to celebrate our Carolina Hurricane Bates and his brother Anthony winning The Amazing Race! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 09:53 PM
Bates and Anthony have now found two globes - Tahiti and Vietnam.

Max and Katie are now just leaving the ballpark. Moms now on their 10th attempt with the zipline and ball.

Bates and Anthony find two more locations (New Zealand and Botswana).

Mona and Beth finally connect on their 17th attempt!

Bates and Anthony now have all 10 places ... and they're correct! They get their clue to go to the finish line at Mount Vernon, which they should have no trouble with considering the other two teams haven't even arrived at the final challenge yet.

Max and Katie now at the challenge, and Max jumps in, nearly drowns in the pool of beach balls. A short time later, Mona and Beth arrive.

Bates and Anthony are in the taxi, very nervous about making sure they're going the right way.

Max and Katie are now done and on their way to Mount Vernon while Mona and Katie are still searching.

Bates and Anthony are now at Mount Vernon and they win rather easily! Your winners of the Amazing Race... Bates and Anthony Battaglia.

Max and Katie arrive in second ("we are still married"). Third are Mona and Beth - it's starting to get dark when they arrive.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 09:55 PM
Update on Dave ... he had surgery as his Achilles tendon was gone, just had stitches off and was in a walking boot. One more week before he can stop using crutches.

Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 09:59 PM
In memory of David G. Gibbs.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0316653/filmotype

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-06-13 at 04:44 AM
I suspect we are going to see Dave & Connor on a future Race.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-13 at 09:59 PM
Just a little interesting tidbit on Bates and Anthony... their grandfather was a mobster with the Chicago mafia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Battaglia

Posted by byoffer on 05-05-13 at 10:00 PM
I was happy with Bates and Anthony winning. I thought they were deserving winners, respectful of the places they visited, and had fun along the way.

But what I really want to know is... did they get the girls??

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-05-13 at 10:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-13 AT 04:43 AM (EST)

Moms would have been my first choice but I'm happy for Bates and Anthony. I would need a new TV if that ##### and his wife won. And he seems like the type who will dump her at the first sign of aging.

Posted by Bebo on 05-05-13 at 10:42 PM
Bates is co-owner of a Raleigh bar called Lucky B's that has been having weekly viewing parties. That place has got to be insane tonight.

I'm sure I'm not the only hockey fan in this area who can't stop singing "Rock Me Like a Hurricane" in honor of Bates.

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-06-13 at 08:41 AM
I figured Bates and Anthony would be burnt to a crisp by the mental challenges which were sure to come in the finale. When they pulled out their notebook and talked about their detailed commentary on the Race, at that point I knew they were a lock to win unless they lost badly at taxi lottery.

Worthy and likeable winners, indeed.

"Next Week"
Posted by dabo on 05-05-13 at 10:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-13 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

on CBS! The CBS Network will attempt to delay the Survivor Finale with ... Bull Riding! Eight seconds at a time.

"Live Interview"
Posted by Bebo on 05-05-13 at 11:15 PM
Bates and Anthony were just interviewed on the local channel and were hysterical. If they put the video up on the wral.com site, I'll post a link over here.