URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1836
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"So close, yet so far away."

Posted by Estee on 02-20-12 at 01:38 PM
Misa & Maiya: already in the Failed A Spot Check TAR Hall Of Fame.

Y'know what we should do? Get a capture of Phil's epic WTF? Face. And put it on a wall across the street from their homes. Then take bets on how long it takes them to see it.

Over/under line starts at two months.

Typical deadline for finding a lost golf ball: five minutes. (Change sports.)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: So close, yet so far away."
Posted by popeave on 02-20-12 at 05:05 PM
It was a bad sign when they took so long to complete the balloon task at the starting line. They took more than 100 minutes to check 100 balloon baskets. Assuming they found the clue in the VERY LAST basket, that still works out to over one minute per balloon. Hard to understand a team in a RACE moving that slowly searching for something.

Posted by Estee on 02-20-12 at 05:16 PM
I'll give them a bit of a pass on the time factor because there are activities in the hunt that consume seconds. It's not just moving between anchor stations (which weren't right on top of each other), it's hauling the balloons down to check level. Say each one's fifty feet up -- that's more than a few pulls on the rope, working against the lift of the helium. After a while, you're going to start tiring. But -- their words on finding the clue implied a chance that they'd been through that general area before and just missed that particular balloon. That's a little less forgivable.

Personally, if the rules had allowed it and every other team was off the field, I would have started releasing every empty balloon. It's a bad move with other Racers around (you're narrowing their field), but when you're the last pair, it keeps you from checking the same thing twice.

Posted by qwertypie on 02-21-12 at 01:08 AM
Depends if Maiya has to navigate a golf cart by a sand trap or not.

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-21-12 at 08:37 AM
We've had invisible/disappearing clue boxes in the past, but this was the first time Phil disappeared.

Posted by qwertypie on 02-21-12 at 11:49 AM
That is one mistake I would never,ever make.
Especially not after I had that chip implanted in him.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-21-12 at 12:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-12 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

Here's a couple shots of the Phil WTF face...

Mmm, maybe I'll set up a poll later on to vote on which was the better WTF face -- Phil's here or Jeff Probst when Billy announced that he was in love with Candice back in Survivor Cook Islands...