URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1826
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rock of Love"

Posted by weltek on 07-18-07 at 11:18 AM
OMG, I actually watched it...and might watch again. DamnyouVH1!

Premise: Poison's lead singer Bret Michael's is looking for love..er, I guess. His "security guard and friend" is helping him live in a mansion with lots of babes, from which he'll choose a mate.

Yet, on the first episode he keeps two of the crazy girls. Ugh. Guess he wants ratings.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rock of Love"
Posted by vince3 on 07-18-07 at 11:25 AM
I already started a thread in the "Flavor/New York" forum since it's on the same network and the same formula...........

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID108/69.shtml

Posted by weltek on 07-18-07 at 11:41 AM
Ah, I was suprised nobody had started one...guess that's why. Thanks!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 07-18-07 at 02:52 PM
He seems to know that he needs to keep the crazy in order to be a hit.

He's not exactly Mr Personality but I bet the bevy of psycho chicks will help make up for it.

Posted by ginger on 07-18-07 at 04:05 PM
Of COURSE I watched it. Charm School's over and I need my fill of women hurling names, drinks, and bodily fluids at each other. Let the Skankoff begin!

Posted by Buggy on 07-19-07 at 02:21 PM
Loved it!
Hubby and I laughed the whole hour.
I know the producers told him to keep the crazy drunk chick, they need the catfights.
The stupid blond cracked me up! " Our boyfriend won't talk to me, we are the prettiest girls here."

Watch again? Are you kidding me? I can't wait for the next episode!

( oh, and I'm not going in the Flavor of Love forum, *shudder*)

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 07-19-07 at 04:48 PM
I absolutley freaking LOVED it!!! I laughed and Laughed.....

I can see it now Charm School for the Rock of Love Skanks. hee hee

Posted by eire_heart74 on 07-19-07 at 05:03 PM
>I absolutley freaking LOVED it!!! I
>laughed and Laughed.....
>
>I can see it now Charm
>School for the Rock of
>Love Skanks. hee hee

Great idea!!!! Who could they get to host though? Would Mo get the differences between rocker groupie skanks and the ladies of Charm school?

ALthough Larrisa meeting some of these girls in some sort of interview ala New York on her show would be great entertainment.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 07-23-07 at 08:31 AM
Train wreck Tiffany is out. I guess she got "threatened with a good time" Maybe she'll hit a rehab on the way home.

Well Bret has certainly learned keep all the ones that fight. Much better tv. I think there may be more smack downs on this show than previous Flavor of Love.

And those "pajamas" must of been left over from the flavor of love series. I want to cut off all those bad extensions he has on his head. Just shave it. Bret, we know you got bad plugs. Stop doing the comb over/ do rag combo. Own your receeding hair line.

Posted by weltek on 07-24-07 at 03:30 PM
I think Bret needs to go on What Not to Wear. Stacy & Clinton would have a field day with him.

I had a *head tilt* moment when PETA chick gave him a big ol' hug while he was wearing his cow hide jacket. If Dallas had been wearing that? OMH.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 07-24-07 at 04:24 PM
>I think Bret needs to go
>on What Not to Wear.
> Stacy & Clinton would
>have a field day with
>him.

I agree! There are no lines, no structure and you know that hair stylist guy would just be shaving off the bad extensions and comb over!

>I had a *head tilt* moment
>when PETA chick gave him
>a big ol' hug while
>he was wearing his cow
>hide jacket. If Dallas had
>been wearing that? OMH.

Interesting that the woman who wants animals treated nicely and non violently just wants the girl to hit her so she can go home. HUh?

Posted by Dakota on 08-04-07 at 02:12 PM
>I want to cut off
>all those bad extensions he
>has on his head.
> Just shave it.
> Bret, we know you
>got bad plugs.
> Stop doing the comb
>over/ do rag combo.
> Own your receeding hair
>line.

He's a great looking guy who needs an episode of "Blow Out". Guys in the midwest would rather freeze their ears off than wear those fugly knit caps and here's this rocker in the Hollywood Hills wearing it as a fashion statement. Huh?

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

"7/29 episode"
Posted by weltek on 07-30-07 at 10:12 AM
OMH, what an entertaining episode! The motorcross race was so funny. Dallas was crazy!!! Rodeo did kick some butt at the end.

I like Rodeo, but just CANNOT see her with Brett, as she seems in a different world. Plus, I keep getting distracted by her wrinkly face when she gives any expression.

Lacey is NUTS! Talk about potential psycho-ex possibilities. I laughed at how Rodeo put the proverbial smack down on her.

I like Magdelina (sp?), however, I doubt she'll last much longer. Heather and Brett are probably the best fit, but I doubt it would last for too long.

The rest, I see only as entertainment.

"RE: 7/29 episode"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 07-30-07 at 12:10 PM

>Lacey is NUTS! Talk about
>potential psycho-ex possibilities. I laughed
>at how Rodeo put the
>proverbial smack down on her.

Go Rodeo!!! Damn that chick opened a can of whoop ##### on her. Awesome!!

Lacey is insane. She is also a hypocrit for just glossing over Bret wearing head to toe leather but is bothered by Dallas wearing it? Who cares? I'll give Dallas credit when she said "i'm not hear to date you" She was right.

Personally I felt Lacey should of been kicked out because she clearly started it but Bret isn't stupid and he knows crazy keeps us all watching.

Posted by Dakota on 08-04-07 at 02:08 PM
I couldn't sleep one night. I surfed the TV instead of the Net. I found this show. I'm hooked.

I thought Dallas was the crazy one, not Lacey. I laugh everytime I even THINK "Miss Hooters of 2002". I think Rodeo is a mental case and we'll see that soon.

Some great lines:

Let's put our boobs together. We think better that way.

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME. YOU'RE DEAD TO ME.

She might make passionate love to me. Or she might kill me in my sleep.

Posted by arkiegrl on 08-04-07 at 07:13 PM
The Rock of Love drinking game:
Every time Bret says "I'm horny", take a drink. I would suggest taking a drink every time someone on the show does, but I wouldn't want any of you to die from alcohol poisoning.

Posted by Dakota on 08-05-07 at 09:55 AM
Throw in "it's a turn on" and prepare for rehab.

Posted by rjrabbit on 08-05-07 at 07:39 PM
Love the sho. I'm hooked. Can't say I'm glad to see rodeo go. She's gone so it doesn't matter anyway. Liked the way Brett walked her to the door.

Posted by weltek on 08-06-07 at 10:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-07 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

Rodeo became a little nuts this episode. I never loved her, but she seemed mature, so I didn't mind having her around. Then the crazy kid stuff hit. Her lyrics to the song were HORRIBLE! I agree, Bret did a very kind thing the way he let her go.

I would like to see him end up with Magdelina. I think they'd be a good fit. I thought Heather might be a good match, but she's frankly being a little immature and won't exactly be a good influence on his life or his kids.

Ok, one last thing I must note. Erin was wearing this tank top/cami at the begining of this episode that DID NOT fit right. It cut her oobies off mid-oob. They looked like they were being strangled and veins were popping. So very, very gross.

I'm loving this show.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-06-07 at 11:07 AM
>
>I'm loving this show.

As am I! Can't get enough of the insanity that is this show!!

Yep Rodeo really couldn't keep a cap on her crazy much longer. I'm kind of glad Bret showed her the door because you know she wasn't going to be much fun to watch if all she did was cry. And cry. And cry. Zzzzzzzzzzz fest.

"Catty Moment!!"
Posted by weltek on 08-06-07 at 12:29 PM
And you know how some people are cute when they cry? Well, Rodeo is not one of those people. /end catty moment

"RE: Catty Moment!!"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-06-07 at 01:17 PM
>And you know how some people
>are cute when they cry?
>Well, Rodeo is not one
>of those people. /end catty
>moment

Nope she goes right to "ugly cry" rather quickly. Perhaps Bret realized that she was a flower about to snap and gently led her away from him. Mainly to protect his do rag collection from being boiled like a bunny ala Fatal Attraction style.

Posted by Dakota on 08-06-07 at 03:24 PM
First I watched BB with tears from Jen, Amber and D!ck. Then I watched this, watched Rodeo's meltdown. So I went to Ice Road Truckers, hoping that there'd be no crying. Relief at last. Then I turned on the night's repeat of Design Star. More crying. I almost canceled my cable account.

I liked Rodeo the first episode. After that I saw a mental case. Bret handled it well. I'm surprised he's not showing more interest in Lacey since he seemed to like her initially. Heather might be a little too wild and Sam is going high maintenance on the emotional side. Love this show!

Oh, and Erin's Hooters are much too big for her, not just her clothes.

Posted by Estee on 08-06-07 at 05:04 PM
On the one hand, I really want to rise up on behalf of The Last Group In America That Can Be Freely Discriminated Against Without Reprecussion and say something here.

On the other, I'm really starting to wonder if anyone on this show owns a full blouse.

There are many, many body types. And apparently every last one of them will be wearing the exact same clothing style.

Posted by Dakota on 08-06-07 at 09:24 PM
The previews for next week say something about Heather being on Surreal Life. I read over on VH1's message board that she was one of the strippers that Vanilla Ice went ballistic over. I don't know what season that was, but maybe someone here watches Surreal Life and remembers? The other women in the house are claiming that Heather just wants TV exposure (no pun intended) and fame, not Bret.

Posted by weltek on 08-07-07 at 10:26 AM
It was interesting to see that brought up. Vanilla Ice was actually pissed off that strippers came into his room and laid on his bed (one of the reward nights was a strip club at the Surreal Life Mansion grounds). He was worried about what his wife would think. He started throwing crap, insulting the strippers and yelling.

Posted by Dakota on 08-08-07 at 05:15 PM
So she's a dancer who got this gig on Surreal Life before the Big Bret Bashoff and that means she doesn't want him? She seems to be genuinely interested in him. Maybe there's more to the upcoming "story line", if you want to call it that. OMH, I'm having some sort of anxiety attack thinking he's going to end up with Erin.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-08-07 at 06:52 PM
Bret did a mini interview in last week's People magazine saying he basically went into this looking for someone to date, not a girlfriend. I think he even knew that this was a career move with some benefits of girls throwing themselves at him just to get their 15 minutes.

Of course he also said he wears the do rags to keep the sweat off his face when performing. (I guess he's always "performing") and to keep a gypsy like vibe going.

The only vibe I get is balding guy who can't admit he got bad plugs and is trying to hide his bad extensions.

Posted by Dakota on 08-09-07 at 04:49 PM
That tells us that Sam is a goner. He even said last week that he didn't want to let her go YET. She's lookin' for LVOE! As for his hair, I say WASH IT AND COMB IT DAMMIT! I hate guys who want long hair but won't take proper care of it.

He says we'll probably never know what went on in that room. Any bets on that?

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-09-07 at 04:53 PM
>>for LVOE! As for
>his hair, I say WASH
>IT AND COMB IT DAMMIT!
> I hate guys who
>want long hair but won't
>take proper care of it.

And then put it back on the wig holder head at the end of the night so the style can set properly!

Posted by arkiegrl on 08-10-07 at 10:20 PM
Dakota, you've got to catch one of the many airings of The Soup this weekend. Joel shows a clip from this week, focusing on Brandi M at the party, where she looks like she's going to barf. The reason he gives for that? She just saw Bret without his doo-rag. LOL!

Posted by Dakota on 08-10-07 at 10:37 PM
I'll have to CHECK HIM OUT.

Posted by Dakota on 08-10-07 at 10:40 PM
I was looking for spoilers and this is about all I found

Posted by Dakota on 08-13-07 at 05:04 PM
So you didn't watch Bret, sickened by too much drinking, go to bed early while Brandy M (BM) spewed Champagne on Magdalena? Do you not want to discuss Erin & Erin (thats an Erin for each soccer ball) wishing they could go home because Justin Timberlake was going to be at the club? You didn't see Jess and Heather battling in the mud for MVP and a solo date with Bret? Well those are the highlights. The cliffhanger was Heather and Erin-Erin were nominated for elimination. The trashy moment was Bret commenting that Erin-Erin might be using him to put another notch on her bedpost and adamantly announcing that HE PUTS THE NOTCHES ON THE BEDPOST, not the women. (This is where you don't have to be hungover to want to vomit. Gu-head. Come back and read more later.) Another highlight was the announcement by Jess that Bret is a really good kisser. Women the world over slept better last night knowing that. Another highlight was someone ripping off Heather's pants while she ran for a touchdown. Bret noted that Heather just can't seem to keep her clothes on. But one of the cutest little events in the house was Erin knocking on Bret's door to discuss the notches thing, him blowing her off, then closing the door and going back to sit on the couch in his room with Lacey, who had been there the whole time. Ok, if you didn't watch it and don't want to see any one of the 20 or more replays this week, Erin was eliminated. She announced afterwards that she has LOTS of guys back in Chicago and she's been with better celebs than Bret. She also ranted about Heather being a 32 year old stripper, although she failed to mention that the 32 year old stripper still has the body for it. She is certain that the 32 year old stripper will end up being a 60 year old stripper living in a trailer park with 4 kids and an overweight husband, before leaving to rejoin all those men and celebs back in Chi-town.
Next week: The girls learn to use that pole and I'll just bet that Bret tells us it's a turn on and he's horny.

Posted by arkiegrl on 08-14-07 at 07:56 AM
What? Bret saying something is a turn on and that he's horny? Are you crazy? He would never say something like that, would he?

I'm just waiting on Heather and Lacey to turn on each other. That will be quite entertaining.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-14-07 at 01:07 PM
>I'm just waiting on Heather and
>Lacey to turn on each
>other. That will be quite
>entertaining.

Absolutely. I love this whole "in it together" thing that they have going on. Let's get to that backstabbing ratting on each other fight. can't wait.

Posted by Dakota on 08-14-07 at 10:18 PM
I'm so happy to know that there are two people other than me watching this train wreck! I love you guys!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-20-07 at 06:51 AM
I'm starting to think it will be a dead heat between Brandi and Jess.

Posted by Kitty Von Tess on 08-20-07 at 01:33 PM
My favorite so far is Jess, she seems the most personable, level-headed and sane....therefore 100% too good for Bret. She should cut and run while she can, before she becomes the next Hoopz.

As for the elimination ceremony get-ups of Heather...wow. Lay off the Aqua Net and bronzer.

Posted by weltek on 08-20-07 at 01:36 PM
I hear ya. I think Heather CAN look cute, but usually just looks 80s stripperesque.

I have high hopes for Jes.

Posted by brvnkrz on 08-20-07 at 03:07 PM
If Brett doesn't want Jess, I will take her. *swoon*

RIP, Bill Walsh

Posted by weltek on 08-20-07 at 03:19 PM
Well, we don't know how SHE feels about lesbians, however we know that Brandi will kick you out of bed afterwards.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-20-07 at 08:55 PM
>I hear ya. I think Heather
>CAN look cute, but usually
>just looks 80s stripperesque.
>
>I have high hopes for Jes.
>

Is it really her look or do you think she's just playing that up? Trying to remind Bret of his glory days of long gone by?

Nah, I don't think she's clever enough to pull that off

Posted by Dakota on 08-21-07 at 11:32 PM
>My favorite so far is Jess,
>she seems the most personable,
>level-headed and sane....therefore 100% too
>good for Bret. She
>should cut and run while
>she can, before she becomes
>the next Hoopz.
>
>As for the elimination ceremony get-ups
>of Heather...wow. Lay off
>the Aqua Net and bronzer.
>

No I'm not stalking you. Are you stalking me? Have another fruit basket.

Jess does seem level headed, although her roots need some work. Didn't think they were there long enough for that. Sam needs an intervention. Lacey needs to sell herself instead of trashing others. Heather seems pretty down to earth, intelligent and classy, but I agree that the hair and makeup are for the Scores! stage, not real life. A bit overdone. Brandi, not so sure about her yet and Mia just seems too low key to be a rock n roll babe. We'll see what Bret thinks soon enough.

Posted by Kitty Von Tess on 08-21-07 at 11:52 PM
LOL - Clearly we're watching the same shows, Dakota!

I have to respectfully disagree that Heather is anywhere near "classy", she strikes me as standard-issue trailer trash. BTW - are those dentures or veneers she's sporting? Her teeth look very fake...This Kitty is being very Catty, but I guess that's why we watch, right?

Lacey's insecurity is palpable; it's why she's always looking to orchestrate the demise of others rather than focusing on her "relationship" with Bret.

Sam makes me sad, and I really would have liked to see Bret cut her loose for her own emotional stability. I don't blame her for not wanting to share with a house full-o-skanks, but she could walk out at any time on her own.

Posted by weltek on 08-22-07 at 09:51 AM
I think the classy=heather comment was completely sarcastic...

Posted by Dakota on 08-24-07 at 10:36 AM
I think Heather is intelligent. She needs to clean it up though. In a big way. And I'm not talking about the stripping.

Posted by EcilaSrennah on 08-24-07 at 01:11 AM
I love-love-love this show. It's like the white version of Flavor of Love, but the guy they're all fighting after is actually good-looking.

What I think of the chicks who got kicked off (or, some of them):

Rodeo: Freakin' nutcase!! Thank god she went home. "That's why I wear my cowboy hat.. that's why.. children love me..." *snif snif* AUGH! Scary as ****.

Dallas: She was damn sexy, but a total b****. I also highly doubt she was ever interested in Bret.

Tamara: This chick confused me. I think she just got really, really nervous around Bret, or else she was doing heavy drugs. She really didn't make any sense when she spoke, but in her after-elimination-interview, she almost sounded intelligent.

Brandi C: I was so, SO sad to see her go home! She was one of my favorite girls. She may not have been smart, but she was genuine and loveable. I think she was one of the few girls really there to be with Bret, and he sent her home--sadly, a date with Sam would make ANYONE look young and immature.

Erin: I hope she got to bang Justin Timberlake.

Magdalena: I liked her, not a huge amount, but enough. Still, she gave me oodles of enjoyment when everyone was inhaling helium and, when she did--she sounded like a normal girl! Ahaha.. ha.... ah...

As for the girls left in the house?

Mia: He keeps holding on to her because he doesn't know her that well--so why didn't he keep a bunch of other girls for that reason? She bores me, I almost forget she's on the show. They may be keeping her because she's the only brunette left (Lacey doesn't count). I can't see her being with Bret.

Lacey: Crazy! I initially liked her a lot, and I admire her love for the animals, but it does seem hypocritical for her to want to be with a guy who hunts, eats meat, and wears leather. I can't see her being with Bret.

Heather: Strippertastic! I think, honestly, she would make the best choice for Bret, because she won't be super-upset when he dumps her a few weeks after the show ends. For her sake, though, I hope he doesn't pick her, and I hope she gets an "I love Heather" show or something. I can't see her being with Bret.

Jes: Note, people, her name is spelled with ONE S. I think this girl is ridiculously beautiful. Her face is perfect, she has a great body, and her hair is freakin' fantastic. Still, I don't think she's all that interested in Bret, and when it comes down to it, I don't think she's laid-back enough for him--we'll see, though, maybe she has more to show. I can't see her being with Bret.

Brandi M: I love this girl. I think she's smokin' hot, and I love her accent. "Take that stick out of your #####, Richard, it was a joke." That cracked me up. I think Bret should date Brandi and keep Jes around for both himself and Brandi. They would have hot threesomes. I think Brandi would get along well with his lifestyle, and she seems both laid-back and sincere. She's the one I think could have the most stable relationship with Bret, and if he picks her, I think they'd stay together for a while. I can see her being with Bret.

Sam: I have a soft spot for this girl. When I saw the first episode, I was convinced that he would pick her in the end. When you see has-been rock stars on Cribs, their wife is always hot, but not ridiculously hot, and they seem like intelligent, calm girls. What I'm trying to say is, if Bret ever goes on Cribs, I can easily picture Sam being out on the porch, being introduced as his wife, then fading quietly into the background. I think if Bret quit the show and spent a few weeks with her, they'd be engaged by the end of it. Still, I don't think he's looking for marriage, and I think she wants too serious a commitment from him. I can see her being with Bret, but I don't think it'll happen.

Am I right? We'll see.

Posted by Dakota on 08-24-07 at 10:33 AM
Sam has serious issues. My goodness she's fallen in love, been betayed and decided to walk out the door. And she's only had one date.

Posted by rjrabbit on 08-25-07 at 08:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-07 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

I agree that Brandi M is the best fit for him. What guy can resist a girl with the nickname blow job Brandi.
Sam is just sad. She is much too possessive to fit into his life. I predict she will be gone soon.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-27-07 at 12:11 PM
Well Mia finally got the boot which is good cause really she was a human prop in the background at this point. She added nothing to the show.

But now all the crazys are contained into one little neat bunch. Let the cat fighting begin!

Posted by Dakota on 08-28-07 at 09:49 PM
Other than showing Bret that she could shoot him from 20 yards, Mia was a non-entity. She may not have known her days were numbered, but we did.

Why on earth they dressed Brandi M up like an ugly old guy for the photo shoot goes to show that alcohol really does kill brain cells and at a faster rate than we had thought.

So glad they showed footage of Heather hanging upside down on the stripper pole in a thong showing her goodies to the camera. On that same note, when they were dressing for dinner and showed Heather putting on makeup, I found myself shouting STOP! NOW!

Lacey is about to have a melt down. Not just crying like in the previews, but a real meltdown. This is just my opinion, no spoiler here.

Sam has had repeated meltdowns and her 347 applications for the Bachelor and Beauty and the Geek have both been denied for this very reason. We see from previews this trend continues.

Jes is looking good, but she is young and doesn't have the life experience or oobies of Heather. I say these two go to the final two. I think Heather will win.

Doesn't anyone have spoilers?

Posted by weltek on 08-30-07 at 03:44 PM
On that same note, when they were dressing for dinner and showed Heather putting on makeup, I found myself shouting STOP! NOW!

LOL! So true, so true.

Posted by weltek on 08-30-07 at 03:42 PM
I agree. Poor Mia is a nice, pretty girl, but was just indeed a prop. As Bret said, "Too little, too late."

Hopefully Lacey will be the next to go. I cannot WAIT to see the day she gets the boot. I think Heather and Jes will be the final two. Sam is kind of getting on my last nerve. Brandi is growing on me, but isn't relationship material.

Posted by toddE on 08-31-07 at 08:31 PM
who's left?

Heather. Yes, she is the best fit. Like she said, she's the female him. But that is not so hot, since he has shown himself to be a dimwit. And Heather is a nasty, nasty skank.

Jes. Frankly, she's way too good for him, despite her unfortunate dye job.

Sam. Yes, she's the wife material, but I doubt Bret wants a wife out of ths.

Brandi. She's not a bad match, either, but she's more of a post-show hookup than winner, I think.

Lacey. She's a nutcase Omarosa type, maybe working it for the cameras. She's hoping for her own show after ths, I suppose.

Posted by maryellennaco on 09-04-07 at 11:24 PM
Bret's REALLY showing us how brilliant he is by kicking Sam to the curb this week. Especially after his "super fans" ALL told him the numbnut Lacey was a loon. Personally, I'd like to rip that lip ring off her ugly face!!

And speaking of stoooooopid, Heather went and got Bret's name tatooed on the back of her neck. He probably thinks that's "waaaaaaaaaaaay cool" but I'm thinking she was real drunk.

Sigh* I guess this show is ranking right up there with Flavor of Love.

More wine please!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-05-07 at 08:05 AM
Heather gets the "Dumb #####" award of the year! Oh my god. Getting a tattoo of a guy you barely know. Yeah, really wise! That's why she's perfect for him because

How many people need to tell you that Lacey is psycho!?!?!?!! And she's still there and let me tell ya her "sad upset " face, not so nice to look at. Like kind of like Chucky.

Posted by LisaPles on 09-05-07 at 04:01 PM
I'm glad to have found some other people who are watching this train wreck.
I can't wait to tune in to next week's booze (barf) fest!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-05-07 at 06:54 PM
>I'm glad to have found some
>other people who are watching
>this train wreck.
>I can't wait to tune in
>to next week's booze (barf)
>fest!

Yeah I better have a dry stomach while watching that one. It could get ugly!

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 09-06-07 at 09:04 AM
Gah, the producers need to let Lacey go already. The only reason she is still there is for "drama" and noone can convince me otherwise. I hate it when the producers do this. She's not attractive, has a serial killer personality, and everyone hates her except Heather but that's because the 80's stripper droid was programmed to like her. There is not one single reason for Brett to be keeping her around except that he's told to.

A Sharnina Creation

Posted by Tiggertramp on 09-07-07 at 04:01 PM
I COMPLETELY agree with you!

Lacey is only on this show and still getting the 'backstage pass' thing because she makes good TV. People love to hate her. I wish it was not so obvious that the producers are wetting their pants over her and begging for her to stay, while keeping her until 'last pick' to increase the drama.

Whatever. I can not help but watch this train wreck.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Posted by Dakota on 09-09-07 at 11:44 AM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER FOR tonight's episode,
Sunday, 9-9-07. I just watched it; it was on
at 11:00 EDT.

Brandi M gets drunk, vomits during dinner, looks up from the toilet and tells Bret she loves him. Next morning, she tells the girls she doesn't want to waste anyone's time, she's not the girl for him. Then tells Bret she wants to be more than friends, yada yada. Elimination: Brandi M removes herself saying she can't open up to him. Bret was pissed off, feeling she had been lying to him, playing him. Looking good for Jess. If she doesn't stay with him, I want to know where she works (she's a hair stylist, right?). I don't think much of her hair, but I'd bet she's good.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-10-07 at 07:25 AM
Is Heather so clueless to realize that by not at least pretending to concerned about Brandi's possible booze poisoning that she made herself look like a selfish #####? Although I understood her frustration with his comparing her to a former girlfriend because her stripping career, she really just look liked she sees nothing but dollar signs when she looks at him.

Go team Jess!!!

I would of said Jes and Heather in the final two but Bret seems to love keeping Lacey and nutty ways around. It was refreshing to see Lacey have absolutely nothing to say about her own drunken behavior being some sort of part of her master plan. Even she couldn't spin that to make that look good.

"So..."
Posted by SherpaDave on 09-10-07 at 03:20 PM
at this point, who do we actually want to win? I really like Jes, but I don't want her to win--she's waaaaaay too good for this guy. And, even as much as a loser as Bret is, I'm not sure I'd feel good about inflicting Lacey on anyone. Which pretty much leaves Heather, and that's not actually a bad choice. Bret's clearly in love with himself, and Heather kind of looks like him.

"RE: So..."
Posted by Estee on 09-10-07 at 04:20 PM
The first rule of VH1 reality dating shows:

If failing to produce a winner could potentially lead to Season #2, no one will win Season #1.

I have references.

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-10-07 at 10:09 PM
scenario 1: Bret chooses Lacey, discovers she's a nutjob, does Rock of Love 2; Jes gets her own show.

scenario 2: Bret chooses Jes, who decides she can do much better, and Bret does RoL2, Jes has a show, and Lacey has a show because she's the RoL version of New York.

Posted by Dakota on 09-10-07 at 11:43 PM
Hey, all that drinking and stripping have brought out some members of the RTVW "A" team: Sherp, Estee and Arkie.

I think Heather's the best match for him, but she can be cold and is showing how annoyed she is with everything right now. I like Jess, but I see him making her 2nd or 3rd or 4th behind everyone and everything else. Not that she's a doormat, but I think his ego needs a stronger ego to balance. Heather. Heather described Lacey's mentality to a T: groupie. Lacey is more impressed with Bret than in love with him.

Posted by maryellennaco on 09-10-07 at 11:48 PM
With you there, Arkie! One way or another,we're going to be subjected to these three (or four) until wepoke our own eyes out with a sharp stick.

On a whole other note, speaking of DAW's....

Notice who's on Dr. Phil in the coming weeks?

Chris Knight and Andrianne....

Oh yeah, they're having marriage trouble.. Who'd a thunk it??

Posted by Dakota on 09-10-07 at 11:49 PM
And Big John will do a show about running interference for a rock star.

Posted by toddE on 09-11-07 at 01:30 PM
Based on previous shows of this genre, I'd have to predict that Jes wins, their relationship goes nowhere and Jes is never heard from again.

Lacey, being the total psycho kept on for drama, gets some unwatchably hideous program of her own.

Leaving Heather out in the cold. Although she is clearly the best, nay--only, match for Bret, she is not being edited to "win" a la Hoops and Delishus, nor is she a "New York" type lunatic.

Posted by Whatsreal on 09-11-07 at 07:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-07 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

LOL, what a great prediction Todd! I haven't watched in a while, last time I watched, the pale blonde with all the Tats got dismissed. I liked her though, but she was too much of a good girl for Brett.

So what's next??? Country Love? LOL

"RE: Meet the Parents"
Posted by Dakota on 09-16-07 at 01:39 PM
I just watched the 11:00 a.m. EDT airing. Since some of you watch this in the evening, I won't spoil. Then again, we're not all rushing to this thread 3 times a day looking for updates or anything else, so maybe it doesn't matter. But I'll be coy anyway.

Parents show up. Four are cool. Two are not.
Bret gets grilled. The word "pre-nup" is bandied about.
Bret asks the girl where her daddy got the idea he needed someone else's money.
Turns out one of these girls isn't actually earning a living.
One daddy can't get enough of Heather's goodies.
One woman goes ballistic on another.
One daddy has a talk with Bret about his daughter being verbally assaulted by another.
Bret concludes that 2 women are comfortable with their parents and one is a fraud.
Bret remembers he met one of these fathers once before.
One girl goes home.

If I could make this whole post bounce, I would, to honor Heather's debut on a mechanical bull.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-17-07 at 07:51 AM
Wasn't it nice of Lacey's dad to bring his own shovel to dig his daughter's grave? My lord everything he ever said was just her freaking undoing. I don't blame Heather for calling her out on that stuff. I say she got what she had coming.

Posted by Sues on 09-17-07 at 07:38 PM
I would very much like them to do a show of Lacey's Dad watching the show....so he can see that his daughter lasted so long not because of her intellect but because of her endless ability to put out....fun!

Jess...way too good, too young and too pretty for aging hair (less?) brett...

Heather...she can drink, she can hang and she'll bring her own pole! winner!!

Posted by Dakota on 09-21-07 at 00:23 AM
>I would very much like
>them to do a show
>of Lacey's Dad watching
>the show....so he can see
>that his daughter lasted so
>long not because of her
>intellect but because of her
>endless ability to put out....fun!

Ain't that the truth!

>Jess...way too good, too young and
>too pretty for aging hair
>(less?) brett...

I agree about Jess. I don't know that she'd last long with him. I see her as looking for more stability than she'd get with Bret, but who knows. Still a little too young for him, although she seems more mature than the average 23 year old.

Bret does have hair under there. If they re-play the "Talk Dirty to Me" episode, there's a shot of him in jammies without any head attire. Couldn't tell if he's thinning out up there, but he does have hair.

>Heather...she can drink, she can
>hang and she'll bring her
>own pole! winner!!

I think that she and Bret could work. They've both had their time out in the world, sowing the oats, and might both be ready to do monogamous, yet both know how the game is played. I liked when Jess's father, commenting on Heather's tirade about Lacey's b.s., asked Heather's dad if she got that from him. Heather's dad said "Well, Yea!" LOL

Posted by weltek on 09-18-07 at 05:37 PM
WORD, Erie. The nut sure didn't fall far from the tree, did it? I've met men like Lacey's dad and HATE them.

Good for Heather calling her out. Although, yeah, a little inappropriate bringing her dad into the argument.

The previews don't look great for Jes. I'm a little surprised.

Posted by Reality TV Junkie on 09-19-07 at 05:14 AM
I am so glad Lacey is gone. I couldn't stand her. And in the end of her time on the show it appears that all she did was lie. She claimed to be a struggling musician and come to find out daddy is rich and she is living off her investments. And talk of a prenup? What was up with that? Daddy thought she was a good girl, just wait till he sees the show. Just like Heather said "Your dad is going to die". I didn't like Lacey from the beginning. I liked how Lacey also told her parents as they were leaving that she would call them later with the good news and she was sent home. I liked Rodeo the best but she left a while back. I like both Heather and Jes so it is hard to say who I would like to see win. I think I am rooting more for Jes though.

Posted by Dakota on 09-21-07 at 00:27 AM
Daddy thought Bret was after Lacey's money, while Lacey is acting like she's a struggling musician. Yea, Dad, Bret's doing this show to find some rich girl to latch on to. Bwaaaahahahahahaha! I don't know how rich Bret is, but I loved his reaction to the whole thing when he confronted Lacey.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-19-07 at 10:51 AM

>Good for Heather calling her out.
>Although, yeah, a little inappropriate
>bringing her dad into the
>argument.
>
>The previews don't look great for
>Jes. I'm a little surprised.

Yeah Heather kind of crossed a line by saying things about her dad the way she did. But she's never tried to pretend to be a professional diplomat so I'll give her that one. LOL

As much as I like Jes, I'm begining to think she won't be picked.

Posted by Sues on 09-21-07 at 10:53 PM
I don't know....if you show up at an aging rock-stars 'house' where you're precious little princess is vying for his love against a bunch of other women.....and there's a stripper pole on the premises....ya'll can't expect a world according to Emily Post....

Posted by rjrabbit on 09-24-07 at 09:08 PM
I finally caught the episode on my Tivo
YEAH! flipping fantastic! Lacey is gone!! Ding dong the witch is dead!!
I don't care who wins, I'm just glad it won't be Lacey!! Jes may be a little too guarded to win. Brett has had prior bad experiences with strippers. I just hope he ends up happy with Heather or Jes although I wouldn't mind "Rock of Love 2".

Posted by maryellennaco on 09-23-07 at 05:14 PM
I'm betting on Heather. She's the perfect match for Bret. They should get married immediately, and get a pole installed in the master bedroom.

While gorgeous, I think Jess is just too young. JMHO

Posted by Sues on 09-24-07 at 09:39 PM
oh...I think a round two is a possibility...I mean, do we really think he'll *stay* with any of them?

Posted by Reality TV Junkie on 09-26-07 at 04:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-07 AT 04:44 AM (EST)

I watched the "Clip Show" this past Sunday of stuff we didn't see and Lacey who is all for PETA was ripping the chicken apart that they threw at her when she went streaking. Even if it is dead that was just plain wrong. She was just ripping the raw chicken apart.

I think Big John is hot.

"RE: Rock of Love "
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-30-07 at 11:20 PM
What are the odds that next week on the reunion show, we find out that Heather has had her "Bret" tattoo covered up?

"RE: Rock of Love "
Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-01-07 at 07:20 AM
>What are the odds that next
>week on the reunion show,
>we find out that Heather
>has had her "Bret" tattoo
>covered up?

No Doubt! I am sure she'll have her big hair up in a up do to show off what she replaced it with.

Man can you say bitter???

Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-01-07 at 08:28 AM
Looks like we haven't seen the last of Lacey.... Taken from her myspace blog.

I;'m sorry but she's no "New York" There better not be a whole Lacey hour dating show. Maybe rock and roll charm school?

LACEY’S BEEN ELIMINATED FROM ROCK OF LOVE...NOW WHAT?

Hey Everyone,

So as you know, last Sunday I was eliminated from "Rock of Love". But don't fret! You know me! I'm not going away that easily! Haha! First of all, this Sunday, September 23, there will be a recap of the entire "Rock of Love" season, and they'll throw in some scenes that didn't make the first cut. So that will be fun.

Secondly, I've been talking to the producers of "Rock of Love" (51 Minds), and I don't think they're quite done with me yet! More than likely, you will be seeing me again on Vh1 in the not-so-distant future. Everything's still in the beginning stages of planning, so that's all I can tell you for now. But I will definitely keep you informed.

Thirdly, it has just been confirmed that I will the host of the new TV show "The Chronicles of Rock". This is going to be an exciting new show about living the life of up-and-coming rock bands. Go here to check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/bws

And please show them some love about choosing me as the host of this new show!

And lastly, check out my rescue group, "New Dawn Pet Rescue" on PetFinder.com (as seen on Animal Planet). Go to:

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CA1248.html

and click on "Our Adoptable Pet List" to see what little furry guys I have available for adoption.

Thanks again everyone, for the tremendous support you've been giving me. I truly appreciate it. Ya'll f-ing ROCK!!!

Cheers,

Lacey

Posted by maryellennaco on 10-01-07 at 07:18 PM
Jeez, it took poor Heather THAT long to figure out she'd had Bret's name tatooed on her BODY?? WTF is up with that chick?

Oh yeah, I forgot....

Posted by rjrabbit on 10-01-07 at 09:51 PM
I'm really happy with the outcome. I just want Bret to be happy and I thinnk he made the right choice. I wish them nothing but the best!

Posted by Dakota on 10-01-07 at 10:42 PM
I'm glad Bret chose Jess as she seemed the most level headed. She is young though and I have to wonder if she'll get tired of being the Rocker Girlfriend and start wanting to do something more substantial. After all in her short 23 years, she worked her way up from receptionist to bartender to Rock Star Girlfriend. Talk about a go-getter. Of the emotional wrecks chosen for this show, she was definitely the best. Now, she gets to test Bret.

See, Bret hasn't been tested. Bret had Big John eliminate 5 women who passed the cut to get to LA, packed their bags, flew to LA and drove into the hills and stood there never getting to see Bret. Ignorant and disrespectful. If the Bachelors can do it (25 women), certainly an aging rock star can. Bret was on Fox News talking about chemistry and liking Lacey's body and attraction and physical and then mumbled something about friends. Bret tells us early that Rock n Roll comes first. His career. He says he likes football and wants a girl who does too. He says he likes motorcycles and wants a girl who does too. So far, this has all been Bret. Bret wants, Bret likes, Bret needs. He doesn't talk to Heather about her plans, desires or goals, he grills her about whether or not she's going to get bored being a tag-a-long. He decides to take Heather to get that tatoo she mentioned, and she probably thought he wouldn't do that if he didn't want her to stick around. #####. He holds the hand of a drunken wild woman on the floor of a bathroom instead of getting her out of there and letting everyone else enjoy the evening. He listens to Lacey's father complain about Heather but no one calls out Lacey's father for not leaving the bedroom when he saw that Heather was unclothed. Not classy. Creepy. He keeps Lacey around because he likes her body. He chooses Jess because he realizes this is what "he" needs. He never ever mentions what any of the women need or want, but he knows they want him. In other words, he showed more concern for a drunken woman on the floor of the bathroom than anyone else on the show. He tells us HE'S THE ONE WHO PUTS THE NOTCHES ON THE BEDPOST, not the women. Dear Bret: It's 2007, not 1907. The women get dressed up lookin' purty and he wears his uniform of jeans, t-shirt and doodie rag. Seems like a decent guy when compared to Tommy Lee, seems to be drug and alcohol free, but like him and Lacey, I was mostly impressed by his body.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

Posted by Dakota on 10-01-07 at 10:43 PM
Wanted to add that I loved this show.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

"RE: Rock of Love Reunion"
Posted by arkiegrl on 10-03-07 at 11:39 PM
I just pulled this from VH1's website about the upcoming reunion:
It's reunion time and Bret has gathered all of his ladies for one more night of bawling and brawling. Two of the girls reveal that they have not only moved in together, but that they're sharing the same bed. And then things get even hotter as the girls confront the house troublemaker over past wrongs and host Riki Rachtman has to step in to save Bret from the emotional attack from one contestant who feels that she was used and then cast aside by the rocker. But the biggest sparks fly when Bret is reunited with his "Rock of Love" winner for the very first time since the finale 6 months ago.

It's a sickness, I know, but I.Can't.Wait! I'm guessing the "emotional attack" comes from Heather.

"RE: Rock of Love Reunion"
Posted by rjrabbit on 10-04-07 at 08:30 PM
Thanks Arkie! I can't wait for the reunion show either. I bet you're right about Heather. I bet the "confront the house troublemaker" is Lacey. Can't wait to see that. I'm really curious about which two are sharing a bed!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-08-07 at 06:55 AM
What an amazingly tame reunion show! Everyone saying "I'm Sorry" No shoes flying. No fist fights. No bouncers carrying women off stage because they keep trying to beat down a rival. Lots of hugs. No streams of curses. My god these ladies were almost polite!

Jes and Bret no more or more likely never were...not a big shock. Guess he'll be back next season.

Posted by Buggy on 10-09-07 at 09:29 AM
Way too much Lacey on that reunion show.
What an insincere little twat she is.
And her band sucked.

They barely gave Jes 3 minutes.
I wasn't much of a Heather fan, but thought she looked really good, and I believe she really cares about Bret.

I think he'll end up dating Heather for awhile , Jes seemed like she was over it and would rather be friends.

I definately see a season 2 coming next summer.
I wouldn't be surprised if VH1 gave Lacey her own dating show, they don't seem to get the 'hate' part of 'love to hate'.

Posted by mia rules18 on 10-10-07 at 02:03 PM
First of all, 6 Months is Way too long to make two people wait to see each other. I think the Bachelor is like 4 months and that's tough, but 6 months for people who just decided they like each other enough to date?! Ridiculous. Jess seemed a bit bitter...would have liked to heard more from her. Also, Heather did look good, but I would be surprised if he ended up dating her. She's still a bit too rough around the edges. Of course, I'm in for round 2, if there is one. And gag me if Lacey does get her own show. Ewww.

"Rock of Love 2"
Posted by arkiegrl on 10-10-07 at 08:08 PM
From VH1's website: Last month’s announcement of open calls for Rock of Love 2 kicked off widespread speculation on which rocker would rule the house — names like Tommy Lee, Mark McGrath and Dave Navarro batted around the Internet buzz. Now, the VH1 Blog exclusively can reveal that Rock of Love 2 will star none other than Bret Michaels, who’s ready to give reality TV dating another shot after things fizzled with Rock of Love winner Jes.

Expect more girls (20, to be exact), more challenges, more turn-ons and more diabeetus in the second season of Rock of Love, which is coming…well, sooner than you might think!

Anyone else not surprised to hear Bret's doing it again?

"RE: Rock of Love 2"
Posted by mia rules18 on 10-10-07 at 10:21 PM
Don't threaten me with a good time!!!

Who do you think they will bring in as a "consult" from last season...Heather or Lacey?!

Posted by Dakota on 10-12-07 at 01:29 AM
Yowza Yowza Yowza
What surprises me is that he and the 1st runner up didn't have at it. The six month thing really is bad. Absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder since life keeps on going no matter what you do.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

Posted by Estee on 10-13-07 at 04:23 PM
I think Brett just learned the lesson of Flavor Flav: if you have a happy ending to Season #1, you don't get a Season #2.

"Dallas from Rock Of Love!"
Posted by lacycatherine on 10-13-07 at 10:06 AM
http://realityratpack.com/ubbthreads2/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=64585&page=1#Post64585

more to come ...

"RE: Dallas from Rock Of Love!"
Posted by Dakota on 10-21-07 at 01:35 AM
Thanks! I was looking for some follow up info. Dallas sounds like a jerk. A bitter jerk. Don't know what the deal is about not being able to work for a year after the show.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

Posted by KATIE66 on 12-21-07 at 01:05 AM
Something came up so I can't go.I have up for sale two Bret Michaels Tickets for the Thursday February 14th show at Ameristar Casino in St. Louis MO..They are the floor seats by the stage.I only take Money Orders..If you want to buy them please go to this link http://cgi.ebay.com/Bret-Michaels-St-louis-Tickets_W0QQitemZ150197133721QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
They was a birthday gift for my daughter but something came up and we can't go.i'm not trying to make any money I just want the money back for what I paid for them.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 03:43 PM
This really was a cool show!

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:35 PM
Had a monster thread, gotta give it that.