URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1821
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"America's Next Producer"

Posted by tmacdawg on 07-14-07 at 03:20 PM
Almost the whole episode is at tvguide.com/anp. It's the Runway model - but for TV and they have to work as teams. Sparks fly!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: America's Next Producer"
Posted by mistyrose52 on 07-26-07 at 09:27 AM
I've watched both episodes of this, and I am NOT impressed. I don't know if it's the judging panel, the platform they are working from, or the huge egos of the contestants. I'm sure a lot of all of that!

But I just don't think this one is going to fly. I never knew producers had such huge egos, and were such know-it-alls! As a matter of fact, I never even knew what producers did, and still have a pretty fuzzy idea after 2 episodes.

There really is only one or two people who stand out as 'human', likable, and even SMART enough to get past their own power trips to make this work at all! All the bickering-GEEZ, you'd think they were working at winning a position with the Donald! It's just nuts, and really not so entertaining.

It'll be interesting to see how this picks up, if it does, in the next few rounds. I notice they are really cutting people off quickly, so they may be getting the ax.

"OK, so I DID watch this to the finale........"
Posted by mistyrose52 on 09-13-07 at 09:02 AM
And have to say I DID get a good education (towards the end) on what it is that producers actually do! But, like I said, I had to sit through a whole lot of carp to finally figure that one out.

I found myself rooting for Daniel, who got the cut around the final 4, but came back at the finale and was picked to help one of the finalists.

The whole finale was a huge twister, turn-around, and really one of those that you had to laugh at and say, 'it's all in the editing, babe'!!! The one with the best pitch and possible lead-in to a new show at the beginning, ended up getting so confident in herself, she practically gave the grand prize away!!

And now I know what producers do, and I DO hope that some station-even TVguide will pick this up for another time. At least NOW I'll know why I'm watching this, and muddling through a lot of ego's, cursing, arguing, groveling, and growling at eachother. Think "The Office" and "Oprah", and say 'oh yeah'.

Posted by Agman2 on 02-29-16 at 03:26 PM
Maybe that's why they only had two episodes.

Posted by Agman2 on 02-18-16 at 03:46 PM
rubber baby buggy BUMPERS

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 01:58 PM
Did sparks really fly or are you just hyping it?