URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1819
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Bachelor: OTWOL--Ep. 7"

Posted by mrc on 02-15-10 at 11:49 AM
It's the day after Valentine's Day. Surely, Jake can find love tonight. Right? Post comments here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Bachelor: OTWOL--Ep. 7"
Posted by qwertypie on 02-15-10 at 11:53 PM
Mr. Qwerty's watching the olympics. *shrugs*

Posted by mrc on 02-16-10 at 08:26 AM
You didn't miss much.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-16-10 at 09:48 AM
I skimmed through the dates and picked up at Ali's call. Each week I'm starting to wish I hadn't started to watch even more. He's suddenly not in love with Ali anymore, and he's in love with all three??? Bull!

I thought Gia was very sweet, and there was obvious chemistry there, but I just didn't see them as a long-term kind of couple. I still don't like Vienna, and I still think she's so unattractive. She looked awful at the rose ceremony. I think, had I chosen her to stay, I would have sent her home based on the rose ceremony alone. Where was she going? The Bachelor Prom?

Jake was on ET last night, and he gave a flicker of hope that Ali could be back at some point. I studied the previews for next week - frame by frame, and I can't get any feeling about who he chooses. I think Tenley's voice over about the physical chemistry is some sort of misdirection or tease as was "get on the plane right now" talk with Ali last night.

After the Final Rose at least looks interesting.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by jbug on 02-16-10 at 12:12 PM
I still want to know if Gia was the one who would have been sent home before if Ali had not walked out....

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-17-10 at 01:03 PM
I still don't like Vienna, and I still think she's so unattractive.

Agree completely, that wavy hairstyle was atrocious. Vienna looks very fake to begin with, and throwing in a horrible hairdo? Blech.

I've watched (very) sporadically this season, and I see zero chemistry between Jake and any of the final four women. I'll be surprised if he picks any of them, very surprised if he offers his choice a ring, and astounded if they're still together more than a month after the final taping.

If it were me, I'd pick Tenley. But I'm not Jake.

Posted by Loree on 02-17-10 at 05:13 PM
I've seen photos of Vienna when she was a Hooters girl and in some other pics. She had dark hair then. And she looks better with dark hair. I don't know why she insists on the ugly bleach job.

Posted by jbug on 02-17-10 at 08:35 PM

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-gossip-update-34654.aspx

Posted by corcam on 02-18-10 at 11:04 AM
Vienna as a Hooters girl... wow didn't see that one coming.

"Ring Talk"
Posted by samboohoo on 02-16-10 at 09:48 AM
I briefly saw him having ring talk with Vienna. Did he have that talk with either of the other two?

"RE: Ring Talk"
Posted by mrc on 02-16-10 at 10:27 AM
No.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-16-10 at 10:49 AM
Interesting.

I wonder if this means he really did pick her or if it's just misdirection.

We are certainly being hit over the head with all of this talk from Chris Harrison about the viewers being disappointed with Jake's choice, and everything keeps alluding to that choice being Vienna. Having not watched for several seasons, would they really keep giving this to us?

Posted by jbug on 02-16-10 at 12:11 PM
Jake tends to do the same thing and tell the same thing to every one of them - so it wouldn't surprise me to find that he had asked each one of them about the ring - and that we were shown only one.

Posted by erin_taylor on 02-25-10 at 00:06 AM
No, no one else. All I have to say is Yikes that was too much! Mostly because I dont think Vienna is right for him. I guess if it was a different girl I might have thought it was cute.

Posted by jbug on 02-16-10 at 12:09 PM
Observations:

Jake will sometimes start to say "I love" and quickly change it to "falling in love". Seldom do you hear any of them say "I love you"; It's "falling in love with you".

We may have been shown the dates out of sequence, but...
it appeared that Vienna got the last date; it also appeared that she got the last home town visit.
So, after she told Jake she wanted to be the last one to have one-on-one time with him during the group date, he stuck with her being last?
Will she be the last?

Wondered if Ali thought her turn-around would work out like Ed's did last season..... (also wonder how her boss feels about his/her part in that...)
I sorta felt sorry for her - she has to live with her mistake - unless my prediction is right - he doesn't choose Vienna or Tenly; and later calls Ali back into the picture.

I still can't help thinking how each of the women must feel - especially if they get the 2nd or 3rd 'fantasy suite' night. If you're first, you can think that - well, you're first!
But if you're not first, are you thinking about whether he slept with the ones before you? Do they think about all the rose petals and that each room probably had rose petals? (like Ali being bothered by finding that Jake does & says a lot of the same things with all the women).

Gia's necklace - turned bracelet.....
How could he ask her to never take it off? I mean, come on!!!! Unless he had decided she was "the one" he shouldn't say something like that - now she'll always have that bracelet to remind her of him.

Tenly - really talks about her ex too much. I don't think she is completely over that.

Sparkled by Agman 2009

Posted by Loree on 02-16-10 at 02:52 PM
I heard gossip that they did a reshoot. My guess is they added that fake phone call from Ali. I did not believe it at all. First Ali is suppose to be back home in SF. Yet she was so obviously in a hotel. Why would she be in a hotel thinking about Jake and phoning him if she was back home? Jake was not even holding the phone to his ear. And he is such a bad actor he was probably reading his lines on cue cards while nobody was really on the phone. My guess is they asked Ali to do this and promised her the next Bachelorette if she did. Ali was a bit of a fan favourite and this keeps her in the minds of the viewers. While making her broken hearted so she needs to search for her next love from 25 specially picked men.

Gia is the lucky one. She got to go home. Tenley's voice grates on my nerves. And she has to mention her ex every 5 minutes.

Jake kept mentioning that Vienna is immature. I guess that is why he likes her. She looks up to him. Jake wants a woman he can control. He was loving that he was smacking her bottom with his pirate sword and pushing her around. She giggled appropriately. They deserve each other.

I am sure Jake's parents will prefer the Disney princess Tenley over the sleazy Vienna.

Posted by mrc on 02-16-10 at 02:54 PM
RS pointed out that it was an obvious reshoot. Ali had on a robe for a local hotel, and Jake had a watch on when the phone rang in the bathroom, but didn't have it on when he answered the phone in the bedroom.

A PATCH of banana skin

Posted by samboohoo on 02-16-10 at 03:52 PM
Who is RS?

I noticed the alarm clock and the headboard light and lamp, so I noticed she was in a hotel as well.

Posted by mrc on 02-16-10 at 03:53 PM
Reality Steve.

A PATCH of banana skin

Posted by woiwod on 02-16-10 at 07:18 PM
I think that Ali should be the next bachelorette unless they actually do end up together.

Posted by Loree on 02-16-10 at 09:43 PM
Word is out that Ali just handed in her notice to Facebook and she is quitting. So she probably is going to be the next Bachelorette.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-17-10 at 09:57 AM
Or she is officially locating to Texas. . .

Posted by Hinivea on 02-17-10 at 03:19 PM
I JUST HOPE HE'S NOT GONNA PICK VIENNA... SHE'S THAT TYPE OF GIRL SHE GETS WHAT SHE WANTS.. DADDYS GIRL, TREATING HER LIKE A PRICESS.. ITS NOT GONNA WORK.. AND PLUS SHE'S ONLY 23 YEARS OLD.. TOO YOUNG!! NOT READY FOR A COMMITTMENT.. TENLEY??? I DON'T KNOW... SHE COULD LEARN SOMETHING FROM HER PAST MARRIAGE. HOPE WHEN HE FINDS WHAT HES LOOKING FOR THEN HOLD ON TO IT. I JUST DON'T WANNA WASTE ANYMORE TIME WATCHING THIS SHOW AND THEY STAY FOREVER...TRUE LOVE IS SOMEONE YOU CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME TO.. ALWAYS MISSING WHEN THEY NOT AROUND.. NOT FOR THE TIME BEING BUT FOREVER....

Posted by Hinivea on 02-17-10 at 03:43 PM
VIENNA IS SO DROP DEAD BARBIE!! I LIKE GIA, I THINK SHE WOULD BE OK FOR JAKE.. AND FOR ALI THEY WOULD BE A PERFECT MATCH... FOR TENLEY SHE'LL NEVER GET OVER HER EX...