URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1819
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 22 - Episode 2 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-24-13 at 08:05 PM
It's on here a hour early due to the Oscars being shown on the CTV network that normally shows TAR at 8 pm.

So, here we go...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 22 - Episode 2 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-24-13 at 08:19 PM
We're back in Bora Bora. Nice shots of the scenery and huts over the water.

Jessica and John leave first at 2:56 am.

Take a water taxi to Motu Toopua Nui and then search for a wedding chapel. The water taxi doesn't board until 7:30 am, so instant bunching point!

Dave and Connor goes up to J&J to discuss about the agreement for the second express pass. J&J say the agreement is null and void if they discuss about the alliance to others. Sounds like they're looking for an 'out' clause. The 4 other teams are suspicious as to what the conversation was about.

Anthony: We lose teeth pretty often as hockey players. I need rope as dental floss (shows huge gap in front teeth).

Wynonna already gasping for air on the very first small hill going upward. She's definitely not long for the game.

Teams start arriving at the chapel and get blessed before they get their clue.

Detour: Pick a Pearl (dive to harvest pearls to find red pearls) or Take a Trunk (dive to get a treasure chest and construct an underwater picnic experience).

David and Connor go all the way out there before realizing they neglected to pick up scuba diving gear for the Pick a Pearl detour....so they have to go back to shore and get them. The hockey players brought theirs along, so they're well out in front.

Really clear view under water, easy for all to see where they're going.

That camera view inside the diving head gear for the Take a Trunk one is *not* a flattering view for the contestants - you can see every pore and zit up close.

The twin doctors are afraid of the water and they're already discussing whether to take a penalty. Suck it up, wimps. Even Mary Adam would have gone down there for that particular detour. After an argument, they say "let's take the penalty."

"Doctor Twins"
Posted by Snidget on 02-24-13 at 09:21 PM
GAAAAH.

Black men can't swim. *facepalm*

Egads.

They are at least going to try, thank goodness.

"RE: Doctor Twins"
Posted by dabo on 02-24-13 at 09:34 PM
Don't know why they didn't pick the trunk task, much easier for those who can't swim and they wouldn't need to hold their breaths.

"RE: Doctor Twins"
Posted by Karchita on 02-26-13 at 04:46 PM
I had the impression that they knew so little about swimming and underwater activities in general, they didn't understand that the trunk task was meant for non-swimmers. Same with Team Mullet.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-24-13 at 08:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-13 AT 09:30 PM (EST)

Back from commercial. Twins still arguing with each other, one saying the water is "deep as hell" while the other is saying "just try it!" (Umm, why don't YOU try it, dude? Didn't think so. Shut up.)

The final two teams (Max/Katie and later Caroline/Jennifer) are now starting off from the mat, having served their four-hour penalties.

Pam and Winnie are talking about how they're scared of the ocean and showing signs of struggling. Why do teams think they can go on a show like TAR if they're afraid of heights, can't swim or can't drive a stick shift?!?

Youtube hosts are first to finish and get their next clue. Proceed to Motu Tapu where they'll get their next clue. Teams take jetskis there, looks cool.

Roller moms do the Trunk detour (apparently the only ones so far) and a tuxedoed waiter brings their clue over in a silver platter underwater when they're done.

Twin docs still whining. 45 minutes and they still haven't done a single thing under water. Finally they manage to grab ONE pearl when every other team pulled up whole lines of pearls. Way to go, guys! *sarcastic golf clap*

Chuck pulls Wynonna onto the boat by reaching between her legs, grabbing her on the hooch then lifting her up! She's going to kill him for that when they watch it on TV tonight.

The final two teams decide to both take the same detour (trunk) so they can keep tabs on each other and know where they stand in the game since it's obvious at this point these two have no chance of overtaking anyone else (they don't know about the twins struggling).

"good job Pepe"
Posted by jbug on 02-24-13 at 11:16 PM
Did anyone else see the shark?
the shot from above when the first jet ski took off? It was huge!

Posted by Karchita on 02-26-13 at 04:48 PM
Chuck and Wynonna: class act NOT!

Fortunately, they are not long for this race.

Unfortunately, it will feel like forever until they are gone.

Posted by jbug on 02-27-13 at 01:42 PM
Chuck & Wynonna are not the sophisticated, city bred, "yuppie" kinda couple.
They're the down to earth, country bumpkin team like Mark & Bopper from last year.

Not sure why you call them NOT a class act.
She may not be fit & physically ready for this race, but...

just my pinion

Posted by featherfish81 on 02-28-13 at 01:09 AM
Yeah, I agree with you. Having class is more about how you treat other people and act with grace under pressure. So far they seem to have a decent amount of class.

And I would probably look equally as graceful trying to get back into the boat, and would hope it never ended up on national TV.

Posted by Karchita on 02-28-13 at 03:44 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-13 AT 04:16 AM (EST)

Let's just say that you and I define class quite differently. My definition includes not hauling other people around by their private parts.

I realize that these two just fell off the turnip truck and most likely bumped their heads in doing so, but that is no excuse.

Honestly, that is one of the crudest and most degrading things I have ever seen. Classless is far too weak of a word.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-28-13 at 09:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-13 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

I agree.

I get that they're down-to-earth and country people who truly love each other, but I would never embarrass my wife in that manner (especially knowing there is a camera right there). I did not think that was classy in any way or manner, treating her like some whale harpooned on a stick.

Posted by jbug on 02-28-13 at 01:03 PM
I'll just agree to disagree then.

You're original characterization of "classless" did not specify that it was because of how he pulled her into the boat. Just that one thing makes them classless? okay

& you're "turnip truck" comment is a bit of stereotyping, right?

You'd probably call me classless too. I'm Southern born and bred and proud of it.

Thanks Agman 2010
Tennessee girls have fire and ice in our blood! We can ride 4wheelers and horses, be a princess, love with a passion, throw left hooks, fish and hunt with the guys, and if we have an opinion you're gonna hear it! Proud to be one....

Posted by Karchita on 02-28-13 at 03:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-13 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Look, if you are saying that you like people who are like yourself, there is nothing wrong with that. Most of us tend to do that. But please understand that not everyone finds crude "country bumpkins" (your words) to be charming, no matter how proud of it they may be, and there is nothing wrong with that, either.

Posted by jbug on 02-28-13 at 05:58 PM
wow
just wow

& for the record "crude" is your description, not mine.

Posted by Karchita on 02-28-13 at 10:40 PM
That’s why crude was not included in the quotation marks.

Punctuation: more than decoration.

Posted by jbug on 03-01-13 at 11:30 AM
I know that; I want to make sure it is clear to all

Posted by Karchita on 03-01-13 at 04:31 PM
Of course. Anyone can see the level of your punctuation skills.

"Hey, jbug and karchita..."
Posted by agman on 03-01-13 at 06:44 PM
You two are both my friends so...

Does this picture make me look fat?

"RE: Hey, jbug and karchita..."
Posted by Karchita on 03-01-13 at 07:39 PM
Agdude, hon, I just hope you don't go into a Walmart looking like that unless you want to get jumped by a pack horny bumpfraus.

Some guys are into that, I hear.

"oh and this, too"
Posted by Karchita on 03-01-13 at 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46QXrJml0UQ

"RE: oh and this, too"
Posted by agman on 03-01-13 at 07:44 PM
NO... not Cat Stevens! My sister loved him and I had to listen to him ALL THE TIME!

"RE: oh and this, too"
Posted by Karchita on 03-01-13 at 08:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-13 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

It builds character, my friend.

Posted by featherfish81 on 02-28-13 at 01:12 AM
>
>Back from commercial. Twins still arguing with each other, one saying the water is "deep as hell" while the other is saying "just try it!" (Umm, why don't YOU try it, dude? Didn't think so. Shut up.)
>
>
I wondered about that. Only one of them had to get in the water. Why didn't the brother just start, instead of waiting to convince the other one to try it. And, more annoyingly, why did they immediately jump to the idea of taking a penalty rather than at least LOOKING at the other detour first? I mean, 6 hours is a really long time.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-24-13 at 08:46 PM
Max and Katie wary of racing along with the other team, talking about how they'll have to be fast.

Twins still moaning, they open their one pearl and find nothing in there.

Road block - teams must walk on stilts and kick a coconut on the sand to "score" in order to get their next clue. Oof, this looks like a toughie.

Anthony seem to have figured this one out pretty quickly, not surprising considering hockey players have to be quick on their feet while on the ice.

Winnie and Pam go the wrong way! They have to go back on the jetskis and figure out where they're supposed to go.

Anthony and Connor both finish at about the same time and get their clues. Jessica is not far behind them. While running, David said he has ruptured his achilles heel.

At the pit stop...

Bates and Anthony are team number 1. They win a trip to London.
David and Connor are team number 2.
Jessica and John are team number 3.

David/Connor discuss the situation with the former's heel. They'll have to see a physician.

Twins are still utterly hopeless, dropping an oyster to the bottom of the ocean.

Joey and Meghan win a footrace to finish as team number 4.
Chuck and Wynonna are team number 5.

Pam and Winnie are still lost on the jetski.

Max and Katie are just ahead of Caroline and Jen after the trunk detour. Twins are still struggling, they've opened just a few pearls by this point. They talk about not quitting to set an example.

Back to Pam and Winnie, still trying to figure out the map. We cut to commercial.

Posted by jbug on 02-24-13 at 11:19 PM
Joey and Meghan win a footrace to finish as team number 4.
Chuck and Wynonna are team number 5.

Some people are really really competitive!
I always wonder why teams are so frantic when in a foot race to the mat when they know they are not going to be eliminated.
It seems like such a waste of energy!
Is 1 minute leaving the next leg that big a deal?

Posted by Karchita on 02-26-13 at 04:50 PM
Faced with a random athletic task, the smart money is always going to be on the professional athletes.

I'm like Bates and Anthony, but they need to keep their false teeth in, please.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-24-13 at 08:57 PM
We're back with Pam and Winnie, talking about how the ocean has flustered them. They finally figure out where they're supposed to go.

Mona and Beth are team number 6.

The twins have switched to the trunk portion of the detour (why they didn't think of this hours ago is beyond me). They seem to be doing better with this so far.

Pam and Winnie are now doing the stilts. Not a good start so far. Max/Katie and Caroline/Jen have now caught up to Pam/Winnie at the stilts roadblock.

Caroline absolutely flew right through that roadblock! She and Jen are team number 7 at the pit stop.

Twins finally get their clue. We can now call off the search party.

Max and Katie are team number 8.

Pam has a blister on her foot from doing the stilts. Still struggling.

Meanwhile, the twins are now on the jetskis and it won't be long before they are back into the mix of things.

Ah, Pam has finally finished! They are team number 9.

The twins finally finish and they arrive last at the pit stop. They are Philiminated from the race.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-24-13 at 09:01 PM
Next week - I missed some of it, but it seems to be confirmed that Dave has a tear in his achilles. Doc recommended he be on crutches, didn't show more after that.

Posted by Karchita on 02-26-13 at 04:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-13 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

It was pretty clear to me that he hadn't ruptured it or he would not have been upright, much less walking, even with help.

I've had that injury. My doc told me it was 'season ending'. We've also seen it happen on DWTS, to the volleyball player Misty Mays and to Cristian de la Fuente (in his bicep). I don't see how Dave can continue.

Posted by Belle Book on 02-25-13 at 12:40 PM
The Doctors should have gone for the other Detour sooner. Then again, they were probably panicking due to the stresses of the Race and a phobia of deep water and not thinking straight.

Belle Book

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-25-13 at 04:27 PM
If I had these guys as my doctors, I'd be terrified after watching this season on TAR. What if my artery gets nicked, and fast action is needed to stanch the flow of bleeding? Will they scream at each other for 45 minutes and exhort each other to do the clamping? Is one of them going to faint on the floor? Am I going to die before either of them actually get around to diagnosing my problem?

Posted by Belle Book on 02-25-13 at 07:25 PM
I doubt that hydrophobia (or fear of deep water) would come into play in that kind of situation, Pepe.

Belle Book

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-25-13 at 09:23 PM
Still, you want doctors who can think cooly and rationally in pressure situations instead of panicking or arguing in such a situation. They certainly didn't show their good side while doing the sandcastles in Episode 1 either.

Two of the most pathetic doctors I've ever seen in my life.