URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 181
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"talent vs popularity"

Posted by tumbleweed on 05-17-04 at 12:20 PM
The bottom line: the public is voting based on who they like and not on who is really the best singer. Jasmine and Diana are good but they are not the American Idol. Fantasia is good because she has a distinctive voice. Latoya is great because she can hit every note right on key, high or low. No one else on AI 3 could do that. I just wish that people would use common sense and think about what "American Idol" really means. I am truly sorry that we couldn't pull this off because there is alot of great talent out there!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: talent vs popularity"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 05-17-04 at 01:31 PM
Look….this whole thing is a glorified Karaoke contest. If they showed me that these kids have talent (play an instrument or write a song), I would watch and maybe interested in the show and not this board. This board is 2000% better then the show. The banter here is off the charts and it's good to see people have so much passion for the show.

Posted by Breezy on 05-17-04 at 03:53 PM
Have you watched Nashville Star? I like it better than AI, really.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 05-18-04 at 08:58 AM
No, but I followed it here. I would have like to catch it but with 3 classes, v-ball, etc. it's hard to catch shows at night but easy to waste time at work reviewing them here.

Posted by Breezy on 05-18-04 at 09:09 AM
I had to tape it or I'd never see it.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 05-18-04 at 08:29 PM
I really need to get a DVR or Tvio...but then watching them at 1 am is not an option either.

Posted by steppingrazor42 on 05-18-04 at 11:08 AM
I agree, it's the nature of the show though. Or at least that's how I think of it. If you let all of America to have a say something will backfire eventually. I just ease my frustrations by telling myself that everyone that deserves a career will probably get one after being booted anyway (like Tamyra from A1).