URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1808
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Next Food Network Star"

Posted by JessicaRN on 06-04-07 at 05:52 PM
This is the third go around for this show and it seems like they have given it an over-haul. The challenges were a bit higher stress and their living quarters are now being shown. So far, they are being nice to each other, which has been the case in the past. Since I am a food network junkie, I enjoy this show and I like to see the various personalities from the network. Last years winner Guy has actually stuck around and I do like his Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive show. Anyone else watching?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Next Food Network Star"
Posted by vince3 on 06-04-07 at 05:56 PM
The only problem I can see with this year's contest is they might've put the best contests up first with both the "Ace of Cakes" wedding cake challenge and the "Dinner:Impossible" team catering challenge both being on the premiere episode......

Posted by Silvergirl1 on 06-04-07 at 07:02 PM

I had no idea there were previous seasons of this show. That's how much of a newby I am. I will be watching. I like it better than Hell's Kitchen so far, because there is no cursing. I also like the challenges better, so far. I love the Ace of Cakes, but I didn't think chefs would ever be decorating a cake. Then again, this is about being a network food star, and every challenge involving food should be fair game.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 06-04-07 at 07:58 PM

> Last years winner Guy
>has actually stuck around and
>I do like his Diners,
>Drive-Ins and Dive show.
>Anyone else watching?

Yeah, he's not a bad host for that kind of show. I like his recipes too.

Anything with Ace of Cakes works for me. I love that show!! I'm always amazed what they pull off and why shouldn't a want to be chef/host be able to pull off something that amazing as well.

Posted by volsfan on 06-04-07 at 09:44 PM
I am watching and have watched the other two seasons. I like the overhaul and think this one has potential of being better than the other two.

I think the challenges will continue to get harder...I just can't decide on who I like the most!

Posted by SilverStar on 06-05-07 at 10:06 AM
This is my first time watching this show. I like it so far. My only beef with the premiere was keeping Rory around. She absolutely bombed the first 2 challenges! I guess they're keeping her for her personality? I didn't notice much personality, but maybe it's because I was distracted by her huge, fake horse teeth.

Posted by jase on 06-05-07 at 12:39 PM
This is my first time watching TNFNS as well. It's not bad, but it's no Hell's Kitchen (one of my favorite reality shows). The judging panel (much like the one from Top Chef) often make questionable choices when in comes to who goes/stays in my opinion.

Way too much consideration is placed on who may spice up the ratings versus the mistakes they make which would/could, the real world, get them fired. I don't get that impression from Hell's Kitchen so maybe that's why I like it better.

Posted by riverrocker on 06-11-07 at 01:22 PM
Watched last season's, had missed the first season of Food Star. Didn't catch this season's opener...I guess that maybe there were 12 to start?? Saw the reruns yesterday and caught the new episode last night.

Rory does, indeed, have "horse teeth"! I don't know if I could 'watch' her on TV!!

Too bad they couldn't have cut two last night. We don't like Colombe at all. There is another I would NEVER want to watch on Food Network!

DH and I liked Michael's grilled entre the best for the magazine, but at least he took second.

As to whom we really would watch on FN, I'd have to go w/Michael, Adrien, or maybe Amy. We don't care for the others at all...and we DO watch FN!

Posted by JessicaRN on 06-11-07 at 09:51 PM
Those were my choices also, although Amy might be just a bit too generic. I'm not sure about Jag for his own show, but he makes me laugh. And I thought Colombe should have gone last night.

Posted by Bebo on 06-11-07 at 10:12 PM
*raises hand*

I'm back for Season 3. I watched and enjoyed the first two, and I'm liking this one so far. I'm enjoying the challenges for this one so far too.

Paul was my favorite after the first ep, but I don't see him lasting long after the last ep. Adrien's my fav at this point.

Posted by ginger on 06-12-07 at 01:18 PM

I'm here, too. I like this show. They actually cook (unlike Hell's Kitchen which I still -- inexplicably -- watch). Now I have three cooking reality shows.

I like the "dark horse" cutie - the guy that did brandy bread pudding or something like that as his signature dish. The gay gentleman (can't remember the names yet for the most part) is the most consistent competitor thus far but to be honest I think they will choose a woman. The previous winners were: (a) a gay couple; (b) Guy Fieri.

Posted by JessicaRN on 06-18-07 at 06:26 PM
After last night's show, I'm glad Colombe is gone. Who would have thought that she would be the bad guy? Although Paul did forgive her when she offered to help him. Even I would not enter a cooking contest and use cheese in a jar and store bought chips. She must have pocketed the extra money. Tommy seemed like he got depressed really quickly and was ready to go. I like Paul and Jag, but would probably watch Adrian in a weekly show.

Posted by AshLanie on 06-18-07 at 09:35 PM
>After last night's show, I'm glad
>Colombe is gone. Who
>would have thought that she
>would be the bad guy?
> Although Paul did forgive
>her when she offered to
>help him. Even I
>would not enter a cooking
>contest and use cheese in
>a jar and store bought
>chips. She must have
>pocketed the extra money.
>Tommy seemed like he got
>depressed really quickly and was
>ready to go. I
>like Paul and Jag, but
>would probably watch Adrian in
>a weekly show.

Was hoping Rory was leaving instead of the guy.....something tells me she might just win..she is the blonde version of Giadi who also has major big teeth and likes to show her cleavage.

Posted by geg6 on 06-19-07 at 04:27 PM
Her gums are really weird and freak me out.

I like, personalitywise, Adrian the best.

But Michael (or, at least, I think that is his name) seems to me to be the most well-rounded. He can cook (unlike most of them) and he understands about presentation, both of the food and of himself.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
I realize you don't have to be a pro to win this show, but shouldn't you have a clue about cooking? Or, since this is the first time I've watched this show, is that not important? Just seems these people are clueless!

Posted by JessicaRN on 06-19-07 at 05:55 PM
Clueless, but predominantly nice to each other. And at least their fine dining experience doesn't involve getting pasta out of the trash can and trying to serve it. (ie: Jen on HK.)

Posted by ginger on 06-25-07 at 11:08 AM
I'm putting my money on Gums Gal now. I like Adrian, but I'm pretty sure they want a woman this time, and everyone else is tanking. I can't believe how many people had tearful epihpanies during the elimination part last night. Sheesh.

Posted by jase on 06-25-07 at 03:57 PM
I think they broke down because they're having a hard time understanding just what the smug and condescending judges are looking for coupled with the fact that they miss their family/friends.

They (judges) seem to change what they want/are looking for in a host every week. I can imagine it's tough to hear you suck, you have no personality, etc... without feeling a little down. Some can handle it and some can't.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 06-25-07 at 04:32 PM
I never noticed that she had prominent gums before. I guess I need to look up.

Posted by jbug on 06-27-07 at 04:39 PM
And *that's* the reason she wears her shirts like that!
So you won't notice her teeth!

Crusin w/ Tribe

Posted by arkiegrl on 06-25-07 at 05:38 PM
My cynical reaction to the tears was "oh, the judges are paying attention and giving positive feedback to her because she's crying - I must cry, too." "Wait! The judges are giving positive feedback to Amy and Rory after seeing them cry - I must grab some of that attention for myself by crying! *cries*"

Posted by ginger on 06-25-07 at 05:41 PM
I had assumed, from the previews, that all the boo hoo hoo would be related to the troops. Foolish moi.

Posted by Agman2 on 02-01-16 at 11:37 AM
bump

Posted by jbug on 06-27-07 at 04:44 PM
OK I just got directed to this place! So happy to see some familiar faces sigpics.

I really like this show - more than HK.
My fav is Adrien. I can see myself watching him on a food network show.

I liked Guy from last season. & I like his new show.

I think I liked the runner up on the first season (when the gay guys won). I don't think I have seen even one show with them on the Food Network! has anyone else?

I'm a Food Network-aholic too.
Lvoe Bobby's Throwdowns.
Lvoe all the competitions - cakes, sugar sculptures, etc.
Lvoe Iron Chef.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Bebo on 06-28-07 at 03:23 PM
I think I liked the runner up on the first season (when the gay guys won). I don't think I have seen even one show with them on the Food Network! has anyone else?

Their show is called Party Time With the Hearty Boys. Last time I checked, it aired on Sunday mornings. Their first few eps were OK, but not enough to hold my attention.

Last season's winner, Guy Fieri, has two shows on the network - Guy's Big Bite and Diners, Drive Thrus, and Dives. I've seen a couple of episodes of each. He is loaded with charisma and does great on screen. Diners is definitely worth checking out.

Posted by KeithFan on 07-09-07 at 09:06 AM
Lvoe Bobby's Throwdowns

The Bobster rulz. Accept no substitute.

Posted by riverrocker on 07-01-07 at 11:15 PM
Well, tonight's show was interesting to say the least. I liked the idea of getting rid of all of them and starting over! We couldn't believe they blew everything so soundly.

But, on the other hand, what's up with giving them just five minutes to prepare and present? They would have more time than that on a real show...and there wouldn't be some $$ limit on ingredients, unless that was the theme of the show.

I realize there is pressure to having an on-air show, but the challenge tonight seemed so artificial.

And we were disappointed that Adrian, who kept saying he'd done three years on a local TV station as the food person, didn't present himself with more polish.

At this point, I'm not certain I'd want to watch any of them. Perhaps Paul, but he is so 'flighty' that it would seem distracting I think. Rory's teeth--no make that her gums--are so distracting...and her cleavage doesn't do anything for me but I do keep wondering what she will do when hot oil pops down the slopes there. Cooking accidents happen to everyone at some time. ;)

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-02-07 at 04:54 PM
I agree that there doesn't seem to be much 'star' power here. I think that I would watch JAG or maybe Amy, but they really need to sharpen their pitch. I wasn't surprised at all to see Adrien go, he just never gave anyone any idea who he is.

I will say that I understand WHY they limited the amount people could spend on ingredients. These are supposed to be dishes that people can make and there needs to be SOME kind of budget involved.

If Food Network wants any of these people to turn into bona fide stars, they really need to make sure that the editing in the last few episodes makes this group watchable.

Then again what ever happened to the season 1 winning gay couple?

"A Bit Of Info About Jag--"
Posted by lgianna on 07-02-07 at 09:54 PM
The former Marine who claims sabotage on the last 2 shows, apparently the stories go on and on. I thought I could smell a couple of skeletons in his Marine Corps closet (being nervous to serve soldiers??) it turns out there is more, or 'less' to his story.

Warning: Possible spoilers... You've been warned!

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2007/06/military_garcia_foodnetwork_070612/

"RE: A Bit Of Info About Jag--"
Posted by JessicaRN on 07-03-07 at 04:27 PM
Wow! And he was one I thought had potential. How do these people think that their true backgrounds will not be uncovered when they go on reality shows.

Posted by lgianna on 07-03-07 at 05:33 PM
I was disappointed as well, I thought he has the best personality and most likely be the one I'd watch, if he won.

But the fact that he kept claiming sabotage and not wanting to discuss his military background made me wonder. My husband had read the article in Army Times and then I found the link to it.

Rule #1: Never ever lie about your military time. People have a way of finding out. There is usually not anything so bad that lying about it is better than just admitting you screwed up.

I agree with Alton Brown and riverrocker about getting rid of all of them and starting over. I cracked up on his 5 minute demo and he had 24 ingredients 'on the first page'.

But Amy needs to go away soon. I just felt like I needed to say that.

Posted by jbug on 07-11-07 at 04:08 PM
Why does this not surprise me? For some reason, I haven't liked this guy from the beginning. He is the one that if he wins, I'll probably never watch.

Agman made me JUMP

"7/8 show"
Posted by KeithFan on 07-09-07 at 09:19 AM
What the heck? Is it just me, or did everything up to this point just get discombobulated?

Amy? Couldn't stand her up to this point, then all of a sudden she actually looks like she knows what she is doing.

Rory? Couldn't cook, kind of weird, and the only reason to watch her up to this point is, well, my remote does have a mute button.

JAG? Probably the most deserving up to this point. The most knowledgeable, the best technique, but fell so hard in the Iron Chef competition even he was blubbering like a 6 year old schoolgirl.

I have no idea who is going to win, or even who I am rooting for to win at this point.

"RE: 7/8 show"
Posted by SilverStar on 07-09-07 at 03:53 PM
I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Toothy McHugegums. She just annoys me. I would be ok with either Amy (even though I resented her last week for sticking around when she said she wanted to go home) or JAG winning. I'm not sure I would watch either of their shows though.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-10-07 at 02:17 PM
Because of the info posted above about Jag's somewhat inflated resume, I thought he might go, even thought I realize that this was taped before it came to light. I would say at this point that Amy has it in the bag. She surprised me with how good she was both cooking and commentary.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-10-07 at 05:08 PM
I'd be really surprised if it wasn't a girl who wins. The first two series had male winners and it's time to try a new female. That being said, I'm not sure that either girl has a good culinary viewpoint - at least not one that needs to be represented by a show. I'm sure FoodNetwork can refine those messages and make it marketable.

However, as far as I know, there is no Latino cuisine represented on the network and JAG obviously brings that POV (and probably the best TV personality) to the table. But I still think that its time for our first female winner.

Posted by riverrocker on 07-10-07 at 11:20 PM
Since I didn't (and still don't) have a favorite in this group, it doesn't matter to me. There are none of these I would watch. Amy will probably win, which is okay--not super, just "okay." She'd be "cute" on TV, but nothing she's cooked so far would be anything I'd ever want to fix. But if she does win, they will need to work with her "frantic" behavior that pops up too often for me.

"Jag gone!!!! Yeah!!!"
Posted by tutor on 07-15-07 at 10:45 PM
I am so glad that Jag is gone. You could tell he was hiding something from the beginning. I am glad that the Food Network did not allow a lying, cheating and uncontrollable angry person to win the title of the Next Food Network Star.

"RE: Jag gone!!!! Yeah!!!"
Posted by keico on 07-16-07 at 12:27 PM
I am normally not one to post anything on a message board.

But this is one time I can not hold back.

Now I know there are going to be people out there who don't agree with me, but I really don't care.

It has been my experience on reading many message boards that no matter what you say there is going to be those out there who don't agree with you and will reply very negatively against you.

First I think the Food Network made a terrible mistake in putting the pressure on Jag about his past. I think they personally did not like him and used whatever resources they had to pressure him off that show.

Second so what he lied about being in afghanistan and graduating from cooking school. I think the fact that he works as a chef proves he must know something about cooking. Plus seeing his performance proves the man has knowledge about cooking.

What difference does it make where he served in the Marine Corps and what does that have to do with cooking anyway.

Third Even though he lied about those things does the punishment fit the crime. I think if everyone was rated on their past then no one would be allowed to be on TV. Come on this is common sense. I know that if you dug into Rachel Ray, Bobby Flay, Alton Brown, or any other Food Network Star past you could find something to confront them with that was negative.

Fourth I think the Judges and the Food Network has shown them selves to be very hyprocritical by pressuring Jag to submit his resignation. No one at that Network is perfect and doesn't tell a lie. They just haven't been caught in it yet.

Fifth I believe that Jag made a very valid point that Myself and many others have discussed. Where is the Latino Cuisine on the Food Network aside from a few specials on it.

In closing this just proves what goes on in everyday life. That the minute you make a mistake in life it can be used against you. Most mistakes in life can be over looked. It is such a shame when those mistakes can be used against you whenever it benefits another.

I hope the food network really takes a good look at themselves and realizes that their actions will come back on them. They should have never made a mountain out of a mole hill just to get rid of Jag.

Food Network I am really ashamed at how you have treated Jag. I leave you with this "Let he who has no sin cast the first stone"

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-16-07 at 03:54 PM
I understand where you are coming from. I really liked JAG and probably would have been voting for him had he been eligible for the vote. That being said, any employer will hold it against you if you lie on your employment application - which is exactly what JAG did. And it seems that for the most part, he lied unnecessarily.

There is no question that he is a good cook and a fun entertainer. That doesn't mean he should be able to do whatever he wants and say whatever he wants without consequence. Pro athletes are villified just for that same reason, their belief that their abilities put them above the rules. Rules were broken and there had to be consequences. It's unfortunate, but JAG really has no one to blame but himself.

Posted by geg6 on 07-17-07 at 08:49 AM
Hm, sorry. Can't even begin to agree with this.

He lied, in a completely unnecessary way, on his resume. Where I come from and in any job I've ever held, that's enough to get you fired.

IMO, the Food Network was more than gracious to let him get some camera time to explain himself and the opportunity to pull himself out of the competition (even if it wasn't completely voluntary). Personally, I'd have fired him outright, no explanations or excuses.

He had good skills and a sometimes engaging personality. He was too much like Emeril (too loud and obnoxious) for my taste, but I wouldn't have had a problem with him winning had he not misrepresented himself the way he did.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Posted by tutor on 07-20-07 at 01:05 PM
I agree with you. The Food Network and the military should sue Jag for perjury, even though he wasn't offically under oath, he was under a moral oath to tell the truth to all the viwers.

It is morally wrong to try a win a contest by saying you served in the war. Jag was just trying to get people to feel sorry for him and for them to vote for "the man who served our country in war". It was a low blow. You got what you deserved Jag!is

Anyways his performance and cooking wasn't that great. Boy he sure had Bob and Susie fooled. ANways in this day and age society loves those who do wrong, so I am sure he will be all over T.V. soon.

Posted by KeithFan on 07-22-07 at 04:09 PM
In the TV world, it's all about image. If he is perceived as being a liar, people are not going to want to watch his show. He gave the network reason to can him, and they did.

Posted by riverrocker on 07-15-07 at 11:01 PM
The 7-15-07 show was amazing! Who would have thought...maybe "they" do read what viewers tell them!

I haven't been sold on any of these competitors, but I'm liking Rory--in spite of the teeth & gums!--because I really would try the recipes.

Still blown away by what happened and that the Network responded to the problem.

Can't believe they only let us vote once per day online.

Posted by djandy on 07-16-07 at 00:09 AM
Yes, I'm glad the Food Network addressed Jag's resume exaggerations. But the Food Network probably forced Jag to withdraw -- that wasn't voluntary IMO. You'd think they would have done a better job vetting the contestants, and at the least dug a little deeper when he was so evasive about his background in interviews and was shaking in his boots when they went to Ft. Dix. All red flags that were ignored. But all's well that ends well because I'd rather have Amy as a finalist anyway.

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-16-07 at 08:40 AM
I thought they handled it pretty well, especially with the time delay factored in of when they taped these shows. I liked Jag, probably because he was so unpredictable, but I just don't get why he had to lie. Being in the Marines was honor enough, so why did he have to say that he went to Afghanistan. And not graduating from culinary school is not that unusual on these kind of shows. So the fact that he just made up things for no reason is pretty bizarre. Having to retract it on camera had to be pretty humiliating and could affect his future career plans.

Posted by riverrocker on 07-16-07 at 11:54 AM
Hubby & I were still talking about Jag this morning. Just can't believe he wouldn't be honest on his resume; being in the Marines is certainly a plus...so what if he didn't go to Afghanistan---or even out of the States? And not finishing culinary school wouldn't be a show-stopper on a competition like this...........so why lie? He threw it all away--the prestige, the $$, the sense of accomplishment----for what? Trying to "hide" something in his past? Duh. How many people don't have stellar pasts?

Bebo is right...this time the "big event" WAS a "big event"!!!

Posted by Bebo on 07-16-07 at 09:13 AM
Mr. B and I had our jaws dropped. Normally, when shows hype up a big event, it doesn't live up to the hype. This one did. I like how they didn't oversensationalize it though in a way that would have taken away from the competition.

As much as I loved Amy last week on the Iron Chef challenge, she was definitely the weakest in the Rachael Ray challenge. I'm having trouble getting beyond Mr. B's comments about Rory's horse mouth to get on her bandwagon.

Posted by jbug on 07-16-07 at 11:23 AM
I guess now it won't matter which wins - Rory or Amy.
*I* liked Arian.

Does anyone think Rory ever notices how big her gums and teeth look on camera? If it were me? I'd not smile quite so large.

And Amy? What's with the curling up of the mouth/lips on one side when she talks sometimes. She doesn't do it all the time - just sometimes.

I may have watch myself in a mirror some to see if I have any of these odd looks!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 07-19-07 at 05:06 PM
When are these folks going to learn? Never lie about a background. Esp a military one. This world is small people. The internet makes it very tiny. Everyone knows everyone.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Half the time, I think these producers know they are lying. They want them to get caught so the ratings will go up with all the PR about it.

"Winner - SPOILER"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-22-07 at 10:37 PM
I have to say I am more than a little disappointed that Amy won. I don't care if Rory has big gums, Amy didn't even earn her spot in the final. Snooty french cuisine is not a show I would watch or a cookbook that I would encourage for DW. Rory made food that looked makeable, eatible and normal.

The voters have spoken - but I am surprised. Good luck Amy. You seem nice enough and I hope your show is successful.

"RE: Winner - SPOILER"
Posted by riverrocker on 07-22-07 at 11:11 PM
>I have to say I am
>more than a little disappointed
>that Amy won. I
>don't care if Rory has
>big gums, Amy didn't even
>earn her spot in the
>final. Snooty french cuisine
>is not a show I
>would watch or a cookbook
>that I would encourage for
>DW. Rory made food
>that looked makeable, eatible and
>normal.
>
>The voters have spoken - but
>I am surprised. Good
>luck Amy. You seem
>nice enough and I hope
>your show is successful.
>

Let me add a hearty "second" to your comments. Amy's style of food is nothing I would ever make...or want to eat. Yes, Rory's teeth/gum problems probably cost her some votes...but at least her FOOD looked good. Several of the most popular stars on the Network aren't that glam, so I don't know what people were thinking. Silly me, I thought it was about the FOOD. Fooled me. Oh well. There's always next season.

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-23-07 at 00:11 AM
I'm not really sure that I care one way or another about either of these. After watching the show tonight, I realize that Paul would have made a great host, but Amy will probably do her 6 shows and we'll never see her again, kind of like the first winners. I have really gotten to like Guy though and I think he is around to stay.

Posted by jbug on 07-23-07 at 09:35 AM
I agree withyou Pre (as usual ).
There are others who I thought would have been better w/ their own show. I don't think we'll see too much of Amy.
Wonder if Food Network ever thinks of (or could) offer a show to one of the runner ups - say after 6 months or so?

I thought it was really interesting to hear what the judges had to say about Rory & Amy - way back at the beginning. We (at least I) tend to forget some of those details and it is interesting to hear again some of the criticisms from the beginning - when you think 'there's no way he/she is going to make it' - and then that person wins it or gets to the final 2.

It was funny too when Paul said he and Jag were in love! Such a jokester! (or maybe not?) Paul would probably have made a good host.

Agman says I'm GREEN. (Is there a message in that?)

Posted by katienyc on 07-23-07 at 10:09 AM
I have to say that I am happy that Amy won. She seems to fit better with food network watchers. I would never do the sloppy cooking that Rory does. I can certainly identify more with Amy than Rory. I think that Food Network would have wound up with big HR issues if Jag had stuch around and won. He was a lose cannon with anger management issues. Certainly not someone you'd want to have on staff!
So, my big question (and I'd appreciate any answers or insight!), is what happened to Amy's husband?? She has mentioned him in the past, and even lists him as one of the 3 people dead or alive that she'd like to invite to a dinner party. Last night he wasn't at the show, they didn't show him on her "cooking at home" segment, and she didn't have a ring on. I've looked everywhere for info, but can't find anything. My guesses are that:
1. He passed away at some point (hense, listing him as a dead or alive person she'd like to dine with). That also supports the fact that she lives on her parents property with her children.
2. They have divorced or separated (perhaps part of the trouble at home and a reason why she wanted to leave the show?)
3. Because of his job or whatever reason, he cannot be seen on television or publicly picture (maybe he works for the government?)
What are your thoughts???

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-23-07 at 11:09 AM
I wondered the same thing. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that she spoke to him on the phone at least once during the series but perhaps her newfound fame has changed her home situation. I would imagine a process like this would put a couple through a lot of stress.

I dunno, but I would love to find out.

Posted by JessicaRN on 07-23-07 at 11:32 AM
I also wondered about her husband. I do think she is very attractive and I was curious about him. Even though they would have childcare issues, one of her many relatives could stayed with the kids so Amy's husband could attend. Her living situation is pretty unique and I'm not sure I would love to have all of my family so close, but that is probably more my issue!

Posted by Bebo on 07-23-07 at 02:12 PM
She did mention him in her list - this is copied from the Food Network site:

Three people, alive or dead, that you'd like to invite to a dinner party: My grandpa Harold, my husband Greg, my husband's grandmother Raymonde Suguet

Maybe he's camera shy...or since they have small children, he wanted to stay home with them.

Posted by riverrocker on 07-23-07 at 03:08 PM
>So, my big question (and I'd
>appreciate any answers or insight!),
>is what happened to Amy's
>husband?? She has mentioned him
>in the past, and even
>lists him as one of
>the 3 people dead or
>alive that she'd like to
>invite to a dinner party.
>Last night he wasn't at
>the show, they didn't show
>him on her "cooking at
>home" segment, and she didn't
>have a ring on. I've
>looked everywhere for info, but
>can't find anything.

We wondered that too! Something definitely wrong w/the picture....and that could have easily been what caused her to want to leave the show. If he'd stayed home to be w/the kids, I think Marc would have said it...but there certainly was NO husband in the home pics. She was definitely stressing "family" the whole time there; it does leave much to wonder about.

Posted by KeithFan on 07-23-07 at 10:11 AM
I don't get it either, but I'll bet it's more of an anti-Rory vote than a pro-Amy vote.

Posted by geg6 on 07-23-07 at 02:49 PM
Wow, quelle surpise, I don't agree with you at all! LOL!

I didn't find Amy's cooking to be "French" or difficult in any way, shape, or form. From the recipes I saw on the website, it seems she took classic French flavors and techniques and made them more American and much, much easier and healthier than classic French dishes. I tried the stuffed chicken rollups she made and found the recipe to be quite easy and very delicious.

As for Rory, her food was nothing my 6-year-old niece couldn't make. Grilling some ribs or a steak isn't exactly difficult. And if you can't make bruscetta that tastes great (chopped tomatoes and onions with some minced garlic, basil and olive oil...duh), then you shouldn't even be in the kitchen at all. That extremely basic level of cooking seemed to be her specialty and it's not what I want to see. I want a Food Network host/hostess to teach me something I don't already know.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Posted by ginger on 07-23-07 at 02:57 PM
Per usual, agree with Geg. Rory's food is nothing new. Amy at least might teach me something. On the other hand, Amy's crooked jaw is at least as annoying as Rory's gums were.

I think EVERYONE thought Rory would win - Amy seemed dazed, like she was hit with a 2x4, when they announced her win.

Only give the show a season, anyway.

Posted by weltek on 07-24-07 at 03:28 PM
I agree. I think food network was starting to get in the 'bbq everything' mode, so it's nice to see something like the "gourmet next door" with a french twist enter the picture. I would make a lot of her dishes. Poor Amy still needs to work on not being TOO rushed. I saw her on The View (tuned in to see her segment specifically) and she was soooo rushed, it felt uncomfortable.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 01:30 PM
Geg - miss her