URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1805
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Bachelor Pad"

Posted by Loree on 01-12-10 at 01:00 PM
Old rivalries and dramas from past seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette will get new life this year as ABC is creating a spin-off show in which former contestants will live and compete together in a Big Brother-style house.

The show, titled Bachelor Pad, will bring back 20 memorable contestants from the previous 13 Bachelor and five Bachelorette seasons, according to The Hollywood Reporter’s Live Feed blog. It’s expected to premiere in late summer.

“All these people have been friends, been enemies, they date each other and bring all this great backstory to the show,” says executive producer Martin Hilton. “It seemed like there was an opportunity to combine that world with a new competitive reality show.”

The contestants haven’t been revealed, but Hilton said top players and former winners are on board. The show will feature various challenges, some inspired by incidents from past seasons. Contestants will be booted from the house at the end of each episode. And Bachelor and Bachelorette host Chris Harrison has signed on to emcee. –Tim Nudd

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Bachelor Pad"
Posted by mrc on 01-12-10 at 01:04 PM
Oh, wow. I am all over this.

I'm a mAGMANimous ruler

Posted by Loree on 01-12-10 at 01:20 PM
I am expecting a great trainwreck which will be hilarious to watch.

"more info"
Posted by Loree on 01-12-10 at 01:25 PM
ABC has ordered seven episodes, with "Bachelor" host Chris Harrison on board to emcee. Although scheduling plans are not set, expect ABC to premiere the show in the late summer coming out of the "Bachelorette" finale. It's not clear whether the show will air opposite CBS' venerable "Big Brother" franchise, which has continued to perform solidly for that network across multiple nights each summer.

"New network motto."
Posted by Estee on 01-12-10 at 01:50 PM
ABC: Creating Atheists Since 2010.

Including Ms. Rotten Eggs does not indicate a merciful deity.

Posted by Loree on 06-15-10 at 10:23 AM
According to an ABC press release, Melissa Rycroft will be co-hosting "Bachelor Pad" with Chris Harrison.

"Bachelor Pad" reunites 19 of the most unforgettable suitors from the hit franchise "The Bachelor." The series, which marks the first "all-star" reunion from previous seasons of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette," will feature the contestants living together while competing against each other in a series of challenges. At stake is $250,000 and maybe a second chance at finding love.

Posted by LFJ on 06-15-10 at 01:34 PM
This reads more like a unisex version of Big Brother. How cost effective. The contestants have already been vetted, and have a fan base (depending upon how memorable they were *retch*). Is Melissa the female version of Jake, with the Celebrity Wannabe Addiction? I think we have had an overdose of her, too.

Posted by samboohoo on 06-17-10 at 08:27 AM
Identities Revealed.

Guess they had to wait for Jonathan and Jesse to officially be eliminated from this season.

I am totally calling a Jonathan/Tenley hook-up now. And possible Gia and Jesse.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Estee on 06-17-10 at 10:24 AM
I think I'll save time and just call it megacrap. A 'don't think too hard' series, huh? How about a 'don't think at all, or else you'll see the strings trailing from every shoulder' scriptfest? This thing is Big Brother done one worse, and they have no way of convincing me there's an honest moment in the entire season.

I could hear the host smirking all the way through the interview. And that shouldn't even be possible.

Posted by samboohoo on 06-17-10 at 12:26 PM
I agree, but right now I'm all about Bachelor/Bachelorette megacrap. I blame MRC. He didn't guard and protect me.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Estee on 06-17-10 at 12:46 PM
But he did get a tattoo.

Posted by mrc on 06-17-10 at 02:15 PM

Posted by Loree on 06-17-10 at 01:03 PM
Spoilers are already leaking out as they get eliminated. Too bad they couldn't have done this live. Instead we will get a completely edited version of what happened.

"Fixed that for you."
Posted by Estee on 06-17-10 at 02:27 PM
Instead we will get a completely poorly edited version of what happened.

Posted by Tummy on 06-22-10 at 08:45 AM
Not Wes!

"It's not a guest appearance, it's a fix."
Posted by Estee on 06-24-10 at 01:20 PM
Jake will appear on the show -- but not as a contestant.

He'll probably host a dance-off.

"RE: It's not a guest appearance, it's a fix."
Posted by MKitty on 06-24-10 at 02:25 PM
Yeah, as the "wise mentor" LOL...

Posted by Round Robin on 06-25-10 at 02:39 AM
Wise mentor, my @ss. I'm sure you use that term sarcastically, because that guy is about as wise as a punch in the mouth. I still have no use for Vienna, but I have even less use for Jake. What a world class doofus!

Posted by Jackie40s on 07-01-10 at 09:23 PM
It would be a lot more exciting if they have a special (for those who watch) "Hell's kitchen" with contestants from the past seasons, including Robert & Lacy..