URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1804
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 21 - Episode 7 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by dabo on 11-11-12 at 08:41 PM
Keep all conversation about tonight's episode here until the show airs on the west coast. Looks like we're on time tonight with the clock on Puerto Rican time until spring.

Anyone around?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 21 - Episode 7 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Snidget on 11-11-12 at 09:01 PM
Here!

Posted by dabo on 11-11-12 at 09:03 PM
Who wants some sherbet, you want some sherbet! Six teams are left. Europe Asia Europe Asia!

Posted by dabo on 11-11-12 at 09:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-12 AT 09:16 PM (EST)

It seems no one flies directly to Moscow. Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent flight delayed, miss connecting flight in Frankfort. Should have gone to Athens. Or Amsterdam. Or Munich.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-11-12 at 10:39 PM
What a mix of arrival times. I again wish that instead of a simple bunch point that there were cards to be taken the separate the timing teams enter the gates after openning.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-11-12 at 10:43 PM
I have only watched about half of the episodes this season due to DVR problems. But I couldn't believe how horrible Trey and Lexi were at the airport. They couldn't' remember the name of the Russian airline Aeroflot, give a half-hearted attempt to buy tickets and then go buy food instead while they wait for the twins. Have they been this awful all season?

Posted by Karchita on 11-12-12 at 02:05 PM
That was particularly lame, I think.

Even if they couldn't remember the name (who hasn't heard of Aeroflot?), it just isn't that hard to figure out that the airline that goes to Russia is the one with all the Russian letters on its sign.

Posted by featherfish81 on 11-12-12 at 03:48 PM
Or they could, you know, go back to the information booth and get them to write it down...

Posted by Karchita on 11-12-12 at 02:07 PM
They should have gone any where with a bigger airport.

And with such a tight connection, they should have asked when was the next flight from Frankfort to Moscow, so they would know what the risk was.

"Detour"
Posted by Snidget on 11-11-12 at 09:30 PM
Synchronized swimming, or find books in the Russian library.

Twins are thinking of express passing as they can't understand the swimming instructions.

"RE: Detour"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-11-12 at 09:46 PM
Here now!

Good idea for the twins to save their express pass as they all know the goat farmers and Abbie/Ryan are both way, way behind.

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-11-12 at 10:31 PM
I had forgotten all about their Express Pass.

Posted by byoffer on 11-12-12 at 01:12 PM
Their initial plan was to use the pass even though they felt they were safe because the others missed their flight. Their thought was to a) win the stage and b) get a big buffer to keep them safe for the next episode. They were worried they might lose hours on the swimming challenge.

Hello, ever hear of bunching points??

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-12-12 at 01:20 PM
Does the Express Pass allow you to skip both the Detour and Roadblock or just one of the two?

Posted by dabo on 11-12-12 at 01:27 PM
Just the one.

Posted by Karchita on 11-12-12 at 02:20 PM
Tough detour.

The Cyrillic alphabet really isn't that hard. I learned to sound out words without much difficulty when I was in Bulgaria. Yes, there are symbols that aren't in our alphabet, but a lot are the same or similar. And I can't believe no one saw the list which gave the whole alphabet in order. Copy that down and you have the key.

The synchronized swimming seemed much harder to me, and I'm a good swimmer. It also would be very time consuming plus having to change clothes and dry off.

Posted by dabo on 11-11-12 at 09:30 PM
Detour, Read Russian or Synchronous Swimming.

James and Abba to library. Good ol' card catelogs.
Chippendales to pool.
Chippendales almost ready for a Saturday Night Live routine.
Trey and Lexi to library, hit the cards.
Twins have trouble getting a ride because they are brown, finally at pool.
Trey and Lexi head to the stacks.

Posted by Snidget on 11-11-12 at 09:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-12 AT 09:40 PM (EST)

James and Abba get to the pool after changing tasks, Russian Coach, "I am already afraid."

"Flower Heads"
Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-11-12 at 10:32 PM
While other teams wore the flower swim caps, they were really a sight on the Chippendales.

At the very least, after the race you can be sure that their fellow stage dancers will swim caps waiting for they to use on the stage.

The twins did far worse and I think the instructor gave them a pass just to get rid of them.

As for the goat farmers? They may drown before they pass.

"RE: Flower Heads"
Posted by Karchita on 11-12-12 at 02:11 PM
I think the coach was much harder on the Chippendales and then realized that they others would never pass. She was easier on all of the ones that followed.

"Roadblock"
Posted by Snidget on 11-11-12 at 09:37 PM
Unlock a mega-boatload of locks to release a ribbon.

Two teams behind decide to run together.

Posted by dabo on 11-11-12 at 09:48 PM
Trey & Lexi done, head to Trees of Love.
Chippendales done, to the trees.
Must unlock a tree to get next clue.
Stragglers agree to run together to end of leg.
Twins done, to the trees.

Pitstop the Bolshoi!

James and Abba at pool.

Trey & Lexi #1

Stragglers finally get to Moscow.

Chippendales #2

James & Abba done at pool, to the trees!

Library closed, stragglers must swim for it.

Josh & Brent fear water, Ryan likes the Russian swimmers.

Twins #3

James & Abba at trees, tell the cab to wait, then cab is gone with the bags.

Posted by dabo on 11-11-12 at 09:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-12 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

James & Abba keep going hoping cab will come back. (End up with another cab.)

Abbie & Ryan done at pool. Wait for Beekmans. Beekmans try again and again, nyet nyet.

James & Abba can't check in without passports.

TO BE CONTINUED

"Packs"
Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-11-12 at 10:34 PM
By now I would had thought that all racers know to get hip packs to hold money, clues and passports --- and never let them out of your sight!

"RE: Packs"
Posted by catsnotkids on 11-12-12 at 10:20 AM
Exactly - what world traveler doesn't know that you MUST MUST have a money belt or a fanny pack and keep your passport on you AT ALL TIMES? I cannot imagine why it would be in their backpack to begin with and why they would ever let it out of their sight. Ever.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-12-12 at 11:08 AM
Especially in Russia.

Posted by Karchita on 11-12-12 at 02:32 PM
Especially everywhere.

I can't think of a single instance anywhere, ever that I would not have my passport on my person unless it were locked up in a safe in my hotel. My pack is never out of my sight unless it is checked or I have watched it get tied to the roof of the bus or whatever.

They must have paid the taxi driver or he wouldn't have left. If they paid him and told him to wait, that is a mixed message for someone that perhaps didn't understand everything they said. Their actions would have indicated that he was done, so off he goes.

Of course, I wouldn't put my money in a zippered pocket on my backpack where it could fall out, either.

And if I had lost my passport and pack they way they did, I would have called the police and embassy right away. And James is a lawyer? Wow.

Posted by featherfish81 on 11-12-12 at 03:52 PM
Don't they give them one? In past seasons the travelers have had a small pack with the Amazing Race flag on it, where they kept their passports and other vital things. They all looked the same, so I assumed they were race issued. Perhaps not, or maybe not this season.

"To be continued..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-11-12 at 10:00 PM
Phil tells the Rockers they need to produce their passports in order to get checked in. We cut to a "To Be Continued".

Meanwhile, Abbie and Ryan finished the synchro detour in quick order, but they agreed to work with the goat farmers to finish together, so it looks like they're in for a LONG wait as the goat farmers are just hapless.

My prediction for next week: The goat farmers eventually get it done or the swim coach takes mercy on them, then the two teams finish ahead of the Rockers who are still figuring out the passport situation.

"RE: To be continued..."
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-11-12 at 10:30 PM
Very strange to be continued - coming attractions clearly show Abby & Ryan will move on. So they'll eliminate a team (Beekman Boys or Rockers) in the first ten minutes of the next show?

Posted by CTgirl on 11-11-12 at 10:40 PM
I was not expecting a "to be continued" at all!

So frustrating as I want the Rockers to be put out of their misery and now we have to continue on for another week.

There has got to be a major bunching point coming up to get the stragglers caught up to the front of the pack.

Posted by catsnotkids on 11-12-12 at 10:21 AM
With any luck it's the BBs who are out. I can no longer stand watching them.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-11-12 at 10:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-12 AT 10:36 PM (EST)

How does the swim coach resists jumping into the pool and drowning someone (even if it is just herself) to stop the madness I don't know.

Posted by Karchita on 11-12-12 at 02:35 PM
LOL!

Posted by Karchita on 11-12-12 at 02:40 PM
I suppose the goat farmers could give up and go to the mat with the other team and take the time penalty, thinking that it is the end for them.

I am really disappointed in the passivity and lack of resourcefulness of the rockers with their passport situation. They could get it together and still beat one of the other teams, especially the goat farmers.

Posted by dabo on 11-12-12 at 02:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-12 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

ditto. They should have paid the cabbie to sit with them and get on dispatch to locate the cab with their bags and have him return them.