URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 180
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TA3 episode 2 (1/27/05)"

Posted by banzai on 01-07-05 at 11:46 PM

from the official press release:

THE APPRENTICE 3, episode 2 --(8:30PM-9:59PM) --(TV-PG)
"No.302 - Motel 666"
"MOTEL 666" -- The teams descend upon the Jersey shore to fix up and run their own not-so-five-star motels. Both teams pull all-nighters to win the hearts and minds of their guests. A mutiny brews at one team while a candidate may or may not quit the other group. The winners set sail on a luxury ship while the losers feel the heat of the boardroom when Donald Trump fires the second candidate.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TA3 episode 2 (1/27/05)"
Posted by ARnutz on 01-08-05 at 08:24 AM
Thanks for the info Banzai... I'm curious as to why this description (also ep. 1 description) says the time for the show to air is 8:30 to 9:59? Are they going to run 1 1/2 hour episodes? What does DT want, complete saturation and overexposure? Or could it be a misprint?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Posted by Bebo on 01-08-05 at 09:38 AM
I think they're trying to run super-sized episodes to combat the CBS lock on Thursday nights.

And, if the rumors of a February 3 debut for Survivor are true, they're trying to get a loyal audience locked in before Survivor starts back up, in an effort to erode that audience.

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Posted by ARnutz on 01-08-05 at 09:47 AM
This is probably true... They may do well in the first few weeks, but if Survivor starts when expected they could have a drop in viewers when that happens. I think last season it wasn't a problem though because Survivor was airing at 8 pm while the Apprentice came on at 9 pm.

Posted by Spidey on 01-13-05 at 02:29 PM
They'll move it to 9 once Survivor starts. Burnett wouldn't allow anything else.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 01-13-05 at 03:06 PM
yuppers I agree with the tingly one. Last year I think they did a few 90 minute episodes and then after the first two started showing the longer cuts on saturday's.

"It's a retro WinterSlice sig"

Posted by banzai on 01-08-05 at 09:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-05 AT 09:43 AM (EST)

Yeah, now that you mention it.
For sure, the 1st episode should be long.
But how come the 2nd one is that long too?

Edit: Joey is still on. So I guess they cancel or move 1 show. Is it Will & Grace?

Posted by ARnutz on 01-08-05 at 09:51 AM
I agree... a 90 minute premiere episode makes sense because you want to see enough of the new candidates to get a decent first impression of them. IMO it is not necessary to have a 90 minute 2nd episode.

It would not be unheard of to just show Joey (or just Will & Grace) then The Apprentice on the premiere night.

Posted by seahorse on 01-10-05 at 09:28 AM
I think they had a couple of longer episodes the last season before settling in to 1 hour each.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Pepito on 01-12-05 at 00:03 AM
Yeah, I'm actually excited that it's starting up again. I just hope that the editing is a little more exciting this time. TA2 was so obvious that the boardroom was not as thrilling as it should have been. Whatever, it's just t.v., mindless entertainment, I don't watch soap operas so this gives me something impersonal that I can spend my time thinking about. I'll be watching...

Thanks for early synopses, banzai.

Pepito

Posted by Muffy on 01-13-05 at 02:40 AM
I agree. I'll watch. This is pure fluff entertainment. I don't take it too seriously. Its all about the drama. Let's see what happens this go around...Here we go!

Posted by beaker on 01-24-05 at 09:57 PM
I am watching, too.

Posted by treena924 on 01-27-05 at 07:52 PM
I also was wondering about the time. But i was wondering what was up with the minute 8:59.!!!!!!!!!! who came up with that.

Posted by banzai on 01-24-05 at 05:43 PM
from the official press release

ONE CANDIDATE FACES THE POSSIBILITY OF QUITTING THE COMPETITION ON THE MOST EMOTIONAL "APPRENTICE" YET (JANUARY 27, 8:30-10 p.m. ET)
Published: January 24, 2005

CANDIDATES RENOVATE AND RUN TWO MOTELS AND ARE EVALUATED VIA YAHOO!BILLIONAIRE STEVE FORBES MAKES A SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE

NEW YORK -- January 24, 2005 -- Teams "Magna" and "Net Worth" face an almost impossible task and one candidate caves under the stress and walks off the show during an emotional and poignant episode of NBC's "The Apprentice" (January 27, 8:30pm-10:00pm ET). Yahoo!'s new local search product - Yahoo Local - is featured during the task, and billionaire Steve Forbes shows up in a surprise appearance.

With the battleground set "Book Smarts" vs. "Street Smarts", Donald Trump issues the colossal task of renovating and then running two dilapidated motels in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. Teams are given seed money to renovate their assigned motel and then, overnight, they are expected to open their doors to customers. Upon checkout, customers use the new Yahoo! Local service to rate and review the motels, and those ratings determine who wins. 'The Apprentice' guests' ratings and reviews will be featured exclusively on Yahoo! Local immediately following the episode and can be found by going to Yahoo! and searching for "Apprentice Motel."

The drama builds to a feverish pitch as conflicts begin to emerge on each team and many of the candidates are overwhelmed by the task at hand. One candidate walks off the show and, in an emotional moment, is confronted on the street by Carolyn. The project manager of the losing team leaves Trump speechless in the boardroom.

"Our relationship with Mark Burnett Productions has proven to be a successful way for Yahoo! to translate offline broadcast impressions to online consumer engagement," said Jim Moloshok, senior vice president of entertainment & content acquisition at Yahoo!. "As showcased on the second episode of this season's 'The Apprentice,' listening to the voice of your consumer is critically important in business, and something that we take very seriously at Yahoo!. Additionally, Yahoo! Local's new rating and review platform provides consumers with the opportunity to express their opinions online - a feature that consumers find is becoming increasingly important."

"MAGNA": Stephanie, Bren, Erin, Michael, Danny, Verna, Kendra, and Alex

"NET WORTH": John, Audrey, Angie, Brian, Tara, Chris, Tana, Craig and Kristen.

About Yahoo! Local:

Yahoo!, the world's most recognized Internet brand and the most popular local destination on the Internet, now provides users a higher quality local search experience with the new Yahoo! Local (http://local.yahoo.com). Yahoo! Local leverages Yahoo!'s leading search technology, comprehensive local business listings, innovative mapping functionality and user-generated content for a more powerful, precise and comprehensive way to find local information. Users can now share their local experiences online by rating and reviewing almost every business in the country on Yahoo! Local ? from dry cleaners and dentists to florists and fine dining establishments. With innovative SmartView functionality and refinement tools, consumers can pinpoint localized information and businesses in their hometown, or in any other location in the United States. Yahoo! Local is also committed to building relationships with the merchant community through a Local listings service which allows merchants to add or edit their business information on Yahoo! Local. Yahoo! Local is fully integrated with Yahoo! Search and can be found on the Yahoo! homepage or directly at http://local.yahoo.com.

"The Apprentice" is produced by Mark Burnett Productions in association with Trump Productions LLC. Mark Burnett, Donald Trump and Jay Bienstock are executive producers. Conrad Riggs and Kevin Harris are co-executive producers.