URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID105
Thread Number: 18
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Broadway Show"

Posted by bole on 03-30-07 at 02:58 PM
Does anyone plan on going to the actual broadway show? I'd love to see Max and Laura in true Danny/Sandy character. Max is so adorable and sings great like in his duet to "It Takes Two." He does have a tougher side like when he sang "Hard to Handle." I'm sure he will be a hit on the big stage. Can't wait to see it!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Broadway Show"
Posted by kidflash212 on 04-11-07 at 00:57 AM
I was planning on going - until Max won. He is so wrong for the role I won't waste my money. Nothing could make me believe Max as a tough leader of a '50s gang. I'd be willing to bet that most of his votes came from people who will never see the show.

Posted by Loree on 04-11-07 at 11:05 AM
With Max as Danny I would have no interest in going. Even with free tickets. He is so wrong for this role.

Posted by Estee on 04-11-07 at 11:39 AM
Pass. I already know how it ends.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 05-03-07 at 10:05 AM
When Max won, I was happy to look into seeing the show. But then they introduced the cast, and I still have to ask - WHO THE HELL IS ROGER?

It was not Max winning that killed my interest. It was that ridiculous casting change. The T-birds are Danny, Kenickie, Doody, Sonny, and Putzie. There is no Roger about it. Plain and simple.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-17-15 at 02:55 PM
Actually Roger was a role from the original Broadway production that got left out of the movie version.

Can anyone tell I'm very bored today? replying to threads from 2008 which no one will ever read?

Posted by Agman2 on 02-17-15 at 07:12 PM
busted, I'm doing the same thing!

Posted by Loree on 09-26-07 at 05:02 PM
I read the review that Entertainment Weekly gave the Broadway show. They only gave it a C-. And they usually don't give anyone a D.

They said Laura Osnes as Sandy is more suited to The Little Mermaid. And they said Max Crumm puts a goofy spin on rebel Danny, but he never quite connects. The reviewer was not impressed at all. He said Kathleen Marshall's direction was claustrophobic.

They also told what the runner-ups were doing. Ashley Spencer is playing Hairspray's uppity Amber. And Austin Miller is starring in the Off Broadway musical Tully(In No particular Order).

Posted by broadwaydiva80 on 10-03-07 at 01:45 AM
Can I just tell you...

HE was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved him on the show...but he was SO PERFECT for this part...his singing....acting....dancing...he had it all. I was actually disappointed in Laura's acting. Her voice was good...but he really shined every second he was on stage....

HE IS THE ONE THAT I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go see it if you have a chance!!!!!

"RE: The Broadway Show - Update"
Posted by trigirl on 08-12-08 at 04:11 PM
Just read that Laura and Max completed their roles in July 08 and that the roles have been taken over by Derek and Ashley from the reality show. Cool.

bouncey by Ice