URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1797
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Spitting On Connor & Jonathan"

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-07-10 at 03:28 PM
They obviously don't mind being spit on. The lack of any anger to something as disgusting and demeaning as being spit on bothers me. I don't expect them to get out of the car and engage in a physical altercation but the only reaction I saw was fear - wouldn't most people have a least a little anger? Give the guy the finger or tell him to go 'eff himself?

I'm finding it hard to respect these boys who can't stand up for themselves.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Spitting On Connor & Jonathan"
Posted by byoffer on 10-08-10 at 11:44 AM
I think there was a lot of fear from them long before the spitting. I think a lot of the teams had the same reaction. Seeing poverty is a regular part of TAR, but driving through "rough areas" of towns where violence is a risk is something I don't recall. I am not sure how I would react in such a situation, where I was unsure how "giving the finger" might escalate.

I don't think I like these two, but don't think I can really carp on them for their actions in this situation.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-08-10 at 11:54 AM
But even when they weren't in that situation, these two have shown no ability to help themselves. They got lost going to the airport in Boston. While it may have been nice of them to stop when Gary & Mallory had a flat tire - they could have actually assisted Gary with changing the tire instead they just stood there. I get the feeling they don't have a clue how to change a tire. And they waited at the Pit Stop of this leg for the teams behind them so they could follow.

Posted by byoffer on 10-08-10 at 12:08 PM
I agree with all of that. I said I don't really like these two. I was only responding to your comment about them not defending themselves from the spitting while in a rough part of a strange city.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-08-10 at 12:46 PM
Even if I did nothing, I would still be angry about it. Didn't get that from either of them.

Posted by jbug on 10-08-10 at 12:20 PM
I was surprised that so many of the teams had their windows down. I saw one cab driver rolling his up - but the team didn't seem to follow his lead.

There are parts of Memphis that I won't drive with the windows down, much less the convertible top.

Posted by Karchita on 10-11-10 at 00:41 AM
Me too! I would never have my window open going through that neighborhood and I would never have my window down if the driver put his up.

Bouquet by c2p

Posted by samboohoo on 10-11-10 at 08:37 AM
Wow, Kid. I have to say I'm somewhat confused by your post. Could it be that you just don't like them, therefore, you will never agree with anything they do?

I don't even recall specifically right now seeing them being spat on. From their edit, the only negative - if one really wants to call it negative - they have is that their singing could just be downright annoying.

Yep, they've appeared somewhat lost and clueless at certain times, but they haven't completely screwed up. They aren't rude. They seem to appreciate their surroundings. They get along. They're nice to others. What would getting angry and confrontation really get them? And what if they had? Would you then be criticizing them for being disrespectful?

Maybe they were taught to turn the other cheek. In a world where there is so much hatred, I find it refreshing not to make a bad situation worse.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-11-10 at 10:47 AM
Possibly my post made it seem like I wanted them to act all macho and get into a fight. It wasn't meant like that. But such a passive reaction is the other extreme. I don't think it's a good thing to accept degradation and abuse so easily. It's just invites people to take advantage of you and gives you the reputation of being a coward.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by samboohoo on 10-11-10 at 10:55 AM
Gotcha.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie