URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1796
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Bachelor"

Posted by woiwod on 09-26-09 at 07:23 PM
Does anyone know when and if the next Bachelor will take place. Who is he?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Bachelor"
Posted by Snidget on 09-26-09 at 08:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-09 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

Looks like early 2010, but no firm date I can find.

ETA:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/09/25/the-bachelor-kiptyn-reid-jake/

October 13th is the announcement date of who the bachelor is.

Posted by Loree on 10-10-09 at 00:52 AM
They are suppose to announce the new Bachelor on the result show of DWTS next week. I have heard it is either Kiptyn or Jake from the last Bachelorette show. Kiptyn's local newspaper has stated he is the next Bachelor. But a female from Tennessee stated in another newspaper article that she is on the next season and Jake is the Bachelor. So there are conflicting reports.

Posted by mayzilou on 10-13-09 at 02:16 PM
Very interesting I can't wait to find out. I was actually hoping that it would be Reid. I wonder why they have waited so long to tell us.

Please join http://www.rockthe411.com for all your celebrity gossip

Posted by KoalaChick on 10-13-09 at 02:34 PM
Reality Steve says it's Jake, and he's pretty reliable. I'm disappointed, Jake is hot but he has a lot of baggage and is too emotional. I'd rather see Kiptyn or Reid...or an unknown. I'm kind of over recycling people on the show. Someone new wouls be nice.

Posted by Loree on 10-13-09 at 03:26 PM
Jake is just too goodytwoshoes nice. I think he will be worried about how he is perceived. I never believe we are seeing the real Jake. He could be very boring. I am not happy at all if Jake is the Bachelor.

"Jake is the next Bachelor"
Posted by CSHS79 on 10-14-09 at 12:14 PM
For anyone who missed the quick announcement made during DWTS, Jake is indeed the next Bachelor.To me he is the perfect choice because he's sincerely looking for his soulmate, unlike a lot of contestants who seem more into an exciting vacation and making out with someone sexy.
As for those who consider Jake boring, I want you to look at your
own husband. Is he a laugh riot, is life a never ending thrill ride of excitement? If you were smart, you married someone hard working and stable, someone you could trust would never cheat on you. A guy like that might not make for exciting television, but they make great husbands. So for all those who called me Jake obsessed when he was pursuing Jillian, I will concede he may not have been right for her.However, I will never change my mind that he is the kind of guy every woman serious about marriage should look for.

"RE: Jake is the next Bachelor"
Posted by jbug on 10-14-09 at 01:15 PM
Is Jake the pilot?

Posted by vince3 on 10-14-09 at 01:55 PM
Considering that the next one is called The Bachelor: On The Wings Of Love? I think that can safely be answered yes.....

Posted by MKitty on 10-15-09 at 01:32 PM
I totally loved Jake and am very happy that he gets to be the next bachelor. I hate watching all the usual slimeballs, so glad they went with a good guy this time!

I am seriously surprised at all the Jake-hate here!!

Spooked by Agman

Posted by jbug on 10-15-09 at 02:14 PM
whew!
I was waitin for someone else to be pro-Jake before I came out too
We'll sit together to watch this season, okay Kitty?
Course it appears we may be the only ones watching.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by thndrkttn on 10-14-09 at 01:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-09 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

Jake as the new Bachelor makes me want to gag. Booooring! *GAG*

ETA: link.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/10/13/jake-is-the-new-bachelor/

And I agree with the person who wrote the comment:

"As someone who has watched every season thus far, I can say H to the N way will I be watching this season. Ah, an hour of my life each week back–thanks, ABC!"

And bonus, it's TWO hours of my life back every Monday. *thumbs up*

Posted by true on 10-14-09 at 04:06 PM
I threw up a little when I saw his goofy grin on DWTS last night. What are they thinking?

I simply can not imagine how I could watch his season without falling asleep. IDK, maybe it will prove so bad that it's good, you know kindof like a train wreck that you can't stop watching. If history repeats itself, saintly Jake will end up being despised just like all the other re-tread bachelor/etts. I can only hope.

I haven't missed a season either, but I have no interest in seeing Mr. Goodytwoshoes doing his Golly Gosh act every week. He may make someone a good husband, but he makes HORRIBLE TV. Blah. I think I'd rather watch Wes as the bachelor. At least he made the show interesting.

Honestly, I wish this program would quit re-using people. *yawn*

Posted by mayzilou on 10-14-09 at 10:17 PM
I am so upset too that Jake is the new Bachelor I mean I think that he is a nice guy but he bores me. What were they thinking! And the wings of love thing is so dumb!

Please join http://www.rockthe411.com for all your celebrity gossip

Posted by thndrkttn on 10-15-09 at 01:01 PM
If history repeats itself, saintly Jake will end up being despised just like all the other re-tread bachelor/etts. I can only hope.

Ooooh! Now THAT I would tune in to watch. I think Jillian is the only one who didn't suffer as much as the others. Maybe they thought suffering through Wes and Ed's bs was enough.

I never in a billion years thought they could villify Jason the way they did, but boy oh boy, did they do a number on him! Of course, his participation in his downfall didn't help his cause much.

I just don't know if I can stand a whole two hours of Jake's 'bumpkin schtick'. My gosh, I could barely stand the snippets of him in the Bachelorette.

Was there a poll somewhere voting him in as the next bachelor? I demand a recount!

Posted by Loree on 10-15-09 at 04:42 PM
Maybe they recruited some extra nasty females for Jake's season. They need something to add excitement. Or they will reveal Jake has a dirty dark secret life. Otherwise I fear the audience will be put to sleep.

Posted by likethedirection on 10-15-09 at 05:00 PM
Jake seems like a great guy and I'm excited to see next season!

Posted by woiwod on 10-16-09 at 11:11 AM
I am with you 100 percent. I am glad he is the next bachelor, finally it seems the producers have gotten a nice guy. Nice guys can be very exciting also, just look at my hubby. I don't understand why anyone would not like him unless of course people are thrill seekers and like things like sky diving etc....

Posted by fullofgrace2470 on 10-31-09 at 07:19 PM
I always like the more sincere bach/ettes. Even after all these seasons, I'm always hoping for the love story. I don't expect one lol, but a girl can hope, right?

Posted by FlowerChild on 12-29-09 at 12:33 PM
So the new Bachelor is starting in a few weeks and already I have heard there is a little drama on set. One of the females is having some sort of 'relations' with someone from the production crew. (or so I've heard...from E! News)

The show hasn't even started and the drama is circulating!

Interesting.

Posted by Loree on 12-29-09 at 11:22 PM
I saw on a preview that Jillian and Ed show up on the first ep to help Jake with his decision on who to boot.

Posted by Kyree on 01-04-10 at 08:29 PM
Hi everyone. I suspect that Jake will be a totally different person without all the other males and competition present. Let's just assume we'll see more of his personality this time around. Afterall, he'll be in the drivers seat.

Posted by qwertypie on 01-04-10 at 08:54 PM
Chris Harris confirms the affair rumour

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/chris-harrison-confirms-bachelor-bachelorette-had-affair-with-producer-10167.php