URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1795
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Thank God You're Here"

Posted by mrc on 04-10-07 at 10:56 AM
I LMAO at this show last night. Joel McHale and Brian Cranston were hi-larious, especially in the superhero skit at the end. Monique also did quite well in the second episode.

I like the show a bit better than Whose Line Is It Anyway? The producers could dump Dave Foley, though, or at least make him do something in the skits. He's pretty worthless otherwise; I've never found him funny.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

Table of contents
  • RE: Thank God You're Here,udg, 11:52 AM, 04-10-07
    • RE: Thank God You're Here,Snidget, 09:31 AM, 04-11-07
      • To be fair...,udg, 02:17 PM, 04-11-07
  • RE: Thank God You're Here,brvnkrz, 03:09 PM, 04-10-07
  • Thursday!,zombiebaby, 05:51 PM, 04-10-07
  • RE: Thank God You're Here,Captain_Savem, 01:45 AM, 04-11-07
  • RE: Thank God You're Here,Bebo, 11:27 AM, 04-11-07
    • RE: Thank God You're Here,Agman2, 04:45 PM, 03-11-16
  • RE: Thank God You're Here,eire_heart74, 06:58 AM, 04-20-07
  • RE: Thank God You're Here,kidflash212, 02:14 PM, 07-10-16

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Thank God You're Here"
Posted by udg on 04-10-07 at 11:52 AM
ITA that Dave Foley is worthless.

While there were some great parts, I didn't think the show overall was better than Whose Line. Some of the skits just plain fell flat, which I don't remember ever happening on Whose Line.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Snidget on 04-11-07 at 09:31 AM
I don't know how they are running this compared to Whose Line.

I thought I read that they recorded a lot more skits than were on the air for Whose Line. With the set up for Whose Line you could do extra skits and toss the ones that fell flat pretty easily.

"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."
- An English Professor

"To be fair..."
Posted by udg on 04-11-07 at 02:17 PM
It's also possible that the pacing and such will get better when they've got a few episodes under their "belts" and figure out what's working and what's not.

I also thought the "warm up" things provided some of the best lines of the night.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by brvnkrz on 04-10-07 at 03:09 PM
I had tears rolling down my face from laughter. I loved Wayne Knight. I was busting a gut.
I agree, Foley should stick to the Celebrity Poker Tour. He was a bore.

Arkie Rocks!!!

"Thursday!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 04-10-07 at 05:51 PM
Loved the super hero skit and the "I never liked dry ice" line.

Some actors are better than others but I give them all credit for putting themselves out there. NBC would be crazy not to make this part of their lineup.

Brian Cranston was histerical.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 04-11-07 at 01:45 AM
I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long, time! I agree, Brian Cranston stole the show last night. His rock star skit was so on point! Mo'Nique started off real shaky but I think she figured it out towards the end of her skit. She totally made the King Arthur finale worth watching.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Posted by Bebo on 04-11-07 at 11:27 AM
DVR didn't record the first ep, dang it. Did like the second one. Kevin Nealon had me laughing, and Edie McClurg did well in the marriage counselor skit. But Mo stole the group skit.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-11-16 at 04:45 PM
It's okay Bebo, happens to the best of us!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 04-20-07 at 06:58 AM
Caught this the other night when Tom Green Chlease Hammer that guy from Star Trek and Shannon Elizabeth. Chealse was great and deserved the win. I personaly don't get Tom Green's humor at all. That whole just make strange faces, saying nothing, climbing and knocking stuff over thing. That's just not funny to me.

I thought Shannon was going to blow but she was kind of funny. Not great but cute.

I don't understand at all why Dave Foley is there.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 02:14 PM
When did this show air?