URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1794
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Work Out, Season 2"

Posted by Rebel Crown on 04-04-07 at 02:13 AM
Anyone watching this year? I got hooked on it during the season but I must admit I checked it out last year only because my name is Jackie as well. The thought of watching people exercize didn't really sound like a good show to me, but the personalities of the trainers, and Jackie herself won me over.

But this year sounds like it's going to be an emotional roller coaster - don't want to post any spoilers but when the show starts out with a dedication...I was shocked; hadn't heard anything about it. Here's a link to an interview given by Brian and Jesse about this season:

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2007/3/jessebrianworkout

Don't look if you don't want to know.

And, Amazing Race fans may or may not enjoy catching glimpses of Victoria sans idiot husband, and Rebecca with no MaryAdam in sight. MORE Rebecca than ever seen on TAR, which may or may not be a good thing.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Work Out, Season 2"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 04-04-07 at 11:33 AM
I just ran into this show within the last week and a half...been trying to catch up where I can on Bravo.

Your spoiler saddens me.....my favorite.

Posted by ginger on 04-05-07 at 01:28 PM
Hi guys! I like Workout, too. This is even sadder:

http://www.gay.com/news/article.html?2007/01/24/4

Posted by maryellennaco on 04-05-07 at 06:40 PM
Wow, thanks for both links. I too wondered what happened to Doug - he sure seemed like a great person!

Posted by Agman2 on 03-02-16 at 06:28 PM
I'm here to tell you I have no idea what happened to him.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 04-06-07 at 11:32 AM
I swear this guy had the talents and compassion to be a friend to anybody....I can't believe it.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-02-16 at 06:29 PM
He was mean to me.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 02:11 PM
I'll get my baseball bat and take care of it.

"Episode 204, April 11th episode"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 04-11-07 at 01:07 PM
I felt like I was watching a virtual memorial/eulogy about Doug. It was very nice, everything was so upbeat and positive about Doug.

I am glad he and Jesse made amends, it seems as though everyone had a very high respect for him.

I loved how Laurie came to his party as a friend, but was it was getting a little awkward for me when he told everyone about her being a client and wanting to lose weight. She looked fabulous. It was cute when she asked if she could eat and drink!!!

I loved how he included Erika in the birthday celebration.

It was a very sad foreshadowing when he told Cheo this would be his last birthday party.....made me so sad, and love him so much more.

Doug was such a lovely man, inside and out.

Bravo was very tasteful with this episode when it came to Doug.

"RE: Episode 204, April 11th episode"
Posted by maryellennaco on 04-11-07 at 07:34 PM
I totally agree. It was sort of eerie, watching; knowing what we know now. Wow, to be just 44 years old and go like that. What was the deal with the his parents not making it to 44? Did you catch any of that?
Very well done on Bravo's part, though. What a loss for the world.

"RE: Episode 204, April 11th episode"
Posted by ginger on 04-25-07 at 04:01 PM
I am so surprised Bravo didn't milk this. Pleased, but surprised. I wonder if they worried it would take so much attention away from Jackie they would spoil the focus of the show?

I still like this show but it is hard to move past feeling very sad about this guy.

Still, our feelings underscore one of the kewl things about Workout-it shows a variety of gay people in more 3-dimensional, less stereotypical ways.

Posted by maryellennaco on 05-07-07 at 12:05 PM
Man, we sure got tired of Lesbian Workout in a hurry! The finale show is on in a week! They only had like 6 or 7 episodes! Guess when one of your top guys passes away, there's not much more we can get from Jackie and her whole obsession with fitness. There's more to life, Jackie... Get a grip!

Posted by weltek on 05-11-07 at 11:16 AM
Actually, the amount of episodes is pretty standard for the reality show world on cable.

I watched most of the season and admire Jackie. I think she has a better handle on life than many people have. At least she's making reality tv and not on here, wasting our time talking about it like we are!

Posted by aquariaqueen on 10-24-07 at 03:39 PM
New episode tonight, October 24th, 10:00 central time.