URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1791
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Waves at Spot - Even more teams"

Posted by Starshine on 09-07-10 at 10:46 AM
More teams!

Alan Wu is back, and TARA 4 is only just over a week away.

Generally the race is a lot more physical than TAR, and waiting for flights has not been a major part of the show, in fact generally it seems that they all travel on the same flight, it also appears that the teams have only been allowed to travel on airlines that sponsor the show!

The first series allowed us the first all female team to win an Amazing Race, and gave us the memorable team M&M who managed to come fourth despite not being able to do more than shuffle slowly (represent Brothers!)

Sunaina and Dimple - Indian actresses and friends - They seem confident, and say they are in good shape, they have been in Dill Mill Gaye and Aathvan Vachan so in countries with an Indian population they may have an advantage, on the other hand Indian couples haven't done that well in the race, and they look as if they may be worried about their nails chipping.

Sahil and Manas - Indian "actors" and cousins - Sahil is an aspiring actor, and Manas has appeared on the Indian version of "The Bachelorette (oh heavens), they are young and fit, but they haven't travelled much so I don't think they will be able to cope with the different cultures. As with other Indian teams I think they may take short cuts that will come back to haunt them.

Natasha and Hussein - Indonesian father and daughter - Hussein has lived in the US, Canadia and China for a few years so he should be able to cope with that, however he is 53 even if he does look fit. They are running this race so Hussain can spend some time with Natasha before she gets married - This sort of reason always seems to hang an albatross around the neck of the team using it.

Nadine and Yani - Indonesian friends - They have never had an argument and can read each others minds, so leg 3 should be a new experience for them! Their arsenal includes cute outfits and waterproof makeup, so I hope they stick around

Ivan and Tengku - Malaysian husband and wife - He is originally from Hungary, and she looks very scary on the photo, they are martial arts experts so they should be fit, he is a university lecturer and she is a researcher so they should also be smart. If they remain calm they should do very well

Ethan and Mohd - Malaysian friends - Our jokes are quite distasteful and only we find it funny. Plus, we are social misfits, and very petty oh good, looking forward to that. I fear they may be our alpha male team

Jess and Lani - Party girls from The Philippines - OK actually they are from Australia and emigrated to the Philippines. They lvoe adrenaline sports, but it took Lani 3 hours to get over her fear of nights before taking a parachute jump? Might be a surprise wimp out.

Richard and Richard - Friends from the Philippines - Apparently should be called the ****s, pro basketball player (bad TAR pedigree) and an Actor, seem very cocky and competitive, however they may make a balls up of this by concentrating on each other and not on the race.

Claire and Michelle – “Rebels” from Singapore – Now there’s an oxymoron! Really an actress and a musician. Very young and appear to have issues, so I don’t think we will see that much of them

Alan and Wendy – Dating couple from Hong Kong – Well Wendy is from New York, but they are both partially islands right? They are also actors, sigh, actually they may run quite well, but we shall see.

What no teams from Thailand, Sri Lanka or Japan?

My Predictions

Winner - Ivan and Tengku
2nd - Richard and Richard
3rd - Alan and Wendy
4th - Sahil and Manas
5th - Ethan and Mohd
6th - Natasha and Hussain
7th - Nadine and Yano
8th - Sunaina and Dimple
9th - Claire and Michelle
Last - Jess and Lani

Well Spot, what do you think?

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Waves at Spot - Even more teams"
Posted by Max Headroom on 09-07-10 at 12:44 PM
It's too bad this show doesn't air in the US, as I like the looks of this cast much better than the US TAR cast.

Posted by qwertypie on 10-04-10 at 01:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 09-17-10 at 09:18 PM
I love your descriptions Starshine! I wish I could see this series too. It would be a kick to see it all play out: What fun to see our stereotypical couples from other cultures!!!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Starshine on 10-04-10 at 03:05 PM
Crying (but waterproof) models gone!

All the other teams seem really good (although the party girls are starting to get annoying)

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Posted by Starshine on 12-10-10 at 05:30 PM
Well my predictions were rubbish then!

Thanks to getting the best flight team Alphamale from Spots hometown (via the USA) win.

The team that I thought would come in 9th prodded posterior and would have made it a real race if they hadn't been ten hours behind after the flights.

TAR needs to start doing tougher legs ala TARA.

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-10-10 at 09:26 PM
This sounds like an interesting show. This has probably been asked before, but is there any way to view this in the US? Online or DVDs??? (Also, is it subtitled?)

Posted by Starshine on 12-11-10 at 05:28 AM
I don't think it is broadcast in the US however it is on You Tube.

Regarding subtitles, generally they are not shown, however the language of the race is English.

Let me know what you think Episode 1 part 1

Posted by Molaholic on 12-12-10 at 03:40 PM
Essentially the same as the US version in style and format.

It is in English, and it seems to me that many of the racers may be native English speakers (several with no or slight accents), and I didn't pick up any other languages as they went through the events.

***SPOILER ALERT***
Interesting alternative to the NEL/U-Turn but then I just watched Episode 1, so who knows.

Thanks for posting the link.